X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• armedoldhippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bud Green Sr. View Post
    'you must spread some reputation around before...." blah, blah, blah...

Ummmm, So I guess you're gonna tell us the big one got away??
    actually, for that species and that creek, it may have BEEN the "big one" LOL!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    A friend of mine was French fly fishing champion a few years back. Whereas in American competition they seem to win boats and trucks, his prize was a box of hooks

Leave a comment:

• Bud Green
    replied
    Originally posted by armedoldhippy View Post
    View Image
    appalachian-strain native brook trout...
    'you must spread some reputation around before...." blah, blah, blah...

Ummmm, So I guess you're gonna tell us the big one got away??

Leave a comment:

• armedoldhippy
    replied

now, imagine that you are waving a fly rod...LOL!

Leave a comment:

• armedoldhippy
    replied

one of Stoned-Trouts distant relatives, stream-bred rainbow...

Leave a comment:

• armedoldhippy
    replied

appalachian-strain native brook trout...

Leave a comment:

• stoned-trout
    replied
    I have never used scented sprays on a fly..or a salmon egg....that's cheating...... I finally got my lighted magnifier setup..the cheap plastic mounting clamp finally gave out ..so I got a steel rod and drilled a hole in a wood area by my couch..its perfect...now I got to find my fly vise or get another...everything else I got still...yeehaw

Leave a comment:

• armedoldhippy
    replied
    Originally posted by stoned-trout View Post
    I am still cheating with a clear cast a bubble...haven't got a new setup yet...yeehaw
    so long as you don't put salmon eggs on your nymphs, it isn't cheating...it is OK to spray them with the Berkeley GULP stuff, though...

Leave a comment:

• stoned-trout
    replied
    I am still cheating with a clear cast a bubble...haven't got a new setup yet...yeehaw

Leave a comment:

• armedoldhippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bud Green Sr. View Post
    For top quality gear for a reasonable price, check out "Reddington" reels....You won't be disappointed...and their disc-drag system is amazingly smooth...
    went and checked them out yesterday, like what I see. drag seemed VERY smooth, and under $90 to boot. thanks for posting on them....

Leave a comment:

• stoned-trout
    replied
    my old knuckle buster nickel salmon reel is missing ...was a 400+$ reel...oldschool....errrr...

Leave a comment:

• armedoldhippy
    replied
    thanks, Bud! i'll check into them tonight...

Leave a comment:

• Bud Green
    replied
    Originally posted by armedoldhippy View Post
    anyone on here flyfishing in saltwater, or for salmon? looking for suggestions about an AFFORDABLE fly reel with a decent drag system. getting tired of the backlashes that result when something grabs a fly & heads downriver in a big-ass hurry...I lose lots of flies that way, LOL!
    For top quality gear for a reasonable price, check out "Reddington" reels....You won't be disappointed...and their disc-drag system is amazingly smooth...
    Last edited by Bud Green; 01-26-2015, 04:20.

Leave a comment:

• armedoldhippy
    replied
    anyone on here flyfishing in saltwater, or for salmon? looking for suggestions about an AFFORDABLE fly reel with a decent drag system. getting tired of the backlashes that result when something grabs a fly & heads downriver in a big-ass hurry...I lose lots of flies that way, LOL!

Leave a comment:

• armedoldhippy
    replied
    spring is headed our way. i need to buy a high(er)-end fly reel with a good drag to go with the 9' 6" graphite surf-stik. a regular no-drag fly reel is an invitation to disaster when a big hybrid or rockfish hits your streamer & heads toward a different zip code...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X