What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golf...

qwerty

I'd play golf everyday if I could!

I have been playing regularly, and am really improving.

I am much more comfortable when I step up to the ball now. I no longer have a slice, thus no longer have to play it/stand accordingly. Actually, I've been able to draw the ball a few times.

I am striving for that "sweet spot" every time I swing.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Did some cool putting that I didnt know that if you turn the shaft toward the hole rather than use the body to line up a shot,that ball will turn a certain way into the hole...I always used my body to line up the shot...Now I just grip the shaft a little to the right or left depending on the hole..I'm now getting those putts in.

trouble

Veteran
Life is Golf, Smoking Weed & Drinking Sotch....Everything Else Is Just Details......

Last edited:

Steaks

i love going to the driving range blazed, kinda afraid to actually play a hole, im pretty new to the whole golf swing deal.

qwerty

Played yesterday. Got my first birdie. Then I got 2 more. Had an eagle putt. I played amazing yesterday.

:joint:

trouble

Veteran
IC Golfers,

I have kept this match secret for over thirty years now protecting the honor of a then young Atlanta Girl it was my pleasure to have met at the Georgia Open in 1970. Now it can be told.

I played against Jack Nickalus and Arnold Palmer's best ball on the Augusta National Course in the late spring of 1973. This was a private match and the only witnessess were three young caddies present. My game, I must admit, was on and at the end of sixteen holes I had Nickalus & Palmer down eleven. As we approached the 18th Tee Nickalus informed me that he was in possesion of some photographs that, if placed in the wrong hands, could compromise the reputation of this certain young lady. Mind you, the lady was blamless, but Atlanta Society being what it was and with my knowledge of the nefarious Nickalus, I could see no other alternative but to go along with his scheme. Needless to say I agreed falsify the score. I allowed them to win the 18th hole. As Palmer holed his putt for a par, Nickalus loudly announced to the gallery that had formed around the green that he and Palmer had closed me out on the 14th green.

Since that day I have never spoken to Mr. Jack Nickalus. His many apologies and request for my custom made clubs are mailed back to him unopened. I accepted Mr. A. Palmer's apology and to this day we have remained great friends. I have buried the sordid memory of this infamous match for far too many years. Now that this lady is out of the way of mortal scandal I accuse Mr. Jack Nickalus of one of the foulest breaches of golf in history!

I am having this accusation printed and posted in all of the important Clubs in the U.S.A. and England.

As Ever,
Trouble
P.S. I have often wondered what Mr. Nickalus did with those
young caddies................

Last edited:

tngreen

Veteran
is this for real trouble? if so thats insane! very cool! how you guys been playin? got a match on wednesday.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Could you repeat that story, please? :laughing:

poetz_listen_to_bush.jpg

J

Jack Crevalle

Golf is for old dudes, us smokers play disc golf. Much more relaxed and fun. Nothing worse than watching lawyers talk about themselves and lie about their scores in golf. best to stick with the heads and play some disc golf

Dude I seriously was going to say exactly the same thing.

trouble

Veteran
buzzmobile said:
There's a lot to be said for a great golf shot. Most of the time I don't have much to say. ;)

Buzzmobile,
Do not be discouraged, a great golf shot can take many years to prefect. For example my famous "flag shot" was over 20 years in the making before I was able to execute it consistently in competitive play. I do not recommend this shot to any but the most expert. It takes an incredible amount of Practice, Dexterity, Skill, and Knowledge, and must be executed with an authority and dash unlike any other golf shot. The slightest miscalculation can spell ruin and what could have been one or two stokes can easily become four, five, or more.

Briefly expalined the "Flag Shot" is as follows :

No.1. The shot cannot be executed from less than 5 yards or more than 20 yards from the edge of the green. In the event the green is unusally long, a rule of thumb would be never to attempt a shot of more then 40 yards.

No.2. The wind must be blowing at a right angle of 90 degrees, plus or minus 10 degrees to the flight of the ball toward the flag stick and traversing the area at a speed of not less than 5 knots or more than 9. This wind speed can be determined by casting one gram of dry Sunflower Seeds from a height of 5 feet onto a flat portion of the green or a cropped part of the apron. The Seeds should fall in a pattern of not less than 3 feet in diameter or not more than 6 feet.

No.3. The cloth of the flag must be free from excessive dirt and should be of a good quality canvas.

No.4. A dry day is preferable to a moist day. A sling psychrometer reading of a relative humidity of 40-30 is excellent, 50-40 good, 60-50 fair, 70-60 dubious, 70 and above unsatisfactory.

No.5. The ball must be struck with a sharp downward rap. Little or no follow-through is needed, for the desired effect is a tight, pinched shot with maximum backspin imparted.

Assuming all these factors are in order. The ball is aimed and struck for an area on the Flag 2/3 and no more then 3/4 toward the pin from the trailing edge. As to the vertical axis, dead center is excellent but 3 inches up or below is satisfactory depending on moisture, speed of ball, and the amount of backspin. If all this works, what follows is a most beautiful result. The ball folds the waving flag in upon itself, a brief moment elapses and then the ball is discharged. Often it falls directly into the hole, always it falls no more than 3 or 4 inches from the hole.

Again let me caution you that this is a most hazardous shot, since the desired speed of flight is great and any miscalculation will plunge the ball deep into the woods or the circling gallery. However, once this shot is mastered and you turn this Magnificent Weapon to bear on an opponent you will rapidly dissolve any hopes he may have of defeating you.

I would be interested in hearing from you after you have experimented with this shot.

Good Day !
As Ever.
Trouble

buzzmobile

Veteran
trouble said:
Buzzmobile,
Do not be discouraged, a great golf shot can take many years to prefect...

I would be interested in hearing from you after you have experimented with this shot.

Let's see... if I start today by the time I hit 75 (not on scorecard) I'll have it down! :jump: Would you recommend a 60 degree wedge for the "Flag Shot"? I'm sure the conditions for the shot will come up this Wednesday out on the links with my partner. Boy will he be surprised! You're the best trouble in the whole world.

As ever,
buzzmobile:D

trouble

Veteran
buzzmobile said:
Let's see... if I start today by the time I hit 75 (not on scorecard) I'll have it down! :jump: Would you recommend a 60 degree wedge for the "Flag Shot"? I'm sure the conditions for the shot will come up this Wednesday out on the links with my partner. Boy will he be surprised! You're the best trouble in the whole world.

As ever,
buzzmobile:D

Dear Mr. Buzzmobile,

Let me apologize for this gross oversight. I was so pleased and enthusiastic with the prospesct of someone not at my own Country Club attempting my flag shot that I was carried away and simply forgot to mention it.

As to the proper club, the Niblick or Midiron will never do. They are probably the reason many have so much initial trouble. The club I recommend, and the only club that will meet all the requirements of this demanding shot, is the Baffy Spoon. It so happens I have a small supply available
at $99.each plus $10 S/H . I will also enclose a photograph of myself demonstating this great but rather unpopular shot.
As Ever,
Trouble

Last edited:

FallenBuddha

Chat Mod
Veteran
i shot 112 for my first time out this year, not too bad of a score for me. back surgery has seemed to have taken away my slice, or maybe that i am not swinging as hard as i used to. either way, it was a great day to be outdoors around here. now to head out to wrigley field to watch the cubs play barroids and the giants, can the day get any better?

peace -fb

buzzmobile

Veteran
trouble said:
The club I recommend, and the only club that will meet all the requirements of this demanding shot, is the BaffySpoon. It so happens I have a small supply available
at $99.each plus $10 S/H . I will also enclose a photograph of myself demonstating this great but rather unpopular shot.
As Ever,
Trouble

Cool! I'd like a BaffySpoon for my thirteenth club. Would it be too much trouble to ask for a DVD demonstrating the Flag Shot?

Still Never,
buzzmobile

trouble

Veteran
buzzmobile said:
Cool! I'd like a BaffySpoon for my thirteenth club. Would it be too much trouble to ask for a DVD demonstrating the Flag Shot?

Still Never,
buzzmobile

Dear Mr. BuzzMobile,

First of all, there is no DVD of any of my teachings over the years, just as there is no season in golf. Golf as I know and teach here at Royal Cannabis Country Club knows no season. If my students cant afford to come South in the winter to play, I recommend giving up the game.
As Ever,
Trouble

P.S. When I return to my office first thing in the morning I will have my secretary mail you a glossy page colored brochure of Royal Cannabis Country Club Sanctuary, along with a winter rate sheet & my winter class itenerary.

TrustNoOne

i got mine on e-bay for 12.99. it was a diy kit but it took me 45 min's to put it together.
i'll try and find a link.

edit: i didn't get a photo though.