What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golf...

Neuronaut

Just got back from playing 18 holes and boy do i ever SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Makes me so damn mad!!!!! But it was fun even though I lost virtually every ball I took. haha

G

i love beeping at golfers by roads and ruining their swing. i have seen some classic reactions

Neuronaut

Pack A Bowl said:
i love beeping at golfers by roads and ruining their swing. i have seen some classic reactions

Lol, thats fine with me... might mess me up and cause me to actually hit a good one!

The important thing is that you had fun!!

Usually when we go golfing it turns into "Caddy Shack" and by the 18th we are all drunk, sticky, confused and wondering why the cart doesn't float even with the big tires on it.

Neuronaut

I wish there was a disc golf place around here... i've never played but i'm sure i would be MUCH better at it and like it more.

Neuronaut

Its like it i hit a good shot on a hole it doesn't matter cause the next one is going to BLOW! Its so frustrating.

Dan42nepa

if you played have played for a while and have good fundamentals, a majority of it is in your head. Its all about confidence and trust in your shot. I read once you should empty your mind and invision your shot as it would be perfectly executed 3 times before you address the ball. Relax, think of nothing or focus on one thing like a smooth backswing or your balance and empty your mind and hit the ball.
I have had some amazing golf experiences like knowing i was going to hole a 50 yard wedge shot before i hit the ball and having it go in exactly as imagined. Also a 40 foot winding putt where i was in a zone and almost felt stoned as i stood over it, hit it and watched it go in.

Neuronaut

Definitely brand spanking new at the sport... which is whats hard for me. I hate being bad at something... but i plan to stick with it since I enjoy it... Its just so damn expensive.

M

Mr. Nevermind

marx2k said:
Damn, for a second I thought this thread was about disc golf :(

Golf is for old dudes, us smokers play disc golf. Much more relaxed and fun. Nothing worse than watching lawyers talk about themselves and lie about their scores in golf. best to stick with the heads and play some disc golf

nevermind

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
disc golf all teh way, although i suck at it, its a blast..... we got some pretty neat courses down around these parts, might have to throw up a thread :chin:

M

Mr. Nevermind

bartender187 said:
disc golf all teh way, although i suck at it, its a blast..... we got some pretty neat courses down around these parts, might have to throw up a thread :chin:

Yea we have a few disc golf courses around here as well, its a total blast to play. More relaxed and friendly then regualr golf. Plus its the most smoker friendly " sport" i have ever seen. I hop eit dont get big as a sport and become a league. If they drug tested a disc golf course , i think everyone would fail.

My friend in OR. is in the top 5 disc golfers in the country . He gets invites and trips to tourneys all the time. Dabney blue ( elite clone only blueberry ) got its name due to the disc golf course named Dabney, in Or. , shos how disc golf and pot go hand in hand

Nevermind

FallenBuddha

Chat Mod
Veteran
Neuronaut said:
Definitely brand spanking new at the sport... which is whats hard for me. I hate being bad at something... but i plan to stick with it since I enjoy it... Its just so damn expensive.

i am a novice at the game myself, and i have resigned myself to the fact i suck, which makes it feel so good when i hit that beautiful shot. luckily i golf in a league with a bunch of guys who i bowl with as well, a bunch of plumbers carpenters and other tradesmen, and its always a party in the trees. the main rule is kill a beer a hole, good thing we play late afternoons and only play 9 holes. stick with it it will get more enjoyable with time. unfortunately i wont be able to golf until mid august at the earliest so hit a couple for me.

peace -fb

Dan42nepa

I played in a golf league at work for years. Also with the same guys in my bowling league. It was so much fun. Lots of good stories and fun. It was also great drinking beer until dark when we finished. Nothing like a cold beer after golf in 90 degree weather.

Dan42nepa

It will come.. I'm self taught and have been playing for 30 years. Its all mechanics and what causes which problems. Your grip, swing plane, stance, weight shift etc. Its not hard once you figure out whats going on.

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
Neuronaut said:
I would just like to get good enough to NOT be embarrassed to play with strangers.
I was the same way, if your course has a driving range go there often as you can and practice your game, and if it has a practice green that will even help your short game which i think is the tuffest part of golf.

tokinsmokin

I love golf, its a great sport, to meet people and for business purposes. My buddy got a job by playing golf and he doesn't even play that much. Just a great way to relax and have a good time. I've been playing for close to a decade and will for the rest of my life. I burned my self out on it though, became too serious with it and forgot how to have fun. Ended up losing my interest while I was on a college team as a freshman. I may try to pursue golf professionally again soon.

spensaur

One of the best things you can do if you're a beginner is watch the ball the entire time during your swing... lifting your head up too early can cause you to shank it. I enjoy playing golf, nothing like relaxing with a cooler of beer and a couple of joints amongst friends... hitting a tiny ball into a tiny hole with a stick... :wave:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts