What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golf

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone else play golf? Ive just takin it back up , was never much good but hope to get lots better. Playing today in 45 degree weather, Should be fun but i long for some spring weather to enjoy while out there !!
Got a cpl new golf items , kids bought me a fresh bag and I bought myself a new driver. Anyone else playing ?

sdd420

Veteran
Anyone else play golf? Ive just takin it back up , was never much good but hope to get lots better. Playing today in 45 degree weather, Should be fun but i long for some spring weather to enjoy while out there !!
Got a cpl new golf items , kids bought me a fresh bag and I bought myself a new driver. Anyone else playing ?

Great exercise and I love my new driver too its so easy to hit with the huge head and graphite shaft. But no way I will play in 45 degree weather haha..

Seriously its a game for any age group I love it

oldhaole

Veteran
At least once a week. Mom and Dad gifted this to me many years ago and between this and fishing it keeps me going.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I got in 27 holes today , had a great time , didnt score well but hit that ball well .
Doubt it got over 50f but was still a great time !!
What kind of driver did you get sdd ? I got a Taylor Made M6

Mr.Miner

I love the sport! I've been playing for about 20 years, now. It's hard to find the time but I still am in love with this great tradition.

Being out there with a few jays is one of my favorite joys in life.

Rodehazrd

I love winter golf. We have covered carts and a butane heater in the cup holder. Nice for toking and keeping comfy. I'm a 3 wood man in cold weather it's easier to keep near the fairway.:tiphat:

Rodehazrd

At least once a week. Mom and Dad gifted this to me many years ago and between this and fishing it keeps me going.

My altime favorite is King Kamahamaha. They let poor folk in and treat you like a royal. Clubhouse by Frank Lloyd Wright. View from the tees OMG. You buy a one day membership available to all with $250 when I went. May be a drive from West Maui.:tiphat:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope to start the New Year with a round , long as the weather cooperates :)

sdd420

Veteran
Well I got in 27 holes today , had a great time , didnt score well but hit that ball well .
Doubt it got over 50f but was still a great time !!
What kind of driver did you get sdd ? I got a Taylor Made M6

Mine is a Taylor made from 2016 or 2017. I love graphite shafts. The new putters are easy to use also

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Been playing golf for50 years. I used to be (at my best) a 9 handicap. In 2017 had an incident with me in a golf cart (high at 7am) driving off the high side of a sand trap into it. Result: torn rotor cuff (surgery done), replaced right shoulder thats been a problem since I was 14, lower back problems and a couple broken teeth.

I havent played since 10/2017 but am finally getting to the point where I can swing a club (hit balls) without suffering back and leg pain a couple days later..

I'll be back soon though.. I hope.

Playing golf, for me, was/is as important as getting high to cope with PTSD.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Would love to play today but I dont think the weather will cooperate. I also have trouble finding a playing partner on weekdays. Would prolly brave more weather if I didnt have to play alone.

Mr.Miner

Would love to play today but I dont think the weather will cooperate. I also have trouble finding a playing partner on weekdays. Would prolly brave more weather if I didnt have to play alone.

I hear ya about playing alone. It's just not the same...Granted I have a great time and I'm grateful to be playing at all, when I am, but there's nothing like having a friend or 3 to play with. My circles are getting smaller, it seems.

Hope you get some good golf weather soon! It's going to be a bit for us here- but it will come! :)

sdd420

Veteran
My wife just passed away. I can play with you now anytime. 1/20 to1/31 then back to work until 5/31/20

sdd420

Veteran
I pulled my clubs out of the garage...the irons must be pre98 lol. Definitely looking forward to playing again some day soon.

Where do you play Babba?

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im about an hour from Redding ... looking at about a week of rain and snow right now , hoping i can get a round in with my son this weekend, might be in between rain and snow flurries . You a bit further west ?

sdd420

Veteran
Im about an hour from Redding ... looking at about a week of rain and snow right now , hoping i can get a round in with my son this weekend, might be in between rain and snow flurries . You a bit further west ?

I’m just outside of the Bay Area 3 hours from Redding not too far away