What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Brave of yo to put your life in Tom Brady's hands. I hope he doesn't read your post! :jump:
Yeah, myself,my dad and uncle wasn't getting CBS out here in the boonies but my buddy a few blocks got it.doesnt make sense to me.i came real close to not even being able to watch the game.

Well another season come and gone.if Brady wins again I'm gonna kill myself! Lol.no fucking doubt it it was a helluva game.wish I wasn't so drunk and high at the time.

Did you know Connie's and Home run inn make frozen pizza Baba? That's what I get usually.i found this other pizza called Bellatoris that's good.id kill for some Giordano's or Rossatis though.

Don't think I forgot about you pops! You lucky Cali guy! We are getting BEAT with snow

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
have you tried one of those roof top antenna hawk? it sound like you are just just out of range and maybe the height plus a better aerial would bring you some more channels
oh yeah, Fuck Brady

tots rock!
what is a jacks pizza baba? like a mama celest or those 99c store pizzas; i get a craving for those super cheap thin crust things sometimes
/hey, i smoke a lot of dope
one thing ive been getting into lately are sandwiches but ive been getting the ba mai style ones
i got a fat combo pizza from oggie this weekend but maybe i should see if they would do a deep dish
/or do you guys call it a stuffed pizza?

shithawk420

Veteran
I've got a big tower antannae.i don't get it.my uncle bought an antenna like your saying pops but he is having issues too.ah well.hopefully I'm gonna get internet soon.

I've gotten deep dish pizza in the frozen section but they aren't very good.the crust is hard and not flakey.its ok I guess.Giordanos is everywhere these days.maybe there's one by you pops.i recommend the spinach deep dish

Well it was fun guys.now I'm gonna be bored on the weekends.what the heck we gonna do now boys?

shithawk420

Veteran
Lol that's all I was doing the past couple weeks Jelly! Think it's time for a break!

Where you been anyway Jelly? I seen a few OGs I haven't seen in a while.good to see you

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I know, man. I think I'm a little burnt out too. Turns out smoking all the weed you want 24/7 isn't the dream scenario I thought it would be. Who knew?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Yeah Hawk, the CBS signal has a hard time penetrating objects, hills, buildings, trees etc. Ive been in some buildings in downtown Chicago that are in sight of the sears tower and hancock building where the broadcast antennas are and if youre on the other side of the building with no view of the antenna cbs wont come in, even though the broadcast antenna is literally only a mile or two away. So I can imagine if youre dozens of miles away from the broadcast point and there’s hills and trees and stuff in between you’ll hardly get a picture. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Haha Jelly, ur right, I don’t think anyone wants to bet against Brady at this point. Mofo might win 2 more rings before he retires. He’s like the Bill Russell of football players, winning so many championships no one else is even close. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Btw, what do you think the colts should do at QB? I hear Wentz might be traded soon, to either the colts or bears. Im not sure I want him on the bears, we’ll probably overpay in draft picks and not put him in a good position for success (ie O-line still isnt good and receiving talent not that great once A-Rob leaves in free agency). I could see him being good on the colts though, with that line protecting him, Taylor could be a top 5 RB next season and with TY, Pascal and pittman jr as receivers…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ive had the Home Run Inn frozen pies, Hawk, and honestly I think it’s my favorite frozen pizza, actually tastes almost as good as fresh made. Not sure if Ive tried the connie’s frozen but I do like their fresh pizzas, they used to have a $10 large 1 topping deal on Mondays. You can tell it’s high quality ingredients because when you reheat leftovers they actually still taste pretty good instead of being all dried out and chewy. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Deep dish is a pizza crust molded into a deep pan (with the dough up the sides) and filled with toppings, some places will put the tomato sauce on top so it looks like a stuffed pizza. A stuffed pizza is the same thing but has a dough layer over the toppings (so basically like an apple pie) and then sauce goes on top. I like both but sometimes, with a stuffed pizza, that top layer of dough doesn’t get fully cooked because it’s under a layer of sauce. But usually the cook knows this and they make that top layer pretty thin to help it cook all the way. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jack’s pizza is like one of the cheapest brands of frozen pizza you’ll see around here, basically like tombstone but cheaper. But it scratched the pizza itch even though it tastes like pepperoni cardboard the next day lol. [/FONT]

shithawk420

Veteran
My dad has this conspiracy theory that they are somehow blocking the signals so that we have to stream or get cable.i don't know about all that.

Honestly I like Jack's over tombstone.tombstone has thick crust Wich sucks in the oven.

Brady is obviously good but we gonna forget delfate gate and the other shady practice with the Patriots? But your probably right baba.he might get another ring.fuck I need to chill.raising my blood pressure! Lol

And yeah that home run inn is good for frozen pizza.big chunks of red onion and peppers

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Brady did it! I got really high and enjoyed the game.
I remember when a deep dish pizza was filled with toppings instead of dough. Uno was the place to go. Had a mean loaded baked potato deep dish that was like shepherd's pie. I think Uno is still around. This was the 80's though, might just be deep dough pizza now

shithawk420

Veteran
Oh yeah,Im pretty sure Uno is still around.if I remember right it was one of the places to go for deep dish like Lou malnattis.im still messed up but I think I'm right

shithawk420

Veteran
Now I remember.there was an ownership change or something so there's different restaurants.i think but they are still there

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
[FONT=&quot]Btw, what do you think the colts should do at QB? I hear Wentz might be traded soon, to either the colts or bears.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ive had the Home Run Inn frozen pies, Hawk, and honestly I think it’s my favorite frozen pizza, actually tastes almost as good as fresh made. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

There's no telling what the Colts will do about a QB, given that the owner is a (recovering?) opiate addict. (Nice guy, BTW)

Home Run Pizzas? I don't think I've ever tried them, because their packaging looks pretty cheap, tbh. Totino's Pizza was always my go-to frozen pizza. Crust that would get nice and crispy, and the Hamburger pizza had it's very own unique flavor. Loved it, but adding some extra cheese made it a lot better. I'm a thin crust guy though.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
man, there are nights when i totally crave those cheap $6 pizzas
usually after a few drinks and a lot of weed, late night munchie style
i totally remember pizzaria uno, they were kind of popular out here in the malls
thanks for clearing that up baba! ive never had a stuffed pizza then i guess
ive had great deep dish but now i would like to try a good stuffed pizza
over the air reception is a bitch hawk and it depends on a lot of things to get good reception
line of sight,(things blocking you and the signal source) and even atmospheric conditions play a part
if you have a tall antenna and a decent aerial you are doing what you can to receive the signal and your pops might be right that they just broadcast at the lowest strength required by law
/the law says certain stations have to provide an over the air signal
ive never had home run inn pizza but it sounds dank!
jim irsey is probally one of the owners we would have the most in common with and the most fun; at least when hes on a good one!
/second choice: andy ried (kc bbq son)
i would post up some instagram pic of him wearing a hat sideways or with blue hair and high as a kite, but who dosent take drugged up selfies?
colts are a piece or two away from being a regualr playoff team
/ whos d.watson going to go to?

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Irsay is really nice, but he's a real bonehead too. He owns one of Jerry Garcia's guitars, and a lot of other priceless rock memorabilia, and he likes to jam and get fucked up, but his idea of getting fucked up is not mine. Six bucks? I could get FIVE Totino's pizzas for $6!

I been enjoying Screamin' Sicilian Pizza Co.'s frozen pizzas. Two for $6, I think.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]I think with Pizzaria Uno, the original one in downtown Chicago, the owner wanted to expand but couldn’t in the original building so he bought one across the street and named it Pizzeria Due. At least that’s what it says on their site, but maybe ownership issues were involved too later on, sometimes the kids who inherit the business break up. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It’s been a while since I had Totino’s but for how cheap it is it’s not bad at all, youre right Jelly a little extra toppings (cheese, maybe pepperoni if you have it) helps a lot, and the crust is one of the best parts, sort of airy and flaky. I once cooked it on a grill and that was bomb as well, makes the crust super crispy and gives it a nice little smoke flavor. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ive never had Screamin Sicilian though ive seen it a lot on sale in stores, if you say it’s good I might have to try it. Also Hawk youre making me want to buy Home run inn frozen pizzas as well, it’s been a while since ive had one of those also, I like the sausage and that buttery crust is heaven. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jim Irsay looks to me like more of a drinker than anything else, he’s always got that bright red cherry nose, like Rudolph the reindeer, lol. But yeah, he was caught with pills that one time and arrested for DUI, maybe he’s in a better place now but they’ve got to do something about QB, rivers retired and brisset is a free agent and not that good. Wentz makes a lot of sense since Reich was his Off Coor when he had his best seasons with the eagles, but the eagles supposedly want two 1st rd picks for him like what Detroit got for Stafford. That’s a high price for an expensive QB coming off a bad season. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Im pretty sure Arizona has giordano’s, Pop, which I know isnt that close to you but if you make it out there once a year or so you could stop by a giordano’s for pizza and then culver’s for burgers, make a deal of it. Also like hawk said a lot of these places will ship pizzas as well, and im pretty sure giordano’s has a frozen line of stuffed pizzas as well. But if you’ve had good deep dish I don’t think it’s too much different than a stuffed pizza, maybe the stuffed is a little thicker and more toppings, that’s all. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I used to live about 40 miles from the city and even with a big new roof antenna could barely get CBS, I actually got one of those antenna rotators so you could move your roof antenna around remotely to try to get the best signal. I think that actually worked with the bad signals like cbs and some of the smaller stations, it was like moving your indoor antenna around to catch the best signal but much better, but that was years and years ago. Now all signals are digital so I guess they either come in or not, with analog maybe you’d get a snowy picture but digital I think it’s all or nothing. [/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
there is a lot of smoke about wentz, but i dont see any fire with teams burning to get him
the bears would not be better off with wentz and indy would be taking a step back if they signed him for the asking price (2 #1 and whatever else they thing hes worth)
/d.watson is the guy the colts should be looking to land
i dont remember the totinos pizza but man could i smash on a few of their pizza rolls!
i used to buy those things by the bag full
/salty, fatty and great for snaking
irsay seems like a cool enough dude, especially when you look at the rest of the owners around the league and i dont mind a nice drink or two now and then
arizona has all kinds of stuff we dont have here in cali, baba
i also go to cracker barrel when im out there and get some chicken fried steak
i need to plana road trip where i just eat a bunch of garbage and smoke joints the whole time
grab your shit guys, were taking a vacation

G.O. Joe

Veteran
How can anyone not know late-80's era Totino's ''party pizza''. This is what I was putting BBQ sauce on back then. The only < $4 pizza I'd buy these days if I wanted to get fatter and die sooner is Tony's. Pepperoni of course. It's nonstandard meat and kind of tasty that way.

Did GoJoe ever say who he’s got for the superbowl, chiefs or bucs, over or under? Last football game of the season, like Pop said, hope GJ’s last bet is a good one…

Thanks I did call it correctly. Where I suggested Tom might like to fist Bill while wearing his latest ring and why not all of them. But you asked earlier about BB, and NFL totals led to a lot of CBB totals tickets. A Nebraska under would make it a profit for today. Oh, and a year ago we talked about the top performers at VI. The top NFL guy had a ridiculous run on his highest rated picks, like over 80%. Something I've noticed with totals is, a system that hits 80% in 20, 50 games suddenly hits a wall one week, then turns the other way, roulette style. He ended up at 60%. But someone buying his picks could have hit 80% if they bet against him after he hit the wall in the last week of December.

You're all so nice and I have nothing but trash to say. At least the NFL showed they don't play favorites with officiating this year, from start to finish. I didn't actually see the game, now it's clear it's not on cable, but I thought it was because I flipped through the free channels for a half hour before the game and saw nothing that looked like a half hour before the game. So I turned on the radio and went up and down the dial (yes a dial) and found nothing there either. It's like what the hell and I think this is the station, but there's some black woman ranting on and on about something and I'm searching around and there's nothing that sounds anything like football. Is my radio broken? There's just this woman's sermon so I give up until like 15 minutes into the game.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]People were saying that if Stafford went for two 1st’s and a 3rd rounder, that deshaun Watson should go for at least 3 1st’s (inc at least one top 10 pick) and maybe a couple 2nd’s. But the Texans don’t seem that interested in trading him, and even though he’s disgruntled I doubt he’d give up 40M/yr to hold out or not play till he’s traded. But we’ll see what happens. Just a year or two ago most teams in the league seemed pretty set at QB, now we’ve got a lot of teams needing new QBs: saints, bears, WFT, jaguars, Texans (maybe), Lions (goff is just a bridge QB), Pittsburgh, 49ers, Denver (maybe), Colts, Panthers (maybe, bridgewater has 1 more yr left on his contract but underwhelmed last year), Jets, Patriots. So still a lot to be decided in free agency (starts in march?) and the draft (April?). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Man, I haven’t had totino’s pizza rolls in years, but ur right Pop, theyre like these little nuggets of dough and cheese and sauce and pepperoni, cheap as hell but tasty especially if you baked them instead of microwaving. I imagine they’d be good deep fried too, like little pizza pockets. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Haha, we’ve got a few cracker barrels out here Pop, haven’t been to one in over a decade I think, but I do remember the food being solid country/southern food. Yeah, im thinking next trip to Arizona you might pack on a few lbs, having to hit up cracker barrel, giordanos, culver’s, etc. That’s like a 5-6K calorie day right there lol, but hey, gotta enjoy yourself when on vacay right? Plus they’ve got some beautiful hiking and canyons/rock formations out there so you can burn off some of those calories. And I think cannabis is legal out in Zona too now, so no worries about bringing some of your homegrown out there? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Good to hear you picked the superbowl correctly, GJ. I know most everyone were picking the chiefs, and for them to lose by 22pts was pretty shocking. I’d disagree a bit about the officiating in the superbowl however, I think the chiefs got jobbed on a couple calls in the 1st half, one that cost them an int off brady and another that let the bucs score a td instead of a FG. They still probably would have lost anyway with the way that line was blocking (or not blocking) for mahomes but it would have been closer for sure. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Man, you guys are bringing up all these long time pizza brands, ive seen tony’s pizza plenty of times but don’t think ive ever actually tried it. Might have to give it a shot now. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, this is the part I hate about sports gambling, a vegas insider expert is 80% right on his picks and then goes completely the other way the last month of the season. Geez louise how can you anticipate that? You can’t really, just gotta take it on the chin and try to recoup your losses. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Seems weird you weren’t able to find the game on the radio or tv, GJ. I know for CBS they were starting superbowl pregame shows like 5 hrs before kickoff. Were you able to watch or listen to the game at all then?[/FONT]