What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I haven't seen Goff play much except in the bears game this past season, where he didnt put up big numbers but did enough in the passing game to sustain drives and keep the ball away from the offense (not that the bears offense was much of a threat).

As much as Goff regressed the past 2 years at least he's not Wentz levels of bad, where he's been replaced by his backup, although i guess if Wolford was healthy vs the packers maybe he would have got the start.

U make a good point though, most experts agree Detroit did well in this trade, got plenty of draft capital (the 1st rounders dont come till next season though) and got a bridge QB (Goff) who can manage things for the next year or two before their QB of the future steps in and takes over. One thing they did have was cap space so even if they have to pay Goof 33M/yr for the next couple of years they should be ok, and who know, maybe he'll actually be decent with them.

It's one of those 'beautiful mysteries' of the offseason, Pop, see how stafford pilots that Rams offense this season. If everyone gets a vaccine maybe they can actually have a decent offseason program and he gets to work with his receivers before training camp. All i know is that stafford has been to the playoffs 3 times with a lot of bad lions teams and if he's healthy and the rams are a top 3 defense again they could be a final four team (conf championship) easily. But we'll see, even in his own division he'll have a lot of competition, with the hawks, cards and if the niners get a new QB...

G.O. Joe

Veteran
i hope goJ might have a take on this
hes mentioned det before

Detroit is detroiting even in the offseason. Right up there with GB kicking the field goal. You couldn't have paid those draft picks anyways. Detroit is ahead in the season key metrics except for 3rd down conv, one spot below LAR in O and yeah a bit farther defensively. That's going to flip. Looks like LAR has a history of big contracts, and some people might leave.

Musical chairs for QB's when I'm not sure they have enough receivers anywhere either. Fitz still wants to play. Fitz for Foles?

On paper it says under, but Tom really wants to shove a ring up Bill's ass. I doubted him and was wrong. Those who said the Patsies would go to shit without Tom were correct. He's still not better than Montana was for KC before he got hurt. Hope you're all staying well.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
i think it was goofs big contract/ cap hit that was some of the motivation behind this trade
i hope stafford has a bit more poise in the pocket and would also like to see the team keep developing wolford
the rams have been pretty much going all in for the past couple seasons and its going to be time to pay the piper soon
luckily all those years as a chargers fan has prepared me for what might come

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]I thought it was strange that Detroit hired Dan campbell as HC, his stint as interim coach with the dolphins years ago didn’t inspire a lot of confidence imo but I guess the plan is for him to be more of a motivator/CEO type and hire great assistant coaches. Anthony lynn, freshly fired from the chargers, is his Off coordinator, and aaron glenn is his Def coordinator. Kenny golladay is still pretty good and marvin jones jr was great the last month and a half after golladay got hurt. But youre right GJ, theyre going to need a talent infusion if they want to be ur right GH, theyre going to need a talent infusion to get back to the playoffs and the rams picks will help them get there. Plus they have to hit on their own draft picks as well, especially at QB since Goff is just a very expensive interim solution. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I wouldn’t mind Fitzmagic on the Bears, GJ, he plays with confidence, almost fearlessness. Who cares if 3-4 times a year he’ll throw 3+ interceptions, I cant watch trubisky or foles flail around against good defenses anymore, I’d rather see Fitztragic YOLO some deep passes into triple coverage than that. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I think it’s unprecedented that an NFL team has traded away its 1st rd pick for 8 straight years, Pop. It reminds me of the Ted Stepien rule in the NBA, he used to own the Cleveland cavaliers in the 80’s and traded away their 1st rd pick for 5 straight years before the NBA made a rule saying a team couldn’t trade away it’s 1st rd pick in consecutive years (unless it acquired a different 1st rd pick in one of those years in a different trade). But fwiw, 1st rd picks are much more valuable in the NBA than the NFL, you can still get really good players outside the 1st rd but that’s harder to do in the NBA. [/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
happening guys! hope you are all having a great week and ready for the big game
so lets hear what are your plans for super bowl sunday
i will most likely be sitting alone in front of a tv enjoying the action, slightly drunk and modestly high
might get some take out pizza but im going to keep it simple, the main course this sunday is football

while there is a lot of value to be found in later rounds, i think the head thins out really fast
we all love to hear about the late rounders who turn into gold, but i think after the third or fourth round you start to see exponentially diminished returns
/unless you are drafting kicker/ punter
they still have their second round pick this year, so lets hope they can get this one right like they did with akers

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
"Slightly" drunk and "modestly" high? Lol, right. Im gonna be so effed up i'll be watching the game in double vision, two brady's, two mahomes, etc.

I plan on getting a stuffed pizza for the game, got some coupons for some local places so that'll be good.

Ur absolutely right, guys like aaron donald youre not going to find outside the 1st round, but the bears found eddie jackson, their safety, in the 5th rd, akiem hicks was a 3rd rounder (by the saints), darnell mooney, a promising WR, was a 5th rounder. I guess giving up 1st round picks hurts more if theyre top 10 picks, which i dont think any of the rams picks were that high, more like in the 20's. And I guess if youre giving up low 1st round picks for proven talent like jalen ramsey or matt stafford, that's the price you pay, giving up a shot at cheap and possible star talent for expensive but proven star talent.

So far this YOLO tactic seems to be kind of working, they've had a winning record and made the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years. I guess if the standard is win a Superbowl or bust then they've fallen short, but it's hard to win superbowls, most teams in the league have never won one or last won one decades ago.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
stuffed crust pizza sounds great baba! ive only tried the generic places but they were decent
i like to eat my reg pizza crusts with mustard
ive been getting pizzas from this place called oggies here in san diego
they have great topping and a decent crust, a little thick and kind of on the sweet side but it is still a great pie
usually get a med/ large combo style but i might ge a couple smaller ones this weekend to have some variety
last night, me and the mrs were working on that project i was telling you about and it seems to be moving along nicely
/thanks for all the helpful advice my friend
i like your idea of getting hammered for the big game! its the last football we will ahve for half a year and lets make it a party
i think there is some good value found in the 2nd/ 3rd round and even later picks can pan out
/there was this guy names tom brady that did pretty well for himself
but the best tallent goes in the first four rounds usually and after that its up to your scouts to find the best value
/small schools that arent hevily covered and guys who dont put up the best numbers in the combine
we hit it big last season with c.akers in the 2nd and i hope they can score another great find in this years draft
a freind was saying how the rams need to start trading away players, but i dont like that idea
we have a great receivers group, but will need every one of them if we want to compete
while we have been able to get into the playoffs the last few years, i dont see the rams being a serious contender at this point
hopefully stafford will flip this equation and maybe next season we will have a chance to shine in the post season

cant wait for the big game! hope all you guys are ready for some football

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Sorry, I meant a stuffed (or deep dish) pizza, not a stuffed crust. Although I do like stuffed crust as well, nothing wrong with cheese inside a pizza crust. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mustard? You mad lad. Most people use ranch or marinara. I like mustard in general though, but usually on dogs, burgers, sandwiches etc.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I do like a good Domino's pizza, DB, and ive heard they changed their wing recipe so theyre better now, i think ive had them also and they were pretty good for wings that are baked not fried (dominos doesnt have a deep fryer). My only issue with dominos is that like most cheaper pizza it doesnt taste nearly as good reheated the next day, but for what it is it's great.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Brady being a 6th rd pick is all time great value but obviously that sort of production is once in a generation. Then again some undrafted QBs have turned out pretty good, Romo was undrafted, jake Delhomme was undrafted, the rams’ Wolford is undrafted. Just all about finding that value in later rounds or the undrafted guys and developing them. But u make a good point, the patriots rarely trade draft picks for talent, preferring instead to trade down and accumulate more picks. The draft is a crapshoot usually, even for high 1st rounders they might have all the desired physical traits but you don’t know if that will translate to them being consistently good in real games (like darnold), injuries are a thing, etc. I think it’s better to have more darts to throw at the dartboard, you have more chances of scoring a bullseye. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I saw cam in his playoff games and ur right, dude is smooth and fast when he needs to be and finds holes and running lanes that are barely visible on TV. I think one thing he could work on is pass-catching, I don’t recall him being used much in the passing game, but like u said maybe the rams were leaving that up to their receivers. Of course, he’d have to take a quantum leap in development to be what gurley was in 2017-2018, and I don’t think he’ll get there but that’s no shade on him, that version of gurley was the best offensive player in the league. But now I understand why akers was so highly regarded, he was on a pretty bad florida state team his last year in college and still put up numbers; it took him a while to show what he could do in the nfl with injuries slowing him down the first half of the season. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So who ya’ll got for the big game tomorrow? KC is still favored by 3 even though tampa is playing at home, and the Over/under is 56. I’ll take KC and the over…[/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
tomorrows game is going to be all time and i like the over as well
this one is so close but im going to go with mahommes and andy reid
the bucs have a red hot defense right now and they could turn the game, but i think mahommes is one of the best qbs in the game and the chiefs have a few ways to burn you on offense
having said mahommie is the best qb in the game, tom brady is one of the beat of all time and he is going to put up points
akers was a great find and i agree with your take and how he isnt going to touch t.gurley numbers any time soon
but he plays his game and i like how he runs; akers could be a top-10 back next season
i never really liked dipping bread in ranch, but a good mustard is where its at my man! almost like baked pretzels and mustard its grinding!
/man i might have to get one of those boxes of oven baked pretzels one of these days, the big doughy kind with lots of salt andmustard on them!
deep dish is where its at in chicago
i need to get out there one day and try some real chicago style pizza
/i told you the story about how the mrs used to go to chi'town con frequnecia and once i had her bring me a lou malnatti pizza back on the plane; even a day old it was one of the best pizzas i ever had

happening doob! hot wings kick ass man and i can smash on a few those things
are you having anything else with them like celery or carrot sticks?
so are you goign to be cheering brady on even thoe he left new england for the warm fla climate
/seems to be what a lot of new englanders do, leave mass and move to florida
i hope you enjoy the game brother and clean some bones for me!

lets hear from the rest of the squad! who do you guys like and what are you going to be enjoying for the big game!
this is our last dance of the year and i hope everyone has a great sunday

shithawk420

Veteran
Hold the phone a sec.are you saying your gonna get a REAL deep dish from Chicago baba? Fuck I'm jealous.gonna eat a croissant digiorno.fucking poverty time over here.local gas station closes at 2pm.gonna need to grab beer before it closes.fuck I want real buffalo wings.and I said it first.Chiefs are gonna win.

Im watching the news and this guy just made the largest bet in history.3 mil on the Bucs.im saying it now the chiefs are gonna win.im not crazy about Mahomes but you guys know I'm not a Brady fan.he don't need anymore damn rings.fuck I'm pumped!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]So many people picking the chiefs makes me think I should have picked the bucs, lol, im usually wrong about my picks so maybe I should do the opposite. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pretzels and mustard are good, I like pretzels and nacho cheese better. But I hear that nacho cheese sauce is basically oil, not dairy, and some fast food places, if it gets moldy, they just scrape off the mold and reheat it and still use it. Gross but what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, amirite?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If akers is the bellcow back for the rams next season he’s easily a top 10 fantasy back, but if he has to share touches with Henderson and brown it wont be so easy. But who knows, with Stafford at QB maybe mcvay goes nuts and passes 70% of the time. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Speaking of wings the woman got a bag of frozen chicken wings from Costco that were much better than the sams club version, much less fattier when air fried, although the sams club wings were very good when oven baked for a long time and the fat had a chance to melt down some. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Haha Hawk, im in the burbs not in the city so much but it’s easy to find deep dish or stuffed pizzas in the greater Chicagoland area, pretty much every mom and pop pizza place has to offer it around here. They are harder to reheat evenly however and 90% of the time I eat pizza it’s regular crust. That digiorno croissant crust looks fire, ive been thinking of trying it one day so let us know how that goes. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I heard of that superbowl bet, I think the guy who made it did it to hedge his store promotion, he owns some sort of furniture or mattress store and I think he has a promotion where if the bucs win people who bought mattresses in the last month or so get their money back, so that’s why he put a big bet on the bucs, so if he has to give people a bunch of money back at least he’ll get money from his bet to help cover that cost. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Did GoJoe ever say who he’s got for the superbowl, chiefs or bucs, over or under? Last football game of the season, like Pop said, hope GJ’s last bet is a good one…[/FONT]

shithawk420

Veteran
When I lived in Downers Grove we had Giordano's and Rossatis.great pizza to me.ive had frozen Lou Malnattis but it sucked.the crust gets too hard when you heat in a oven.the crousant crust is legit.dip the crust in pizza sauce.

Anyway I hope today's the day Brady retires.fingers crossed!

shithawk420

Veteran
Bloody freaking hell,I'm eating my words.glad I didn't have money on it.cant believe I was wrong.now what are we supposed to do till next season? Now he has 7 rings! I feel stupid now.it was fun I guess

St. Phatty

Tried -5- different browsers to watch the supposed Live Super Bowl.

Looks like CBS doesn't want people to watch online.

Pretty amazing. the Surfing World had very functional live sports webcasts for the 2006 season. Ad supported webcasts.

Anyway, does anybody know where I can find a replay of the entire 2021 Super Bowl ?

Did a search for Videos, Videos on Youtube, etc.

rolandomota

I picked all the losers lol I know too late but CBS is a hard one to program on your tv just do that scan the channels with an antenna because theirs always games on CBS I don't have cable I would rather buy weed lots of free tv on YouTube i have Netflix someone else pays it yea I'm cheap

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
what a game! tom brady is the man
the tampa defense was playing on a whole'nother level and you could see andy ried had his hands tied
mahommes had some toe owwie but it was the speed the of the bucs defense that really sealed the game
this was a great game even thoe the chiefs were shut down and you have to give it to brady and his bucs
also big ups to the whole league and im glad we got a full season out of this whole covid scarred year
we will see what football looks like next season, but this was a great year and i hope to see a lot of you guys back for kick off next season!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Giordano’s is always decent, I consider it the standard for stuffed pizza, like it may not be the best but any mom and pop shop I go to should have stuffed pizza at least as good as giordano’s if they want my repeat business (that or it should be appropriately cheaper if it’s not as good). And Rosati’s is a great all around Italian restaurant for pizza, pasta, sandwiches, salads, etc. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Turns out I was too cold and cheap to go out for ‘za yesterday, so made some frozen pizza (Jack’s, lol, so cheap I know) and tater tots in the oven last night, also some wings, so all around had a pretty decent meal for frozen food. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I didn’t enjoy the game so much, im with you Hawk, didn’t want to see Brady strutting around with 7 rings. But Pop is right, that Tampa D played lights out, although KC’s O-line was only starting 1 of their regular starters, both of their regular tackles were injured and one of their guards opted out of the season. Mahomes is amazing but even he cant do much when he’s got literally one second before he has to start running for his life. Plus he had a turf toe injury that supposedly needs surgery during the offseason, im sure all the scrambling he was forced to do didn’t feel too good. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you can google how to use bittorrent, St Phatty, you can find a video of the game online. Ive used it before to download UFC PPV’s the next day, although I also try not to see the results before watching it (avoid espn and sports news, etc). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hey Rolando good to see you back. I think CBS has a lower powered broadcast spectrum compared to NBC, Fox, etc, it’s hard to get CBS around here also compared to the other major channels. Even in the city where the antennas are downtown it can be hard to get. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah, myself,my dad and uncle wasn't getting CBS out here in the boonies but my buddy a few blocks got it.doesnt make sense to me.i came real close to not even being able to watch the game.

Well another season come and gone.if Brady wins again I'm gonna kill myself! Lol.no fucking doubt it it was a helluva game.wish I wasn't so drunk and high at the time.

Did you know Connie's and Home run inn make frozen pizza Baba? That's what I get usually.i found this other pizza called Bellatoris that's good.id kill for some Giordano's or Rossatis though.

Don't think I forgot about you pops! You lucky Cali guy! We are getting BEAT with snow

Latest posts

Latest posts