What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
oh man, slice me off a big corner piece of that new england!
what do you like to put in your lasagna?
at this point i could see any of the four teams taking it home and would love to see a bills v topma bay super bowl
i think mahomes was also givena base ball contract at some point too, not like kyler, but i tihnk he had a chance to play pro baseball out of high school

i hope staley does well as a head coach for the chargers
he will inherit a good defense and a young stud qb (plus some top receivers), plus he has a decent draft pick in his pocket
/#f-spanos
we have seen j.goffs trajectory kind of flatten out and in some ways dip this past season
he had a mediocre year overall and was not able to step it up in the playoffs
the fact that a backup was able to come in and take the wheel in the playoffs shows the offense is well built
it just needs someone to drive the car like a champ
its time goof earns his time and proves he can play with the big boys
/so is goof a chump or a champ?
i am a big fan of c.akers and thing he could be top-5 next season at rb
/run cmc comes back next year
i have some pork ribs i want to cook but its been raining here so i might not get to make them for the weekend
i am definitely making a meatloaf with some good mashed potatoes tonight
cant wait for the games to start and hope all you guys are in playoff form! this is it

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Didn't watch much football this year. Street were deserted in Pueblo, CO when the Broncos played. Quite odd, but they bleed Orange in CO! ;o)

Watched Mahomes a few times since I went to a few Texas Tech games 4-5 years ago. He's definitely got the genes of sports, his dad a pro catcher for several teams.

Hope your (everyone posting here) team wins. Good luck!

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I start my Lasagna early mornings,as it's key to have a nice Sunday 'Gravy'....Start that by a bunch of garlic cloves in the olive oil....then when the neighbors open their windows n inhale, I add the San Marzano tomatoes with a piece of beef and a couple a pieces of pork,and some Providence RI Graziano hot italian sausage.
Let it simmer for 5 or 6 hours.

The Lasagna is primarily meatball(cooked in the gravy).
I break up all the meatballs for my layers in the lasagne,the gravy saturates right in and gives it a nice flavor,and keeps it moist.For my cheeses,mainly mozzarella,with some freshly shredded parmesan,and just a little Romano sprinkled in but not too much,it can overwhelm the the other flavors.
Sometimes I layer in some thinly sliced pepperoni,but it has to be the good pepperoni...you know the kind that curls up on top of the pizza and holds the oil like a lil bowl of goodness.Or layer in some prosciutto but again has to be only a hair thick.
Never been a fan of vegetables in Lasagna,after a day of making it,I want a decreased blood flow through these arteries.
It's gonna be a hell of a Sunday!

shithawk420

Veteran
No guys! Its not that's I like the Packers,its just that I hate Tom Brady that much!the Falcons are my second team baba. I did see a buddy yesterday that's a Packers fan.normally I bust his balls but my heart wasn't in it.he hates it when I call them the fudge Packers lol.i didn't wanna jinx the Packers tommorow.i don't think they'll beat the AFC either so I'm not too worried.

Jesus Christ that sounds good NE! Never heard of lasagna made that way.did you just come up with it that way?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Jesus Christ that sounds good NE! Never heard of lasagna made that way.did you just come up with it that way?

i know, right! man that sounds good

thanks for the run down and it sounds like an amazing recipe, NE
that slow cooked gravy sounds out of this world and i bet it goes good with almost anything man
ive heard of the san marzano tomatoes and i will have to check for them next time i go to the store
thanks again for sharing your recipe, brother!
you bet its going to be a hell of a sunday and you are going to be eating like a king!
/do you also have some bread with your meal?
i cant wait for the action to start!

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah pops! At least by me San marzano are non existent by me.i might have seen them once at it was like $15 a can or something!? I've been wanting tio try them for years! I'm pretty sure they are seasonal.thats why they are so much but damn that's expensive!

I can't wait either but everyone by me is bogus so I'll probably have to migrate to watch the later game.i don't get cbs with my shitty antenna. Fuck I'm sick of this shit! Lol

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
ouch, $15 a can is expensive; hopefully, at least its the big can
sounds like new england has the hook up on some good ingredients
/that ri graziano hot sausage sounds good too

that sucks about the antenna not getting the channels you want, have you tried moving it around or using a piece of wire to try and hang it in a different location
sometimes you can move them around and get a better signal
either way enjoy the games man!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]I think NE must have some Italian blood in him cause that sounds like a straight up old school lasagna recipe that would make any Italian mother or grandmother proud. Calling red sauce ‘gravy’, using real san Marzano crushed tomatoes, mix of cheeses, that’s a dish that you’d pay 10-15 dollars for a slice in a restaurant and then rave about it to all your friends. Now he just needs to post a pic of this masterful creation while us losers sit at home eating stouffer’s frozen lasagna, lol. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ive seen the san Marzano tomatoes, sometimes sams club and costco has it, it’s usually not that much more expensive than the other brands they have, like $7 for a big can (46 or 64 oz?). Theyre from Italy so generally regarded as premium tomatoes but some American brands are pretty good as well, you might have a hard time telling the difference in the final product. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Btw NE, what do you think the Pats should do at QB next year? Bring back Cam, draft a guy, pursue a free agent? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I think mahomes was drafted out of high school by the MLB but went to college instead to play football, I don’t think he was a high draft pick like kyler murray was (#9 overall, signed a 5M pro contract). He wanted to give this football thing a try first which I would say worked out very well for him. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Over the last 2 years mcvay has slowly moved the offense away from relying on goff so much, more towards a run first offense like the niners. Goff plays well if play action is working, he gets a clean pocket to throw out of and can pick up crucial 3rd and longs that are hard to convert with a run. But yeah Pop, his lack of athleticism hurts him when he gets pressured and has to improvise. I suppose if mcvay can get the same sort of production out of cheap, undrafted QBs then you don’t need to spend a high draft pick and 30+M/yr on a franchise QB. We’ll see how it all shakes out over the offseason/training camp. [/FONT]

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Kelce and Hill are unstoppable .... Cheetah is the best ankle breaker in the game and Kelce is Thor with football pads on...

Mike Evans still looks hurt... I swear he looks slow and Godwin looks noticeably quicker ...

If Watkins is healthy I think Chiefs win big ... if not...they still win...just much closer game

BTW Green Bay should have used that 250 lbs RB AJ Dillon alot more... he was plowing over guys when he touched the rock

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Hey, we have a rolando sighting! So he's found, if he ever was truly missing in the first place.

As a raiders fan arent you legally prohibited from ever picking the chiefs in a game, lol? Then again, just because you hate a team doesnt mean you have to be stupid about your picks.

RM, you going to give us a breakdown of the raiders season? I know they changed Def Coordinators, so maybe that will help win more games next season. Also Derek Carr may be up for an extension soon, what's his deal?

Hey Storm, what do you think about the brendan staley hire? Pop seems to think it's a solid hire, and it's true he is one of mcvay's young 'genius' coaches. He's just risen so far so fast, there's more to a head coach than just x's and o's... Also Off Coordinators like bienemy or brian daboll were expected to be the target for the chargers so a defensive guy like staley was unexpected.
You really think watkins is the x-factor here? He was huge in the playoffs last year, but my only feelings about him come from fantasy football where he's the ultimate tease: he'll start off the season with a huge game, you think this is the year he'll be a top 10 receiver with mahomes throwing bombs to him, and then he disappears for the next 3 months lol. But we'll see, you might be right.

I wont disagree with you that aj dillon brings that power to green bay's run game that aaron jones and jamaal williams dont have, but then again jones is a top 5 RB usually (though he had that crucial fumble against the bucs) and williams doesnt suck either, so it's hard to forget those guys and turn to a rookie in a big playoff game. Lots of coulda woulda shoulda for the packers in that game, but mostly they need to cut their cornerback kevin king, that guy was terrible. He was mostly injured his first couple years in the league, now that he's healthy we now realize he's just tuuurible...

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Bro honestly I think Staley is an interesting hire... I guess there going with the youth movement at coaching ... those players are all so young... I could see it working... they'll all be able to relate to each more.... I think Derwin needs to stay healthy and be the focal part of the defense... He's a real life Tasmanian Devil on Defense....

I just want to see the Chargers put more emphasis on developing Herbert .... a bunch of players didnt like Lynn's Heavy Run first approach... Chargers struck gold on Herbs... Get Keenan a real #2WR and not 50/50 Mike Williams... dude shows up big and then totally fades away...either way Chargers are gonna be insane bearing injuries next year!

I was viewing GB's run game str8 thru fantasy football also.... Jones is legit when they involve him heavy in the pass game... Williams is a banger also.... he can get it done running/catching ... But AJ Dillon reminds me of Derrick Henry... I love power backs ... in fantasy ... if they dont resign Aaron Jones... Dillon is going to be INSANE

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
the chargers defense could take a giant step forward this next year
like storm said, if they can avoid injury they have some of the best defensive players in the league and a new hc who knows how to elevate a group
they have a good spot in the draft and could snag a good pick at wr or a top o'lineman to help herbert

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, you guys make good points, with Bosa and Derwin they have two of the best defensive players in the league. Not sure if Melvin ingram will be back, he was franchise tagged this past season so maybe he’ll be moving on. Hopefully Derwin is healthy for all next season, you have to stop giving him the busy-ness on the court, Storm, it’s really wearing him down and leaving him susceptible to injuries in his day job, lol. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mike Williams had a 750yd, 5td season, so definitely not that great, ur right most of his production came in 4-5 games. The team did pick up his 5th year option so he’ll have one more season to prove he’s an elite talent. The nice thing about Herbert is that he was productive spreading the ball around to their #3 and #4 receivers. Tyron johnson caught some deep bombs this year, if you can get open and have decent hands Herbert will find you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The going rate for top RBs is around 15M/yr so I think ur right, the packers probably wont want to give aaron jones a big contract. With AJ and Jamaal they’ll have enough RB talent to keep the run game working so Godgers can work his magic. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]They have the #13 pick in the first round, not top ten but Pop is right, it’s high enough for a very good player still, especially if one falls to them. Maybe Devonta smith will fall that far, if teams are concerned about his durability. Or if one of the top QBs falls to #13, chargers could trade down and get an extra first next year. [/FONT]

shithawk420

Veteran
My dad said Stafford might come to the bears.well I guess he might go a few places. honestly I don't want him but I guess it's better than Trubisky. It's just talks is all.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
My dad said Stafford might come to the bears.well I guess he might go a few places. honestly I don't want him but I guess it's better than Trubisky. It's just talks is all.

i just read on pft that the rams are also looking at trading goof for stafford; looks like det is really cranking up that rumor mill
m.stafford is getting up there in years and i see him as a pocket passer mostly
i might be wrong but i dont see him being an upgrade for either the rams or the bears
bears still have a chance to pick up a new qb in the draft and im interested in seeing what the free agent market looks like this off season

happening baba! hope your weekend is off to a great start?
i think the charger have a good draft pick and have may have some options depending on whos on the board
they could trade down like you said and get more draft capital or if there is a bargain pick available they could snag him
we will see if one of the top receivers in the draft slip to #13; they could also draft a solid prospect for the o'line
got any plans for the off weekend?
im going over to the ex to watch a movie tonight, she is coming to pick me up later and we are getting some take out to enjoy
the movie is called white tiger, its a book about this dirt poor guy from india who makes his fortune but there are some crazy twists in the story
we both liked the book and cant wait to see the film
plus i have some mooshyrum to enjoy during the flick and the mrs stillhas that wax her friend gave her!
and you know im gone drank'

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Stafford or Deshaun Watson would have been a nice upgrade at QB for Chicago, especially Watson, but the draft picks you’d have to give up for them makes me worry too, Hawk. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And now it turns out the lions were only talking to Chicago to try to drive up the price on Stafford. I figured they really don’t want to trade him within the division and play him twice a year, even though the trade-seeking is mutual. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rams gave up a 3rd rounder this year and their 1st rd picks in 2022 and 2023 in return for Stafford and the lions agreeing to take on goff’s contract. Stafford isnt as old as you think, Pop, it seems like he’s been in the league forever but he’s still only 32 (33 in Feb), he’s been a starter since he was a 21yr old rookie. He’s not exactly mobile, ur right, but I think he can operate from a ‘dirty’ pocket much better than goff can. He threw for 4k yards, 26 tds and 10 ints on a 5 win lions team, it was their terrible defense that made them a losing team, not so much the offense. If the rams D can avoid slipping too much (mcvay will have to find another genius coordinator) they can easily be a top 5 team next year.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sounds like youre going to have a great weekend Pop, lol. That white tiger film sounds interesting, let us know if you liked it. Unfortunately, it's been snowing most of the weekend here so not very good conditions to go out but that's ok too...
[/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
wait what?!? rams pulled the trigger and traded goof for stafford?
two first round picks and a 3rd? for buttfumble?
thats great! no first round picks so far the decade
i was looking at his stats and he isnt that much better than goof, plus his best years seem to have been a while ago
it looks like the rams only have stafford for two years under his current deal
watson is the belle of this ball and while he is going to cost a fortune to pick up he can turn a team around

i hope goJ might have a take on this
hes mentioned det before

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Haha, calling Goff “buttfumble” I thought was a little much, but he has had 38 turnovers the last 2 years, second most in the league in that time, so that’s Cutler-esque. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, rams haven’t had a 1st rd pick since Goff himself in 2016, and won’t have one till 2024 at this rate. That’s 8 yrs trading their 1st rounders? True, most of those years their first pick was in the 20’s and lower, but that’s still a lot of good cheap talent youre giving up for trying to win now. Then again, maybe if they draft like the bears, their lower round picks (4th and lower) tend to turn out better than their higher picks (1st and 2nd rd) so maybe they’re not giving up much in the end. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ur right, I remember Stafford had a 5k yd, 40td season in like 2011 but hasn’t really approached those numbers since, except yards, he’s consistently thrown for 4k yds every year. But I figure he’s got a good 5-6 years left before he declines, u make a good point, LA might have to give him a contract extension soon but maybe wants to wait a year to see if he’s a good fit. [/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
it was m.sanchez who was the original buttfumble, but like you said goofs turn over numbers have been terrible the past couple years
/he gets especially squirly when the game is tight and you need to play mistake free football
i think det got the better end of this deal right now and has a great start to rebuilding their franchise with the extra first round draft picks
i guess we will have to wait and see; hopefully stafford finds his groove in the rams offense and can get the offense back on track
/he dosent have to be great, just not make stupid mistakes
i dont like this going all in approach to the next couple seasons, but i can see how with the current roster they feel their championship window will only be open for so long