What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Aaron Donald says he’s good to go for Saturday but wolford has been ruled out. So it’s up to Goff, or maybe bortles, to get the job done at QB. Fwiw, I think the packers can be taken advantage of on the ground (Dalvin cook ran for 4 tds against them at Lambeau earlier this year) so maybe akers and brown can eat and goff can pick up the scraps. But it’s the league’s highest scoring offense vs the defense giving up the fewest points, so somethings gotta give. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ive had so much pizza for the games that ive been kind of pizza’ed out lately, but im sure ill find something to eat for gametime. Might be 3 day old leftovers, but it’ll be something, lol.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here’s my take on this weekend’s lines: Packers are favored by 6.5 over the rams, I’ll take the rams. Buffalo is favored by 2.5 over the ravens, I’ll take buffalo. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]KC is favored by 10 over the browns, I’ll take KC (sorry bungle). Saints are favored by 3 over the bucs, I’ll take the saints. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So looks like urban meyer will be the new coach of the jaguars, and 49ers Def Coordinator Robert saleh will be the new coach of the jets. The bears have already committed to nagy and pace returned as coach and gm for next year, but whether trubisky comes back is still unknown. Foles is coming back, his cap hit is only like 6M for next year.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That seems pretty bogus they have up to a year to file this ticket against you, Pop, but so long as they give you notice you owe it it shouldnt be a surprise. But what if you move? I mean, I know govt workers aren't Type A personalities, but how you gonna give a person a year to turn in their work? Lol.
[/FONT]

MrBungle

LOL Bababooey It was surreal seeing all of that unfold.. My poor chair was nearly destroyed from me bouncing around, and off the walls... After a while I settled down and realized that this type of stuff has happened before, and the Browns still found a way to lose..So the second half I tried to hold off my celebrating as much till I knew for sure the game was in hand.... Had to log in to fb to see all the Ben Crying memes to laugh for a bit after a few tears of joy of my own... It was great!!

shithawk420

Veteran
Not trying to look like a packer fan but you'd take the Rams over the Packers baba? I agree with the rest of your picks.Did I miss a game? I only get 3 channels so it's hard to keep up with the games.gonna try to watch tonights game at a friend's if I can

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
you havent missed any of the action hawk, he dident give his take on the saints/ tampa bay game
i like the saints in this one
/dont have the spread handy
i like his other pics too and will have to refrain on saying anything about the rams game but you all know who i will be rooting for

the packers have a hot offense and a.rodgers can air it out like no other
thats the reason i would like a weather influenced game, with snow on the field and wind and all the other stuff
hopefully the front gets after him early and the secondary plays like it has been
its going to come down to the run game i think but we dont need any stupid plays from the qb
so any word on who the new chargers coach will be
head rumors that it might be myer but thats squashed now
the have a good team on paper but the ownership are idiots so i can see how its a tough call to ballance
i totally agree man about them having too much time to file; you are so right man, 12 m is way too long to wait
i have a friend who works for the city and he says they dont even have to mail me a notice if he does submit the ticket
if that happened i would consider going to court over this
i doubt they are goign to come after me but i still dont want to be looking over my shoulder for the next year

i hear where you are coming from mrBungle, but i tihnk your browns are a different team this season
if they keep it up you are going to need to buy a new chair

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I can imagine all of Cleveland was rocking during that game, Bungle. And to have it come against Pittsburgh, who have been the big bad wolf of that division for years, is just icing on the cake. Maybe the browns have sent Roethlisberger into retirement, eh?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But as bad as he looked in that 1st quarter and throwing 4 int’s, he did have 500 yds (!) and 4 td’s. Even though his arm is washed, he kept hitting those deep sideline throws, where his receiver beat the corner and the ball got there before the safety could rotate over. If Denzel ward had been playing it would have been a different story, not that the outcome was ever in doubt. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ben is due a 19M salary next year, which isnt much, even for a somewhat washed up QB, bigger problem is the extra 22M cap hit, so if he plays next year his cap hit is 41M, if he doesn’t play steelers still have a 22M cap hit for him. Mason Rudolph isnt the answer at QB for them, and they pick #24 in the draft so not sure if they can get a top college QB unless they trade up. Tomlin is a great coach but he’s going to have a big challenge to develop their next franchise QB if Ben retires. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hawk, I just think that rams D is playing at another level right now, and if aaron Donald is really healthy he’s going to give Rodgers fits. Plus that spread is pretty big, packers favored by 6.5? Jalen ramsey can lock down davante adams, so it’s a matter of can the rams keep aaron jones in check, and I think they can. Plus leonard Floyd rejuvenated his career in LA, he had 10.5 sacks and I think Khalil mack and Robert quinn together only had 11 sacks for the bears this past year, lol. And while Floyd never really put it together for the bears, his best games did come against the packers, so maybe he gets a strip sack or something on Rodgers. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rams-packers are on Fox, Ravens-bills are on NBC, browns-chiefs are on CBS and bucs-saints are on Fox. Hopefully you can get most of those stations. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Storm Shadow

Veteran
My fanduel squad for the weekend!!! I suck at FanDuel.. but sometimes u get lucky

Josh Allen
Kareem Hunt
Devin Singletary
Michael Thomas
Jarvis Landry
Hollywood Brown
Travis Kelce
M.Valdes-Scantling
Packers Defense

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Maholmes look like he got his bell rung Ding Dong status... his eyes and feet were not in coordination with each other.. hope he's good for next week....

Im horrible at fanduel... I still love playing it though lol

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Brady came out on the field after the game , and spent time with the Brees family talking,and throwing a TD pass to Drew's son in the endzone.
Teammates in Canton before long.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]I’ve never played daily fantasy, Storm, but I think the premise is that you get a set budget for your squad, and the aim is to ‘purchase’ players who will outperform their price? Like, players like mahomes and mccaffrey are expensive but they’ll give you a good number of points, everyone knows that, but if you can get some cheaper players who have big games then you can finish high up in the standings and maybe win some money?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Your lineup looked alright to me, of course with Monday morning quarterbacking, you should have picked tampa’s D instead of the packers, etc etc. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I didn’t see anything on that hit on mahomes that would cause a concussion, it looked like his facemask was just driven into the turf but supposedly it’s like a pinched nerve in his neck or something that made him woozy like that. He’s passed all his concussion tests so far so hopefully he’ll be able to play vs the bills this week. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I think ur right, this is probably Breezus’s last game, his arm looked pretty shot as far as strength goes, accuracy was fine but if he cant put velocity on the ball well you get a 3 turnover game like last night. But like u said, he’s had a great career, won a ring, hall of famer, he never did get a second ring but all in all not bad for a 2nd rd pick out of perdue. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So you guys were all saying that Lamar needed a true #1 receiver, and I tried to argue against it, which just shows how wrong I am, lol. Ravens scored 3 pts against the bills, they loaded up to stop the run and dared Jackson to beat them with his arm. Rumor is that allen robinson of the bears, who’s now a free agent, may be signed by the ravens. He’s used to catching passes from crappy QBs so playing with lamar would be a nice change for him. In my defense though I think the ravens O-line had as much to do with their lack of success on offense as lack of receiving talent. Marshal yanda, their all pro guard, retired last year, and then Ronnie Stanley, their all pro tackle, broke his ankle during the season. Lamar got knocked out of the bills game with a concussion on a sack. At least he won a playoff game this year, and we'll see how the afc north looks next season. Could the Browns actually be better than the steelers next season?
[/FONT]

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Is he the raiders fan? He usually only posts here once or twice a season to give us an update on his team, which are pretty thorough, but yeah Hawk is right, havent seen him around in a few months, not since the raiders beat the chiefs.

So both home teams are favored by 3pts in the conference championship games this sunday, I'd have to roll with the packers over the bucs and chiefs over the bills, since it looks like mahomes will play. Should be pretty good games though, both over-unders are over 50pts so the books are expecting a lot of scoring.

shithawk420

Veteran
I agree baba.im conflicted as hell cause I don't wanna root for the Packers but I also don't want Brady to win.but I think the Packers will win.either way it's gonna be fun

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
my ass is still sore from that ass whoopin the rams took last week
they looked nothing like the team that beat seatle and we saw a goat qb do his thing
/the only consolation is maybe they bring in someone to light a fire under j.goof ass
gb v tompa looks like a great game and i would not be surprised to see 50+ pts
i read that mahommie is out for this weekend because of his head owwie?
cant wait for the fun to start and hope you guys are having a great week!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]I thought you were friends with some packers fans so sometimes you found yourself cheering for them, Hawk? It’s ok, I know a couple people who are packers fans and try not to hold it against them. Plus, perversely, I think there are people who are actually sorta kinda fans of both teams.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If it makes you feel any better I think whether brady or Rodgers makes it to the superbowl they’ll lose to the afc team, most likely the chiefs imo. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I thought for a bit the rams were making a game of it, Pop, but goff couldn’t move the offense in the 2nd half, and that one long TD to the Lizard King (alan lazzard) sealed the deal for the packers. But ur right, the rams needed their D to step up, but even though aaron Donald played he didn’t make an impact, he didn’t look hurt imo but he was still getting double teamed every play. That’s respect right there, when youre nowhere near 100% but still attracting extra blockers. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mcvay said something interesting, when asked after the game if theyre still committed to goff he said everything will be ‘evaluated’. It’s like the first time he hasn’t publicly displayed his love for goff, so maybe youre right, he’s now jared goof in the rams’ eyes. I think there’s still a huge cap hit for goff next year, they probably can’t move on from him till 2022, but it’s interesting to think that goff may have to fight for his job next year. Imagine being a #1 overall pick with a 100M guaranteed contract and you might lose your job to an undrafted QB (Wolford). But yknow, if he never makes another dime as a pro athlete, he’ll be fine. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I hope mahomes is able to play, otherwise I don’t think KC can beat buffalo, who seems to be clicking on offense and defense right now. It was a weird injury, like a neck stinger that caused concussion like symptoms. He’s back practicing with no contact but I guess there’s still a chance he wont be medically cleared; hopefully whatever happened with his nerves being pinched isnt a sign of something congenital or a long term problem…[/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
no matter what team you root for there are still good people out there; they just like crap teams
take rams fans for instance; great structure overall but a few weal links
i hear mcvay say that about goof and it was good news baba
like you said, we cant really get rid of him and just have to hope he turns it up or they move on
/would the bears like a new qb?
as much a fan i am of c.akers, i wanted the rams to draft j.hurt last year, thinking it would light the fire under goofs ass
well i am a big fan of akers and think the rams might have found their rb#1, but they have a big ? at qb right now
so rams dc b.staley is moving across the field?? to teh chargers hc :/
good for him and i bet he turn that defense up to 11
/a least till bosa gets hurt
cant wait for this weekends games and i hope mahommie can play!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Yeah Pop, but the key word you used is “people”. I don’t consider packers fans human. Sorry, just not my thing. Cept you Hawk, Ill make an exception for you, although youre not really a packers fan, if anything your second team is the falcons. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, I think goff wasn’t happy about not getting the start vs the seahawks in the wild card round. Even though he was coming off thumb surgery he was able to play since he took over once wolford got hurt early on. But like u said Pop, he’s got some competition for the starting job now so he’s got to step it up. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Akers was studly the last few games for sure and most fantasy experts expect him to be a 1st rd fantasy pick next year. He’s smooth and quick and fast and can find running creases that other backs can’t see. Plus the other 2 RBs, Henderson and brown, are pretty good themselves. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That was a bit of a surprise, the rams 1st year DC getting the head coaching job for the chargers, but ur point is valid, the bolts probably knew a lot about him since they share a field and a city so he’s just one more of mcvay’s ‘kids’ who got a HC job in the league. Now mcvay has to find another whiz kid to handle the defense while he figures out how to make jared ‘goof’ a better QB. [/FONT]

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quite possible Tampa vs Buffalo....who woulda thunk.
Sure hope Mahomes can play though , that kid is just a pure athlete,kinda like Wilson,prolly woulda excelled at other sports as well.
A great Sunday ahead either way,and makin a Lasagna to boot!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts