What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

shithawk420

Veteran
Bwahaha! If you find an extra liver pops put it on ice in case I need it later! Put it in the beer cooler so you won't lose it!

Yeah I bought some buns for the brisket baba.i almost bought those boneless ribs but figured brisket sandwiches would be more appropriate.they might be ok.one of these days I'm gonna learn how to smoke a real brisket. it's probably the hardest of all the BBQ smoked meats
Yeah thanks guys.doc said it was bad news and good news.im not gonna drink like I was.i got got too much shit to do. Yeah I really don't want the bears to win.theres nothing to gain from it.they can't beat the better teams anyway.and yeah I know that any given Sunday stuff.doesnt work for the bears though

shithawk420

Veteran
Awe fuck.washington almost had Brady.no he's gonna be in the playoffs.i don't think Tampa has what it takes to win though.hey the Rams kicked ass pops! Didn't see that one coming!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
what a crazy day of football and we get another full day today
i really like this new playoff schedule, with an extra wild card game and only the top teams getting the bye

rams came up big like hawk said,even after their starter j.wolford went down
goff stepped in and gave a pretty good effort (esp with his broken thumb) giving them enough to put away the seahawks
the defense was all time
the d'front line did its thing even when donald left the game but it was the secondary that really rose to the occasion and were the center piece of the game
/seahawks reciever, dk metcalf is huge btw; not just big play big but like a giant huge!
cam akers played like a veteran and picked up some tough yards, with m.brown stepping in to keep the ball moving
we will see who they play next, go bears!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Well, please read the fine print, it’s a money back guarantee only for any money you paid ME, not the bookie. Since my ‘advice’ was free, you get back exactly what you paid me, which is nothing. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Lol, there used to be this nfl column on espn called Tuesday morning QB, and the writer would give his picks for the week with a similar ‘guarantee’. I think he moved his column to The Atlantic, which you have to pay for to read, so he probably stopped giving that guarantee. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Welp, rams beat down the seahawks and it wasn’t close at the end. Wolford got the start but suffered a neck stinger on a hit from jamal adams, goff came in and played alright, had a sub 50% completion percentage but akers had a great game, goff had some timely throws including a TD to woods, and of course that league leading D made Russell Wilson look like trubisky. Russ threw 2 tds, but one came in garbage time and he also threw a terrible pick 6 on a WR screen. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Im sure mcvay will keep their next opponent guessing who’s going to be the starter next week, but both wolford and goff look capable of running that offense. Of bigger concern is Aaron Donald, who looked like he broke some of his lower ribs when he sacked Wilson who fell on top of him (Wilson is short but thick). We’ll see how he is, if it won’t get any worse if he plays on it then maybe they’ll shoot him up full of toradal so he can play next week. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I’ve ruined more briskets than ive successfully cooked Hawk, but if you want my advice look up tips from aaron franklin, who runs a popular bbq place in TX. He keeps things simple, stupid (KISS) which is probably the best way to go with brisket. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Im conflicted with the bears, it seems counter-intuitive to root against them but we’ve seen nagy and trubisky for 4 years now, are they really going to turn things around and be consistently good to very good? It’s like dating that crazy chick and hoping she changes, nah bro, she might seem sane for a while but eventually the crazy always wins out. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you were hoping for brady to lose then the WFT with an undrafted QB who was a street free agent 6 weeks ago probably wasn’t going to be the team that dethroned the GOAT. Although Heinicke was pretty impressive considering where he came from; if anything this just makes Dwayne haskins look even worse, 1st round pick cant last 2 years, this dude who was an xfl BACKUP comes in and plays better than he has all year. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If it makes you feel better Hawk I don’t think brady gets past either the saints or packers. Saints dominated the bucs in their 2 matchups, and even though the bucs dominated the packers in their one game, bucs would have to play in green bay this time. Maybe next year tom wins a ring, but I doubt it happens this year. [/FONT]

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]That was the most surprising result of this weekend, Bungle. Like, we all KNEW the bears had no chance vs the saints, and true to form, bears were stuck on 3 pts all game until adding a meaningless TD in garbage time. But the browns jumping all over the steelers, 28-0 after the 1st quarter, scoring 4 td’s off turnovers (fumbled snap and 3 roethlisberger int’s), was shocking, most of all to the steelers. I don’t think tomlin knew what to do that first half, but to his credit they didn’t panic and tried to make a game of it, scoring 4 td’s in the 2nd half. But like u said Bungle, baker and those RB’s kept the offense moving and adding to their total, keeping the game out of reach. This was after the browns didn’t even get to practice one time (I think) because of covid, their head coach and some good players (starting O-lineman and cornerback) out because of covid, they were really set up to fail but they came through big time. Maybe practice is overrated, lol. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]DK Metcalf is truly a physical specimen, Pop, someone who looks like theyre wearing pads even when theyre not, lol. I think when he was drafted, his measurables (height, weight, speed) were all elite except for his agility scores, like the 3 cone and shuttle drills, so draft ‘experts’ were worried that his best routes would be limited to ones where he didn’t have to change direction as much. He fell to the 2nd round because of that and followed up a pretty good rookie season with a great 2nd year, I think he was a top 3 receiver the first half of the season before falling off when they went run heavy again. I think Jalen Ramsey had kept him in check during their first 2 games, DK scored 2 td’s in their playoff matchup but one was in garbage time and not sure if ramsey was even the primary defender on those plays. [/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i wasnt that suprised to see the browns win
they have a conplete team with a decent defense,(is d.ward coming back this week?) and a up and coming offense
baker looks like he has turned that corner and is ready to move on to the next level as a qb
/he a big strong kid with a good arm
i dident expect the ravens to be able to contain d.henery like they did and the star of that game was l.jackson
he got totally freaky with some big runs and they look like they will be fun to watch in the nxt round
/running qbs are always fun but i dont know how far that gimmick will take them
rams suprised me with their ability to bottle up russ; the seahawks would have been in my top-3 nfc teams going into the playoffs
i would have rather played the saints than green bay, but bring it on!
its time for some rams football!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]U make some good points, Pop, but honestly the steelers have owned the browns for the last 20 years. They beat them by 30 pts in week 1 and then lost by only 2 in week 17 when they sat most of their best players. And to be fair, after falling behind 28-0 the steelers outscored the browns the rest of the way, eventually losing by 12. As bad as Roethlisberger looked on his int’s, he did throw for 500yds and 4 td’s also. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Baker had a pretty efficient season, with 63% passing, 3500yds, 26tds and 8 ints, much better than last year when he threw 22tds and 21 ints. His accuracy could be more consistent I think, but with an elite run game and good O-line he’s more than capable. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Holding derrick henry to 40 yds rushing was huge for the titans, the ravens seem to be hitting on all cylinders now (they had lost 5 of 6 games in the middle of the season) and ur right, lamar is back to being that almost unstoppable dual threat QB he was last year. He ran for 130yds and a td vs the titans, he plays the bills next and theyre not a lockdown defense either so maybe he puts up good stats again. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Green bay as the #1 seed was going to play the lowest seeded team remaining, rams were the #6 seed and the bears were #7, so if the bears had won it would be packers vs bears and rams vs bucs, don’t think rams were going to play the saints in any situation. We’ll see how it goes, rams have a functional offense with either QB, and that D is terrifying. Like you said Pop, theyre getting contributions from everyone, not just their 2 stars. Darious Williams is the cornerback that got the pick six vs the hawks, and he went undrafted out of college. The rams Def coordinator, brandon staley, has an interesting story; he was a DC at a Div 3 college just 4 years ago, then got hired to be an assistant by vic Fangio with the bears, went with Fangio to the broncos and coached von miller there, and then got hired to be DC by the rams last offseason. In his own way he’s as much of a wunderkind as mcvay, and I hear he’s getting some head coaching interest around the league. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30663776/the-sean-mcvay-defense-former-division-iii-coordinator-brandon-staley-latest-los-angeles-rams-coaching-wunderkind[/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening baba'
hope your week is rolling along nicely and you are having a great start to 2021
your are right and i got my brackets mixed upa bit; but either way i would rather the rams play anyone but the packers
the defense will be bringing all they have and i hope we get another great team effort, especially form the secondary
i think j.allen is the real deal and the bills are playing good football right now
as long as he continues to develop his passing game i see them being a team on the rise
their defense is up and coming and when they are on, they match up well against most teams
cleveland is another up and comer, with baker getting better each year
the defense is pretty good when healthy with strength on the line and secondary
they have one of the best run games in the league
there are a few teams that are going to be on the look out for a new HC and i tihnk staley could be filling one of those spots
this is it and i cant wait for this weekends games
we dont get the two full days of football but its still plenty of action
so what are your takes going into this weekend?

what are the spreads looking like for these games, goJ? do you have your eye on anything
hope you have a great week man and are taking good care of yourself!

Storm Shadow

Veteran
+1 Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs...those are 2 are looking like Insane together

Nick Chubb/Kareem Hunt combo is legit.... best 1-2 duo at the RB position in the league

If Lamar Jackson had a true#1 WR like a 6ft2+ type of dude.... it'd be scary to see what he could become...

Playoffs are the best

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]I think the rams match up well with anyone, because of their defense and run game, but I get it, jared goff has a history of not playing well in cold weather, so the prospect of playing in Wisconsin in January doesn’t give rams fans a lot of confidence. But yknow, mcvay has wolford as his ace up his sleeve, so if goff is playing terribly I could see mcvay switching QBs quick. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Josh allen is probably going to come in 2nd or 3rd in MVP voting (Rodgers is first, mahomes is the other top candidate) this year, if he keeps getting better that’s going to be scary for the league. He’s big and strong and athletic, if he continues to improve as a passer he’ll be like Lamar Jackson 2.0, there’s nothing you can do to stop him. Drop 7 or 8 back in coverage and he’ll take off and run over your defensive backs. Send 6-7 in a pass rush he’ll stand tall and uncork a 30 yard laser to a receiver. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I think kareem hunt was talking isht to steelers players on Sunday, lol. Just breaking off 8+ yard gains and then running over a safety and talking trash about it afterwards. And nick chubb was ranked by pro football focus as the top RB in the league, not sure how that’s determined but he can certainly do it all, break tackles, evade tackles, run over tacklers. Browns are 10pt underdogs to the chiefs, I don’t think anyone’s giving them much of a chance to beat the defending champs but like Pop said, a great run game to grind out clock and keep the ball away from mahomes, along with one or two big defensive plays by garrett or ward, there’s a chance they could shock the world. But im sure reid and mahomes aren’t taking the browns lightly. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hey Storm, hope you’re doing well. Who do you think the chargers should hire for their head coach? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Marquis “Hollywood” brown is a pretty good #1 receiver for Lamar, he’s not a big guy but he stretches the field very well, and tight end Mark Andrews fulfills that big bodied receiver role for him, but ur right, I think Baltimore will keep trying to add weapons around him. Still, their strength is their run game, they spent a high pick on jk dobbins last year, maybe they’ll draft a receiver this year if they find one they like who falls to them. [/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
great call storm', the raven would be a lot better with a solid #1 receiver!
it would give l.jax an out when things get hot; instead of trying to run his way out of trouble he could try throwing the ball downfield!
plus keep your eye on allen/ diggs!
baba' is right about how the league is moving more towards these big mobile qb
like he said, drop 7 in coverage and the qb will run; stack the box and he can throw a 40y pass downfield
browns v chiefs should be a great game!

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Bro Chargers need a coach that wants to Pass the Ball and get down the field... Herbert has a cannon for an arm.. Get Eric Bieniemy ... oh that would be nice

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Bieniemy would be nice, an offensive minded coach from the andy reid system who loves to throw deep and throw on first down. Knowing the chargers though, they’ll probably hire bill o’brien, lol, who actually isnt a bad offensive coach, just terrible at making personnel decisions. Or maybe doug Peterson, who agreed to part ways with the eagles. 3 years after winning a superbowl, he was fired. And the dude has a statue of himself outside the stadium, lol. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I don’t watch much ravens games but from what I saw last year, they use the run to set up the pass, yknow, the way it used to be till the last 10 years or so. They set the team record for rushing yards in a season in 2019, and lamar has over 1k yards rushing each of the past 2 years. I think harbaugh said before 2019 that they were studying film of the single wing and wishbone, old school rushing offenses that haven’t been seen in the nfl since the 60’s. They go 3 deep at RB with mark ingram, jk dobbins and gus Edwards, and of course the best rusher on that team is their QB, but he’s also a good enough passer to throw over the top if you bring the safeties down. Which is a long way to say, they don’t really need an elite WR like julio jones or Michael Thomas or davante adams to score points. But Pop makes a good point, lamar is a young dude (24?), can he really keep running the ball so much for the next 10-15yrs of his career, or is he going to have to play from the pocket more? In which case it would help him to have more receiving talent. But we’ll see what he’s able to do, their game is Saturday evening vs the bills, with the rams/packers earlier that afternoon. I’ll be rooting for the rams for sure, Pop, just like every bears fan probably. [/FONT]

MrBungle

I don't have much to say about any team, but the Browns... I believe Andy Reid will learn something from itsburgh... In the end it's up to Baker, and the Chubb/Hunt Express to impose their will upon KC's D, And the Browns D needs a few key stops/ turnovers... It can certainly happen...
I've never seen a Browns team so hungry, unified, or inspired in the last 20 yrs... If Kevin Stefanski doesn't get coach of the year.. it is rigged..

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
word storm! the brown are looking better and better each year
m.garrett is the real deal and i think baker has grown as a qb
they are a tam on the rise but they are going against the best team in the afc
/maybe the whole league
but its beena crazy season and who knows how things will go
/like bungle said, this team is hungry
i cant wait for the game and no matter who wins this is going to be good!

happening baba', hope you are having a great weeka dn are all set for some football
i cant believe that tomorrow is thursday!
whats on the menu for this weekend? i have been craving pizza lately and might have to get a couple good pies
so i got a ticket on my truck the other month, the wed before christmas
i went to pay the fine and it says there is no record of that ticket being issued
i took a screen shot of the page but im not going to send the city money if they say they say i dont owe them
cant wait for the games to start and hope you are having the best week brother!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Hey Bungle, how loud were you screaming during that first quarter against the steelers, lol? I think I heard you from Chicago. The only thing I kept thinking during that quarter, beyond shock, was how much better this would have been with some browns fans in the stadium. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Im sure andy is watching 16 hours of film a day prepping for the browns, he does NOT want to fall behind 28-0 to any team, much less one with an elite 1-2 punch at RB like Cleveland has. Plus kareem might have some extra juice in his legs, considering he was cut by the chiefs a couple years ago and missed out on their superbowl run. Then again, if any team could fall behind by 3-4 scores and still pull out a win, it’s one quarterbacked by mahomes with 4-5 receivers who can take it to the house. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But I think Gojoe mentioned that the chiefs haven’t been covering the spread the last month or two, so their games have been closer than expected. If the browns can keep the score close they have a chance, and like Storm said, myles garrett is an elite D-lineman, if he can force a turnover or two, ya never know... [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stefanski has been great, compared to what kitchens did last year, but one thing that hurts his COTY candidacy is this steelers win came when he was at home unable to call plays. Im not sure who would be a better candidate though, maybe matt lafleur? Or andy reid?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ive been eating a lot of Costco pizza lately, so Im kind of tired of that, but it’s always good stuff. I don’t think ill make anything special for the games this weekend though, but if I do ill post pics. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sounds like you dodged a bullet there with the non existent ticket, Pop. Maybe the cop or meter maid who left it forgot to enter it into the database after their shift, or whatever, im not sure how these things work. Maybe keep checking on it every month or so, just to make sure there are no surprises. I know in Chicago they’ll double your fines if you don’t pay on time, and if you rack up too many tickets they can suspend your license. Maybe they’ve changed that law since then, it seemed overly harsh to poor people.[/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
whos ready for some football?!?
i cant wait for tomorrows games to kick off and we get two great matchups both days
cant wait to se how the rams stack up against the pack and i hope its one of those great snow games where the ball is rock hard and the field is covered in snow
im kind of over the costco pizza
at least here in california, they only offer cheese and pepperoni now, they used to also have a combo pizza that wasnt that bad
i might get one from like ny giant pizza or another small take out place, theres this place called knock out pizza ( another ny style joint) that i like too and their deals arent that bad
yeah i totally got lucky with the ticket but i guess the officer has up to 12m to file it!
ill keep an eye on the mail and like you said check in online every few weeks, but the late time dosent start until he actually files against me
i guess my neighbor talked to him too, telling him not to give me a ticket and he came to the house but i dident open the gate so i dident talk to him face to face
my friend said it was his way of saying merry christmas and if thats the case im happy and hope he had a great holiday

lets get the fun started!