What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Hah, the toilet bowl is cowboys vs bengals? Lol, well a game between a 2 win team and a 3 win team at this point in the season, yeah that’s an appropriate description. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rams covered easily vs the patriots last night, wasn’t really much of a game with the patriots’ lack of offense. The pick six off cam was huge, aaron Donald was running with the interceptor all the way to the end zone. Man he’s fast for a 300lb DT. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pats averaged 3yd per carry while rams averaged 5ypc, led by cam akers with 170yds in a bellcow role. That dude is quick and seemed to effortlessly find the creases in the zone blocking. I think Darrell Henderson is a good RB too but maybe mcvay will stick with cam as the bellcow. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Goff only had 130yds passing, 1td and 1 int, but with a big lead and the run game working he didn’t have to do too much. He did pick up a big 2nd and 21 conversion in the 4th to get the rams better field position and also chew up more clock. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I guess it’s payback for being held to 3pts in the superbowl 2 yrs ago, although obviously this game didn’t have as much relying on it as the superbowl…[/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the rems defense looked great yesterday against the patriots and last nights game was a lot of fun to watch for rams fans
akers is turning into the new lead back for the rams and i think we will see him getting a lot more touches in weeks to come
he can bang it out in the middle hard and finishes his runs off strong; but he also has pretty good hands, plus he is fast in the open field and can find the crease in traffic
goff just played ok but when the run game is rolling you just ride whats working for you
plus the defense came to play
i think they had something like 6 sacks on newton and he was under pressure the whole game
rams get a long week off and before coming back to face the nyjets,
but they finish the season against the hawks and cards so we still have some games to play
things look good from here but im still hoping goff can find his groove so we can actually be a serious player in the post season

so what do you do with the money you win during the season go'J?
do you just reinvest it in the game or do you go out and live it up when you win big?
/the bills game numbers was way off and if you had thm to win for less than 7 that sounds like a solid bet, backup the truck my man
sorry if im out of line brother about how a guy spends his money, but im just curious
/im thinking top shelf weed and cheap liquor, but it could be the other way around

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, Pats had won 4 out of their last 5 but ran into a brick wall vs the rams D. Newton hasn’t had a good year overall but had been playing better before last night, that rams D-line just made his night miserable. If the rams finish the season off with jets, hawks and cards, they might be able to win out and finish 12-4. They would then host a 1st rd playoff game if not get a 1st rd bye, depending on what New orleans does. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ur right Pop, Goff will have to make more plays if they want to make a run to the championship, not sure if he’s got it in him though. He hasn’t been consistently good since 2017-2018, but he’s done it before and the O-line seems to be protecting him well, and their LT Whitworth might come back soon too. For now though, with the cards and hawks’ offenses sputtering and the niners fielding their JV team, theyre in the driver’s seat in that division with just a month left in the season, and what were the odds of that happening when training camps opened? There had to have been a betting line on that, rams winning the west...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Coke and whores, Pop, that’s what GJ spends his winnings on. Oh wait, no, that was my plans for my winnings. Good thing I lost most of it, otherwise you’d see me on an episode of COPS, running naked down the street, on a 3 day bender, screaming that some whore stole my money. [/FONT]

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Belichick has got to be getting desperate with Kraft to spend more money. Things may not be getting better for him. Plenty of places could use a new coach. I'd be doing well if I limited myself to the 10 best bets but unfortunately took too much action and bet big in games that lost and went small on winners. A couple college games killed me early so I've had to be conservative. It would be nice to make a living gambling but this was not the year to start.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
you must haver seen my patty mayo episode; running naked and crazy down the street is how i get my cardio in
sounds like goJ gets caught up in the action and like to spread his money around too much; just like any gambling/ investing, lay low and play it cool until you see a big score, then you go all in
its fun to nibble around the edges sometimes and play a lot of games, but those bets add up over time
rams D ate up the patriots and it felt good to see belichick stymied as a coach
he could only do so much with what he had on the field and the rams had the answer to all his plays
i only hope they can hold this momentum going forward into the playoffs
jets should be an easy game and hey have beaten the cards and seahawks before, but i still think they have a lot to prove
cant wait for this weekends action to start
the gameof the week to me is the bills/ steelers game on sunday night
who is the best team in the afc?
KC
who is second best? tune in sunday night and we will see
ahve a great weekend guys and enjoy the holidays

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Is Kraft known to be cheap? I think he’s paying belichick something like 9-10M/yr, im not sure the number has ever been revealed but I think belichick is the highest paid coach in football, well maybe tied with jon gruden (10M/yr for 10yrs with the raiders). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I know belichick has said some of their issues this year was cap charges from profligate spending earlier. I think they had to take a 14M cap hit when brady left, also took some cap hits on other contracts. Just part of the game in a hard cap league, you pay for it now or pay for it later…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In general I think it’s belichick who avoids big free agent spending, or even re-signing their own stars to market setting contracts. And that’s actually pretty smart, you want a big ‘middle-class’ on your team of good but not expensive veterans, instead of a small ‘upper-class’ of highly paid players and a big ‘lower-class’ of cheap vets who were never good and rookies who aren’t that good yet. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yeah GJ, that’s how it always is, win small on small bets, lose big on big bets. Hopefully the bills game put you over the top for the year. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Jets have actually been playing better of late, especially on defense. They almost beat the raiders last week, if they didn’t zero blitz on their last play they would have won. No wonder Gregg Williams got fired after that, lol, no time on the clock and only play was to the end zone how you gonna call an 8 man rush? Well at least they still have the #1 pick, jags have only 1 win too so theyre neck and neck. And how the raiders played the chiefs tough both games, and gave them their only loss, and then almost lost to the jets I don’t know.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I checked out the patty mayo channel he’s up to almost 9M subs (!). Good for him, I guess with COPS canceled people need their fix of law enforcement busting bad guys. The fact that some of the chicks are cute doesnt hurt either.
[/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thats a great point about a well built how teams should have a big middle class instead of a large upper class and then a bunch of slobs filling out the roster
the jets played well against the raiders but there was a lot of wacky games last week
wft beating the steelers was the biggest wtf; no one goes undefeated (except gods team, the 72' dolphins) and i bet it was a weight lifted off pitt to get that first L
/of course no one wants to loose but im sure the undefeated talk had to be a distraction
i tihnk the rams D will be way too much for the jets o'line and if darnold thought he was seeing ghosts before the rams are going to treat him to a dbl feature of fright and horror
the steelers play a real team tonight against the bills and if bills D can get hot they could prove to be tough team going into the playoffs
so whats on the menu this weekend baba?
i have some short ribs in that toscino marinate and im going to get the grill on later today
some white rice and ill make an asian brocolli dish and its going to be on!
hope you enjoy the games and are having a great weekend my man!

Diskokobaja

I watched few high lights on yt last night..

Bears fckn showed up, Titans too, I dont know whats up with raiders..
Watching pats and Tampa gives me diarrhea. It's like watching some guy with limp dick trying to rape somebody.. Even if he succeeds the whole process is sad and hard to watch...

I will say again,..Thank god I' stay off betting..

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]It was an upset that Washington beat Pitt but I think experts were saying Pitt was one of the ‘worst’ 10-0 teams in league history, as in they were more lucky than genuinely dominant. But ur right, better to lose one now than in the playoffs, not that going 16-0 was their main goal but it’s something that’s not hanging over them so to speak. Plus now they’ve lost another one to the Bills last night, good call on the Buffalo D stepping up, they got 2 picks off Roethlisberger including returning one for a TD. If that bills D gets back to last season’s form, they could be more of a challenger to the chiefs in the AFC than the steelers imo. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]After the hawks decimated the jets it seems like it would be an easy win for the rams next week but who knows, rams have been inconsistent enough where they might let the jets give them a game. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Speaking of inconsistent bears beat the Texans handily and somehow trubisky outplayed deshaun Watson. Of course Watson was going against the bears D and mitch was playing against the texans’ D which is known for being fantasy friendly to opposing QBs. Still, it’s a win. Mitch will never be consistently good but at least his mobility brings something to the offense that foles lacks. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Youre making me hungry with all that good grub you cook up, now that you mention it the woman did buy a big bag of frozen stir fry vegetables recently so I anticipate making some stir fry soon, will post pics if I do. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Haha Disko, watching football teams struggling to score isn’t very entertaining. Sometimes with all the stoppages in play and referee reviews and timeouts and all that I swear it takes like 20 minutes to watch 3 minutes of game action. Now I know why soccer fans don’t like American football, it takes too damn long for them to actually PLAY.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And yeah, best to step away from the gambling table if you're not confident in your bets, or are risking more money than you can afford to lose.
[/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening disko, hope you are doing well man!
interesting take on the games and hopefully we will have some good match up going into the playoffs
/no limp dicks there
do you guys get into christmas where you live?

the bears still have some games to play and could throw a wrench in the nfc mix with a win over the vikings
but any wins from here on out cost them draft picks i think and its hard to say what their game plan should be going forward
how much more time does trubinski have left on his contract?
bills D came to play and j.allen looked like he is more than just some te playing under center
they have a big game against the fins to end their season and i cant wait for that match up
eagles might have found their qb of the future in j.hurt; but what are they going to do about wentz$
stir fry veggies are always good to keep around the house and you can do a lot with them and a little protein
im craving beef tacos and instead of hitting up the bell i might just grab a pack of hard shells and make my own at home
hope you are having a great week and are all set for the holidays baba!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Im sure they get into Christmas where Disko lives, isn’t that where the santa claus legend started, in the Balkans somewhere? Or maybe that was the Caucasus. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For all the Vikings struggles (they started 1-5 or something) they actually had the 7th playoff spot before last week’s loss, now Arizona has the 7th seed and the Vikings and bears are 8th and 9th behind them. After a 6 game losing streak can’t believe the bears could still possibly make the playoffs but there you go. Youre right that every win just hurts their draft position, Lawrence and Fields are too high for them to pick, maybe trask (florida gators) or trey lance (north Dakota st) could fall to them, or they could trade up to get them. The bears have already declined mitch’s 5th year option so he’s a free agent after this season, maybe they bring him back on a reasonable deal (5-10M/yr?) if they cant find a better option in the draft or free agency. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Eagles might be able to trade Wentz but they would still take a 30M cap hit next season whether he’s on the team or not. Rumor has it that the colts would be the team most interested, since their head coach frank reich was his off coordinator during their super bowl run in 2017 and they have a ton of cap space next year and no QBs under contract (rivers is on a 1yr deal, brissett had 1 yr left also). The rams might not be entirely happy with goff but at least he hasn’t shit the bed like wentz has this year. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Im going to have to make some hard shell tacos soon too, the woman bought like 6 packs of hard shells when they were on sale a while ago, we better eat them before they get stale, lol. We’re going to need lettuce and tomatoes, shredded cheese and maybe sour cream too…[/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
call me when you guys make those crunchy tacos! i cant get enough of them and can help you grind through those boxes of shells
i tore through a bunch before backing away from the table earlier but you know im going back for more before the night is over
/sour cream would have been a great add
colts might resign old man rivers if he keeps playing like he has been, but you are right, they are definitely going to need a qb going forward
the problem with wentz is he is goign to cost you as much as a solid player no matter what kind of production you get out of him
if he was playing better the eagles could deal him for something but if he was playing better maybe they would wany to hang on to him?
same with trubs, he most likely wont want to play for cheap like cam did this year; but who wants to invest a ton of cap on a mediocre qb?
/and who know whats goign to happen with darnold
the playoff picture is starting to develop and i cant wait for this weekends games to bring things more into focus
the europeans certainly do have a deep tradition this time of year with chris cringle, st nick and the russians have diet maroz
how are you doign with the christamas planning? are you in a good spot for the holidays?
we are pretty much done with the all prep work and stuff so im just sitting back and enjoying the season
no games tonight or tomorrow, but cant wait for thursdays action to begin

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Taco night is always a good time for sure Pop. Even better when it’s the crunchy shells, which you don’t really see at Mexican restaurants. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NFL contracts are always complicated but it seems like Wentz’s salary over the next 4 years is around 25M/yr (?). He got a signing bonus last year and this year but going forward his annual salaries seem somewhat reasonable, assuming he becomes a decent QB again. The problem, as you pointed out, is that you don’t want to be locked into paying him 25M/yr for the next 2 years (most of his guaranteed money is paid out by then) if he continues to suck ass. I would imagine it’s a decent bet, he’s been ok to pretty darn good his first 4 yrs in the league, it wasn’t till this year that he got the yips. As far as draft compensation, eagles fans might think he’s worth a 1st rd pick but more likely it’s a mid round pick, with a bump up if he plays well or a lot. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Im not sure where Mitch will end up next year. It might depend on how he finishes the year against the Vikings, jaguars and packers. None of them are really top defenses, especially the jags, but if he shows enough passing ability he might get some interest as a backup somewhere. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I don’t have any big plans for Christmas, geez, it’s only 9 days away. Guess I better get shopping lol…[/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
its been a weird year and i cant believe that christmas is so close
check out the line on the rams v jets game; the rams are like -17 pts, that is a crazy spread
i am pretty confident that the rams are getting another W but i would not be comfortable giving up so many points, even against an 0-everything team
have you noticed that its almost as hard to go 0-16 as it is to go 16-0? at some point your team is going to blunder into a win or somehow pull one out of the fire
we get a good rivalry game tomorrow night with the chargers/ raiders to kick off our week and i cant wait for the action to start this sunday

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Jets lost some people for the season before the last game, that's why the spread is what it is and why no one is biting. Chicago is the best bet this week - no one thinks Mitch can have a string of good games, but he's playing for his future and +3 has a good chance of being at least a push if he doesn't have TOs. The Patsies are going to need more than what Mitch or Hoyer or Newton can bring and they'll have cap space for a better QB if they actually want one. Rex Burkhead needs to stop being their offense, but they really need a new QB room.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thats a great point goJ
the pats might be in the market for some new qb tallent and if belichick sticks around he might be able to turn one of these duds* into studs or build on someone new

*wentz, darnold, tubinski, et all

Diskokobaja

happening disko, hope you are doing well man!
interesting take on the games and hopefully we will have some good match up going into the playoffs
/no limp dicks there
do you guys get into christmas where you live?

LOL dude,
WTF you think I live? In yemen?
LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BPaYRbS6nk
its our main capital city

Yes Like 90% of europe we are catholic Christians and celebrate Christmas..But with al of these c19 shit going, it's very sad Christmas.. They are planing again passes if you wanna leave your county.. ANd my sister lives in another county fckng morons..

@babooney It's more harder to watch when you root for the team.And they struggle.. It would be dope if you could later watch pure game, so that they edit out all pauses and time outs..

I watch HL on YT but it all mixes up later in my stoner brain.. :dancer:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, jets at rams is the largest point spread of the week, even more than ravens vs jags (1 win) and steelers vs bengals (2 win) which are both at -13. So does this mean we should take the Jets, GJ? I know Mcvay has been pretty conservative this year on offense, once he gets a 2 score lead he’s content to sit on it and grind out the clock with runs. Then again, it’s the Jets, and Darnold is ripe to give up some turnovers to that very good rams D, setting up more pts for the rams to cover…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Also, man, I don’t know about betting on Trubisky to cover a spread. Vikings defense isn’t as putrid as it was to begin the season, when they were starting a rookie defensive backfield, and the only NFC north team mitch plays well against are the lions, because, as you say, 'detroit'. But we’ll see how it goes. Last week Mitch had a higher passer rating than both Watson and Mahomes, so even the sun shines on a dog’s ass some days. Im just hoping he doesnt end the season on a hot streak and the bears decide he's the real deal and give him 15M/yr only for him to suck again. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It’s been said that going winless is as hard as going lossless, but I’m skeptical. If you’re tanking for a good draft prospect, you can do stupid shit like call a zero blitz on the last play of a game you’re winning and lose on a long td pass. We’ve already had two 0-16 seasons (lions and browns) with maybe a third this year, we’ve only had one 16-0 season (patriots though they didn’t win the super bowl) and one 14-0 season (dolphins who won the super bowl). But it is generally true that as a season goes along even bad teams tend to play better as their young guys get more experience. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I know Disko, so much is shut down in America that it’s going to be a bah humbug Christmas here too. But yknow, vaccines are coming out so maybe 2021 will be much better. Certainly can’t get much worse. I’m so over 2020. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I think if you order the NFL package on cable or satellite TV, they will later air games with most of the stoppages removed (timeouts, commercials, referee reviews etc) so then you can watch a game in, well, an hour. Maybe this would be available the next day, so if you could wait a day to watch the game and avoid any news on the score, it would be a good way to watch a game quickly and still be entertained. [/FONT]

shithawk420

Veteran
Oh Baba.PLEASE don't say that! Trubisky has to go.and if I remember right,the upcoming teams they have to play will probably beat the Bears.i hope they clean shop next year.

I'll get the brand of the Gyros when I get home but this kit seems to be the best yet.you get a good amount of meat plus 6 pitas and a bigger tub of cucumber sauce then the others.it was $11 compared to the Kronos $10 with 3 pitas.if I do get a kit again ( I don't think I will) it would be this brand.

Not a very exciting game today.ill root for the Rams for you pops!

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Both of the Jets starting guards are out and they'll have a new safety. They lose by 28 if they play like last week and LAR is average. Without the injuries, -17 would be worth taking there. I'm not sure what impact the Williams firing has had. He should have been ejected from the NFL some time ago but apparently he was good enough coach to have a job. It appears that NFL favorites undervalued by x points or dogs by y points means put my money down - unless it's because of missing OL or QB - and the one game this week barely in that range is Chicago. Even though I expect them to be 13 points worse than last week. Because MN's number has been dragged down by their last 5 games. That's all I mean by best bet.

Latest posts

Latest posts