What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Rams have had some impressive wins against the hawks and bucs but can’t seem to get over the schneid with the niners, losing both games to them this year even with all the niners’ injuries, Pop. Goff is like #2 in turnovers, behind only Wentz, and mcvay said that he’s got to do a better job taking care of the ball. At least goff isnt playing as bad as wentz, the eagles are supposedly prepping Jalen hurts to step in if wentz keeps struggling. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mike evans is supposed to be brady’s big body receiver, and he’s had a lot of success in end zone looks at the goal line, but I think he was dealing with some ankle injuries earlier in the season. I think brady has just looked late on some of his throws, that and maybe a little loss of zip on his passes. It doesn’t take much for an nfl defender to catch up to a pass, as the broncos attempt at QBing last week showed. They completed more passes to the other team than to their own team (2 ints vs 1 pass completed). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bucs seem capable of beating anyone and losing to anyone. It’s good you were able to get in at -3 KC GoJoe and got your money back at least. Those garbage time td’s really made the game tighter at the end than it should have been. And Hawks were favored by 6.5 but only won by 6? Russ had his 3rd straight so-so game stat-wise, but he didn’t have to throw willy-nilly since the eagles offense was so inept (went 3-0 their first 5 drives). Hawks traded for carlos dunlap and got jamal adams back from injury so the D is looking much stouter so Russ doesn’t have to do as much cooking.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The ravens-steelers was postponed from thanksgiving to Sunday from covid, and then to Tuesday, and then to Wednesday because of more positive tests. And because the ravens were supposed to play the cowboys on Thursday that game is moved now too.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Never seen a Wed NFL game in my life but I guess it’s not much different than a Thursday game. This week we wont have a Thursday game so it’s basically a replacement coming a day earlier. And ur right pop, getting the game earlier in day is an interesting treat (240pm central time), although it may mess with people’s work day.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That’s cool the camping went well despite the cool temps. If it’s warm during the day and the sun is strong it’s not too bad, and meeting friendly people on the trail is always a bonus. Did you pass some edibles or shrooms around the campfire? That would have been a night lol.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Do you think you could ever do camping for weeks at a time, Pop? Could you ever live in an RV or trailer, maybe when you retire do that full time?[/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
"The ravens-steelers was postponed from thanksgiving to Sunday from covid, and then to Tuesday, and then to Wednesday because of more positive tests. And because the ravens were supposed to play the cowboys on Thursday that game is moved now too."

thanks for the run down baba'
i hear you about how its weird having football on wed; i still wish we had a thursday night game too, but i can see where things are all off
as far as turnovers, goff has 10 pics on the season after having thrown 2 against the 9ers; same as brady and russ
hes had five 300+ yd games this season but at the same time can play flat out sucky
the thing with wentz is the eagles have a ton of cap tied up in him and i think it would cost the north of 40m just to sit wentz unless they could trade him
/i think he is getting into those big money years of his contract
we kept it kind of cool most of the time because the camp sites were close together, but on monday when very one left we blazed out in the open
one of our new friend was the camp site host who gets to live there for free year round
i would totally enjoy that kind of life but i would miss my hot water and internet connection
ill get some pics up of our camping adventure here soon, i even took one of the breakfast egg bags we make and how it looks after its cooked
cant wait for todays game to begin

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]You enjoying the game? Don’t spoil it for me I’m recording it. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, the bigger the contract, the bigger the cap hit if you cut them too early. I think generally it takes 3-4 years into a contract before you can cut them with a reasonable cap hit. So for wentz and goff, like 2022. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]At least wentz has the excuse of a terrible line (lots of injuries) and receivers (also lots of injuries) and he’s trying to play heroball, making tight window throws he shouldn’t attempt. If he can turn it around he’s a great asset, if not maybe they’ll trade him to the bears this offseason, lol. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ive heard of camp host jobs, sometimes they come with a small stipend too in addition to a free camp site? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, not having lots of hot water for showers would take getting used to, and no internet is a deal breaker. So youre far enough out in the woods that you don’t get any cellular data signal?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I’d like to see some pics of your home made MREs, I have some food shots myself I have to post up soon…[/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah teh site we were at had no signal, but there was a point on one of our walks where the mrs caught some reception
the host said there is a private camp site not too far away that has a 5g signal and there might be reception at the observatory
ill get those pics up soon, i have some of the eggs, plus a shot of that full moon the other night (the penultimate full moon they called it) and a group shot me and the mrs got with a couple cool new friends
/in addition to the camp host we met this really nice lady who was up there by herself
turns out they do have hot water at these pay showers and it wouldent be too hard to set up a solar heater for water
i think philly is just going to run with wentz this season and then see what they can do in the off season
they play j.hurt a few downs but it was mostly razzle dazzle tries where you knew they were going to run some weird play
/i dont know if he had any passing attempts
i dont think the bears would be any better off with wentz in the long run
now if you are looking at j.goff! lets talk
hope you are wrapping up the week nicely and getting into the christmas spirit

i hope by now you watched the game, it was fun having mid week football butthe game wasnt what i was expecting
im feeling the b'more vibe less and less

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]What carrier do you have? I think sometimes in remote areas ATT works better than even Verizon, which supposedly has the best coverage. But I guess when you get into areas without towers for miles you’re not getting any signal unless it’s satellite…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A private camp site with 5G? Sounds luxurious. Glamping right? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sometimes just putting out water in black containers in the sun for a while will get you nice warm water for showering. Only problem is the one minute shower you’d have to take, but I guess you wet yourself, turn off the water, soap and shampoo up, then rinse. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I think both Wentz and Goff are tied to their teams for 2021 at least, unless like you said one of them is traded. If they get cut this offseason it’s like a 60M cap hit for them, after 2021 the cap hit is half that. Goff is better than anything the bears have had at QB, maybe ever, but with our crap o-line he’d have many of the same problems. They should have a top 12 draft pick this year, maybe they can pick up trey lance or josh trask or justin fields drops to them.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, that game was decidedly boring. I did enjoy seeing RG3 play, he ran well, until he strained a hammie. But the ravens had so many players out, and the steelers weren’t playing well either but kept control of the game, just kind of a blah game for a big matchup like this. Ravens are now 6-5 after going 14-2 last year, yeah Pop, lots of people are getting off the Baltimore bandwagon…[/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i have att, but it was a combination of geography, (we were in kind a a valley) along with not many cell towers in the area
the private camp that has the 5g sounds pretty good
nothing fancy, just someone who has a lot of property who has it set up for camping i guess
the guy dident say it was too fancy, just privately owned so its a little different than a state park
/kind of like camping on blm land
here is a pick of the egg breakfast cooking and another of what it looks like
/ the finished product looks kind of g.i., but dont let the appearance fool you, it was like soft scrambled eggs with sausage and peppers/onions

picture.php

View image in gallery

and after cooking

a nice warm tortilla and it was on!
/we also had fajitas for dinner so i have corn and flower tortillas

/ctr-clockwise from left
here is a pic of me, the mrs and the camp site host along with the nice lady we met there the night before
they were both so cool man! the lady is aprofessor at a local college and the guy also trains mma fighters and has a couple other side hustles in addition to his job at the camp site
he ended up giving me his number and said if we ever want to come back up that there that there would always be a site for us to stay in
i think goff still has a chance to develop into the qb the rams thought he would be so im ok with him under center and hope he gets a hot hand at some point here this season
/he is doing a better job of thinking under pressure and has a good arm
it was fun watching rg3 play again and im glad he still has some kind of career in the nfl after what happens in wtf'
/we will see how long pitt can ride this undefeated wave

hope you are wrapping up your week nicley and ready for a great weekend brother!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Alright, I had ATT back in the day and when I was at the Grand Canyon (in a motel) I had signal but the woman didn’t (sprint). Also I know someone who lives in Alaska and Verizon didn’t work well there but ATT network did so they switched. But yeah, hills and such in between you and the towers are going to kill signal. I think that’s why nokia was a big cell phone company back in the day, they’re from finland so had a lot of experience setting up towers to cover all the mountainous regions. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]That breakfast scramble looked good, especially after cooking! Beats the pants off a fast food breakfast. Surprised the freezer ziplocs stand up to hot water that well but I guess they are more temp resistant than regular ziplocs, hence the freezer name. And it’s really smart to do most of the prep work at home, in a real kitchen, instead of doing it at a campsite where you don’t have all your utensils, cooking stuff, running water etc. Shows your experience. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]That’s hella cool that you have a connect at the campground now, I know you were having a devil of a time trying to book campsites during the pandemic. And it’s cool you got to meet such interesting folks, I know part of the lure of camping is being away from other people but if you happen to meet a few like-minded individuals it’s not a bad thing. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Yknow GoJoe, I think youre right about Brady having something to prove last game, there was an article last week about how he hadn’t been completing 20+yds passes the last month. I think he completed 5/9 20+ yd passes against KC, not that it did much good since the score wasn’t close till the end. But I guess that was one of the concerns with brady signing with tampa, arians likes his downfield shots and brady is 43 and hasn’t been known as a deep ball passer in years. [/FONT]

shithawk420

Veteran
Fuck the bears.fuck the bears.i normally wouldn't be this pissed but this is bullshit.Trubisky can go fuck himself.Naggy too

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yes once again the bears have managed to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory. For the first time in years the running game was working and with the bears running out the clock nagy called a pass and mitch was strip sacked. Lol yeah...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
what a crazy weekend of action! and the fun is not over yet
we get two game today and another tomorrow?!? plus more action this thursday night
i am in football heaven right now
looks like that it for the bears, i guess they are eliminated from the playoffs and we will see if they get a head start on some off season housekeeping
right now it looks like they will get a middle of the pack draft pick but we will see who is available and what they do with their #1 after not having a first round pick last draft
rams beat the cards and it was the defense that made the game
goff looked flat for the first half and until hondo broke that big run the rams were lacking any big plays
that is something i would like to see more of going forward, taking shots down fireld
goff has the arm and he has speed on both ends of the field, so why not try and stretch the field every now and then
i cant believe the giants knocked off seatle but the rams could sure use the help in the nfl.w
i dont think the giants are that good a team but their defense is starting to get warm and we will see who comes out of the nfc.e
browns looked good against tenn and b.mayfield had some nice throws
i think cle can be a team to watch
a great game later tonight with the bills v sf (in az)
i tihnk the bills might be legit and a win tonight will keep the ball moving in the right direction
the real test is next sunday night when the bills play the undefeated pittsburg steelers!
cant wait for that action and i feel like that is going to be the game of the year so far
/a hot up and coming team against a solid old school ball club; what does the spread look like on that one?!
chargers tooka beating in a typical chargers way, bungling on special teams and mediocre play on both sides of the ball
hope you guys all had a great weekend and are ready for a couple more games!

its so much easier to do your prep before you go out camping and have the meals ready to heat and eat
plus you can make things a little more complicated (delicious) but still keep it simple when yuo get out in the woods
we were thinking of heading back out but i guess california is doing the whole lock down again so they closed all the campsites again
/this might be a time to look into those private sites
it was great to meet like minded people and i am looking forward to our next adventure

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Baker was tossing dimes all over the field... Browns look solid for sure....

Chargers got out coached big time... Lynn I wish they'd get rid of him and find a Coach that can develop Herbert into Peyton Manning status ....D.Waller and T.Kelce are in a league of their own.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
i tihnk the bills might be legit and a win tonight will keep the ball moving in the right direction

And it will almost double my money. I did a bad thing this week and put all my money on Buffalo. Early sharp money on SF made the number hard to resist. Will I learn to respect Respected Money?

For the first time in years the running game was working and with the bears running out the clock nagy called a pass and mitch was strip sacked. Lol yeah...

The passing game was working, statistically. Mitch was a hair away from looking good and just couldn't get over the hump. The guy who got the ball - I would have changed the spelling a long time ago. What if he or his kids invents or sells something. I don't like Penisinis. That's a nice Penisini. Someone took my Penisini.

shithawk420

Veteran
So instead of pissing myself off,I found another brand of gyros kit in a fancier store by me.sorry I don't have the name ready.i put it in my freezer but maybe it can compare with the kronos.ill take a pic tomorrow.its probably the same but more comes in the kit I think.if it's better I'll let you guys know..oh I'm still mad.sorry guys.i haven't seen a team play that good then beat themselves in a while a guess.ohh I hate the bears.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the new gyro kit sounds interesting hawk and i hope it turns out good
what does this one come with besides the meat? let us know how you like it either way and post pics if you can
we got one of those family trays from the keebab place last week and on the way home i stopped off and picked up some extra naan bread
i was able to make almost double the sandwiches with the extra bread, plus i made some gyro pizzas too as an appetizer
/hummus, chopped olives and red onion topped with feta
grinding!
the bills looked good last night against sf and wft beat the steelers!
i am on board the bills bandwagon and like the play of j.allen, plus they have a ton of fire power around him and a good defense
browns are in a similar boat, with a hot young qb surrounded by talent, plus an up and coming defense
tonight should be a good get right game for the ravens and they need a big win here
big game for the rams this thursday against the patriots
this is a game they should win and we will see how goff looks, if he stalls they are going run heavy and hopefully the defense can carry them to another win; but the team needs goff to get a hot hand if they hope to do well in the playoffs
cant wait for todays action to begin

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]That’s a great point, we have NFL action on 4/7 days this week, Sun Mon Tues and Thurs. Our cup runneth over. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When the bears were 5-1 they were actually the #1 seed in the NFC, by virtue of their win over the bucs. And now, 6 consecutive losses later, I hope they lose out so they can secure a top 10 draft pick. Going to need a new QB. And supposedly if jim harbaugh is fired by U of Michigan, the bears might hire him. I’d be ok with that, even if he wasn’t all that successful at Michigan. Fuck the wolverines anyway.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rams won handily vs the Cards, I think kyler has been dealing with a shoulder injury the past couple weeks so the offense hasn’t been clicking for them. Rams D is also elite, they give up the fewest fantasy points to QBs in the league. Cam akers had a good game on only 9 carries, ur right Pop those RBs take turns making plays, it’s very frustrating for a fantasy owner to own any part of that backfield however. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Good point, the NFC east is getting better. Giants shut down the hawks and Washington beat the undefeated Steelers. Rams are actually in first place in the NFC west now.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And yeah, Patriots pummeled the chargers and are now .500. After a rough start belichick is rounding that team into form, that D is legit now too. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So your campground connection wont allow you to use a campsite when it’s locked down? I guess that makes sense, he doesn’t want to get into trouble if you get found out and people are wondering why he let you in there…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Baker and the browns beat up on the Titans, whose defense is bottom 5 vs QBs, but yeah, he can sling the ball at times pretty well, although usually it’s only against bad defenses…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Looks like laying a yolo bet on the bills worked out well for you, GJ. In retrospect, I cant believe the niners were favored by 1.5. They have to play in Arizona because of the cali lockdown order too. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, that john penisini guy on the lions who jumped on mitch’s fumble, dude must have had a rough time as a kid. Then again, he looks samoan so maybe his last name isn’t that strange. Back in the 90’s I think the bears had a player named Jim Schwantz, think he played special teams and was a reserve linebacker. But that last name, schwantz, lol…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Im thinking Hawk that the kronos factory might make gyro meat for other labels so what you bought may be the same as kronos just a different brand. Maybe they change up the ingredients a bit too but I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s only a few factories that make gyro meat, it’s kind of a niche product…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And don’t worry about the bears, 2020 is a lost season (like just one more shitty thing to add on the dumpster fire that is this year) but next year, new coach, GM and QB, superbowl all the way baby!!! [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Bills seem to have their offensive groove back, the D is still not nearly as good as it was the last couple of years though. I agree Pop, josh allen is impressive, everyone (including me) thought he’d be a bust in the NFL because of his low completion percentage in college but he’s one of the few college qb’s to actually get more accurate after he turned pro. We’ll see if it lasts, Carson wentz was mvp level 3 yrs ago and now is worse than Jalen hurts, the rookie QB who’s a better runner than passer. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Didn’t know the patriots were playing at the rams on TNF. Patriots have been shutting down opposing QBs left and right so Im not sure goff is going to throw for a bunch of yards but this should definitely be a good game, assuming neither team jumps out to a big lead.[/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening baba', hope your week is flying by and you are enjoying the extra helpings of football
/makes the zeke elliot feed me motion
the rams are hosting the new england patriots this thursday night and i think its a big game for both teams
the rams still havent locked in a playoff spot but they are top team in the nfc.w and its just a matter of where they end up in the seeding from here
the pats are on the bubble and need a win to stay in the hunt
im expecting to see a lot of pressure heading jared goffs way, but i hope he can keep a cool hand and make his check downs to beat the rush
/it actually plays into the rams game blitzing the passer, as long as goff can keep his cool
philly is in an interesting position with wentz and hurt and i bet they would love to trade wentz away (along with his huge contract)
i like j.hurts and think they may have found their qb of the future in him, but there is the problem of tens of millions of dollars in cap space being eaten up by c.wentz...
/makes the zeke elliot feed me motion
i havent tried calling my camp connect to check about spots, its going to be super cold up there and we are looking at more desert spots right now
/i love the desert and camping
i bet you are right about how kronos makes most of the gyro meat and just white labels it for others; what does the kit come with?
i wonder what gJs spending his bills winnings on?

hope you all are having a great week and are ready for this weeks action to begin

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hump day is over so that’s something. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Don’t know how the game tomorrow will go, rams are favored by 5 but the pats have been on a tear. Rams are going to need to stop the Pats run game with cam, Damien harris, james white etc grinding out consistent yards. Ditto for the pats, although I think the rams have a far superior pass game to New england’s. We’ll see how Goff does, if he can get the play action going he might be able to hit some big plays downfield, preferably to receivers that Stephen Gilmore is not covering. Is this the first game between the teams since the superbowl 2 years ago? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The whole Wentz thing is upsetting to eagles fans and the organization. He’s pretty much been broken this year and it hasn’t gotten any better with 75% of the season done. His mechanics and confidence are shot, just have to hope he finds his mojo this offseason and comes back next year with all his issues ironed out. Because unless they find someone willing to take on his 30+M salary for the next 2 years (which they would only do if they were sure he was a stud QB again) then he’s stuck on that team. But we’ll see how this Jalen hurts thing pans out, maybe wentz will set out a week or two and get his mojo back.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So the mountains are generally colder than the valleys? Makes sense, here in the Midwest we don’t have mountains but even near the equator if you’re at high elevations it’s not hot. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I think gyro cones are made like sausage, but the act of shaping the meat into big cones might be kind of specialized. There’s a bunch of shawarma places in Europe but I think their meat cones tend to be hand made.[/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the cones i see here are mostly hand made, but i haevnt seen how they do it at teh keebab shop close to home
the cones ive seen being made were at this mexican joint, where they were makeing the al pasor
they would layer slabs of meat and then smear it with a sauce and then keep pilling things up like that
yeah the mtns get a lot colder than the rest of san diego, especially compared to here by the coast
it will rarely get below 40* coastal because of the ocean but you get to the 4-5k ft mark and it gets freezing cold
its nice to be able to go to snow but its still super cold and im not too experienced at driving in ice and snow
i think the pats / rams game will come down to defense and who can be the better qb tonight
i think cam could get his boogie on and make a few yards on the ground but he is going against an avalanche front line with good pass coverage in the secondary
if he gets hot it will mean goff has to shoot it out with him; not that hard for a top tier qb but i have seen a lot of up and down play from goff this season
im thinking the rams defense can take the game over and the run game keeps things moving on offense; plus i hope goff makes some big throws to ice the cake
hope you have a great day and enjoy the game!
go rams!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Yeah that’s the way to do it, layering marinated meat onto a vertical spit for the gyro machine. It’s time consuming and labor intensive though, so the big pre-made cones are just so much easier. I wonder if Kronos or some other manufacturer could make meat cones made out of layers of meat instead of a sausage like (shaped and formed) meat mix. I bet they could, it’d be more expensive but customers would prefer that. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I had a buddy who lived in NorCal and he would go skiing at lake tahoe, he said one time he tried driving in snow on a hill and his car freaking slid backwards a good ways, scaring the life out of him. Then the tow guy helped him out and told him to put chains on his tires, which really help with the traction. Is there a lot of skiing in your mountains or not really?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Goff is on pace for a 4k yard season but also a 25td/13int ratio, not great but not terrible either. I think ur right, it’s shaping up to be a defensive battle, the rams have aaron Donald though so he might be the difference maker. It’s scary to think belichick could make the playoffs with a gutted team but that’s how great he is.[/FONT]

G.O. Joe

Veteran
i wonder what gJs spending his bills winnings on?

Vegas is fading NE, CAR, MIA, NYJ, PIT, BAL, and WAS for the unbalanced injury reports, so any of those teams has an advantage if the situation improves - especially BAL. WAS will probably not play their RB, so that's a pass. Wentz is apparently a 2.5 point boat anchor to Vegas, but PHI will need help to cover if they're not better without him. The biggest fade of all goes to CIN who is playing for the Toilet Bowl this week, but I have no faith in their coach, rookie LT, and 16.1 QBR QB.

The difference between my lines and Vegas seems to be home fields and players out. Buffalo last week was the one game where the number couldn't be justified - mine was -6.5. Neutral field at full strength. Large players may have bet against them only because it was AFC-NFC with travel and they had sucked on Monday nights. High percentage probabilities are too rare this year.