What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Yeah I was also expecting tom to pull off a 4th quarter comeback but that 2nd int doomed him. He’s on pace for about 15-16 ints this season which is great compared to jameis (30 last year) but pretty bad for him, he usually averages single digits. That rams D really made him uncomfortable, made him throw from a dirty pocket all night long. I know you don’t like the rams chances in the playoffs but both their rookies, van Jefferson and cam akers, got td’s last night, and they go 4 deep at WR and 3 deep at RB and 2 deep at TE, lot of weapons on that offense. When they can control the line of scrimmage on both O and D they can beat anyone. And I agree with u, if goff gets on a hot streak during the playoffs like Eli or flacco during their title runs, watch out…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Does it actually get below freezing in the mountains Pop? If so I’ll have sympathy for you, but if it doesn’t get below 40 just know that people around here would be wearing shorts if it got to 40 during winter. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That idea of pre-prepping your meals for camping sounds like a real timesaver, I wonder if you could do that for a lot of stuff. What do you do for breakfast while camping, something basic like oatmeal or more elaborate like breakfast sandwiches/burritos?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Storm, you ever ball with Michael pittman jr? He went to USC so he was in the area. I hear a lot of nba players like to stay in LA during the offseason (usually summer for them) that’d be cool if you ever got to ball with real nba players. But I think they have their own rec league in socal. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There’s a lot of packers fans in IL, not sure why they come here but I guess if I lived in Wisconsin I’d want to leave too lol. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]One of these days im going to live in a van down by the river, then ill visit all of you fools and we can drink and smoke it up and also let me use your shower. Oh yeah we can watch some football too. [/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
big fan of pittman.jr here and think he is going to develop into a top nfl receiver
i knew his dad and uncle growing up, used to lift with dwayne pittman and thought he had the biggest arms on anyone until we met his younger brother michael
i think with burrows getting hurt, herbert just jumped to the top of the roty standings
he has a great arm and a cool head, plus some decent hands around him like shadow mentioned
allen signed a fat extension recently that pretty much guarantees he will be there for herbert throughout his rookie contract and it will be fun to watch them develop together

i think the rams have one of the best one two combos at receiver and an up and coming ground game
it comes down to goff under center and i liked how he seemed to keep his cool last night and played his game
rams lost one of their top line men (a.whitworth) the other week against seatle but seemed to be able to keep goff protected
/it wasnt a major injury and hopefully whitworth will be back for the playoffs
are you one of those shorts in the middle of winter kind of guys baba?
one of our boys used to wear shorts year round and my nephew is the ice man when it comes to cold
/i just googled mt palomar temps and the lows are in the mid 30's

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/ca/palomar-mountain

looks like we are in for a heat wave! temps are forecast to be in the 30 for the nigh time lows
im definitely going to thermal up and wear layers for our trip but im still going to freeze my ass off!
oats are a great camp breakfast and i like them a lot, if we were staying for longer we would definitely be having some one day
for breakfast we also like to do these food bag things kind of like home made mres
you get one of those decent ziplock freezer bags and you can fill it with stuff then just heat it in boiling water
for breakfast i like to do a scrambled egg, sausage and peppers/onion mix
you just throw it all into the bag and then heat it in a pot of boiling water for like 5m or so and you are all set

hope everyone is wrapping up their week nicely and all set for a nice long holiday weekend!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Haha, I haven’t picked up pittman yet but after his second straight good game (last week 100 yds, this week a td) I might have to…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Yeah, I remember you saying you went to the same high school as M. Pittman Sr, which is very cool. Also I think Damien Williams, the starting RB for the chiefs during their super bowl run, went to the same HS. You must have went to a pretty big HS, Pop. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I heard about whitworth’s injury last week, but whatever replacements/line shuffling they did seemed to work a treat against a very good defense. Whitworth was 38, so maybe they got some more athleticism on the line after his injury. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I like wearing shorts when possible but 40’s would be too cold for me, maybe if in the sun it feels more like 50’s I could do it. But when I used to smoke cigs, I’d pop out onto the deck in shorts in cold weather for a smoke no problem. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Im going to have to take my mockery of you soft southerners back, camping when it’s in the 30’s is no joke. And you don’t have a portable propane heater for the tent right? I guess those aren’t supposed to be used indoors anyway, but it might be ok if you can have a little slit open for ventilation and make sure it wont tip over or catch something on fire. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Your premade MREs sound ingenious, r u sure it’s freezer ziplocs that you use? I didn’t think they could stand boiling water. I know things like turkey bags and oven bags can withstand high temp but that plastic in those feel different, like almost a film instead of plastic. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Tomorrow we wont have the thanksgiving night game between the ravens/steelers, it’s been moved to Sunday because the ravens have had a bunch of covid cases. Too bad, that was looking like the game of the week, although the future GOAT (mahomes) is facing the current GOAT (brady) this Sunday as well. And bears play at packers on Sunday night, geez do I really want to watch another bears primetime game? [/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
WHAT!? No Thanksgiving football!? Seriously? Well fuck me.that ain't Thanksgiving without football

no thanksgiving night football?!? this covid shit has gone too far
we still get to see dallas and the washington football team* play i think, but thats no where near the watch up pitt/ b'more would have been

yeah we use the heavy freezer type bags but they are the 1q size ( i will have to check but its like a giant sandwich bag)
they are heavier than a regualr bag and have that dbl seal
/more for when i pack them away than the cooking
but as long as they dont touch the side of a hot pot they come out fine
/if they do touch the metal the plastic gets all wilty, but not burned; also we arent cooking this over an open fire
/if i remember i will get some pics of the set up in action
we dont have a heater so its just bundling up and making the best of things
im going to bring a couple extra sleeping bags so we can pile them up inside the tent, but i usually get up at least once during the night and i am not looking foreward to going outside in the cold night air
no turkey in the oven right now, but im heading over to my friends house to pick up some smoked bird
hope all you guys have a great thanksgiving holiday
im thankful for such a cool group of friends here and hope you all have a happy and festive holiday

*more pc bullshit!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
No, the morning (1130) and afternoon games are still on, just the night game between ravens-steelers is delayed to sunday.

So here's some of the kronos gyro meat I got at sams recently.

picture.php

It was 2lbs for about $7, I seem to remember the package i bought earlier this year being more expensive but also having more meat. I think the quality is about the same as before, it might be a little lower quality this time but im not really sure.

picture.php

Maybe ill post some pics of what i cook for thanksgiving, probably just some really basic stuff...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that dosent look half bad! does it have a zesty spices taste
2lb for 7$ is a great price too and it would be a great thing to serve when you get some friends together
/a couple bucks for the pita bread, veggies and hummus and its on!
the games this thanksgiving were just mediocre, but i was thankful to have football
wash beat dem boys and alex smith is looking like he should be comeback player of the year
more than one person mentioned how the nfc.e should not have a team in the playoffs, but i agree with the current system that means the division winner will always be given a playoff slot
going to miss the games this weekend but am still interested in the outcomes

hope everyone had a great thanksgiving and are enjoying their holiday season

G.O. Joe

Veteran
so are you calling this the end of b'more, gojoe

They may cover today but I've never understood the hype around Lamar. If a team can stuff the run you have to throw on them, and he's not the guy to do that. They were strong enough otherwise before to hide this, not any more. I have your Rams as one of the more overrated teams this week along with Buffalo, behind only the Belichicks, Tompa, and Cleveland. Some fun football yesterday. Pitt tried a flea-flicker against Clemson that was intercepted. Trevor then showed them how to do it properly, it was awesome. Vandy is down to women for their football team. It's just wrong to be fixed on a football player's ass as they leave the field.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]It has the typical gyro spice taste, not sure what is all in there but the seasoning was fine. Little bit salty maybe but I think all gyro meat tends to be like that. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A half lb is enough to stuff a good sized pita full of meat so for $7 you can make yourself 4 big gyro sandwiches if you had the fixings (bread, onions and tomatoes, Greek yogurt), ur right, one gyro at a restaurant would cost like $6-9. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Alex smith didn’t have to do too much, 25 pass attempts, 150yds, 1 td and 1 int, but they had 3 rushing tds and a defensive score as well so easy win for him. It is kind of amazing that 2 years ago he suffered a horrific injury and almost died from it and now he’s playing in an NFL game with the best athletes in the world. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Actually now that they’ve got steady if unspectacular QB play, WFT might win the East and maybe break .500 doing so. Their D is legit and Gibson and McLaurin are playmakers. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You may be onto something with the ravens offense, GJ, even lamar said a few weeks ago opposing defenders would call out their plays before the snap. Guess an offseason of film study helped teams break down their vulnerabilities, much like it took a year or so for nfl teams to reliably defend the RPO. Also having their best lineman retire (marshal yanda) during the offseason didn’t help. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There were a bunch of college football games on Fri and Sat but I missed them all. Also college basketball started this weekend, you ever lay any bets on those games or nah?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That vandy kicker definitely had a caboose on her, kind of like a lineman’s ass but more heart shaped. They have a woman’s football league where they make the players wear lingerie, im thinking if you gave them regular uniforms you can still stare at their asses instead of those degrading outfits…[/FONT]

Diskokobaja

Can somebody explain to me why Bruce Arian insist on throwing so much deep balls??
Like wtf is your run game? where are dink and donk passes (where TB 12 Kills)??
Like wtf my NFL knowledge is so low and poor but Even I see that stupid style of half hailmary's doesn't work..

I was sure that Pats would loose..But they grind ed out win..

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Ur right Disko, Brady is maybe the best check down passer in the history of the game. He hasn’t really thrown the ball downfield this much since he had Randy moss over 10yrs ago (think he had 49tds in 2007). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But I think that’s what Arian’s offense is, a lot of vertical plays. It worked well with carson palmer back in 2015 in Arizona, he was in the mvp talk back then. It kinda worked with jameis Winston, who threw for 30tds but also 30ints. And now you see brady struggling with turnovers, he threw another 2 ints yesterday and is on pace for 15-16 for the season (he’s never had more than 14 in a season and that was 15 yrs ago). So yeah, live by the deep ball, die by the deep ball. There was a saying back decades ago when teams hardly ever passed: there’s 3 things that can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them aren’t good (interception, incompletion). Nowadays of course the game is more pass-friendly, but you can see the downside of always chucking it downfield, low completion percentage and more turnovers.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I noticed the Pats playing better as well. Cam isn’t lighting it up but he’s far better than their other options at QB and he’s keeping the killer turnovers in check (although he had 2 ints yesterday). Their D though is really rounding into form after losing half their starters to covid/free agency. They beat two playoff teams in the cards and ravens this month, so theyre definitely getting better as the season goes on… [/FONT]

Storm Shadow

Veteran
In the 20 years I've played fantasy football.. ive never seen 1 player score as much as Tyreek Hill..my goodness

13 rec 269 yards and 3 Td's in my league that was 61 fantasy points! The same team had Derrick Henry yesterday also lol. Gotta love any given sunday

shithawk420

Veteran
Not sure how I feel about yesterday.i was drunk and missed the bears game.Fucking Mahomes is good.it was fun watching Brady get frustrated.

That female kicker was nothing but a publicity stunt.she was terrible.they lost 41 to 0. lol

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Can somebody explain to me why Bruce Arian insist on throwing so much deep balls??
Like wtf is your run game? where are dink and donk passes (where TB 12 Kills)??

The media all week was how he doesn't have any passes over 20, this was all Tom showing he can throw long. What bothered me was Reid playing games and it seemed like Tom got in everyone's head. KC copycats and forgot about the run every time they should have, until late.

What else happened. Chicago still doesn't have a QB. Detroit pulled the trigger after the holiday, instead of right after the first shutout there in some time. LV came up big, preventing ATL from collapsing late again. Looks like ATL will be OK without Gurley.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Heh, you don’t remember Michael Vick’s 6td game on MNF in 2010 or 11? 4 passing 2 rushing tds? Or are you just talking about non-QB pts?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tyler Lockett had a 200yd 3td game earlier this season but yeah, hill almost broke the single record for receiving yds against the bucs. The bucs have a good D overall but corner is probably their weakest group on D.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It was better you didn’t watch the game, Hawk. They were losing by 30 before scoring 2 garbage time td’s to make the score more respectable at the end, losing by 16. Rodgers was super efficient (4tds on 200yds passing) and they got a def TD off a trubisky fumble. It was pretty much over by halftime. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The vandy kicker, yeah they were getting shut out but supposedly she was instructed to squib kick it so that’s why it didn’t go far. It was kind of a shit squib kick ur right but yknow, it’s not her natural sport and first time game action, ill give her a pass. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tom really doesn’t have any pass completions over 20yds, GJ? I don’t see tampa play much but from what ive seen he seemed to chuck it downfield a good amount. Throwing it over 20 yds and actually completing it are different things however. And I guess in general every QB throws shorter than 20yd passes the great majority of the time. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Detroit cleaned house, fired their coach and GM. I’m looking forward to the bears doing the same and also getting a new QB next year. They can kick foles to the curb in the offseason for a 10M cap hit, or keep him as an expensive backup for 4M. [/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fellas! what did i miss
just looking at the results it looks like there were a lot of close games with some crazy shit thrown in the mix!

great take on the ravens go'j
at one point it looked like lamar was ready to jump to the next level and learning to using his arm more to add to his mobility threat
but whatever happened, happened and the ravens are def not moving ahead
i also agree with you gj', the rams are overated; but if goff gets a hot hand i think they could beat any team in the league
/defense is top tier at almost all levels, they go three deep at receiver with a developing ground game
i am on the fence about the bills and browns

glad to see you back disco! how are things in your home
are you enjoying the holiday season
tb12 has decent receivers with good size and hands, plus with todays pass int rules, even if your guy dosent come down with the ball you could still move the chains

had a great time in the mountains baba and it was cold but not as bad as i was expecting
/still in the high 20 - low 30 at night
it wasnt bad by the fire but the ranger said the pipes froze up the night before
turns out there was a penultimate lunar elcipse too but it wasnt that great
we had so much fun time camping in the montains plus we ended up meeting a couple great new friend! while up there

super excited for tomorrows game! loves me some day time football

shithawk420

Veteran
Glad you had a good time pops! And I have no faith the bears will do anything right baba.they refuse to spend money on a qb.theres a game tomorrow pops?

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Tom really doesn’t have any pass completions over 20yds, GJ?

Yes I exaggerate a bit, but there was noise he was responding to. It's hard to admit he doesn't suck mechanically as much as I projected. Fortunately I had KC at -3 for a push, not -3.5 like most did. And no way could the Seattle D be trusted with money - then it comes true. It's fair to reward people betting on you and punish those betting against you - there's no other explanation for what happened there.

/still in the high 20 - low 30 at night

Good to hear that you survived your trek into the wild. It doesn't sound like much fun.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah man, we get pitt v ravens at like 12.30 west cost time
loves me some day drinking!
/but there is no thursday night football?
thanks brother! we had a great time and i cant wait to go back again
/even brought my mom back some nice mountain water and a pine cone the size of a football!
i hear you hawk, im kind of on the fence about the rams
i dident watch the game, but i don think it should ahve come down to a kick against a crippled sf team

you would have loved it man!
we came out alive go'j but i like that kind of stuff and enjoy being close to nature
/it renews the spirit
i hear you about not trusting the seatle d', but what about r.wilson
he is a great downfield passer who knows how to move and throw