What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

shithawk420

Veteran
what?! im open to new ideas but ...what?
did i miss something hawk?

/are you are on the no meat no wheat bandwagon too brother?

No, sorry pops.i thought you were talking about the carona.i meant that viruses can addapt when humans resistance immunity kicks in.sorry! I'll shut my mouth.had a little too much to drink lately.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
ahaha no worries brother!
we all get a mixed up from time to time and you are right that viruses can and do evolve
and please dont "shut your mouth" man, that what we are all here for, to talk and exchange ideas mt friend!
ive been hitting the liquor pretty hard myself lately and i know just where you are coming from

seatle was able to hold off the red hard az cards in a close game and there were a few times i thought the hawks might win but not cover the spread
/+3
overall both teams looked good with pretty even stats on both sides
this is jus tthe start of another great weekend of football and i cant wait for the weekends action to begin

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ahaha, we should have a drinking contest some day, Hawk. I could finish off a 1.75L vodka in less than 2 days. We could take a shot every time a bears QB throws an incomplete pass but I think we'd both be dead by halftime. :biggrin:

Hawks got their ship righted and beat the cards by 7. They were helped by a safety (holding on a cards O-lineman called in the end zone), adding 2 pts, getting the ball back and adding a FG for 3 more, for a 7pt lead instead of 2. Cards were driving for a TD but hawks kept murray in check and ended the game on a 4th down sack. If not for the safety, cards would have at least beat the spread (hawks favored by 3). Football giveth, football taketh away.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the safety was a godsend for the gamblers out there
/sea had the lead but was only up by 2
i enjoyed the game and part of me wanted to see murray pull another rabbit out of his hat, just so i could watch more football
but we have some great games coming up this weekend and i cant wait for monday night with rams v the bucs
titans/ ravens should be a good early game and the chiefs v raiders will be a great way to end the day

im with you baba, vodka is my favorite drink
let the games begin!

shithawk420

Veteran
ahaha no worries brother!
we all get a mixed up from time to time and you are right that viruses can and do evolve
and please dont "shut your mouth" man, that what we are all here for, to talk and exchange ideas mt friend!
ive been hitting the liquor pretty hard myself lately and i know just where you are coming from

seatle was able to hold off the red hard az cards in a close game and there were a few times i thought the hawks might win but not cover the spread
/+3
overall both teams looked good with pretty even stats on both sides
this is jus tthe start of another great weekend of football and i cant wait for the weekends action to begin

Ahh that was the movie! Evolve! That was funny ass hell! That's what I'm reminded of or no was it evolution!? Funny good movie though! pretty sure it was evolution

shithawk420

Veteran
Ahaha, we should have a drinking contest some day, Hawk. I could finish off a 1.75L vodka in less than 2 days. We could take a shot every time a bears QB throws an incomplete pass but I think we'd both be dead by halftime. :biggrin:

Hawks got their ship righted and beat the cards by 7. They were helped by a safety (holding on a cards O-lineman called in the end zone), adding 2 pts, getting the ball back and adding a FG for 3 more, for a 7pt lead instead of 2. Cards were driving for a TD but hawks kept murray in check and ended the game on a 4th down sack. If not for the safety, cards would have at least beat the spread (hawks favored by 3). Football giveth, football taketh away.

No no! I could put a handle down if I wanted.but maybe if you wanna do a couple shots and a few goose island that can be arranged.we can watch the bears lose together! But if you really want I can bring the pot and booze.i prefer single malt .it just so happens I gotta go by elk grove soon.maybe I can eat a real tamale! Lol

G.O. Joe

Veteran
The Arizona loss was a team effort, taking advantage of multiple plays to lose the game. That and the score says everything about the team, compared to Seattle, in a game without TOs. That part wasn't a surprise, and maybe it wasn't a surprise that Seattle was capable at some point of finishing as good as they have since week 4.

Maybe it’s the supertaster gene playing havoc with your emotions again?

Having strong feelings about food doesn't change how it tastes. The Sara Lee product has cinnamon instead of other things. Too much. Either cinnamon or it's straight allspice. There should be a balance between nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon. It was always more cinnamon than Mrs Smith's, but it's gone too far. Most recipes unwisely deviate far from Libby's and are essentially awful cinnamon or ginger pies. That makes them gourmet. Pumpkin pie spice is also a bad choice, with cheap garbage allspice.

Mrs. Smith's used to be the standard, but it's inedible now. Their crust was never great, but since WM - I don't know what they're thinking, selling this for human consumption. They obviously haven't eaten it or listened to anyone who has. I'll never eat one of their pies again.

I could go on and on. It's not just pumpkin pie. Tomato paste changed just this harvest. It's unseasoned. They sell ''No Salt'' paste, but the normal paste doesn't have salt in it either. All brands were always seasoned before, and all look and taste totally different now. It's not my imagination, it's right on the label. Yet the price has increased 50% in 10 years. Now my sauce won't turn out right.

Of course people over 30 lose weight when they drop the carbs. That gluten nonsense is just the latest scam diet and multi-level profit engine.

pies always beat cake

I baked myself at least a hundred cakes before my teens, enough to know that liking stuffing means that you don't have to check your taste bud density to determine if you're a nontaster.

The ideal pumpkin pie is much better than the ordinary, and takes a seat next to steak and potatoes. The pumpkin is homegrown and not what's usually sold as pie pumpkin. Topped with vanilla ice cream. Or separated from the crust and mixed in the ice cream - I was making that decades before anyone heard of pumpkin pie spice ice cream. Adding spice to ice cream is a lot cheaper and is probably giving people food poisoning from uncooked spice.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Yep, titans-ravens is the other matchup of teams with winning records on Sunday. Ravens offense is so much worse than last year’s, and so is the titans defense. Might actually be a good game that way. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Im with you Pop, vodka is so versatile, basically has no flavor so you can mix it with anything. Lemonade, cranberry juice, orange juice, even soda. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]No no no hawk, there’s no bears game this Sunday and besides, the only way I can make it through a bears game is getting blinding stinking drunk off my ass so I don’t break my tv, just yell incoherently and then fall asleep at halftime. Yeah, it’s been that kind of year…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I was about to say, GJ, that they sell pumpkin pie spice, and it does seem to be mostly allspice. I’ll take your word for it that pies and tomato paste were much better back in the day, I know a lot of appliances from the 70s and 80s were built much better than the cheap imported junk today. Heck, we’re using a fridge from the 70s and it works better than our crappy modern fridge that didn’t even last 10 yrs before having problems. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ill have to look into using Libby’s canned pumpkin for making a homemade pie. Making the crust is a bit of a chore but it’s basically butter/lard and flour (and a little water, salt, etc) that you mix together and roll into a sheet so shouldn’t be too bad if the pie filling doesn’t require too much prep work. [/FONT]

shithawk420

Veteran
I was just kidding with you baba! There's no way I'm drinking that much with another bear fan! That's just wrong.lol I'd be like King Kong except Chicago with the booze! Mini ditka lol I'm starting to look like him too!

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Heck, we’re using a fridge from the 70s and it works better than our crappy modern fridge that didn’t even last 10 yrs before having problems.

Unfortunately I didn't inherit my grandfather's things, his massive fridge and vacuum cleaner were probably from the 40's and were built to last forever and I would have cherished them. Down to the stainless steel nutcracker which the Chinese can't duplicate. My kitchen clock is the GE art deco clock, maybe as old as me. I'd like to buy a freezer and or window air conditioner, but none now last more than 2 years, if that. You can't buy a new stereo at any price as good as a $150 mini-shelf Sony from 1986.

Vegas kicked my ass today but it's still hard to see them doing the same to KC. Vegas was 7-5 while I was 2-10 (9-12 in CFB) - this never happens and it's clear that the slumps were temporary, except B'more, and Detroit going full Detroit. Congratulations LAC on beating NYJ.

Trevor has good reason to not want to be #1, but a lot of teams that need QB's can't protect them.

shithawk420

Veteran
I made a huge mistake thinking ATL could win.Ryan just sucks and who knew that 2nd string on the Saints was that good.

But boy o boy that Packers Colts game was a straight up battle.i did see some bogus calls but we had fun at my buddies.for some reason his wife who passed recently was a packer fan.she was from Hinsdale IL for Pete's sake! Anyway she had this bell she would ring when the Packers made a touchdown.so in her honor that's what we did.as a traditional bears fan I felt like I was committing treason.but she was my friend and I rang the bell for her.AND I was wearing a Cutler jersey when I did it! Lol wierd wild stuff!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that was so cool of you to ring that bell in your friend wifes honor hawk
watched the colts/ packers game too and indy looks like old man rivers is ready to put the team on his aged rickety back
with a developing team around him i think the colts are a better team with old man rivers under center
hes not going to out throw most of todays new young guns but he is a crafty veteran who still has some w's in him
just like big ben in pitt, hes not the best but hes a solid qb; ben dosent make the stupid throws like rivers does but now rivers dosent have to be the whole team like he did in the spanos suck factory so maybe he can limit his turn overs
plus they have j.brissett on the bench
we all have our favorite teams, but its really the love of the game that brings us all together

so are you calling this the end of b'more, gojoe
/im wondering about them myself
like, how they could loose another game they seemed so hyped to play
there was some drama before the kickoff and it seemed like it really fired up the ravens but ten came to play
both teams needed this win and i wonder how the ravens are going to finish off their season
they play the red hot pit.steelers this weekend but then finish off the season with three easy games
/they also play the browns in there
i could see them going 5-1 to finish off the year, (at worse 4-2)
that could land them one of those expanded playoff spots
/raiders are another wild card team in the afc

hope you guys save a seat on the couch for me baba'
im not into drinking games but will chip away at my bottle for a solid four quarters
/its a long day and i dont make rookie mistakes
rams have a big game tonight, not just standings wise, but to keep the momentum going and prove they can win against good teams
/yes, i think tb is good
so how do you feel about them pulling the plug on tua? he seemed to fall apart against the broncos and it looks like its fitzmagic time again
i wasnt too impressed with his first few wins, but saw potential
we will see how the fins play out the year and they still might have a shot at the playoffs with their defense keeping them in games
i just dont see them being the team a lot of people think they are
hope you are starting your week off slow and easy and are all set for a nice long weekend
we are heading out the to mountains this weekend to go camping and i cant wait!
im going to freeze my ass off!!

shithawk420

Veteran
Thanks pops.it was a good time.and what about the browns!? 7-3? They haven't had a season like that in I don't know how long.Fucking Baker mayfield.and ole big Ben is 10-0! Good stuff.havent heard shit from Brady.

Hope you have fun pops! Temps here are about 40.you ain't gonna freeze buddy! Lol

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
b.maybfield is turning into a decent qb and the browns have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball
they have a tough schedule to finish off their season, playing ptt, ravens and titans coming up
but we will see how they do
are those your day time highs? 40*, that pretty freakin cold my man
/hey, i live in san diego
you know im going to freeze when we are up in those mountains and im going to love every minute of it

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah.its exactly 40 now.gonna get colder.its gonna snow.midwest sucks.but yeah the mountains get cold too.you just going to go or you got a mission? Hope you bring a gun.i don't feel like boxing bears and lions.maybe the NFL kind though! Lol you gonna cook up there? Sounds fun!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Hehe, with the way this season is going Hawk, they’d have to dispense vodka out of a gas station fuel pump in order for me to be able to get through one game. But we’ll see how they finish off the season, and what they do in the offseason (hopefully fire everyone associated with this mess into the sun). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I hear a lot of vintage stuff is in demand nowadays, Gojoe, both for the looks and for the build quality. People are finally realizing that when you pay hundreds of dollars for something, maybe it should last for more than a few years. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sorry to hear you had a bad week but that happens once in a while, hopefully next week is the exact opposite. Ravens losing to the titans in OT wasn’t entirely unexpected, and jets have been frisky lately even though they’re still winless. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Burrow tore up his knee when he got crunched in the pocket, his season’s over and he may not be ready for training camp next year, the damage was that bad. So by default Herbert jumps into Off rookie of the year favorite, maybe claypool or justin Jefferson is in the mix as well. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Indy's defense is the best part of that team, but rivers is developing a connection with michael pittman jr, their rookie WR. T.Y. hilton and zach pascal are kind of getting neglected, he doesnt really have the arm strength to take advantage of their speed, but nyheim hines is a good receiving back and jonathan taylor is contributing, more or less.
BTW i try not to watch any packers games if i can help it. Theyve screwed me so much in fantasy football and sports betting that i feel like a bears fan relying on the packers performance is football sacrilege.

Browns have been impressive under their new coach, theyre letting their D and run game do most of the work. Baker has moments where he can sling it around good but for the most part they dont want him to play heroball and it's working out for them. Theyll probably make the playoffs, not sure how far they would advance but just to have a winning team again is huge for them.

Rams beat the bucs pretty handily last night, their D really stepped it up. Goff looked good even without a run game, usually when he throws it 50x it's not a good game for the rams but the bucs run D is so good they had to let goff sling it. I thought he moved well in the pocket, that 1st or 2nd td he stepped up into a passing lane and found a receiver in the end zone, that was a nice play.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the rams picked up a huge W last night against the bucs but i was on the edge of my seat until that int in the 4rth qtr pretty much sealed the deal
/just like against the seahawks, you cant count tompa brady out until its a done deal
m.evans had j.rams number last night and he made a bunch of big catches but the rams front line was playing lights out
and hopefully we will hear morefrom jordan fuller in weeks to come
i think the rams have one of the toughest schedules to finish out the season playing az twice and another game against seatle but they have some momentum having beat two good teams back to back
if there was a time for goff to get hot it would be now

we are heading up to the mountains as part of the mrs birthday celibration,hawk
she is the kind of person who dosent want things for her birthday, but she wants to do things
with this covid its crazy but we both love being outdoors so camping is a great choice
i told her to just pick a spot and i will handle the rest of the prep work
im going to pre-grill up a couple steaks and cut them into fajitas and mix it with onions and peppers so we just have to quickly reheat it all over the fire
we are going out sunday and monday to take advantage of the thanksgiving holiday and i cant wait!
might miss out on a weekend of football but maybe i can get a radio signal or something like that
ill think of you mid west guys while im freeezing my ass off up there

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Keenan hands are insane.... after that fumble.. he went wild... Herbert is the real deal..

Pittman looks like he's breaking out ...love it

shithawk420

Veteran
I agree baba.i hope they fire the pants off a few people.my buddy is a bears fan and his wife was a packer fan so it was akward as hell.whenever there was a Packers game he would just go in his man cave and listen to another game on the radio.Rodgers is a fun qb to watch though sometimes

That's awesome pops! Hope you have a good time! It snowed then rain here most of the day so it's been nasty here.

Latest posts

Latest posts