What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, I'll tell ya....Raiders D been driving me insane! Last year, they waited til last 4 weeks of season to elevate their performance to "slightly under average". This year, after the swell of "fire Pauly G" rose up early, they seem to be climbing the ladder starting week 8. If they can continue gelling, this team can be a spoiler against ANYONE. Just ask mahomes. They are going to climb the defensive rankings this week, but I'm not gonna get carried away, as the 4 interceptions and 1 fumble recovery Sunday equaled the amount of takeaways they achieved in the previous 8 games. But if the D can play "NFL average" defense, this is def one of those "any given Sunday" teams that could go all the way.

The offense, well, that's a beautiful thang! The fanbase is FINALLY off DC's throat. Until 3-4 weeks ago, many were calling for...(lol, ridiculous) Mariota to come in. Fucking 18 year olds man, don't know shit. The offensive line, which is down 3 starters, 2 top substitutes, and has a right tackle(5th in substitution order,) whos leg gives out in the 3rd quarter of every game, is STILL one of the best in NFL. Fukn better be, y'all know who's offensive line is most expensive in NFL, by far? Yup. Raiders. Running game- fuggit about it. Josh Jacobs. That would normally be enough, but hey, the broncos are idiots! They squandered davonte Booker on special teams for 4 years so the hometown kid could be their half back! Now book is on the raiders and would EASILY be a top tier starter if Jacobs were to go down. Receivers? Ruggs ain't even ready for the NFL. And yet he is so fast, safeties HAVE to account for him on every snap he plays, which opens the box up for running backs, tight ends, and renfro. That kid learns his route tree and sky is the limit. We've had our #1 receiver out the entire season, and it's still our best receiving Corp since Tim brown and Jerry rice. Agholor is another diamond we picked off the junk pile.
Special teams is dialed in.

I could expand on everything, as is my nature. I like to ramble on til everyone loses interest, then keep going. Lol.
But I will leave you with this:
The Raiders are not the best team in the NFL. Or the AFC, or maybe even the AFC west (though we are the only team to humble the queefs this season), but they are capable of beating ANY NFL club. And that D continues to gel, they are absolutely a potential Superbowl champion, THIS year. And, as always, #fucktombrady

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Brady and Belichick vs LV is like sunlight vs vampires.

So Chicago has won the last 4 against MN, who do not show up on Mondays. I have them losing by a score, 3 or 7, after seeing the long injury list. Will Nick or Kirk if he even shows up connect on throws to the right team? Hard to say.

Thanks for the love. It did nothing for my back or the guys coming over my fence and clocking my meter, but I went 3-0 this week, on CFB. Watch IA, WI, and MO all slide down at the 1 at the end Saturday.

The sharp list that was 7-2 last week was 1-5 this time, the 1 being the game we agreed on - GB's number is too hot.

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah,I knew it.Bears choked again.fuck I'm getting tired of this wishy-washy shit.and now for some reason I hear the bears bought Sanchez? The fuck are they thinking.fuck the goddamn bears.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Raiders pounded the hapless broncos on sunday. Drew lock is the very definition of a gunslinger; the ball is going to be completed for a big play, just don’t know for which team. Technically he still hasn’t started a full season yet (11 games) and his O-line is terrible, but outside of a couple 4th quarter comebacks, he’s pretty much been Jay Culter 2.0 (that’s not a good thing). Raiders also own a win over the chiefs even though their record isnt as good, if they can avoid a 2nd half swoon like last year they'll make the playoffs. I agree with subrob, they're not an easy out for anyone, and derek carr is a better QB than he gets credit for.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Roethlisberger has a 22-4 td-int ratio, and he’s entered MVP territory as well as comeback player of the year (which might go to alex smith). Im surprised the steelers have never been 9-0 before, for a franchise that’s won 5-6 championships. I still think KC is the team to beat, but if KC-Pitt meet in the AFC championship game, that’ll be epic. Steelers have almost as many weapons as KC (Dionte, Claypool, Conner and JuJu vs Hill, Kelce, Hardman, Edwards-Helaire). [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Rams beats the Hawks and it wasn’t particularly close; I guess lately the rams do better against seattle and not so much vs san fran? They still have one more game against each plus 2 games against the division leading cards, so there’s still a lot more to shake out in that division. Kyler has been a revelation, he’s on track to be the first QB to pass for 4k yards and run for 1k yards. I guess he’s like what doug flutie should have been, if football teams back in the 90’s weren’t so prejudiced vs short QBs. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I’ve never gotten catering from a restaurant, never really needed that much food before but im sure it’s a great deal and saves a lot of work cooking yourself when you have a gathering. And sounds like you’ve got the candy making down to a science Pop, hehe would have been funny to hand out this stuff for Halloween, well maybe not don’t want little kids riding around the neighborhood high as S!@* lol.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Bears managed more special teams yards than offensive yards last night, also more pts too. Yup, typical bears. Im interested to see who our new coach and GM will be next year. [/FONT]

shithawk420

Veteran
Damn right baba.get Naggy the fuck outta there.he sucks and he's an idiot who don't give a fuck.Lovie fucking Smith is probably a better coach for fucks sakes.typical Bears giving us hope and shattering it like always.oi vey

G.O. Joe

Veteran
In the last 5 games Foles has 5 TD + 5 INT. Illinois is where offense comes to die. So who are the 7 most likely and 7 least likely to cover this week - there's some opening line weirdness going on. My lines(Vegas): ARI -2.5(3) PHI -1(3.5) ATL -2(4.5) CAR -1(-1.5) NE -3.5(-2.5) PIT -10.5(-10) CIN -2(1.5) BAL -1(-6.5) MIA -3.5(-3.5) LAC -10.5(-8.5) GB -5(2.5) MIN -13(-7.5) KC -9.5(-6.5) TAM -6(-3.5). ARI ATL CIN GB MIN KC TAM.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
morning fellas! what a f'in game last night
the defense looked good but it is only one part of the game
at one point i thought the bears defense could make up for the bad offense, but when you add in the blunders on special teams... a two layer fail was just too much
/also, whats the deal with these graphics they are showing during the game, the animations of bears pooping in the woods with vikings in the trees?
you guys might be right and its time for a change at the top to turn the team around
/that and a new qb; whats this about dirty sanchez?

the rams were in the drivers seat most of the game but you dont want to count r.willson out in any close game
just like we saw with the cards v the bills (two up and coming teams), its not over till its over

glad you stopped by subrob and its always good to hear a strong take from a real fan
i dont get this m.mariota thing either, carr is having a solid season and i agree with you and the guys that they match up well with almost anyone
/i think they hold the tie breakers over a couple other hot afc teams like the titans and ravens (just looked it up and that list also include the fins' and the browns) so im pretty sure they will be making the playoffs this year even if kc wins the west
what about this heat man, its been in the freakin 80-90 the past few days
typical san diego weather man

its not really like the catering where you buy food for a dozen people, but they have these family packs at a couple of the places i like to go
the one i have in mind (at a persian place) has a deal for four, the small option
it comes with whole chicken, a pounds of gyro meat, four skewers of meat goodness plus rice, bread, salad and sauce all for $34
!!!nom!!!
its not that bad when you consider me and the mrs would drop 20-30 bucks just grabbing a couple plates for lunch, plus its nice to have the left overs so we can just grind through out the day
they have other party packs too and i think they are all pretty good deals
have you figured out whats on the plate for thingsgiving?
hope youre having a great nov and ready for the holiday season brother!

whats up pollen king (pk)
lets hear what yintz got? its up to you to bring the heat for your team
/im a rams fan
if you scroll back a bit, you will see i was all over c.claypool earlier in the year
/baba also makes a great point about how rape'elsburgger is having a low key mvp type season

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm out of San Diego man. 21 years. Love that town! But I'm back in New Mexico now. Last couple months. Bought a house here.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
oh wow , how are you liking out there
new mexico is beautiful desert country plus some places are a total hippy trip ,man

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Lovie got fired cause he could never get the offense right but u make a good point, ever since then the bears have been trying to replicate his success and failing. Like the lions with matt patricia, sometimes you think the grass is greener on the other side, but it turns out nope, shit was just as brown and scraggly and even worse, lol.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pop is right, we're going to need a new QB as well next year. Just blow the whole thing up and start over.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Speaking of the nfc west we have cards vs seahawks on Thursday night, should be a great game. Gojoe has the cards favored when the line is seahawks by 3, we’ll see what happens, russell has cooled off lately but that's still a dangerous team. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Yeah, I was thinking the catering meals would be too much unless you’re ordering for a couple dozen people, like an office party or birthday party. But family meals are that perfect size/price ratio, where you get more food for the same price as 3 individual meals. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Is thanksgiving next Thursday already? Geez, I try not to do any holiday cooking at all if I can help it, maybe I’ll just order some Chinese takeout and call it a day? :biggrin:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I’d move to New Mexico for the green hatch chili’s alone. I think some hollywood type people move out there to get away, julia roberts, g.r.r. martin, maybe some others. Not a lot of douchebag papparazzi types in NM...
[/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
ordering take out and enjoying the day sounds like a great thanksgiving plan
ive been craving that chineese place we used to go to with those crispy noodles and we might have to pick some up here soon
/definitely before the end of the year
its the mrs birthday this week so its her call whats on the menu and now her and the girl are talking about some stupid "no meat, no wheat" thanksgiving
not going to happen and there will be meat and i will have the wheat (i love stuffing)
my friend is going to smoke some turkey there is always that option
hatch chilis are super good and i like them roasted or fresh diced; they arent as hot as most chilis but still have a kick
i cant eat them like i used to but they still add a lot of flavor to things like enchilada filling and stuff like that

cant wait for the seahawks/ cards game tomorrow
both teams look good and this one is really tough to call
if i had to pick, i would go with r.wilson being the more experienced player and is having a great season to take this one
but im starting to warm up to the cards and k.murray is a one person highlight reel
with his big win last week i think they have a ton of swagger going into this game and feel like they could beat any team in the league
who ever wins will get to be the king of the nfc west until the rams play the buccs on monday night
chiefs/ raiders will be a great sunday night game

this is where it counts and i cant wait for this weekends games!

G.O. Joe

Veteran
My reasoning for fading Seattle is they have 10 giveaways in the last 4 games, and Arizona has 9 takeaways - TO's are baked into the number. If there are none, Arizona and the under are in trouble. TO's are more likely.

Baked a frozen (Sara Lee) pie last night and have a turkey in the oven now. I know it sucks that all I can say is how this sucks and that sucks, but it's not my fault that so many things suck and I get a sucky attitude about it. Nationwide brands of pumpkin pie suck, and so do most recipes. Is there a nutmeg shortage or something? The corporations all trying to squeeze every last cent (they have a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders, you know, anything else should be unthinkably irresponsible and unprofessional if not felonious) out of their pies are going to leave future generations without knowing what pumpkin pie is supposed to be, and no one will want to eat it - like many other foods associated with the day. They seem to want people to buy their peach or apple or some other pie instead - the profit must be higher on those. Hopefully the canned pumpkin (squash) isn't too different, because the most widely sold pies are either bland, bad, inedible, or an abortion, while still being overpriced for these things. They were fine until Wal-Mart started making pies. Way to compete with WM, by changing your pies to taste like shit. ''It's Perceptibly Less Shitty Than Wal-Mart Pie!''

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hehe, no meat no wheat thanksgiving, are they serving tofurkey? I guess gluten allergies are pretty common though so maybe it’ll be healthy. A smoked turkey is always good, tender with that nice wood flavor, cant go wrong with that. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Im not sure ive ever had hatch chilis but they probably sell them by the jar in groceries, might have to check some out. But New Mexico I hear is a good area to live in, around sante fe it’s high elevation so it’s more like Colorado than arid desert. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Russell has been on a bit of a turnover streak lately, but the cards were also darn lucky to win on that hail mary. Hopkins was triple covered, he’s great and all but he should not have caught that ball. I cant decide who’s going to win tomorrow, ill just sit back and enjoy the game. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I agree, that Chiefs-raiders game on Sunday night might be the game of the week, gives KC a chance to avenge their one loss this year. KC is favored by 7 on the road, that’s a big spread but I guess vegas thinks the first matchup was a fluke. Sorry subrob. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rams-bucs on MNF sounds like a much better game than bears-vikings. Both teams have good defenses so it may turn out a slugfest also but at least there’s the possibility of some pts being scored. [/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
rams v bucs is the game of the week with two evenly matched teams and playoff spots in the mix
the bucs have a solid D and with brady at qb you have to be on your toes; tb has lost some games but i still feel good about them overall
/they are pretty decent at two levels with suh on the line and have two backfield players
rams have a top D with goff at qb...
/plus a developing ground game!
i think there is some truth to this mvp talk for r.wilson, he is the seahawks but im not too sure about their D

oh man, f'that pie! you need to get on one at like costco or someplace that at least bakes them somewhat fresh joe'
i am not a fan of pumpkin pis at all, its one of my least favorite pies, but i like them during the holidays
the problem is, to make a good pumpkin pie (a foul gourd to start) you need to add like rum and good seasonings to the filling mix
most places arent going to do that
if you want a good pimpkin pie its best to make your own, starting with a palatable canned pumpkin pie mix and doctor that sh!t up to suit your taste

yeah baba, the girl has allergies, but why spoil it for everyone?
i am going to bring a bird over to my friends house and have him smoke it for me
if anyone wants some they are more then welcome to the smokey/meaty goodness
/im going to drop it in a 5g bucket of brine and seasoning before i bring it over
the mrs is into this health kick and if it wasnt for this super strong kush i grew out this past season, she would just be eating eatables
its thanksgiving man and i like the bird (for about three days), but im just not on their band wagon
/maybe i could join you giuys for chinees take out?

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]If Russell has a multiple turnover game again, ur right I think the cards win easy. But that’s something I think hes going to work hard to reduce, this is the most turnover prone he’s been in his career so if it means being more conservative in his passing that’s what he’ll do. Should be an interesting game tonite in any case, and next Thursday is thanksgiving so we get 3 games then. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I think the last sara lee pie I had was apple but theyre usually pretty decent for frozen stuff from what I remember. Does the pumpkin not have enough nutmeg for your taste? I think the main spices in pumpkin pie are nutmeg, cloves, ginger and cinnamon and you don’t need a lot of each to get that flavor right. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Im with Pop, when we usually get pie it’s the sams or Costco pies, but im guessing that the pies they make in Walmart are about the same quality. Im sure there’s better pies, especially if you know how to bake, but the store bought ones always seemed ok to me. But maybe I don’t know any better… Maybe it’s the supertaster gene playing havoc with your emotions again?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I had a coworker who discovered he was allergic to gluten in his 40’s, dude lost quite a bit of weight after that avoiding breads and such so if it makes them feel better and lose weight then cant be all bad, but ur right, it’s a hassle when eating with them. Seems like they cant eat half of what’s commonly offered: no stuffing, no mac n cheese, no rolls, no cakes/cookies/pies. [/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
there is an actual condition that makes you allergic to wheat but i dont think most people have that; they just think wheat=bad
if you look at human physiology you will see we are omnivores, people were made to eat things like wheat as well as meat and thats what made us strong
/now because of fitness craze and fad diets they think weve been doing it wrong all these millennia?*
im not going to rock their boat but i am goign to bring a turkey over to my friends house for him to smoke next week and if anyone wants to enjoy it they are more then welcome

i would be surprised if wilson has a lot of turnovers tonight, but you are right about how take-aways can change a games momentum
im still leaning on seatle here but i tihnk the cardinals will make it an interesting game and i cant wait to see k.murray play
/i live in the west but we just dont get to see az that often

i heard smoking weed makes things taste better
maybe you can sprinkle your own spice mix on top of the pie and make it better, joe
it sucks that the pies now days arent that good but at least you have pie
/pies always beat cake

*this whole thing is a form of afluenza if you guys ask me

shithawk420

Veteran
Maybe but viruses can change to strictly attack you when you're vulnerable.it would be a mistake to assume these things.you guys are going about it wrong.learn from the virus.makes sense

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Maybe but viruses can change to strictly attack you when you're vulnerable.it would be a mistake to assume these things.you guys are going about it wrong.learn from the virus.makes sense

what?! im open to new ideas but ...what?
did i miss something hawk?

/are you are on the no meat no wheat bandwagon too brother?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I guess celiac disease (wheat/gluten allergy) is the new thing. Supposedly it comes from humans evolved on a diet of meat and fruits/veggies, and didnt really eat grains till the last few thousand years or so, and wheat even later than that. Not that people with celiac were like really sick before, but lots of people nowadays claim better health after removing gluten from their diet, even if such changes are subtle: seem to get sick less often, better GI health (less gas, less GI distress etc), better skin complexion, stuff like that.

Maybe it's the placebo effect, if you believe it it will come true?

The first cards-hawks game patrick peterson shut down dk metcalf but ty lockett went off for 200yds and 3 tds, the highest scoring fantasy WR game this year. Not sure how things will go tonite, chris carson isnt playing again but carlos hyde is healthy. They'd have to go run heavy if they want to avoid russell int's but if they fall behind a lot theyre going to need to let russ cook again...