What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

nfl draft is only a coule days away! let the action start
rams dont have a dog in the first rounds but i will still follow the drama
/whats going to happen with baker?
that sounds like some fun smoke and i know what you mean about not wating to zonk out after smoking
some of the heavy stuff i smoke puts you down for the count and you are not getting anything done until a nap or good nights sleep
ive never had anything i would call motivating weed but i know people who will smoke then clean their house or do other stuff
i eat and mess with shit, then smoke more weed i guess
i agree 100% about how a small percentage of the people are the ones causing 99% of the problems
thats why i think the cops should roust them
i understand some may be mentally ill, but they need to get help and not place their troubles on the whole of society
one day a real rain is going to come and wash all the trash off the sidewalks
that is an apt comparison between the us invasion of the middle east (we dident just over turn the taliban who deserved to be killed each and every one of them) but also upturned several other nations
i dont buy into the russian being the next germany narrative, they just want to reunify the former soviet states for several reasons
/political but also economic
there is no way the ukarainians will outlast the russians
/the spent over 10y and how many tens of thousands of lives fighting in afghanastan
a war of attrition is just more blood on the hands of both sides
/it was actually the terrain that beat the russians, that and the back door stinger missles provided by good old uncle sam
im hearing that the ukes top brass are selling off a lot of the new stockpiles that are comming into the country to israeli arms dealers and using the money to move their families to poland
but wtf do i know about the middle east of anything

: sources
meow meow meow

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Bears don’t have a 1st rd pick this year as well, it was traded to the giants last year so they could move up from #20 to #11 to pick justin fields. Bears sucked this year so their 1st rd pick is #7 overall, giants have the #5 and 7 picks in the first rd. They might trade down with another team who wants a QB otherwise I guess giants will go for linemen (Off or Def) or maybe receiver.

Some people do seem to get an energy boost from cannabis, it does have a mellowing effect that may be good for doing monotonous labor. But if you do too much or especially with edibles then that would put anyone out.

Going after bin laden who was in Afghanistan initially was a no-brainer, but spending hundreds of billions to try to develop infrastructure and a working democratic govt was basically pissing money down the drain. The British in the 1800’s controlled large parts of Afghanistan for decades before giving up, like u said the Russians invaded it in the 80’s before getting tired of fighting the insurgency. It’s just a big ‘ol country with a lot of ornery people who don’t like being told what to do by foreigners. Kind of like the American South in a way.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

a common misnomer is there is one unified afghanistan
its actually a loose collection of tribal areas with a very weak central goverment
you got it right about it being a place filled with mean people; human rights and western values...
ha
the same could be said about some partsd of europe, where the value of life is cheap and they would jump at any glimer of home
/clicks link and helps several "slavic" brides; hey man, im just doing my part
//sets up "refugee camp" in drive way while mrs is away at work
i know weed can effect you in all different ways and i probably smoke way too much for any type of hope
one or two hits would get you going and maybe three puts you in the zone, but im the guy who smokes the whole bowl and loads another one before realizing how stoned i am
i think if you are picking mid draft a lot of value is in the ol/ wr range
you get guys who can grow intoa spot at a decent value
i hope the rams pick up an ol player
the draft looks top heavy wiht ol/ dl and wr but you negver know
we will see how any trades shake out;maybe 9ers trade debo in the first round to move up

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, same with Iraq when the US overthrew Saddam, loyalties there were split along religious and tribal membership (sunni, Shiite, baath etc) and if the US sided with one the other side would get pissy. Honestly it’s really hard to do nation-building with a willing party, with a mostly hostile country it’s generally impossible unless you commit for decades.

I think Ukraine was a popular source for ‘mail order’ brides, maybe now even more so with the refugee situation. Maybe now with the Russian economy in the tank we’ll get even more mail order brides from Russia.

My tolerance was crazy high back in the day as well, I was smoking a lot of dabs (cannabis oil). You still do a lot of ice hash?

Supposedly the jets are interested in Deebo, they have the #2 overall pick so im not sure they want to give up that for him. He had a great year last year but before that he was often injured plus he wants a contract in the 25M+ range.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
ready for some fun, natural fun

draft day is here and im ready for the action to kick off
looks like they are going to be showing it on tv tonight (abc)
i might tune in for the fun and see if there are any blockbuster trades
/ sips vodka and tea and falls asleep in front of tv
the age of colonialism is over so there is no way to help half th world
if the us had occupied iraq/ afg and set up a legit goverment they would be a lot better off
but trying this nation building shit is stupid, they arent americans and most dont see things our way
some want change and modern things, while others want things the way they were (=100y ago)
if you dont mess with their religion and thier women you should do fine but what was our end game
there will never be democracy in the middle east
i stll smoke a fair amount of hash and enjoy plent of bud; plus the eatables/candy
so the kid is into vr stuff for his work
he works for a company that creates vr walk throughs for people who build shit, like buildings office spaces or houses
he got some new occulis2 last night and it was a trip
i rememeber having one a while back where you put your cell phone into this box and could play games
i would do this fishing game mostly but it was rad, you could lke look around 360+ and see all kinds of weird shit
i dont know if im ready to jump into the br world but i could see hwo this would become a real thing one day

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Not sure if the titans trading AJ brown to the eagles or the ravens trading Hollywood brown to the cardinals are considered blockbuster trades (both went for mid 1st rd picks) but it seems like this offseason is the year of the WR. More trades, bigger contracts, more drafted, I guess with the pass happy game the WR market is catching up to the QB market.

Didn’t the US set up working govts in both Iraq and Afghanistan? The problem is both went to crap as soon as the US pulled their military out (ISIS invaded Iraq, Taliban took over Afghanistan).

Trying to impose democracy on people who only respect tribal and religious affiliations is a lost cause. Heck democracy barely works here in the US and that’s our bread and butter.

Ive seen those VR tours of houses for sale and that’s a cool gig, ur right, pretty soon VR/3D stuff is going to be ubiquitous.

Today is day 2 of the draft and both our teams get to make 3rd rd picks, we’ll see if they pan out. Also only 1 QB was selected in the 1st rd, the Pitt QB chosen by the steelers. Malik willis will probably go quick in the 2nd rd, people thought he would be a top 10 pick since he’s a poor man’s josh allen.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
pros and cons of hitchhiking

so i guess this year was the year of linemen and wr
a lot of th top picks were either dl/ol and wr positions
a fancy first round qb malik willis fell to what? the third round
you are spot on abput how a goverment is only as strong and the will of the people
the us did set up working western gov in both countries but once we pulled out there was little backing from the population
esp the ones who want chaos
people act against their own self interests on the reg, you can only lead a horse to water so many times
this vr shit is kind of neat but a little disorienting
it still looks fake but i can remmeber geeking out to nintendo games back in the day thinking to myself how rad they were
look at us now and how far cgi has come along
hope you are having a great start to the month of may

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think this year was the first time in 25 yrs that a QB didn’t go in the first 15 picks. Spencer Rattler, the Oklahoma QB, was thought to be a top draft pick but he ended having a down year, lost his starting job and ended up transferring to south Carolina instead of being an #1 pick.
Next draft we have the alabama and ohio state QB’s being draft eligible and they will probably go #1-#2, so some teams you see tanking next year they're doing it for a QB.

Baker wasn’t traded during the draft and the panthers drafted the ole miss QB in the 3rd round. I guess seattle is still a possibility.

Bears started trading back on day 3 to pick up extra picks, think they ended up with three 6th rd and three 7th rd picks, guys like that often don’t make the team but sometimes you find a diamond in the rough.

How do you move around in VR? Do you just point and click something so you can walk forward or backwards?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
living on video

yes, there are a couple controlers you have in your hands and the one in the rh had this like laser pointer on it that you could aim and then click a button to move
in the fishing game i played you dident really move but would cast the rod with a flick of the wrist
the rams did some late trades too but like you said, these guys have a long raod ahead of them but who knows how they play in camp/ preseason
we will see what happen to baker but i dont see him being happy in cle, plus they have brisette to play until d.watts can clear his problems up with the league
so here is a fun question for you, what would you do if you had $50 to spend on anything you wanted?
/my weed and drank are covered so scratch those off the list
how about $100 (what about $500?!)
skys the limit my man

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
The rams didn’t draft till the 3rd rd but with their 1st pick they got an O-lineman from U of Wisconsin, they usually produce good linemen. They drafted a bunch of def backs (2 safeties and 2 corners) so I guess they wanted to beef up their secondary, but they also got a RB in the 5th rd, kyren Williams from Notre Dame. With Cam, Darrell and now kyren they’re pretty deep at RB, they didn’t draft any WRs though, and after Cooper and Van Jefferson they’re kind of thin at receiver now that woods is gone. They might still resign OBJ though.

Now begins the 2nd half of free agency where any players you sign wont count against your compensatory picks: if you lose a player to initial FA then you get a compensatory pick (like in the 3rd rd of next year’s draft) but if you sign some free agents then you lose that compensatory pick unless you sign them later in the offseason like now.
All the top guys got signed or traded already but now the middle class and lower tier of FA’s will see some activity.

It will be interesting to see what VR and the metaverse become in 5-10 years, if it does become really popular or not. I remember back in the 80s 3D and hologram movies and games were kind of cutting edge popular, and then 3D movies made a comeback in the 10’s after Avatar.

$50? An eighth of bud. $100? Not sure, maybe a decent steak dinner for 2? $500, an ipad.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
begin the day with a friendly voice...

yes, i remember the 3d craze from back in the day and had fun with it
like at first you had those red and blue glasses that producted a depth effect; fast forward to polarized 3d and a big jump to the next level
i liked it and the best 3d i ever saw was at seas world, a thing they had with air and seat effects plus the 3d
it was rad but i dont know if it will evr become mainstream
/i know more ahna a few people who felt it unsettling
i know, why did the rams draft a rb with so much tallent on the roster
my only thought is they are hoping he can play speciall teams
i would like to see them bolster the roster atwr, but that is because i dont think you can hvae too many good wr on the field
/plus they usually make decent special teams players
hopefully thi is where things get interesting for the rams but i kind of think they are in a holding pattern and kind of have their hands tied with no top draft picks and a lot of money on the table
thy ahve the tallent so i guess we will see how they work it
i thought about a great dinner too! i have a b'day coming up and was thinking i could take me and the mrs out for a nice meal
we will still eat good but i might get a lift for my truck
i was looking into body lifts as opposed to suspension lifts; but im not pushing anything off the table at this point
/any ideas on either of these mods?
have you been able to check out any of the usfl action, how about that other league; the fan controlled stuff
let kick some ass this week brother!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I remember those red and blue glasses too, the 3D effect they gave wasn’t that great, kind of disorienting actually, but I guess back then it was cutting edge. Those were the days of Betamax vs VHS tapes, remember those? I guess Beta was higher quality but for some reason VHS won the popularity contest, maybe because it was cheaper?
And people rarely use even DVDs anymore because it’s all streaming now.

It was a 5th rd pick they used on a RB, maybe they didn’t like any of the WR’s at that spot, all the special ones were gone by rd 2 probably.

Mcvay does like to use the run game to set up the pass, maybe this means that Darrell Henderson is gone after this year. Plus tyler Higbee, who was injured during their superbowl run, is a good #3 receiving option behind cooper and van.

Im not familiar with lifts at all, except for the fact that you want to get one if you do a lot of off-roading, need that high clearance. I guess you also want to beef up a suspension if you plan on putting a lot of weight on your vehicle. Is it possible for you to do some of the work at home? It might just entail a lot of heavy duty wrench work, but ideally you would want a proper lift for the vehicle so you can work under it easily.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Yeah, same with Iraq when the US overthrew Saddam, loyalties there were split along religious and tribal membership (sunni, Shiite, baath etc) and if the US sided with one the other side would get pissy. Honestly it’s really hard to do nation-building with a willing party, with a mostly hostile country it’s generally impossible unless you commit for decades.

I think Ukraine was a popular source for ‘mail order’ brides, maybe now even more so with the refugee situation. Maybe now with the Russian economy in the tank we’ll get even more mail order brides from Russia.

My tolerance was crazy high back in the day as well, I was smoking a lot of dabs (cannabis oil). You still do a lot of ice hash?

Supposedly the jets are interested in Deebo, they have the #2 overall pick so im not sure they want to give up that for him. He had a great year last year but before that he was often injured plus he wants a contract in the 25M+ range.
In college I knew an older girl from Ukraine...she wasn't really hot but so so. She had a wierd Russian wart thing on her face. I tried to have sex with her but nothing. She was here on a student VISA. She ended up marrying another dork who was older and working on his master's. She then came out as Jewish. What? Now lives in Texas with the husband and 2 kids and posts videos on Facebook about teaching her kids Jewish traditional stuff like on holidays and stuff. I dodged a bullet!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

man i totally remember betamax, vhs; rember those laser disks they used to have too?
i thought those were the shit, we dident have it but a neighbor did
/this was when our tv broke and i dident have tv for a long time
i do a lot more streaming now then ever before and have gotten into a few shows with the mrs
/ever see that saul show?
but i still have a few of my favorite movies on disk and hang on to them; yeah im that guy
i had new shocks/ struts put on the truck but might want to get her leveled out
/by raising the front end it helps with handling and makes the truck look bad ass
its not something i would want to do myself and will gladly pay the money to have this done by a pro
not much new football stuff going on, the low grade beaver tranqulizers are sort of kicking in i guess

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
A weird Russian wart thing? Like Baba Yaga?
It’s probably more work but inter-religious relationships often manage to work out, I’ve known catholic-jewish marriages, or protestant-muslim marriages. Maybe just take the best parts of each religion and pass that on to your kids.

I remember laser disc but never owned a player and don’t even know if ive ever seen one played. I guess they were pretty high end stuff and were quickly replaced by DVDs because of cost issues.
I saw most of the first season of the Saul goodman show because I was a fan of Breaking Bad where his character first appeared. I stopped keeping up with the Saul show but I hear it’s on its last season and people really like it so I may have to binge it to catch up.

Raising the front end helps with handling just in general, or more specifically for off-road stuff?
I figure anyone who takes their 4x4 off road regularly has to make sure the undercarriage (suspension, etc) is in good shape, don’t want to break something 2 hrs away from the nearest AAA. But youre probably not carrying a bunch of weight out there, just a couple humans and some camping supplies, not like you have a pop up camper in the flatbed or anything that heavy.

Speaking of beaver tranquilizers, AZ probably knew of Hopkins’ 6 game suspension ahead of time which is why they traded their 1st rd pick for Hollywood Brown. They still have to deal with a disgruntled kyler murray, who wants a fat extension this offseason or may demand a trade.
They were like the last undefeated team last year, started off 7-0 and people were talking superbowl. Kyler sprained his ankle against the packers in a week 8 loss and they went 4-6 the 2nd half of the season, ending in a bad playoff loss to the rams. Just shows you how quickly things can change in the nfl, in Nov theyre riding high, by Feb theyre worried about losing their QB.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

yeah things cange on a dime in the nfl and kyler exemplified that last season
monday you are cockk of the yard and tuesday you are a feather duster
cards have a great team on paper but play in the nfc.w with a lot of big fish
we will see how k.mur grows this year and if he is able to jump from good to great
/or great to goat depending on how you see him
the nux thing was a huge joke for me and i dragged the mrs down the rabit hole of fake news
arent these guys supposed to have insider access? why not get some solid sources together before running with a story?
i dident know saul was a spin off from breaking bad? but i can see the parallels now that you point it out in some ways
we are on like season two-three so i guess there is planty left to go but i dont like how the story jumps from this guy to that guy
i called orw 9off road warehouse)a solid place here in san diego and the cost to level her out brings a lot of bang for the buck
they recommend a torsion bar key swap that would be well with in the budget
yes, raising the front end improves handling but also gives the trucka more nose up look
/bad ass
those are next week things to worry about, im ready to get rowdy for this weekend!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think kyler starts off great but the past 2 seasons got injured mid year (2 years ago it was a shoulder I think, and last year it was his ankle) and the performance dropped off; the concerns about his size making him more injury prone are real.
U also make a good point that they were in the toughest division in football last season, the NFC championship featured 2 teams from the NFCW. Seahawks might be on a rebuilding year this season, however.

Saul Goodman was a minor character in Breaking Bad, I don’t think he showed up till like season 2 or 3. I do like the character of Ehrmantraut, the former cop who’s now working for organized crime. He’s very capable and knows a lot of stuff/has a lot of experience. Really makes you wonder that cops and criminals are similar in many ways, they just work on opposite sides of the law.

That’s cool that youre making improvements to the truck. Do you have a name for it? You should give it a name, like Trucky McTruckface.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
greased lighting

hahah, yes the truck does have a name
/all the rides have names
we call her sweet-t; kind of named after that girl from always sunny in philly sweet d and also because the T' stands for truck
plus she came from texa where they drink sweet tea all the time
i like tea but dont put sugar in mine
you could be right about how kylers size makes him more injury prone
we will see how he plays this season but i like az on several levels and think they could be competative, esp if kyler can play a full season
sf is kind of the wild card, but i like them more than sea
rams are going to hang in there hopefully but will have a tough schedule and a rebuilt front o line
cant wait for some pre season action so we can see who is who this year
i never got into breaking bad, but have like the first few seasons on disk
/the mrs gets a lot of free stuff
i thnk you may have a great point about how cops and robbers are two sides of the same coin
most people who commit crimes are just normal people who broke the law, but there are some career criminals in the world
kindof reminds you of that thing in boston where bulger was in the pocket of the feds, or was it he other way around?!

lets hear your taeks doob!
i think your pawts are in for a tough year and the milk and honey days of greatriot nation may be in the past
no bawdy suffahs like a ne fan

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
That name actually makes a lot of sense. Ive never really watched IASIP but seen some pretty funny clips from it, and theyre still making new episodes? Impressive.

If kyler and jj watt can stay healthy for the whole season (big if) I think they’ll win 11 games at least, even in the NFCW – maybe go 1-1 with both rams and niners.

The niners want to move on from garappolo but im not sure trey lance is ready. Then again if he improves a lot this offseason and in camp maybe he’ll put up good numbers and they’ll be contenders again.

Andrew whitworth retired after the superbowl and he was still a top LT even at 40. They extended joe noteboom, their 3rd rd pick from 2018, and he’ll take over at LT but you have to think that at best it’s a slight downgrade.
Plus they traded their 2nd and 3rd rd picks this year for von miller, who left for the bills. The title was worth it but that’s more young and cheap talent given up to make it happen.

Because it’s part of their job, cops have more knowledge of the criminal underworld than probably some criminals do. So not surprising that a cop would be a very successful criminal after retirement, even more so because they know how cops work and can better avoid investigations.

Both the bears and patriots were mostly considered to have bad drafts (like bottom 5) because the bears didn’t draft any receiver help for Fields (they reached on one in the 3rd round who’s mostly known for KR/PR) and the patriots reached on an OT in the 1st rd (rams coach Mcvay said they were looking at the same guy thinking he’d be available in the 3rd). Then again the seahawks 2012 draft was initially rated very poorly too (D grade) and they only got 2 HOF players in that class (Russell Wilson and bobby wagner).

Latest posts

Latest posts