What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Rams were only favored by 3.5 in what was essentially a home game for them so a lot of people thought the bengals would be very competitive. I thought the rams would win but was scared of the bengals passing attack and their opportunistic defense (not a great D but they’ve been getting a lot of turnovers lately)
But u make a good point, Pop, it looked like a blowout for the rams early on, going up 13-3 in the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] qtr, but then OBJ got hurt and the rams offense got shut down for a almost 2 qtrs and the bengals took the lead.

Sucks that the cats ruined your enjoyment of the game, I normally like cats even though ive never owned any myself. At least you got to watch the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] half.

I enjoyed the hip-hop/rap themed halftime show but dang it if all these songs aren’t 20 years or older. But I guess they’ve had bands recently who play hits from the 70’s and 80’s for the halftime show so that’s not unusual, just makes me feel old haha.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yes! it was a great game and fairly competative untill the end
at one point i thought the bengals had a legit shot but the rams kupped the victory in the end
that sucks about all the distractions hawk! i had to watch the gmae in a cat house too and just knew they were rooting for the bengals
i got to watch some game out in cowboy country and the people i met were actually some good folks!
loved their football and enjoyed the game with only a touch of homer pride
lets hope that next year you can wach the big game in a more positive enviroment, surrounded by good food and drinks my man

i actually do have a driving song list i like to play
the stereo in the truck has a usb connection so i load up a stick with hundreds of songs and just let it play
it has everything from classic rock to hard core rap on it
i make a new songs like every few weeks, but its always heavy on beastie boys and stuff like that
its funny you mentioned being safe around some of these places
some of them had this sketchy vibe and i would wait outside for the mrs when she went into shops or to use the rest rooms, but in the wild i would just let her roam free knowing there werent any people who would mess with her
i actually wanted to pull a nail out of one of the adobes we went to, you could tell it was hand made and i thought it was super cool
you are right that deadwood is up north, i was thinking tombstone it turns out
still very cool and it would be fun to camp out over night by a real abandoned town
j'ram is one of the top cover corners in the league and has the ability to lock things down against the bext in the game
but he can be burned, especially against a big fast reciever and like you said cost a pretty penny
i think the rams should have a pretty interesting roster next season but this was their year
i bet krunky' (hes back in la now) is penting his fingers and counting all his wifes billions, and now he has a cool new super bowl ring to show off to his cabal of ube rich friends

loved the half time show and enjoyed the dre tribute!
it really was the music of a generation
california love! (and $5 a gallon gas) to all

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I was wondering if you had seen any games while on your trip. The cowboys lost their playoff game vs the 49ers, whose defense shut down dak and that passing offense for most of the game. I guess the controversy at the end was that the ‘boys called a QB run with 20 secs left and no timeouts and they couldn’t snap and spike the ball in time to get one shot into the end zone. But jerruh jones is going to keep all his coaches (mccarthy and both coordinators) for next year to run it back again, even though I think they’ve only won like 2-3 playoff games total since they won the superbowl 3 times in 4 yrs in the early to mid 90s.

I figure you would hook up your phone to the stereo via USB but a flash drive works too, plus you don’t have to keep disconnecting/reconnecting whenever you leave the truck.
Yeah tombstone is the town in Arizona. I do like the Tombstone movie from the 90s with kurt Russell, val kilmer etc. That movie is almost 30 yrs old now, damn. Bill Paxton died during heart surgery 5 yrs ago, kurt Russell and val kilmer got old and fat (well Russell is still in ok shape for his age but kilmer really let himself go for a while) and strangely sam Elliott almost looks the same in his late 70’s as he did in his late 40s haha. He stars in this streaming series called 1883 and he just looks like an older, wrinklier version of his tombstone character.

Rams have a big offseason coming up; both sean mcvay and AD might retire (doubt it though), OBJ is a free agent and has a torn acl, Stafford is in the last year of his deal paying him 23M which is a good deal for an elite QB but he’ll want an extension this offseason (he’s 34 and probably has a good 4-5 yrs left at least), von miller is a free agent and might want 18-20M a year (top edge guys get 25M/yr but he’s no longer a top 5 guy even though he came up big in the superbowl), they don’t have any 1[SUP]st[/SUP] rd picks for the next 5 yrs but the GM does pretty well with mid-low round picks. Not sure if any experts will have the rams as the favorites next year unless they can bring everyone back, even then OBJ probably wouldn’t play till mid season at least.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i think dak was kind of off mark trying to run that ball at the end of the game and should have slid sooner, plus but there was some talk about the ref taking his sweet time to spot the ball and let them get the last play off
the 9ers looked like a great team down the stretch but i doubt they are bringing back jimmy'g so that is that
k.murray will grow another year and hopefully the team will learn about finishing strong
the rams have some big contracts to sign but i think they were going all in last season and will start the rebuild at some point here
i have heard all the retire on top rumors but am not paying them much attention
i liked obj, but he just wasnt on the field enough to even think about bringing back unless it is on very team friendly terms
i would like to see money.stafford return, but like you said now he is super bowl chapion and might want a lot more money
/even thoe it was the rams that made him; take a good deal and try and put together another winning season
c.kupp seems content to be the #1 reciever but i could see him wanting more money somewhere down the line
speaking of tombstone, that was filmed close to where i was staying in tx, in a place called canadia (thats how it sounded when i heard people talk about the place)
i guess sam elliot hung around downtown amarillo because it was was the closest "big" town so he and his crew would come down and hang out
one guy i watched football with told me about a speak easy in down tomwn that he saw him at
he dident go up and bother the guy but said you could tell it was him
the flash drive is cool and i can just leave it in the truck, plus it holds something like 8+gigs of music
it looks like we are in for some rain this week and i have some ribs i want to cook up here soon, might have to get that done tomorrow
plus me and the mrs are talking about heading out camping this weekend
i was crying about being bored this past weekend with no football to watch and she said why dont we go camping next week!
i wanted to go to the desert <the same place we have been going lately) but she sugested trying someplace new
we will see where we end up but i cant wait to check it out
kick ass this week brother!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, there were a bunch of things Dak could have done better at the end of the game: slide down sooner instead of trying to get another 5-8 yds, hand the ball to the ref instead of spotting it himself (ref has to touch the ball before it can be snapped), not bumping the ref when he tried to get to the ball in the center’s hands, etc. But even if they did get one extra play off, who knows if it would have resulted in a TD; they were still 20yds from the end zone and the niners D was playing great. Im also not surprised that they beat green bay at Lambeau, like u said, that D was on point during the playoffs.
We’ll see if the 49ers go with trey lance their prize rookie next season or if they can miraculously pull off a trade for Rodgers – doubt GB will want to trade him in conference.

Youre right, Rams have been all-in the past 3 years, gunning for that title, and it finally panned out. I guess whatever happens from here on out they’ll still have that ring. But with Stafford and kupp and AD and ramsey, they’re still a playoff caliber team even if they lose a bunch of other good players.
Kupp is on a 3 yr, 16M/yr deal that has one year left, so both Stafford and kupp can play out next year before their current deals run out. But u make a good point, they’re both worthy of much bigger deals (Stafford at 40+M/yr and Kupp at 20+M/yr). They have such good chemistry together though I expect the rams to resign both this offseason.
OBJ’s injury might mean the rams can resign him to something very reasonable this year (5M?) but there’s a chance he doesn’t come back till almost December or something. But like u said, it’s not like he was a big part of their offense this past year, not till the playoffs at least. If Robert woods can come back from his own ACL injury by week 1, that offense will be alright, especially with a healthy cam akers all year.

That’s cool that tombstone was filmed in TX, what I don’t get watching all these old westerns is that theyre all in places like TX and AZ that are 90+ degrees during the summer and everyone’s wearing pants and long sleeves and vests and even jackets. Im surprised they weren’t soaked in sweat all the time. But maybe it’s like arabs in the desert, you have to cover up your whole head and body else the sun will burn the crap out of you.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
devo; gates of steel

happening baba! hope you are having a great week and working your way through the post football hang over
you make a good point about the costumes in these shows like 1899, how they dressed in long sleeves and a vest when i was hot outside
/and inside for that matter, they dident have any way to cool their enviroment
part of it i think is hollywood bullsh!t, the costume designer just thought it looked cooler/ more period for the show
but also like the arab, you need to cover yourself up when out in the sun or you will fry
my first experience with the tx sun was an eye opener and i got a deeper darker coloring than i would have gotten here in socal
the sun is much more intense in some places and the only way to not burn is to cover up
so we found a new primitive site to camp plus they have bouldering stuff close by!
/kind of like joshua tree where the campsites are close to large rock formations
i cant wait to get out there and see what we find this weekend
interested to see what becomes of a.rog this off season
he still has a few good throwns left in him but he is getting up there in years
/plus what would green bay look like w/o him?
i think the rams are going to bring back a good core of players but i expect the nfc.w to be hot again this season
dallas is dallas and they will cheer a 0-17 team, but i think they have some potential
what are your plans for the off season? it should be getting warm there soon and once things thaw out the world will be your oyster!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Im enjoying having more nights and sundays free, and been enjoying some NBA lately too, so for now I don’t miss football too much. I guess some of the spring football leagues might start up soon (although the xfl wont start till next year), and the draft combine is next week (underwear Olympics, kind of meh really) and then the draft is in April and free agency starts in March. Like u said, maybe Rodgers and Russell Wilson get dealt in blockbuster trades (broncos and steelers? Bucs? Where does jimmy G go?).

I’m thinking a lot of pictures taken from the old west era showed people in full clothing: pants, button down, jacket or vest, etc. Maybe they got dressed up for the picture but also, like u said, gotta cover up that skin from the sun. If it’s 95F and youre in the sun, even if youre in t-shirt and shorts you’re going to be hot.
I was in dallas in November years ago and they had a heat wave, it was legit high 90’s and I was walking around downtown (having visited the jfk shooting museum) and it was so hot I felt that if you were in the sun for a half hour you’d have heatstroke, one hour and you’d have to be hospitalized/close to dying. Saw a dude wearing a suit walking around (maybe a lawyer?) and felt sorry for him; he was walking quickly though and not many people were out at that time so I think natives know better than to be outside much when it’s that gawdawful hot out.
Maybe when youre a native to the heat you don’t drink much so you don’t sweat as much? Like keep yourself slightly dehydrated so you don’t lose that much water?

Rams are playing with house money now that they have a Lombardi in the trophy case, but ur right, NFC west should be the best division in football again assuming Russell Wilson doesn’t leave. I hear kyler is having some issues with his team though but he’s still a transcendent player when healthy so will be interesting to see what happens with them.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
chilli peppers

hey hey brother, hope you had a great week and are looking at an even better weekend
we might not be going out camping, i have an owwie i am going to take care of but we will head out next week for sure
in the meanwhile i will be spending my time fighting russian cyber attacks (not really) and rallying for the ukraine (not really)
you are totally right about how the rams are riding high right now
but is it a time to coast or try and draft/cultivate the next gen guys?
one ram will not be leaving the flock; it looks like mcvey might have gotten paid biggly
/after some noise about him going to amazon to host content?!?
i like the nfc.w but i feel like we are moving into a pretty competative era of football with a lot of the old guard retiring and opening the door for the new young guns
its still early to make any picks and we will see how some things shake out during the off season but you can hang your hat on teams like kc all the way, i think az will be a step better, and buf
i saw its the all star game for the nba, who do you like? are you a bulls fan
i dont really watch the combine but will geek out with the numbers after the fact, but with these weird covid preempted seasons its hard to gague tallent right now
i think the reason they wore those clothes in those pics was those were their best duds,not for comfort
those old cameras were so slow (not just the camera but the media they used), that you had to sit still for so long
tx heat is something but like you said, the natives have it down
you do cover up a lot in really strong sun/ stay out of direct sun and wear loose clothing more
you want to replace as much water as you can, plus salt and things like that you sweat out as well
you are right abuot not doing much in the middle of the day, dude in the suit must have worked in a climate controlled office and was just "in transit"
i love the desert and a good dry heat, dont get me going about heat and humidity
thats cool you went to the jfk museum! was it in the old book depository? could you see the window where he was shot from
it sounds interesting and i like history places
its the weekend brother
send it

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah if youre not feeling physically well enough to hike, best to let it heal fully, worst thing you can do to an injury is aggravate it.
Some crazy news coming out of Ukraine and Russia, things might be worse before they get better. You think the Ukrainians can actually win?

Supposedly mcvay wanted a tony romo like deal (15+M/yr to announce nfl games) but ur right, it was probably just a ploy to get a bigger contract from the rams.
Rams are playing with house money now that they’ve won the superbowl; even if they don’t make the playoffs next year (don’t think this is likely) or are a 1[SUP]st[/SUP] rd exit the fans shouldnt be too disappointed. It’s tom brady and the patriots that kind of twisted people’s expectation of what a championship team should be, they want dynasties, not single championships.

Im a bulls fan for the most part but the 10 yrs after Jordan retired were rough, they were basically the worst team in the league. Then derrick rose became MVP and they were good again but Lebron was on the Heatles then and I knew they would never get past the Heat, then Rose got injured and they were bad again for a bit (but not as bad as before) and now having signed Lonzo ball, Demar Derozan and alex caruso they’re good again. But even still, I don’t think they’ll get past Milwaukee (defending champs), Philly or Nets in the eastern conference. But at least they don’t suck haha.

You make a good point that picture taking was so rare in the old west that people got dressed up for it. And yeah, I think it’s cowboy culture in the Old West, and cowboys aren’t wearing shorts and tshirts. You need pants/jeans to protect your legs, and long sleeves and even jackets sometimes when you’re working a ranch, riding past trees/brush, etc.

Yeah, that dude I saw walking around in a suit in 95F looked like a lawyer, had a briefcase and was probably going from court back to his office. And the JFK museum was in the old book depository, wasn’t that big of a museum actually, but it was on the 6[SUP]th[/SUP] floor and you could see where Oswald was when he shot from the window. It was an alright museum experience, obviously limited in scope but done well.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
pantera: mouth for war

whos ready for some baseball?!
/i rember the strike from the 90's and it was a turning point in the game
turns out the mrs had this tummy bug that spread like russia and got us all sick this weekend
hurt leg and sick belly were highlights of my weekend, plus this b'ball shit
im not a fan but it kind of shines a bad light on the game
/i understand im crying for bazillionaires, the players make money but the owners make even more
i remember those jordan years! he recreated the game of b'ball and i think he is the t'brady of he round ball
/coll story, when i was younger and would travel overseas, i would go to the local card shop and buy a box of jordan cards
than i would just give them out to kids i met, like f'n gold brother
i dont watch much basketball so i dont know who these guys are, but if you would be willing to school an old guy on the sport im all ears
i used to watch, but that was during the chick hearns era
-The game's in the refrigerator, the door's closed, the light's out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah I vaguely remember the MLB strike in the 90s, where the entire 94 postseason was canceled. My friend who was a big baseball fan until that time soured on the game after that, well that and the steroids era too.
I guess the current lockout is the first labor strife since then? Kind of amazing they lasted over 15yrs without another strike.
One of the issues that MLB players have is that it takes 6yrs of major league service time before they can become a free agent and get paid a huge contract (if they’re good). First 3 years they make the league minimum or more, next 3 years they can do salary arbitration where they can get paid nicely but still probably ½ or 1/3 what they can make in free agency. It’s why I think the cubs had to trade most of their good young players that won them the world series in 2016, they knew they couldn’t afford several players each making 25-30M a year.
Fernando tatis jr agreed to an extension with the padres last year after only 2 years of service time but it was basically a lifetime contract (14yrs, takes him to 36 years old) and pays him 24M/yr, which is a bargain over the long haul so long as he stays healthy (guys like mike trout and top pitchers make 35M/yr).

Jordan in the 90’s was one of the most famous people in the world, along with Michael Jackson and Princess Diana. Unreal levels of fame, but it took its toll on him, you can’t go out and walk around without being mobbed.
NBA playoffs will start in a bout a month or so, that will be interesting, lakers are bad, warriors are good again, philly and Brooklyn nets made a huge trade and both could be in the mix for a title (well philly looks like it, ben simmons has yet to play for the nets).
If you’re not into roundball that much I’d honestly just try to watch some highlights of Inside the NBA on yt or something, it’s the halftime show for the nba broadcasts on TNT. They have Charles barkley and Shaquille o’neal on there and they can be pretty funny sometimes.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening brother! hope you have a great day
time change is coming up man and to me thats the unoffical start of spring so its time to rock and roll
the strick back in the day;that was about the time i quit baseball, i got fed up with the money being what drove the sport
dont get me started on barkley, i do a good impression and love the big mound of rebound
/just give the ball to the big man
the only bigger guy on the court was shaqdaddy but he blew up in all directions
/remember shaq foo?! kazamm
it rainging and storming here but it was kind of cool, t-storms are rad and we could use the rain

elvis costello, everyday i write the book

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Whew, you had me scared that the time change was happening this week, not next. Ok, next Sunday night we lose an hour of sleep, coo coo.
Yeah, whenever pro athletes strike it’s always a sense of millionaires vs billionaires crying over how poor they are, it’s like give me a break. But truthfully speaking, even among pro athletes not everyone’s a millionaire, especially in football where the avg career is like 3 years. And even in the nba and mlb, if you’re a marginal player your career in the show isn’t going to be that long either and you’ll be lucky to bank a few hundred K before you have to find a real job.

You getting a lot of rain and snow in cali the last few months? Hopefully that means less fires and more water in the reservoirs for the western US. Not that that affects you so much being so far south. Plus don’t you get a lot of your city water from desalination plants?

I think the nfl combine is over now, I hardly watched any of it, ur right it’s pretty boring. I think the real action starts next week when free agency begins. Maybe both aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson will be traded to new teams for a boatload of draft picks? Supposedly the packers offered a market setting deal to Rodgers today, which would be more than Mahomes’ 45M/yr deal. He is the reigning MVP and the packers were the #1 seed in the NFC, so I think there’s more than a 50% chance he re-signs with the green bay, but if he thinks he has a better chance to win another championship with another team…

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
rolling stones: rip this joint

hey hey baba! hope you are enjoying your last week of standard time brother
/get ready to wake up in the dark again for the next couple weeks
i think its stupid to f'with the clocks in a modern society, but hey, traditions and all
break out the check book brother! someone just got paid biggly
looks like a'rog got a record setting deal for the alst few years of his career; i mean seriously, how much longer can he play at this level
a'rog is playing for the money
but the big winner is...
wait for it....
seatle! unloading chef for a bushel full of picks and some ready to eat tallent by sending r.wil to denver
just like with manning, denver went all in hoping to be competative in the next couple years with a big move at qb
/but how long past his expiration date can russ still be fresh; a running qb takes a lot of hits
i bet'cha the nfc.w will be red hot this season but denver will be hoping to make the wild card
/$1500
so how about c.rid in atl?
hipocricy at its finest, the nfl calling out a player for gambling while they rake in all that sweet gaming money
/do as i say, not as i do
now we will see how heavy the rodge comes down on him with his one year suspension form the game
/costing him even more than he would have made if he won all the bets
but we gotta protect the integrity of the game!
/bad refs aside
scored biggly on some albino mushrooms for the mrs
she want to get buck wild for some hippy event ( a spring moon or solstice event or some shit like that) so we got a bag or two
cant wait for the fun to begin
hope you are having a great week my man and getting set for another great year
save up those pennies, you are going to needf them
gas is through the roof and lets not get started on the impact this wil have on inflation
but its summer time and soon the living will be easy
/except for the working class
lets kick ass and hope for bettr days ahead my friend

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, I was getting used to still having some daylight at 6pm, with the clocks going forward an hour this Sunday night guess darkness will come at 5pm. Still, it’s better than it was a couple months ago, in late December you’ll see it getting dark around 4pm which is always depressing.
I guess back in the old days people would just get up with the dawn and go to bed when the sun went down? Ur right, with electricity and light bulbs, no sense in changing the clocks twice a year, which was done to maximize daylight.

Rodgers is supposedly going to make 50M/yr for the next 4 yrs, 3 yrs fully guaranteed (150M), which is a crapton of money but for a 2x MVP QB not really an overpay. You make a good point, he’ll be 42 by the end of the contract, will he still be elite by then? I know Roethlisberger and Brees fell off hard when they hit 38 and 40 respectively, Peyton too when he hit 39, only Brady was able to still play at an elite level into his 40s. I know bears fans aren’t happy he’s staying with the packers but theyre consoling themselves with the fact that GB wont be able to afford as good of a team around him now.

At least peyton was a free agent when he signed with Denver so the donkeys didn’t have to give up a bunch of picks for him; I remember he was considering a few teams to go to but wanted to stay in the afc so as to not compete with eli in the NFC at least until they both made it to a superbowl.
U make a good point about the costs that Denver had to pay to get Russ, 2 first round and 2 second round picks plus 3 players, noah fant (TE) and Shelby harris (DT) are talented, starter worthy players but drew lock is back up material at best.
But I think they have to sign Russ to a contract extension in the next year or so, his current deal pays him 35M/yr till 2023. He’s going to want a 50M/yr deal like Rodgers has if he can continue to cook in Denver.
He’s only 33 so he’s got a good 5-6 yrs left in him; you make a good point about his durability but for a scrambler he’s always been good about sliding and avoiding hits. He does have a tendency to hold onto the ball too long trying for the big play downfield so he does take more hits than he otherwise would. It’ll be interesting to see what he can do this season, still got 3 good WRs in Courtland Sutton, jerry jeudy and tim Patrick, 2 good RBs in MGIII and javonte Williams, the O-line isn’t great at pass blocking though. The defense should still be pretty good even though they hired an offensive oriented Head coach after getting rid of Fangio.

It does suck for calvin ridley that he got suspended for a year over some nfl bets he made on an app. He was going to make 11M this year, the falcons had picked up his 5[SUP]th[/SUP] yr option, but now that’s delayed till 2023 cause he made like 1500 total in bets on nfl games. Ur right, NFL makes bank off gambler interest (they also have sponsorships with caesars, draftkings and fanduel) but rules are rules, he could have made bets on MLB or NBA or NHL, it’s pretty explicit that you cannot make bets on your own league, whether you’re currently playing or not (he was on injured reserve), whether you’re betting on your own team to win or not. To top it off I think they were like 5-8 team parleys, those things have a 0.1% to 5.0% chance of hitting so I doubt he won anything either. Maybe sitting out a year isnt the worst thing for him, he sat out half the season last year for mental health reasons so having another year to work on himself might do him good.

Yeah, I hear gas is like $5+ in Cali, and that’s not even premium? Does your truck guzzle a lot of gas, like 12-13mpg? That would almost make me want to go camping in a prius. Which might actually not be that bad, except for lack of 4WD, at least it has a big battery and you can charge up your devices even when it’s not running.

That’s cool that you scored some shrooms. I never could really stomach them (literally as well as figuratively) but maybe I should give hallucinogens another go? I don’t know, maybe I’m too uptight for hallucinogens, for some reason I get sorta freaked out when im on them. I like to get messed up as much as anyone but with weed or booze at least I feel like im in some sort of control, if that makes sense?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i think mgIII is a free agent this season and the donkos did not tag him so we will see what they look like going forward
you are toally rightt about them having some good hands around rus and with his mobility, hopefully the weak o'line wont be that much of a liability
just saw the chargers picked up k.mack from the bears
/no details on the trade but it frees up some cap space for chi i bet
they should have a pretty decent D especially if him and bosa can stay healthy but the afc.w is going to be tough
you will actually lose an hour of sleep in the mornings, (6a-->7a) but it will be light later in the day (6p-->7p)
i just dont abide by messing with time and i hear statistically they say these first few weeks there are more car crashes and health things
the truck actually gets really good mileage for what she is
a big 8 in her but she gets about the same or better than my old pathfinder did, my bil says there is some chip in it that will only use like 4 cylinders when she is just cruising along on the freeway so im getting like 20ish mpg
off road is another story but still not too bad
yeah man, gas here is at least $5/g, most places are like $5.50 and i heard of some places in la charging over $6
there is talk of postponing a gas tax increase and all kinds of things at the state level, but i have little faith in our great leaders
i have the same problem with fungi and stopped eatting them for a while,(even thoe i had a big old bag, i just let the mrs go at em)
but these were much different and a lot milder on the tummy
/but still tripp af
we are going to go all in this weekend and i even rolled up a couple extra fatties
things might get a little crazy this weekend and i cant wait
kick ass brother and enjoy the last of standard time!

REM, monty got a raw deal

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Dang, ur right, MG3 was on a 2 year deal with the broncos and he just finished his 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] year. Time flies. I think javonte Williams can be a workhouse back, he just finished his rookie year so he’s got fresh legs but if MG3 is willing to take a paycut (down to 5M/yr from 8M/yr) I could see them bringing him back, him and javonte were money down the stretch, maybe the best 1-2 punch at RB.

Joe burrow had a pretty awful O-line but with three great WRs it didn’t seem to bother him much till the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] half of the superbowl. If Chef Russ can get rid of the ball quick maybe he’ll have similar success. It will be interesting to see what the seahawks do for QB. They have geno smith and drew lock, both of them are pretty much backup material at best. Rumor is they might trade for deshaun watson, but that would probably mean they have to give up all the draft picks they got for wilson.

I was surprised at the Mack trade but it’s probably for the best. He had a great 1[SUP]st[/SUP] yr with the bears but hasn’t been that great since, and now is probably overpaid for what he produces. If he can return to form the chargers get a great edge rusher for an avg of 21M/yr for the next 3 yrs (he had a 6yr contract with the bears) to pair with joey bosa; bosa is making a ton of $ too but like u said there’s not a bad QB in the division and if staley can get them to wreck offenses it’ll be worth it. Bears get an extra 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] round pick this year (and a 6[SUP]th[/SUP] next year) which they’ll need because they gave the giants their 1[SUP]st[/SUP] rounder this year so they could move up to draft fields last year. Bears are in total rebuild mode with a new coach and GM so they need as many draft picks as they can get. I'm not too certain that the bears will finish next season with more than the 6 wins they had last year but if fields can do more positive things at QB ill be ok with that.

Ur right, we actually get an hour more of light instead of less so it wont get dark till 7 or so, and by late June we’ll still have a little daylight till 830. I guess it’s never a bad thing to have more sunlight.

Ur truck sounds like it has something like ecodrive, which Ford vehicles have, and honda has something similar, it turns off cylinders when you don’t need them. I hear sometimes that it’s more trouble than it’s worth, only saves 1-2mpg and has more risk of damaging the engine prematurely. But who knows? And im not sure it can be turned off anyway.

I think in IL when gas gets really expensive the state and local govts will reduce or eliminate their gas taxes but ur right, they can only do so much to control prices.

That would be nice to get some mushrooms that are easy on the stomach, maybe something I can look into later although the woman wouldn’t be down to let me grow that. Hope your weekend went well and you didn’t get too crazy. A little crazy is good, too much is no bueno.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
michael jackson, off the wall:

what a wild ride this weekend! lots of fun and good times, plus a ton of kick ass mexicn food
this d.watts thing still has a lot of ??? around it and i think sea would be better off keeping their hands to themselves
/i hear mia might be interested but they have a qb if things go south
i could see geno fighting for the starting job, but i think they will bring in someone new
there is a lot of decent filler talent at qb out there right now so we will see who the hawks pick up
chargers have a top qb and a good set of recievers, i think m.williams just signed a new deal
/another big body good hands reciever
i expect the chargers to be explosive this next season, but still bungle in the end
the defense should be that much better with k.mack addition, but how many games will he play?
russ in denver is a big move but we will see how they shake out in the afc.w
/if i had to pick two teams i would say l'cocks and kc
nd lets not sleep in cin, burrows is so dreamy //plus a mean D
how did you feel this morning waking up an hour earlier to darkness?!
i get up early already but it was a lot darker this morning than it was last week
it will be nice having that extra hour of light at the end of the day, that still qualifies as day drinking?!
these fun guys are the best and i am a albino lover, but only at night
kick ass baba! have a great day

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
That’s cool that you had a good weekend and got some good food. Have you ever tried Birria tacos? Theyre tacos that are traditionally made with goat meat, and fried crisp on a flattop and then dipped in a consommé made from the meat. Stuff looks like straight fire.
https://www. youtube.com/watch?v=-Pd9c-culP4
https://www. youtube.com/watch?v=q5NCgMlf-lA

I heard the panthers and saints want to meet with Watson now that the Houston DA isnt going to criminally charge him. Once he settles the civil suits with his many accusers, then he can start moving on with his career. A lot of people still hated Michael Vick after the dog fighting conviction, you think it’ll be the same or worse for Watson?

Supposedly Miami wanted Watson for a while now, that can’t make Tua feel good. Not sure what they’d do with Tua if they did trade for Watson, maybe Houston will take him, maybe they can flip him for a pick somewhere else?
I guess Geno didn’t do too poorly when he started for Russell last year, I do remember that 1[SUP]st[/SUP] game starting he threw a game ending INT, but that was maybe the WR falling down. He finished with a 5-1 TD-INT ratio, 700yds passing, and a 1-2 record (win against Jacksonville) so he’s at least a decent backup. Supposedly pete carroll likes his QB not to be the featured part of the offense, wants to rely on a good D and run game and if the QB has 25 or fewer pass attempts a game he likes that.

Carson wentz went to the Washington Commanders, trubisky is signing with the Steelers, I guess garapollo and Minshew might go somewhere too.

Yeah, chargers gave mike Williams a 3yr, 20M/yr deal, 2 yrs guaranteed. Seems like a bit of an overpay but Christian Kirk, the #2 WR on the cardinals, got 4yrs 21M/yr from the Jags so maybe not? Williams had some monster games with Herbert last year but also disappeared in a lot of games too; still, if he and Herbert can continue to develop their chemistry and he’s a consistent 1100-1200yd 10-12 td receiver it’s a fair value contract.
Khalil mack hurt his foot in week 3 and then had season ending surgery in week 7 but should be good to go by now, I’d be more worried if joey bosa can stay healthy all year.

Ur right, moving the clocks ahead you get more light at the end of the day, less in the early morning. It’s fine though, I don’t want a bunch of light when I first wake up, it’s a bit disorienting lol.

It was Pi day yesterday, 3.14, and 7-11 was selling pizzas for $3.14 each. I haven’t had 7-11 pizza, or their food in general, maybe ever so decided to try it out. Not bad, especially for 3 bucks, it was pretty much like frozen pizza except the crust was doughier (not bad thing). Biggest issue was lack of sauce so I have a jar of marinara in the fridge which helped a lot. I went cheap on the pizza last night but the beer I splurged on, it was a bourbon pecan stout. Lots of abv at 12% but it tasted too sweet and fake (butter pecan flavor) to me so overall didn’t like it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220314_204240.jpg Views:	1 Size:	144.2 KB ID:	18100043 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220314_203900.jpg Views:	1 Size:	145.4 KB ID:	18100045 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220314_212129 (2).jpg Views:	1 Size:	57.9 KB ID:	18100047

Attachments

• 20220314_204240.jpg
    20220314_204240.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 20220314_203900.jpg
    20220314_203900.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 20220314_212129 (2).jpg
    20220314_212129 (2).jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 30

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
more classic stones: hand of fate

those pies came from 7-11?!
man, i havent been to sev' since i was a little kid buying candy and football cards on my way to school
they dont look half bad
i can imagine they are like frozen you would get at the store, but cooked (a big plus) kind of like the mama celeste or something like that
/they have decent premade pizzas at vons esp if you get their store brand ones
does one have sausage and pepperoni on it? that looks grinding
i hear you about not being too into sweet beers, ive never heard of kringle stout but it looks promising
a stout is always a treat, weighing in at 12% but i dont like sweet stuff that much
a lambic is ok sometimes, but not something im going to drink a bunch of
i like the team of m.williams and k.allen;herbert is a gunslinger and has two targets who can go up and get after the ball
two big recievers who can go up and get the ball with good speed
bosa and derwin.james are the top charger defeders but i like adding k.mack
i saw trubs is now playing for pitt, i wonder if they think he is the real deal or just a filler qb?
they have a late pick in the first round (#20) and could draft a new qb; i hear they are also looking at d.haskins
rams cut their punter hekker...??? and im sure he will be picked up somewhere else in the league and the pats pick up some youngho
/former charger kicker youngho koo
i think d.watts stil has some value and will be picked up someplace
i actually like m.vivk
i love dogs but have been around the block enough times to know not all cultures/ people value life and some dogs are just dogs
/in some foreign places dogs are considered bad and dirty animals, in some asian cultures they think if you are a bad person in your previous like, you come backas a dog
d.watts was just a horney guy who wanted a little rub and tizz'ug, at least he wasnt killing animals
/this too shall pass
you kow ive had birria
both the goat kind ( not my favorite) and beef
its a style of cooking meat in a stew and is super good and savory, sweet usually with soem sour
one of my favorite taco places has them on the menu but i usually get the carnittas
if i went today (yeah i wish) i would get the milenesa
fried meat and beans wrapped in a fresh tortilla
sometimes i ask for the beans on the side and you get a fat buritto stuffed with fied meats plus a big thing of beans, all for the price of a simgle buritto
now im hungry and want to stuff my fat face with burittos and 7-11 pizza!
dont judge me! we all have dreams
kick as much ass as you can today baba!