What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Merry Christmas everybody! Today we got 2 games, CLE vs GB in the afternoon and IND v ARI in the evening. That ARI game will be a good one, see if they can keep their lead in the division over the rams.

Heh, I guess pooping in someone’s sleeping space is a good way to let them know they need to move along.
Did you track him to its lair so you could return the favor? Haha. “I’m leaving, ok, but here’s something to remember me by! Good luck trying to move it without hands.”

Here’s a yt video about street food gorditas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f96xfXCYIUM

I think what I got was very similar, but she definitely used some oil to cook the shells, they were definitely crispy even when cool, and also used more variety in the filling: veggies and such, not just meat and cheese. But I guess if you ask for gorditas at a Mexican restaurant you might get something similar, not sure if you can ask for it fried/deep fried and filled like a taco w/ veggies and meat but worst they could do is say no. If a place makes their own tortilla chips don’t see why they couldn’t dip a gordita shell in the fryer as well, it’s all just corn/masa.

I saw the halftime score and was surprised that TN came back to win it, but they were only down 10-0 at half so not an insurmountable lead. Like u said, AJ Brown had a huge game to bring them back. If anything, this game cements the idea that jimmy G is not coming back to the niners next year. He really hasn’t been that good all year so not sure if any team will want him as a starter, maybe he’ll have to accept a backup role with another team. It worked out for Tannehill, who was expected to be a backup when he was traded to TN but became the starter and signed another fat contract there.

No oranges in the pork but that’s a good idea, I guess if you wanted some citrus zing I could squeeze a lime or lemon over it. I think I just cooked it with a good amount of salt and that's it, I like salt with any meat but for pork I think it really brings out the flavor. You ever use MSG in your cooking? Bought a bag of it at the asian market and been using it a bit with salt, like 75-90% salt and 10-25% MSG. I think it makes the flavor pop even more, I dont tend to use MSG with meat though since meat itself already has enough umami or savory flavor.

The rice just had bit of salt, cilantro and lime juice on it.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hey hey baba! hope you had a great chirstmas holiday brotehr
i did joke about pooping in the foxes den but there were enough turds as it was; fox poo and rat poos
spealing of shitting the bed, whats up with az?! they lost another big one to the colts who could be a dangerous team in the playoffs
chargers also messed their pants and might be left sitting for the playoffs!?! raider nation anyone?
/but who cares about the chargers, have i said f'spanos lately
wft is a team in a deep hurt taking swings at their own team mates and im still a bill'ever!
rams are in and they are playing like the team they were expected to be at just the right time, but how deep can they go?
i like sony'm but wish akers was back
they dont have gorditas on the menu at most of the local taco shops but i might have to ask next time i go
i just remmeber when i was a kid one of my friends abuelita adding orange to her marinates and it always tasted amaxing
i dont mind a little msg in my cooking and i have this cavandish or some kind of greek seasoning i use that has it
i will often add that in place of salt to get that extra zing, from what i understand some poeple react to msg and others with blod preasure isuees cant really tolerate it
/i have no problem with it
so im packing my shit and ready to hit the road
i have a snikers bar and a bottle of gatoraid and im ready to roll
/that plus a shit ton of san miguel (my bil love that sdtuff) and a bunch of gifts
the dino is riding in the back and i might throw something over him
hope you are having a great holiday and looking forward to the enw year!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, rams are in 1[SUP]st[/SUP] place in the division with a win over the Vikings and an AZ loss. Stafford did not look that great in the win though, with 1td and 3 ints. If he has a game like that in the playoffs it’s going to be real hard to get a win.
Akers might come back for the playoffs, they activated him off the Injured Reserve list last week. That would be amazing to come back from an achilles tear in like 6 mths, not sure how good he’ll be but with sony and Darrell to split carries he can ease back into the workload if they make it deep into the playoffs.
AZ has lost 3 in a row now, losing to the rams and colts are understandable since they’re solid playoff teams but the DET loss was inexplicable. Their O and D look off at times, I know they lost Deandre Hopkins and JJ watt for the year but they still have a lot of talent.

I think sour oranges (bitter oranges) are used a lot in caribbean marinades, never knew oranges to be used in Mexican marinades but im sure there’s a lot of regional variation in south of the border cuisine. A little citrus never hurts with meat or fish (squeeze of lime before eating) and I actually do have a lot of oranges on hand so might have to add some if I cook another pork shoulder.
Christmas was alright, didn’t do much but did go to that selfish lady’s house for dinner. Here are some pics, we had t-bone steaks and spaghetti. She made my woman buy all the groceries again, jeez, I guess she did do all the work but it just rubs me the wrong way when she’s insisting “I’ll cook dinner but you have to pay for all the ingredients”. Like lady, how effing stingy can you be? Ive cooked plenty for my friends and don’t make them buy the groceries, that’s just like too in your face with demanding contribution. Normally you bring dessert or a bottle of wine or something, not make them go grocery shopping for everything. Anywho, I hope I don’t have to eat with them till next holiday season, or ever again, preferably.

20211225_153526.jpg
20211225_153655.jpg

How many hours a day you figure on driving? Sounds like a good sugar rush will energize you for hours at the wheel. I prefer caffeine myself although it makes you thirstier and also use the washroom more.

Attachments

• 20211225_153526.jpg
    20211225_153526.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 20211225_153655.jpg
    20211225_153655.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 29

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thats a half way decnt spread there and i like the spagetti and steak move, i like a little more sear on my meat but i dont know how she cooked it
/i like steaks and spagetti is always a win in my book, esp if you have a good gravy on
// where is go'joe?!
it is kind of chintzy asking for you to buy all the food, like you said, they invited a guest over
like you said, you bring a bottle of wine or a bunch of beer and a good side but paying for the groceries?1
next time ask them over and hit them with the bill at the end
i see a few other sides and to me the side can make a meal so at least there was that
yeah, $tafford looked off but the D was on, plu we are gettting good ground yard from sonny'm
/in todays back by committees game they arent doing half bad
i herad hondo is on the covid list so we will see if he plays
they canceled the holiday bowl at the last minute because of covid
/thatnks joe bden
wheels up in the next few hours and i cant wait nto get out to tx
im rolling out one deep so who knows what kinds of adventures i get into
im looking at about 14-16 hr drive time plus who know how long for the reat stops
hope you have a great week and are all ready for the enw year

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, it was her husband that cooked it, he did it outside on a weber grill but didn’t really sear it and also cooked it all the way through, lol. It wasn’t WELL done though so still pretty tender but yeah, guy obviously doesn’t do much grilling.

The spaghetti was alright but strangely very spicy and had a ton of onions in it. I like onions and it wasn’t overwhelming but more than I like, and the spiciness was just off putting. That’s the thing with this lady, she’s actually a good cook but her recipes are off enough where it’s just not that good to me; if she tweaked a small thing here or there it’d be A+.
Haha yeah, I should be like come over for pizza and then on the way here tell them to bring some pizza.

Haven’t seen GoJoe in a minute but hope his bets are doing well. I think the Fins favored by 3 over the Saints on MNF was easy money, Saints were starting their 4[SUP]th[/SUP] string QB and had a patchwork O-line, they won by 17. I played the Fins D in fantasy and they got me 25 pts (8 sacks, 2 ints, 1 defensive TD).

Rams have 11 wins so despite some uneven performances from Stafford they have a top 5 record in the league. When Stafford is on point they can beat anyone. Plus Stafford has historically not done well vs the Vikings, so maybe can excuse that performance.

Sounds like you wont be on the forums for a while so hope you have a safe drive there and back and a great time. 14-16 hour drive isn’t so bad, you could do that in a day if you fuel up on red bull and sugar, but breaking it up into 2 or even 3 days works also, can do some sightseeing on the road.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Hey Pop, hope youre doing well, not sure if youre still out in TX, I think you mentioned celebrating Valentines day while on vacation?

Rams lost in OT to the niners, think they’ve been 0-6 vs SF the last 3 years so for some reason they just have LA’s number. LA faces AZ again in the playoffs on MNF, they split the season series, with each team winning comfortably on the road. LA is favored by 4pts, which seems about right. Supposedly JJ Watt is going to return for the Cards, coming back from shoulder surgery just 2 months ago. Not sure if that’s a great idea, I remember him trying to come back from back surgery in just a few months with the Texans, he re-injured first game back and was out for the season.

Bears and Vikings played week 18 in a game of whose coach is going to be fired first; bears were up 14-0 at halftime and got outscored 31-3 in the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] half. One of those was a pick six. Typical bears. Still, winning 7 games with how bad the offense was most of the year was… impressive I guess? Still, im glad both Nagy and the GM are gone, now I get to worry that the next 2 guys are going to be even worse than the last 2, haha. Supposedly jim Harbaugh at U of Michigan is interested in NFL jobs again, he’s a former bear and a lot of fans would like to see him as bears head coach and bring back vic Fangio (fired as Denver coach) as DC again (his old job before Denver).

So far we got 6 nfl teams needing new head coaches: Jags, Dolphins, Bears, Vikings, Giants, Broncos. That’s pretty typical for each year, about 20-25% of the league turns over their coaching staff.

shithawk420

Veteran
Tch,the bears are done for a while.i can't even go to Walmart with my bears hat on without some older person telling me they suck. Oh well maybe next year is the words of choice.im calling it now.the reams are gonna win

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I'm not feeling too good either wearing my bears cap, but around here there's still a lot of fans. You have a lot of Rams fans around u?
I think the rams are favored by 4.5, I'd have to bet on them but that bengals team is scary, at least their offense is. And the defense isnt great but they can be surprisingly effective at times, like when they shut down the chiefs in the 2nd half of their game.
At least the bears have a new coach and GM so we'll see if they can turn things around soon.

shithawk420

Veteran
No.the people around me think the Bengals will win.one buddy and I think the Rams will win.i just heard those truckers that went to Canada might protest at the Superbowl.i don't know what they think their gonna prove but they better not fuck with the game.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah people seem pretty split on who'll win. Rams were favored by 4.5, now it's just 3.5 so a lot of action on the Bengals lately. Cincy has 3 good to great WRs and Joe Cool doesnt need much time to throw, which is good because his line is pretty awful. Still, aaron Donald and von miller and leonard Floyd can get to him quick, and even he needs at least 1.5 seconds to get off a pass.

I wonder if Pop will post in the thread before the big game. He roots for the rams so this should be a big game for him. You rooting for Stafford or nah? I don’t hold a grudge against him even though he was on the lions for a long time.

I’ve heard about the truck convoy blocking Canada’s capital, and that they’re planning on blocking the roads around sofi stadium and maybe even going to Washington DC to block up roads there. Kind of crazy that a bunch of semi trucks could create such havoc, but I guess the police don’t want to arrest them for some reason?

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah, hopefully pops posts in here.honestly we feel Stafford deserves a ring.to tell the truth I'm just glad Brady isn't playing.my dad said Brady retired cause he was caught recruiting people or something.

I watched the NFL Honor Awards yesterday.everyone was there except Brady.Brett Farve was there and Rodgers won an award.didnt see the whole thing.

I'll tell you what though I never thought I'd see the Bengals in the Superbowl.if they win I won't really be upset.oh I can't wait and when it's over I'm gonna miss football.maybe the Bears will do better next season but I'm not gonna get my hopes up

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fellas! hope everyone is having a great start to their new year
what an adventure we had on the road
driving out was a blast and i got to ride the truck through some snow, but after almost 16hr on the road i was seeing ghosts
mtsChicky flew out and got to enjoy some of the winter weather while we were there
they have crazy weather in tx, when i first got there it was freezing cold and snowed, then it was in the 70s the next week
it feels good to be back home and so cal is having a crazy warm winter this year, it was in the 80s today
we stopped off at white sands and checked out some ghost towns on the ride back which was super fun
and the fun is just starting! i cant wait for sundays big game
im all in on the rams and think its going to be the rams D that will bring us a title
/along with super cooper making a few big grabe
its good to see c.akers back and i hope he can keep a handle on the ball
i hope its a great game
you guys stay warm and enjoy the last of the season! cant wait to see how things shake out

shithawk420

Veteran
Hey pops! Sounds like you had a awesome time! Next time maybe you could take some pics of that Texas bbq.i agree,I think the Rams D is gonna shut them down

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yup, it’s hard to feel animosity towards Stafford, he was on the lions for 10 years, if there was one division team worse than the bears in that time it was definitely them.
Im actually surprised brady retired, he came in 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] in MVP voting to Rodgers, led the league in passing yds and td’s, but I guess his wife wanted him to quit and spend more time with the family and not get hurt, even though he really hasn't suffered a serious injury in years and years.
It’s pretty amazing the bengals are in the superbowl, ever since the 80’s they’ve been pretty terrible, even when they went to the playoffs during the marvin lewis years they never won a game. Can you believe the bears actually beat them this season?

Good to have you back Pop, just in time for the superbowl. I figured your road trip was a long one this time. I heard about the cold weather in TX, and the heat wave in socal (think LA was like 90F last week). Craziest weather ive seen was when IL had a polar vortex a couple years back, it was like -30F, and then 3-4 days later it was like 50F. Even for the Midwest that’s a big temp swing.
Those ghost towns sound like fun places to explore. Are there actually tourist businesses there or are they truly totally abandoned? Surprised homeless people don’t set up camp there; well, not really, I assume theres no food or water or anything there haha.

Hopefully the super bowl is a good game, close and somewhat high-scoring. It’s amazing that cam akers looks as good as he does (besides the fumbles). Dude tore his achilles like 7 months ago and is explosive and quick and can cut and juke like normal. He must have that good HGH, not the cheap Chinese knockoff hgh.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
good to be back my man! what a great gaem we had yesterday
even the mrs was rooting for the rams in the end
at first she was just rammin it in for me,(heyooo) but she liked cam akersplay and excelecnce
of thesuper.K in the end
/the cats were rooting for the bengals, but can you blame them?
the game was a great match up and i hope to see the bengals back in the hunt next season
/j.wheelbarrow is so dreamy
the ghost towns we went to were some out of the way places, mostly in rural locations
/the only people we saw in one place were boarder patrol and road crews
it was sweet if you like ot see real history, like the places where people actually lived and died! back then
/one of the spots we went to actually had a real cametary where there were rock graves and things like that
its good to be back home but i cant wai to get back on teh raod again
kick ass this week guys and love the ones you love!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Akers had a nice 8 yd run to make it 1[SUP]st[/SUP] and goal on the rams game winning drive but other than that was mostly held in check; rams only got 43yds on 23 carries. I thought akers would make more of an impact catching the ball but he had 14yds on 3 catches, Darrell Henderson had 43yds on 3 catches. I think a lot of post game analysis was pointing out the fact that the rams rush attempts were actually hurting their chances of winning.

It was quite a game. Not as high-scoring as I thought, but it was close. Bengals covered the spread (rams by 3.5, they won by 3) at least. They were pretty close to winning, until their offense went cold (rams QB pressure turned up to 11) and the rams were given extra chances in the red zone for their go-ahead TD. That def holding call on the bengals LB seemed like a bit of a make up call for the non call on tee higgins throwing Jalen ramsey to the ground by his facemask and scoring a td on the play.

Bengals D got a couple of int’s off Stafford to kill a couple of rams drives, but once burrow hurt his knee on a sack he really couldn’t drive the ball afterwards, limiting their O further.
Odell looked like he was going to be a big part of the Rams offense until he buckled his knee on a non contact play, rams had their RBs and 3rd string TE make some plays but give the bengals D credit, they weren’t pushovers.

Ghost towns sound like cool places to visit, especially if there’s not a bunch of people crawling all over them. Kind of like being out in nature by yourself, but in an actual (abandoned) town. What kind of bathroom and toilet facilities did they have? Like actual indoor plumbing or outhouses and tubs you had to fill by hand?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
judas priest: heading out to the highway

one of the paces we visited was just some ruined adobe buildings with an old grave yard in the middle of no where; like rural homes scattered and wild animals in the road
thers were more built up, like you had to pay to go inside the buildings and stuff like that. thos has more touristy things
we are planning on checking out deadwood on our next trip, i hear you can camp close to the ghost town
/hopefully just a short hike away so we could go in after hours
there is a lot of open land east of here
/get it, i live in san diego so everything is either north or east of here
and i hope to set foot on as much of it as i can
the super bowl was a great game and even thoe the rams dident cover the spread, a win is a win
both teams balled out hard and im impressed with cinci's coaching and execution
like you said, the rams run game was going no where and i had to question a bunch of calls
/why not fake a run and throw a short swing pass or something like that
c.kupp played like he had all season and i think that was the difference in the game, a true mvp all the way
odb loss hurt them rams biggly especially considering that their back up recievers had hands of stone
/v.jefferson was playing ok up till this game
lockdown ramsey had been burned several times going into this game and had his hands full
/that was a bad no call on that face mask
but once they figured out putting a man over center on D to stop the dbl/trpl teaming of donald the beast was unleashed

joey dreamboat played like a champ and i like his reciveres going two and three deep! plus mixon
im kind of bumbed that the football season is over but can now get things done on the weekends hopefully
/im not getting anything done over the off season
still watching the olympics and getting as much day drinking in as i can
what was on the super bowl menu for you baba?
how about you hawk, did you enjoy the game? (gotta rock that bears hat my man!)

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Cool jam. Do you have your own mixtape of road trip songs to play when you’re driving? I guess listening to music or audio books would be a good way to pass time while at the wheel.

The more built up abandoned towns sound more touristy but I guess someone has to pay to upkeep that stuff, also keep it safe. Truly abandoned buildings can be dangerous, floors and stairs rotted and you can fall through, rusty nails everywhere, etc.
Deadwood would be cool to see, but that’s in S. Dakota so a long ways away from you. SD is a cool place though, I visited Mt Rushmore and that was nice. Very touristy but still cool to see and not TOO crowded.
I kind of like mcvay trying to stick with the run in general, his idea is that the run or threat of it at least opens up the pass, but I think according to advanced stats this superbowl (and even in the 2019 superbowl) his rush attempts were actually costing them expected points added. Even though he passed twice as much against the bengals as he ran (40 passes vs 20 runs) he probably should have gone harder than that, like 70-80% passing instead of 66%. But like u said, he went pass heavy on that last drive, even at the goal line when I thought they might try to run for the TD they kept passing it and Cooper (the white jerry rice) came up with the game winning score.
Ramsey’s weird, he’s the highest paid corner in the league but I feel like he gets burned too often to be the #1 cover guy in the league. He’s still pretty elite though and often shadows the opponent’s #1 WR and he’s under contract for the next 3yrs at around 18M/yr so as long as he doesn’t get any worse that’s a fair value for a premium position (by the end of the contract other CB’s will have surpassed him).

Yeah, u make a good point, once the rams started showing a 5 man rush (4 down linemen with 1 linebacker) but then dropped one guy back and rushed 4, overloading one side, freeing up donald, that’s when they were able to get to burrow consistently. Is that basically a zone blitz?

Bengals legit might have the best WR group in the league, if you count #1-#3. Tyler boyd is their #3 and he was a decent #1 when AJ green was mostly injured the past 3 yrs (AJ was on the cards last season). Not sure if they can keep both higgins and chase when they’re up for big deals in 2-3 yrs but in a pass heavy league theyre great weapons for burrow.

shithawk420

Veteran
Lol unfortunately I didn't have a good game cause of family drama pops but I did see the end and I can't believe the Bengals got so close.a very good Superbowl indeed.ii saw some bogus plays,yada yada but the Bengals showed up and it was a great game.i thought the Rams were gonna clobber them boy was I wrong.im just mad I couldn't watch the whole game in a good environment..my dad's cats were all over the screen and I'm wasting time on the super bowl over cats so I justwent home to watch it.great game for sure.wishi would of recorded it.missed the second quarter