What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

shithawk420

Veteran
They had family day at Lambo and the players showed up doing whatever they do on family day.rogers was there.i didn't watch it.it was raining there anyway

Can't wait till the 14.every damn year my dad says the bears are gonna make the playoffs.im getting tired of hearing it

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, wisconsin has been getting a lot of rain lately. Wish some more of it would come this way so I dont have to water the lawn as much. Ive noticed water costs have increased a lot lately. Are you on well water where you are? I dont really like well water but it's alright if that's all you have.

If Justin Fields is an actual good, talented QB, then i think the bears will be good sooner rather than later. Not sure about playoffs this year, but maybe next year and the next decade (hopefully) they can be a consistent playoff team, assuming Fields is a franchise QB.

Where's Pop? Hopefully he's ok. He should have been back from his TX trip a week ago, maybe he's just busy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
/door flies open...
yeeehawww fellas, ready for some football!?!
happening baba and hawk! i missed you mickey fickies man
i had a great time in tx
hope you are doing well and ready for another fun season of football action
so where do we start?
which qbs are going to ball out this season? and even better, how will the rookies play
can tompa'bay repeat
is staffrd the missing link the rams quest for the one ring?!?
the list goes on...

so many great memories from the great state of tx and can wait to share the stories in posts to come
beef tastes better in tx and i met some really nice people while out there
im definitely going to visit again soon
good to be back guys and hope you are both kicking all the ass and having another great day

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I guess the usual suspects will be the top QBs again this season: Mahomes, Rodgers, maybe Josh Allen (finished 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] in mvp voting last year) and Lamar Jackson will continue to fly high. Russell Wilson made some noise during the offseason about being unhappy and he has a new Off Coordinator so maybe they’ll be pass happy again, even though they win more games when they run a lot. Dak prescott looks fully healed from his broken ankle but now he’s dealing with some sort of shoulder injury, if he’s ready to go by week 1 he’ll put up big numbers with that stacked offense.
I like Stafford to put up his best numbers since 2011, when he had 5k yards and 40tds. He’s got 2 very good WRs, good TEs, an offensive genius as a coach but they lost cam akers for the year with a torn achilles so that’s gonna hurt.

I hope you took some pics of the food out there, you can get good BBQ anywhere but it’s been a while since ive seen real TX bbq. Also, how’s the truck? You were going to bring back a pickup (4WD?) and fix it up a bit, use it for camping trips? Maybe throw a camper shell in the flatbed and have a little home on wheels for those weekend trips out to the mountains/woods?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening baba
hope you are having a great week brother and not sweating balls where you are at
here on the coast its not that bad right now, but the afternoon gets hot and we have some moisture in the air so the heat kind of sticks past sun down
that sucks about akers and i was hoping for big things form his this year, but the rams still have d.henderson (hondo) who can carry the ball
while not as explosive as akers, i think he could have a decent year and we will see who steps up to fill the rb2 slot
like you said, i think stafford is a step up from goof and mcvey is putting a lot opf eggs in his basket
he has a lot of talent on the field around him and he can air it out
they lost some talent on the defense but im not going to worry too much
i dident really take alot of food pics, and the ones i did take, have faces in them
we went to that big texan steak house and had giant pieces of meat! plus my sis hosted a low country boil
/sea food and crab boiled in a big ol' pot
the food was only half the fun and i will def be going back
the truck is rad! a big old chevy silverado that i put new tires on and tuned up
we went off orading on the way back by the grand canyon and she is a beast
i got some camo netting and an air mattress to store in the back so we can do some truck bed camping!
add in a bunch of pillows and blankets and you are sleeping in comfort
/we saw it at a flying J

its sweat action on four wheels brother!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
It was pretty cool the first week of august, mostly 70s which is really good for the Midwest since Aug and July tend to be the hottest months, but this week it’s been warm, and today was like 90F and 90% humidity (been rainy here lately) so I swear it felt the hottest it’s felt all year. That’s some gulf coast summer weather, like that sticky Florida or Mississippi type weather where the outdoors is basically a low grade sauna. Pop is more inland too and without the lake effect I’m sure it’s even worse out where he is.

Yeah, I didn’t really hear about the akers injury till recently, he hurt it in late July before training camps opened up, working out by himself. Hondo is a talented guy, has had a couple 100yd games I think even though he splits carries a lot, but I don’t think he’s quite the pass catcher that akers is. Still, mcvay did alright with his RBs even though none of them could touch Todd Gurley at his peak, but ur right, it’s all about Stafford at this point. Man often led the league or was right at the top in passing attempts every year, trying to put up points for a team that was usually pretty bad, so he’s used to carrying the load.

That’s cool if you cant put up food pics, that low country boil sounds hella good. I saw some tik tok video where some guy in Louisiana put a ton of seasonings in a big pot on a propane burner outdoors, boiled a bunch of baby potatoes, then a ton of crawfish, then corn on the cob. Man looked like he could have fed 20-30 people, and im sure everything was super flavorful, it looked like he was putting in a quart of spices and seasonings at a time.
But how was the weather? TX seems like a nice place, a huge state with low taxes and little regulation, but being that far south it can be like 90-100F every day for like a month straight.

Sounds like youre already having fun with the truck, off-roading it around the Grand Canyon is a good test. Will you be able to access more camp sites than you otherwise would be able to without a 4x4? Or is 4x4 only good if you’re boondocking?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the humidity is on here in so cal and you are not kidding about it feeling like gulf coast weather brother
feels like feaking honolulu outside right now and its only 0900 and last night we had thinder storms by the coast
hondo did split carries with akers last season and im hoping he can step up and tote the ball more this season
he isnt the complete back that akers could have been, but he gets the short yardage and can kick it up a notch when he needs to turn on the speed
not many backs could match t.gurley in his prime, not even todd gurley
/is he still in the game?
yeah that was what the country boil was like
taters and corn went in first then a bunch of crab and shellfish; man it was grinding
let me upload some pics to the puter'and f'around with them, then i will pst up some pics from tx
i dident take a lot of food pics but i have a bunch of pics from the whole trip overall
the truck is great and we are going to throw an air matress in the bedand a tarp over the top to do some truck bed camping
im going to dry run it later today, ill get some pics of that too and post them up
most of the places we camp are accesable with out 4wd and i prob wont have to go 4low a whole lot depending on where we go
but its nice to have when you need it and we will see what kind of shinanigans i can get into with he

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Actually, the rams have their choice of used RB’s on the free agent market: All day, devonte freeman, leveon bell and todd gurley. Not sure if any of them are any better than replacement level players at this point, no matter how good they were 3+ years ago. Plus mcvay has said he wants to take a good look at the two undrafted rookie RBs they have; james robinson of the jags was a top 6-7 fantasy RB last year and he was an undrafted rookie.

I always thought Hawaii was fairly temperate, at least near the ocean, but according to the internet they have high heat (avg about forty 90F days a year) and high humidity so it is sort of tropical, even though they dont get enough rain (less than 20 inches a year) to be truly tropical. Still, just like FL and TX and AZ, theyre nice places to live in during the winter.

I use irfanview which is a free photo editor, you can mess around with it, they have a ‘save for web’ mode that can reduce your pic sizes and you can also remove exif date which contains info on where you took the pic and the phone/camera that took them. Also can crop out faces and such. Which reminds me, I have some food pics of my own to upload, nothing fancy mostly just fast food haha.

Keeping your camper set up simple is the best way to start out, and you can upgrade as you see fit. Or not.
Have you ever done boondocking? It’s basically no fee camping on public land, like BLM (bureau of land mgmt, basically national parks, etc) land. There won’t be any amenities like bathrooms or hookups and wifi, etc, or hardly any actual campsites, but you basically drive into a clearing and set up camp and just do whatever you want, so long as you don’t leave any trash. Seems like reserving official campsites still has a long wait so maybe boondocking is an option, and a 4WD truck would help with that.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening baba! sorry to post so late but its been a busy day
me and the ex got nothing done yesterday and i blame it all on me
/we did grill up some nice salmon, but i dont like fish
i did get the netting and clips and cant wait to hook it up over the bed of the truck
we do boondock camping! we call it primitive camping but it sounds like the same thing
you dont leave anything behind and are basically on blm/ public land
/you poop in a hole in a ground that you dog yourself
im still getting the pics together but have a couple to post
first of all, tx is rad and the people there are the best, nicest people you would ever meet
of course my sister and bil are rich!$$$! so i guess you meet a nicer class of people
/holds out pinky and slams back vodka and soda drink
keg stand.JPG

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
dont know what ust happened, i was going to edit my pst to continue my tale, but the computer or web site seems to be f'd up
so ill make another post
im not editing their faces because this was some creeper at a golf thing i went to while there and some chick who decided to do keg stands
the other is the band that played while we were there
web_band.jpg

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
/sorry for the multi posting, i was jsut trying to upload images to the post
that was a nice band and the girl sang all kinds of good music!
they were nice enough to take pics and even gave us stickers
ill go for one more pic, but sign off too
i have some food pics but i guess they were taken by others; i got em' i just need to get them together
here is a last pic my man of me and the fam!
all gas, no brakes!

Click image for larger version  Name:	fam.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.4 KB ID:	17917554

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I admit I eat less fish than meat, but mostly cause most fish is more expensive than most meat. But I think fish in general is healthier for you, especially if youre trying to cut animal fats out of your diet for heart reasons. But there’s lots of people who don’t really like the taste of fish, not just you. Maybe it’s too ‘fishy’? My woman loves fish, probably prefers it over everything but steak, but even she wont eat fish that’s too ‘fishy’. Which, im like, isnt it SUPPOSED to be fishy, lol. But I guess she means fish that’s not fresh enough.

Are there a lot of mosquitos and such while youre camping, is that why you hang the netting? I guess in general at night a bunch of flying bugs come out, moths, mosquitos, etc. Especially if youre like reading at night before bed you don’t want a bunch of giant moths coming into the truck.

Yeah I think the nice thing about boondocking is that it’s usually free, there aren’t too many people and their pets around, etc. Only downside is that youre limited to how long you can stay out there if you don’t have a supply of fresh water nearby, but your trips tend to be shorter anyways.

Nice pics! Sounds like you had a perfect vacation, lots of fun, drinking, eating, hanging out, etc. Never knew the purpose of the keg stand, wouldn’t the beer go down better if you were right side up? But it looks cool I guess.

That band looks like they totally smoke, which figures, most musicians like to indulge in mind altering substances in one form or another. And your family looks nice, im sure they had a good time hanging out with you.

This weekend we have a bunch of games on Saturday, we also had 2 last night (Thurs) and 3 tonite (Friday) and 1 game on Sunday. So starters might get a series or two then mostly backups and rookies. You can’t really tell too much if your favorite team or player does well, since 75% of the game will be played by people who are going to be cut before the season starts, but it is nice to see a full weekend of games at least.

shithawk420

Veteran
Hey good to see you pop! I'm freaking pissed cause I gotta find a streaming service cause all the games are on NFL channel whatever.its fucking preseason for fucks sake!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
its good to be back hawk and im glad to see you posting up brother
hope you are having a great summer man
baba mentioned a site called nfl bite or something like that
i had great luck with them last season and was able tp pick which games i watched
the local cbs station is broadcasting the pre season games for the chargers but i dont know about the rams
/luckily they play each other tonight
maybe you can hook up an antennae and watch the action on tv or just dial in this web sire and watch any game you choose

ive never been a big fan of fish and i think some fish just taste fishier than other baba
/like mackerel is a very fishy tasting fish; it is a really oily fish and stinks to high heaven even fresh
but some people just like the taste of fish
the ex dosent eat meat anymore, but will still eat fish
ive been getting eaten alive by the skeeters this year
the netting is more a camo netting so its not really going to keep out the small bugs, its more for privacy
like if we were just sleeping in the bed of the truck, anyone could just see us but with the net over us you still have air flow but at least some privacy
/we also have a solid tarp to throw over the whole thing in case of rain or cold weather
im kind of getting into the idea of truck bed camping instead of tent camping; we will still bring the tent and set them up, we will see where we set up our bed roll
you are totally right about water being a deciding factor in how long you can stay downrange, but its not hard to throw a case or two of bottled water in the jumper seats of the truck for drinking
/this is where car camping rocks, you can pack in a bunch of stuff and dont have to carry it all on your back
im hoping to get the things rigged up this weekend so if i do i will be sure to take some pics
i am getting the other pics from the vacation together and should have more to post up soon, my friend
we went to that big texan steak house and i have a coulple cool pics from there
/i guess its a famous place and has been featured on food network and stuff like that for a 72oz steak challenge
man, im totally blessed with the best family you could ask for
my sister is so nice person and very good host, plus mrs chicky loves them too and could get used to tx
we are definitely going back before th year is over
i will try and get some more pics up of the food and all the other fun stuff we got into
hope you are having a great saturday and enjoying your summer my man!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think the bears games will be broadcast locally (including some parts of Iowa and Missouri) on your local Fox channel, Pop. Are you still having issues with over the air TV signals and cellular signals (for streaming)? If you have decent internet/cell signal, i like to stream games on my phone using the adblock browser (an app you can download to your phone) and then go the crackstreams (have to google it since they change the .com to .net or .is or .to etc to keep one step ahead of the regulators) and then play a stream. They've also got all kinds of streams, NBA, MLB, boxing, mma etc.
It's kind of janky and often pauses unless your internet is decently fast but it's better than nothing, usually. If that doesn't work, I might try to buy a cheap pirated NFL sunday pass account and i could share that with you but then you have to go through an overseas VPN since these accounts are for foreign countries only, etc, which cuts down on your internet speed even more; it could still be usable if you internet is decent tho but again it all comes down to having decent speeds, like 10MB/s or higher. I have DSL which is only 6mb/sec and my streams often freeze at that speed even if i stop all my other data usage (PCs, etc) on that line, freezes like once every 15-45mins, i can just restart the stream but it is annoying especially if you miss a big play.

shithawk420

Veteran
Well I'm a bit surprised myself.what do you guys think? Do you like Fields Baba or is it too early to tell and got another trubisky?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
That’s cool your Fox is coming in now, I think you said you didn’t get a good signal before but looks like you worked that out. Fields looked pretty good, right? Calm in the pocket, made good quick decisions, very mobile. Of course, most of his production came against 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] and 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] stringers on defense, but I do expect him to play in regular season games sooner rather than later. The knocks on him are his windup and delivery are kind of slow, sort of gives the defense an extra tenths of a second to react to his passes, and i didnt see how strong his arm was. He had good touch on the ball, putting air under passes when needed, but sometimes he'll have to zip a ball into a tight window and didnt see that this game at least.

Yeah, that’s not that uncommon, fish doesn’t really taste like meat from land animals (chicken, pork, beef etc) so some people just don’t dig the taste. But for plenty of people around the world that’s their main protein source, other than beans/legumes.
Haha, my woman loves mackerel but she hates the smell of it cooking and the few times ive made it she insisted it be cooked outside on a butane portable stove. It does smell super fishy when cooking but I do like it too, it’s a very dense, ‘meaty’ fish, it’s almost like eating ‘steak of the sea’. But if you don’t like the taste of even mild fish like most whitefish (cod, pollock, etc) then you would hate mackerel.

Ah I see, yeah it’s important to have privacy when camping, especially if youre with other people.
Truck bed camping seems like it would be safer if there were bears around, and youre higher off the ground so it’s not as messy when it rains. But don’t you keep all your gear and supplies in the truck too?
For extended boondocking you could bring water filter jugs too, it’s like a lifestraw but built into a bigger container. That way if there’s a river or stream or lake near your campsite you can slowly top off your water supply. But maybe where you camp theres not readily available water.

I think ive seen that 72oz (almost 6lbs) steak challenge before on you tube, it’s a decent amount of food (over 7lbs with the baked potato, roll with butter and side salad) but if youre a competitive eater it’s very doable. I think most pro eaters can eat 10-20lbs of food at a time, and do it fast too, which is insane.
Yeah, going to TX during the winter might be best, Dec-Feb you can enjoy more temperate weather. I think north TX might see snow and freezing temps at night too.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening guys! hope you are both having a great summer weekend
watched the rams/ chargers game last night and was kind of just meh about the rams play on both sides of the ball
i know mcvey is looking over the new guys so im not going to expect much from them during the preseason
i saw some pretty stupid plays last night, (delvin hodges int in the red zone stands out)
mcvey already said we wont be seeing stafford in the preseason and wolford is ok, but it would be nice to see some of the young guys shine at the next level

i took home a menu from that big texan place and the steaks are pretty good
its not the best steak i had in tx, but its a good piece of beef for the price
one thing i noticed i steak just tastes better in texas
they arent that big on things like salads and stuff rom what i saw, but they do meat right
/mrsChicky and her healthy living was not conducive to the tx scene when it came to meals, but she handled it like a trooper
so would you eat a rocky mountain oyster?
i will have to look into the jiant sized life straw
i have one of them that someone gave me as a gift and a big one would be even cooler
but like you said, a lot of places we go, unless you have a knoew source of water, dont have wild water fresh water you can drink
/ive poisioned myself drinking ditch water in the past and am not doing that again
10-20# of food would be wild but i think you are right, those competitive people eat that much in a sitting plus do it fast
i think the record for the person who ate the 72oz steak the fastest is held by a chick, she i prob 125-130# from the pics
and then they say she ate more food
that is crazy someone could eat that much food at once but we all have a gift!

hope you have a decent hook up and are able to get the games for free hawk
it sucks not being able to watch the fun as it goes down but sometimes you just get by with what you have
i havent seen the new bears qb (or any of the new shit hot qbs for that matter) but we will keep up and hopefully he takes you guys in the right direction

kick ass guys and have a great weekend