What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
image_2040970.jpg
image_2040971.jpg
image_2040972.jpg
20210423_133850.jpg

Still can't insert images to my post but I did put them on imgur.
Got the Bihon guisado (stir fry with shrimp, chicken, veggies and crispy noodles on top), Lumpia (egg rolls), Lechon (roast pork with skin) and a free large hot and sour soup because my order was over $25.
Everything was really good, the crispy noodles were a surprise because they almost seemed stale or uncooked, not like crispy wonton noodles, so we mixed them into the sauce at the bottom of the dish to soften them up. Now I know what you mean when you mentioned another dish that had more gravy would have been good to mix with those noodles. Lumpia was on point, really meaty with hardly any cabbage or veggies as filler, came with a nice honey like dipping sauce as well as a really spicy hot mustard. Lechon was great too, the skins unfortunately weren't crispy after the drive home, i could have popped them into the air fryer to crisp them up but the dog enjoyed them haha. And it came with a side of hoisin sauce for dipping. And the hot and sour soup was solid, little darker and spicier than at a typical chinese restaurant but had plenty of meat in there.
10/10 would eat filipino food again

I dont often go to chinatown in the city but when i do i usually make it a point to stop off at a chinese bakery, for some of their BBQ pork filled buns and their sweet yellow bean filled buns. China has a pretty diverse food culture, i think in northern china they eat a lot of bread and not so much rice.

There's some vietnamese bakeries in the north side of the city, here's one of their menus. Which one is the deep fried meat filled pastry, do you think?
http://www.cqbakery.com/menu/

The Bears franchised their #1 receiver, Allen robinson, who's legit a top 20 WR in the league even with the terrible QB play. I know ARob wanted a long term extension but he'll make some good money this year at least and if he continues to ball out he'll get paid by some team if not the bears.

Haha Jelly good to see you. Did you know before making the carson wentz trade that they first contacted andrew luck to see if he would un-retire? Im thinking this might be a regular thing for them, until luck turns 40 and they give up.
Thanks for the salvia warning. Im not really into hallucinogens, they just dont agree with me although some of them have therapeutic properties. Maybe i needed to be in the right environment, i dont know. But yeah, gotta be careful when trying to expand your mind, dont wanna end up like Smokey in a chicken coop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziTNiVAOHJk

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
welcome back jfish! havent seen you in these waters lately
you are right that salvia is strong medicine, but the mrs and i both enjoyed it
/she really enjoyed it, i just thoguht it was ok; like a 2min lsd trip
but my friends broters trip wasnt so good so it depends on the person
its not for everyone and i would definitely proceede with caution if i tried it again
so whats your take on the colts this season(?)

that looks like some grinding food there baba and it sucks that we cant have the pics posted here in the thread
it looks good but i can see how that cripsy skin wasnt so crispy after the ride home
/but now you have one happy dog
thats cool they gave you a free hot and sour soup too, it sounds like a decent deal and you got a lot of good food
just looking at the menu i dont really see anything that looks like the deep fried pastry
that place looks awesome, more like a 85' bakery (https://www.85cbakerycafe.com/)that we have here plus a steamed bun shop
i bet everything there is pretty good and fresh and the buns should be around a couple bucks each so you get a whole bunch of different ones and see which ones you like
drop 20-30$ for a grinding dinner for you and the wife amd see what you find

shithawk420

Veteran
I had such a bad trip on salvia it put me off psychedelics except shrooms forever.it scared the shit out of me.had the fan on and felt like I was in a whirlwind with elder gods laughing at me.dead fucking serious.took a huge monster bubbler hit though

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
thats so crazy hawk , it was like i went to another world too on that shit
i can only describe it like i was riding a ferris wheel through a car wash and came out into this land of cartoons, but they were all super friendly and it was crazy fun
i took a crazy rip as well and got the full ride for sure man ; those kind of things are super potent and i think a lot depends on who you are with and where you take them
fun guys' are cool too and a lot mellower ride for sure bro

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, that’s the thing with dmt and salvia, they’re short trips so you can be pretty much be right again in 10-15mins, unlike shrooms or ‘cid where you really need to plan an evening around that, unless you microdose. I think they call DMT the businessman's high because you can get messed up at night and then be fine by the morning.

I think Jelly said he wasn’t too excited about the wentz trade, I understand cause wentz was trubisky-levels of bad last year, and has for some reason been getting worse since his near mvp season in ’17. At his age he should be getting better every year not worse, but he’ll be on a better team with Indy

So I finally figured out how to add pics to my post, so I edited by filipino food post with pictures instead of a link. It was simple, should have figured it out earlier, but when you're writing a post there's a button to add images in the properties bar up top, and then you 'upload' an image instead of using a url link, it uploads it directly from your pc and then you can choose what size you want to present it (thumbnail, S, M, L, etc). So finally figured that out haha.

Yeah I think ive been to this chiu quon bakery before, just got some standard bbq pork and sweet bean curd filled buns, but I'm down for those meat filled, deep fried pies lol. Deep frying anything is a plus, and with a flaky crust? Mmm, mmmm. But I think that chiu quon bakery is chinese, not vietnamese, and that deep fried meat pie is banh pate so or pate chaud and is strictly a vietnamese thing. Still, next time i pass by vietnamese town ill keep an eye out for it.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
nicely done on the pics baba! i like how you posted the pics tin different sizes
i will have to post up some pics soon but dont want to use a third party to host so maybe i will create a new album for each set of pics
im not too into the salvia but it wasnt bad, but i can understand how everyone reacts to these things in their own way
i havet done it since then and that was many years ago
i would not be too excited about wentz taking the wheel from rivers; while im not a p.rivers fan he was a major league qb, even if he was old school
i was hoping for more in depth takes on the team, like the draft and what a fan wants to see the team address
i would like to hear more from some of our old friends too! lets hear what you think about your team
i dont know how common the vietnameese meat pies are but this place was grinding!
the steamed buns were on point and i took my mom there and she thought they were ok
/too salty she said but she says that about everything
the x and i are planning on going to the indian market to get some food one of these days and make our own indian buffett from their ready made stuff plaus the things they have you can take home and heat yourself
i also have a special place my friend told me about recently to mention, but that might have to wait for another day; maybe i will see if the x wants to check it out this weekend
have a great thursday and enjoy the last few days of april !

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, I should have figured this out a month ago but got lazy and frustrated but the website support forum on icmag has a lot of these same questions being asked and answered.
That’s the thing, I tried linking to imgur pics but they weren’t working but if you upload them directly from your computer they work, so it’s like it was before, upload them to your album and then post them.

Phil Rivers definitely had his flaws but his best attribute was his durability. For better or for worse, he wasn’t going to miss any games due to injury. Man played on a torn ACL in the playoffs over 10 years ago, got surgery after they lost and was starting week 1 the next season.

Have you ever tried dosa’s, which are basically the Indian version of crepes? It’s a thin pancake, savory, not sweet like a crepe, and maybe a little sour (the batter is fermented before using), often filled with masala (potatoes), veggies, paneer (cheese) etc. I’ve been into ‘flat’ foods lately and not sure if ive ever had a dosa, might have to try them out next time I eat Indian.

First round of the draft is on tonite, we’ll see what the niners do at #3, falcons do at #4, bengals at #5 and so on and so forth. Maybe there might be more trades into the top 10 or 15 if a QB falls further than expected...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
they are going to televise the draft on regular tv and it should be fun
im excited to see what happens tonight especially with the top-10 and we will see if there is any action or trades
rams pick tomorrow and the 2nd round is where i expect to see things heat up
/some good potential trades and chances to move up
dosa are really good and ive had two types, one a pancake type thing and the other was a wrap with potatoes in it
what flat foods have you been eating? mexican food has some good flat options but you can beat a good old fashioned pancake too
rivers was an old war horse and played through a lot of injuries during his career
we will see what this years rookie class looks like! cant wait for the fun tonight

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, forgot that they started playing the draft on ABC the past couple years. It actually gets more ratings than most baseball or basketball games.
Welp, 49ers picked trey lance at #3, mac jones fell to the patriots at #15 so they didn’t have to trade up, and the bears gave up next year’s 1[SUP]st[/SUP] rd pick (plus next year’s 4[SUP]th[/SUP] and this year’s 1[SUP]st[/SUP] and 6[SUP]th[/SUP]) to move up from #20 to take justin fields at #11. If he becomes a top 12 QB for a decade or more, then the trade up will definitely be worth it, but I’m convinced there’s a 10% chance that the bears are cursed at the position and would ruin peyton manning’s career if he was drafted by them. But hopefully im wrong.

I had some extra large tortillas so Ive been making some chimichangas (deep fried burritos) with them. So not really a flat food other than the tortilla lol. Does pizza count as a flat food? Haha probably not.

So rounds 2-3 are tonite on espn, and finishing up with rounds 4-7 on Sat afternoon. The 1[SUP]st[/SUP] rounders get the most attention but you build a team in rounds 2-7 and even undrafted guys. The bears gm tends to have better results with lower round picks, he doesn’t have any 4[SUP]th[/SUP] or 5[SUP]th[/SUP] rounders but does have a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP], 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] and three 6[SUP]th[/SUP] rd picks so maybe he can make something of them.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
i like the bears move in this years draft and hope fields works out for you guys
/have you ben scouting him? whats your take on this kid
i know they gave up a lot with two first round pics 9trading down this year and giving up next years #1), but i think sf set the bar with their trade up into the #3 spot so thats the price you pay
i hear next years draft class might not be as deep at qb so maybe this was the year to pick up a new young gunslinger; but like you said, you never know what you have until the games are played
i think new england is a big winner in this years draft, getting their top round qb with out having to trade up
that sounds grinding man!
i used to love chimichangas when i was younger! do you go all out and put the guac and sour cream on them too
how are you filling your buritos?
yeah i was wondering how you were defining flat foods
i think pizza is probably top-3 flat foods, with quesadillas and maybe like enchilladas (they are kind of flat) up there (what would you call a flat food)
grilled cheese would be one of the ultimate flat foods!
/come at me bro
hope you are enjoying those flat foods and your new qb pans out for you guys!

shithawk420

Veteran
Lol 10% baba?being kinda generous aren't ya? Don't know who this kid is but I'm excited.hope he's not another trubisky.im actually looking forward to this season.unless fucking brady wins again.then I'm gonna flip out.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I don’t know that much about fields, only seen a couple of his games (the college football playoffs), but he was universally regarded as the #2 QB in this draft class until this past season when zach Wilson overtook him. I was also surprised that trey lance was drafted ahead of him, trey is supposed to be more of a project, only started 17 games in college against lesser competition. He did play well vs Clemson, took a hard shot to the ribs but came back and threw a bunch of TDs to advance to the final where they got steamrollered by Bama. He didn’t play that well vs Bama (200 yds, 1 td) but the whole team didn’t play that well so I'm not going to hold it against him.
I think the knock on fields coming into the draft was that he might not be able to process his reads at the NFL level, that he tended to lock onto 1 receiver and wait for them to get open. But then people disputed this by saying that ohio state’s offense was designed that way and also that he threw to his 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] read more than the other QBs in his class except for trevor Lawrence. So who knows what to believe?

I mean, he could be a bust like trubisky, I think only Lawrence is a surefire quality pro QB like Luck, Peyton and Elway were regarded when they were drafted. However good he was in college he’s going to have to step his game up even more in the pros if he’s going to succeed. His accuracy seems good, velocity too, and of course he’s a plus athlete. I do like the fact that he started 2 years in college, trubisky only had one year starting for UNC when he was drafted. But like Hawk and I agreed on, bears might be cursed at QB. We’ll see, it should be interesting however it turns out.

Haha, I guess I shouldn’t be saying im into flat foods, but I did buy some dosa batter at the Indian market recently and made some dosas at home, it was alright but not restaurant quality. But ur right, pizza is probably the ultimate flat food although Chicago style deep dish or stuffed pizza isnt really ‘flat’. For chimichangas I just filled them with beans, rice, chicken, little onion and cilantro. Guac and sour cream would have been killer but sadly didn’t have it in the fridge.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
hey whats happening my man!
went dark for a while and i hope you are having a great week
got any plans for the weekend?
went hikinh with the mrs and had to cut it short because she had an alergic reaction to something
just digesting the draft and looking at how the new picks will fit in; rams picked some recievers and we will see how they lookon the field
things are starting to heat up and it feels like spring outside
shorts and flip flops weather for the enxt few months sounds good and at some point im goign to ditch the shirt
have a great week brother and i hope you have an even better weeeknd

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
IMG_0498.JPG
media

finally getting around to posting up some pics here
this was from that adventure we had a whle back where we went hiking and ended up in the middle of the i-5
there is no bathroom up there

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, I figured life stuff was getting in the way, that happens sometimes but all cool, gotta take care of bidness first amirite?

The rams didnt get much attention during the draft since they've traded their 1st round picks till 2025, but i see they used their 2nd round pick on a speedy WR out of Louisville, Tutu Atwell. He's got a great name but i havent really heard of him before, he's only 5'9 and 155lbs (!) but he's fast and quick and should be that field stretcher that the rams last had with brandin cooks. Certainly i think stafford is a much better deep passer than Goff has been the last couple of years so maybe he'll be able to contribute this year.
Their other WR they drafted was ben skowronek, in the 7th rd out of Notre dame, ive actually heard of him before since i do watch some ND games sometimes. He's 6'3 and 220lbs so maybe if he can make plays as a big body receiver he'll make the team, otherwise most 7th rd picks dont typically play much.

Haha im surprised there's not a homeless encampment under that bridge. Seems like once you get into that enclosure around the bottom of the stairs it's private enough where you could just pop a squat and do your bidness, eh? Although that would be bad for the workers who eventually have to clean that up, lol, and you guys dont seem that callous to leave a mess where it's not wanted...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
happening brother, hope you are having a great week
i just said that to the stranger at the bottom of the stairs when i came down
no one had to use the bathroom and there were those blue porta potties there anyway
/i would have just pee'd in the canal
i just wanted to climb the stairs, or actually the x wanted to climbing the stairs
i just opened the lock and went up first (simply to clear the way)
the rams picked up a lb as well who i think might get some game time
tutu is a great name but at a buck fifit i am worried and would not want to see him run into a derwin james type db over the middle
i think it is going to be fun watching stafford for into the rams and can wait for some real action
/which reminds me, where are you go joe?!?hope all yuo gons are having a great week

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Haha, is the canal for rainwater/stormwater? Are they usually dry when it hasnt rained in a while?

I saw the rams used their 3rd rounder on a LB, he's got decent size (6'2, 230lbs) but only average athelticism (4.70s 40yd dash) but he projects as a sure tackler and can man the middle/inside LB spot. Rams had the #1 defense last season even after losing 2 starters in free agency the year before, so this just ensures they'll probably still be a top 5 D next season.
And with stafford, who carried a mostly terrible lions team his whole career, at QB you have to think that they could be the best team in the West, even with all the stiff competition. If Donald and Stafford stay healthy and productive all year, it's very very possible.

You cant hit defenseless receivers anymore but once the ball touches their hand you can drive your shoulder into them so long as you keep it below the neck. Tutu is like 20lbs lighter than devonta smith, the heisman winner who teams were concerned about his size, but if all he's doing is running posts and fly routes maybe it wont be so bad, it's those over the middle routes where you might run into an angry linebacker. I'd imagine they could use him on jet sweeps too but those are like handoffs where at least he can see the hit coming and fall down if he needs to protect himself.

I think Hawk works in the building/construction business. Lot of projects delayed during covid and people trying to get it done now, especially with the housing market so hot right now.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
this place is kind of like a lagoon that ends in the ocean so the canal is prob sort of brackish water/ seawater
its about as wide as a two lane road and isnt that swift a current, but it feeds a marsh on the other side of the freeway
this is the google maps link so you can check it out brother
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.0106.../data=!3m1!1e3
its a fun place
i think the rams could have another top-5 top-10 defense and we will see how stafford plays out
i watched some tape on him and i think you are right that he is a big upgrade
the rams have a good team on both sides of the ball and i think they are one big piece away from being a top team
/that piece is qb
i like the addition of lb and like you said he could play on the inside if he has the strength
the small reciever is a concern but hopefully he is one of those scrappy guys but some of those ss/fs guys are linbackers with faster feet and will put your lights out
i wonder if he will see any time on special teams
/ because of his size that might ba a streatch
got any plans for mothers day this weekend? im going on another hike with the x and we are going out for breakfast
im craving some eggs benidict ot maybe some good biscuits and gravy!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ah ok, so it’s kind of like new orleans where the land meets the ocean and you get some wetlands (lagoons and swamps) going on.

Rams are definitely going to be a top 5 D again, and probably top 3, only defenses I think could match up with them might be steelers, broncos, maybe ravens, dolphins, patriots and niners. Bears could be good too but they lost their #1 CB, kyle fuller, as a salary cap casualty. I might be missing some teams too, and there will always be a surprise team that was above average on D last season but makes a leap the next.
Maybe the only weakness with the rams D is if aaron Donald gets hurt they immediately become good not great, which is expected since he’s the best Def player in the league. But Donald was hurt that last playoff game vs the packers and wasn’t hardly able to get any pressure, plus GB’s O-line is very very good.

Stafford has a quick release, is usually very accurate and has some funky arm angles he can release the ball from (sidearm sometimes) if it helps find a passing lane. He’s also supposed to have one of the strongest arms in the league, which I never really think he shows off since he tries to put touch on the ball. Some strong armed QBs will just rocket a 10yd pass when they don’t need to and it bounces off the receivers helmet, he’ll try to make it more catchable or put air under deep throws to get it over a defender’s arm.
Seeing what mcvay can do with Stafford will be interesting. I think Stafford had a 5k yd, 40td season 10 years ago but never really approached those numbers since (although he’s had a bunch of 4k yard seasons) but maybe with the rams he can once again put up top 3 QB numbers.

Ive been making some food lately, Im going to have to post some more pics lately once I get a chance.

Hey Hawk, small world, my woman has a friend who recently sold a house in Tinley Park. It was a mess of a renovation, they bought it for real cheap like 3 yrs ago, the husband renovated it himself with some day laborer help but it didn’t really look nice, and they had to do some more work on it and they finally sold it last year. Im surprised you’re up around Chicago, thought you stayed near the Iowa border?

Latest posts

Latest posts