What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Right on Hawk, if youre pretty isolated and don’t have a lot of contact with strangers I could see the vaccine not being necessary. Unless you want to get on an airplane or something, like you said… I think the 49er’s have said theyre rolling with Jimmy G this season even if they draft a QB, that’s pretty smart, even mahomes sat behind alex smith for a season (mahomes started the last game of the season, when their playoff spot was locked up) and got to learn and watch and get acclimated to nfl speed. But ive heard that they might draft matt jones at #3, which is weird to me, because most ‘experts’ predict he’ll still be available at #12 (the niner’s original draft position) much less #3. But whatever, I guess we’ll see what happens on April 29th… How’s the haircut looking Pop, you got it short on the sides and long on top? Did you consider growing your hair out during the pandemic? I know a lot of people, athletes too, grew their hair long last year because barbers and hair salons were shut down…. Hey troutman, I think this past year was a good reason to do vanlife or cabinlife. If you could be as self-sufficient as possible, limiting your trips into ‘civiliation’, that would only make you safer…

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
its not hard avioding crowds if you dont want to interact with others that much
i ususlly shop super early in the morning (vons is open 24h a day i think and cvs starts selling liquor @0600)
i dont like going to clubs/ bars and im not too into eatting at resturants right now
i guess a ball game would be the exception being in the open air, but they are so expensive i havent been to see a pro game in decades
a lot of young qb got to sit their first year and soak up the experience and we will see what happens in frisco
i think just by taking a qb@#3 they are sending jimmy.g a message
im hoping the rams are scouting the o'line and defenseive front; you can find top tallent in the 2nd round if you play your cards right
yeah i get it cut about the same way everytime, short on the sides (#3) and a little longer on the top
i grew the hair out pretty good, but ive had longer hair before (plus a huge dirtbag beard)
/hence the nickname "wildman"

shithawk420

Veteran
Good to see my man trout in here.maybe he can tell us what's going on with canadian football.

You on that alcy time too pops? I've forgotten it was Sunday a couple times and waiting in line at the gas station at 7 am just to get turned down.man that sucks when your binging.reminds me of that Tom petty song.lol just kidding with you pops.i have done that though.

One time when I was living in GA I had to make a 2 hour drive looking for places that sell in AL.fuck I'm bad.speaking of GA has anyone heard anything about the falcons?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Hehe, yeah some places are ‘dry’ at certain times, your Georgia story reminds me of a neighbor I used to have, she used to work with a lot of Chicago cops (I think she was a prosecutor or something, she was cool though, knew that I smoked and never hassled me about it) and one time she went with 2 detectives to Georgia to pick up some suspect. So they flew down there, they just flashed their badges and got past security and carried their guns on the plane (kind of scary if you think about it, doesn’t seem that hard to get a fake badge) but they got there on a Sunday or something and they didn’t sell alcohol on Sundays, so these guys almost went nuts trying to score some booze. Finally they got a bottle of whiskey and calmed down but yeah, alcohol is one of the few things that can actually kill you if you go cold turkey.

I think the niners message to garappolo is “We’ve paid you 27M a year and you’ve had one healthy year out of 3 so far, and even that healthy year you were good but not great”. With that defense and kyle shanahan’s ability to have a great run game without elite RB talent, the only thing really holding them back is QB.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
so trout' is into the canadian football? ive heard about the league but never watched
it sounds pretty close to american gridiron and would be interesting to hear from someone who follows

i just dont sleep much hawk, so i get up super early and want to get things done
i usually only buy booze once a week, two big handles of vodka
i have other stuff around the house but i mostly drink the clear stuff
i could get my booze at the grocery store but its cheaper at the cvs
speaking of dry places, the last time i was in ney jersey i forgot about them not selling liqour/ beer in most places and the people at the store i went to were dicks about it
here in california, you can buy beer/ liquor anyplce; gas stations (most only sell beer), cvs/ riteaid, grocery stores and of couse liquor stores

im sure frisco is in a put up or shut up mode with jimmy.g
like you sais, hes been paid well for only a handful of actual starts

would totlaly like to hear from fans of other teams to give us the run down on their offseason hopes

shithawk420

Veteran
I was just messing around pop.im actually waiting for my gas station to open but they won't sell till 11.its sunday.it's almost 1.30 am right now probably gonna take a sleeping pill.i was slamming beers hard last night.think I drank 15 beers in 2 hours.most gas stations here sell beer and liquor.as a matter of fact this new shop opened up near me call Smoke and spirits or something like that and they sell bongs AND liquor! Never seen a dedicated headship and liquor store in one.must of been an expensive license.my state recent passed recreation weed so that's probably why

I don't know much about canadian football but they have like 3 downs instead of 4 or something like that.im not sure.be cool for some one to chime in.ill probably ask him

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
The Canadian football league (CFL) is the longest running football league behind the NFL, some NFL’ers got their start there like doug flutie, but for the most part the pay is much less than the NFL, like at most 100k/yr. I think ur right about the 3 downs vs 4, and im not sure but do they allow receivers to move forward at the snap, like how in the arena football league you’d see receivers sprinting towards the line of scrimmage before the snap?

2 handles of vodka in a week, Pop? Those are lightweight numbers, gotta pump those numbers up. Lol, j/k. Is the vodka decent quality, doesn’t give you a headache or anything? That’s why I like Costco vodka, get a big handle of good quality stuff for like $13, even cheaper than Smirnoff and with much less of a headache.

Damn Hawk, you crushed 15 beers in 2 hrs? Impressive, just in the sheer amount of liquid consumed. I would feel so bloated after that. That head shop/liquor store sounds like an excellent idea btw.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
happy easter fellas! pray for our soul

just when i thought i was soaring with the hawk, you go and crush 15beers in 2hrs
/were they those strong micro brews? the ones with like 8-11 abv?
that is marathon chugging right there brother! what stopped you from crushing the whole case?
the two handles is for just drinking around the house booze but ive noticed that i start running low earlier and earlier every week
i get the costco vodka too, its good and cheap
i also buy the svedka vodka but will mix in the new amsterdam from time to time; all decent flavor and cheap
is the canadian field the same size as nfl? i seem to remember the dimensions were a littel different but i could be thinking of the arena league or something like that
saw t.gurley is a free agent now and tried to use april fools day to remind the league that hes still available
a better joke would have been that his knee was back to 100% after he got some kind of bionic knee but we all know that he is pretty much a #2-3 back at this point
maybe if he would play for a "prove it" deal he might get some takers, but i think hes fighting an uphill battle (with a bad knee)
maybe he can play in teh cfl

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think we could all use a little more prayer for our souls, so im down with that Pop. I’ll send good thoughts your way and Pop’s way, hope GoJoe and Disko and Stormshadow and all of our other peeps are doing ok also…
Yeah Hawk, there’s 24 beers in a case and you “only” did 15? Those are rookie numbers, gotta pump those numbers up lol.
I cant imagine them being micro-brews with 10% alcohol, they were probably American lagers (coors? Milwaukee’s best?) at like 4%. Still, it’s a good substitute for water and if you drink enough of them, it’ll get you where you want to go.

Two handles is just ‘drinking around the house booze’? Alright, I can see that. For real though, anyone think they can finish a handle (1.75L of 80proof alcohol) in one day? I think it’d take me 2 days. To do it in one day, I’d be pretty wasted the whole day and would probably puke my guts out the next morning but I think i could do it…

Yeah, haven’t thought about Gurley in a while, his contract with the falcons was only for 1 yr, 5.5M. I think youre right, he’s basically backup material at this point, although he did have 9 rush td’s last season so he still has a nose for the end zone, fwiw. He might have to wait till after the season starts, once RB’s start to get injured during games some team might have a need for a decent street free agent RB; who knows, maybe the bears or even the rams could sign him. Well, maybe not the rams, with akers, brown and Henderson they have a lot of depth at RB.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
thanks for the good thought brother and i hope you keep all of us lost souls in your prayers
/it never hurts to have a good word spoken in your name
its been a long time since weve seen goJoe, he used to post in this thread and the extract related threads too and i wonder if he made the transition
i dont think ive ever pollished off a whole handle in one day by myself but ive killed lessser bottles (750ml) and was still thirsty for more
as far as thse american beers go, i can go for a nice cold coors light from time to time and can smash a few
/not hawk numbers, but ill kill a 12pk in a night and worry about having more for the next day
i might need to think about my drinking

the thing with gurley is the rb position is kind of under valued with so much hungry tallent coming online every year
its clear his best years are behind him and you have guys who will play for half what he wants, plus they will play gunner/ block on kicks
i think the rams have moved on from the offense that gurley build especially now that goof is gone
i wonder if det could use some rb depth?

shithawk420

Veteran
It was a 15 pack of natural ice 5.9% abv.i got a 15 pack instead of a 30 pack cause I'm trying to slow down.they don't even come in 12 packs anymore.they were doing 18 packs but haven't seen those in a few years.ive drink 30 packs in a sitting. once I get going I fucking go.i remember my buddy and I (he was 650 pounds) drank 2 30 packs of icehouse and smoked an ounce of weed for a superbowl,can't remember which one.
I'm a short guy too.im not really fat per se but i got a beer gut like randy on the trailer park boys.gonna try to lose it this summer.beatiful day in the 70s today
Yeah I've drank fifths in a day but those days are over.used to get a bottle of whiskey and a 2 six packs of tallboys and it would last a day or 2.i used to mix all kinds of liquor and beer.ive got fatty liver disease so I gotta figure something out.cant drink forever

Anyway happy easter guys!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ah geez, the first time I puked from booze was from downing like 6 bottles of icehouse in an hour (or two?) when I was 19, lol. Took the bus home and puked twice on the walk back to my place, the last time right in front of the door, lol, not a good sight but at the time I didn’t care, obviously.
A fifth is .75 liters, yeah? That’s not too bad, although the beer might be hard for me to handle, I like to concentrate on straight alcohol content over liquid volume. But yeah, having fatty liver disease isn’t great, my blood sugar is higher than it should be so the doc recommended I cut my sweet intake in half, so far I think ive been pretty successful with it although ive probably just replaced those calories with alcohol calories, lol. Sigh…
I guess one good thing in your favor Pop is that the liver regenerates pretty well, right? So if you can keep the ABV intake to a 'reasonable' level your liver can bounce back?

You make a good point, Pop, that formerly elite RB’s like Gurley wont want to play special teams, which limits their usefulness to teams who want their #3-5 RBs and WRs to play on special teams. Sadly, for Gurley, his days of making more than 2-3M/yr might be gone for good. If he’s smart he banked most of his money, I hear alvin kamara only lives on his endorsement money and saves his NFL paychecks, much like Gronkowski does. Jay Leno did the same thing, just live off his stand up money (he traveled on weekend doing comedy clubs) and saved/invested all this Tonight Show money.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
30 beers in one sitting is almost andre the giant level drinking
i dont reallt drink beer much becasue like baba said, i go for the less is more idea
/less liquid but more abv
speaking of blood sugar, i got myself a bag of peanut butter m&ms the other day
man, those things are good
you are right that its a good thing the liver can heal itself, but i tihnk it needs a break from the constant boozing for that to happen
i wonder how long it takes to start healing and how many years would you have to not drink for it to be like nomral?
im sure gurley made a ton off endorsments
i remember his carls jr comercial (they call it hardees in other states) and am sure he had some kind of show deal too
freakin a hawk, your friend weighed 650#?! could he walk around on his own
i had a samoan friend growing up who weighed at least 300# but he was just this HUGE person
he was at least 6'4 and everything about this guy and his whole fam was just XXXL
they were really good people and knew how to throw a bbq

shithawk420

Veteran
Icehouse is gross. it's all my friend would drink.he used to weigh 1000 pounds cause he drank.got down to 650 from selling and doing coke.he actually fell on me.i thought I was gonna die.i was sitting on his couch and he waddled past and plopped right on me.it was like a truck fell on me.

As far as the liver goes,the parts that are scarred can't really heal.thats done.but the rest of the liver does regenerate.thats what I'm going through now.the liver probably needs 6 months to make a recovery.i can't do it.we drink every day too so it's hard.we work hard and we drink hark.nothing I'm proud of.i used to chase jack daniels or whatever with beer.not too long ago I drank 20 or something beers with some rumpleminze 100 proof schnapps and got blackout drunk.ive seen everyday beer drinkers get rekt hard on that stuff.i really shouldn't drink liquor anymore.but everyone is different.i don't get wobbly or slur when I get drunk.im not like Lahey in my avi but he does play the best drunk on tv period.i use Lahey as a reminder that I can't drink hard liquor.i get goofy and not in the good way.maybe it's the indian in me

Oh and andre the giant drank over 100 beers in a sitting.and I think he liked wine too.that guys appetite is truly legendary.my uncle met him at o'hare airport in chicago a long time ago.said he was real nice.i heard when he went to a restaurant he literally ordered the whole menu

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Are they peanut M&M’s or peanut butter M&M’s? I do love some peanut M&M’s, the peanuts almost makes them seem healthy lol.
Andre the giant was a prodigious human with an appropriate appetite, but he also suffered physical issues from his gigantism, similar to what some really tall NBA players suffer, which unfortunately impacts their lifespan. Probably if he ate and drank less, kept his weight down, he would have lived longer but im sure he enjoyed his life very much, he had a varied entertainment career.

I haven’t had icehouse since that day long ago when I puked on it but I do like the concept of ice beer, more abv, but I suppose craft beers like IPA accomplish the same thing. I like a nice barleywine, which is like 10-15% abv beer, not cheap but it has as much alcohol as wine so that’s something.

Did your samoan friend ever throw a pig roast BBQ? Sometimes ill see a Hawaiian pig roast on a cooking show and that looks so primal, dig a big pit, fill it with hot coals, lay a gutted pig on it and cover with banana leaves and cook for a day for fall off the bone bbq. You can feed a village with that…

Sounds like we all need to take a step back from the booze, if we can. It’s hard though, going cold turkey is dangerous if youre physically dependent, and trying to slowly wean yourself off can be a ‘2 steps forward, 1 step back’ type of struggle. And then of course once football season starts that’s just an excuse to start day drinking again… Ah shit, look at us. Fwiw though, I think a 6 month dry spell is doable, the first few days are the hardest, especially if you have the DT’s, but after that you can go months or years sober, people do it all the time…

shithawk420

Veteran
Honestly I don't think Andre could of done a whole lot and I think he knew it.imagine how much vegetables he would have to eat.he got dealt a shitty hand and he knew it.i respect him for that.of course I gotta bring up his how should I say? Bad habit? I remember when he " checked Hulk Hogan's oil". Apparently it did happen and Hogan was pissed.i guess that was his thing for whatever reason.imagine that dude's thumb up in your bum.thats bogus! Lol I would of liked to drink with him though.see how far I could get. Fucker ain't checking my fucking oil though.lol

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
You make a good point, he was encouraged to ‘cultivate mass’ because all of his show business jobs were pretty much dependent on his size and strength. Still though, dude looked like he had a hefty gut on him as he got older, not saying he could have had a six pack but maybe if he didn’t drink 20 gallons of beer (!) at a time he could have avoided a lot of empty calories. But who knows, he could have ate nothing but brown rice and grilled chicken breasts and his gigantism would have cut his lifespan short, I think he ended up dying of congestive heart failure.
But that’s another occupation where there’s a lot of self-medicating, professional wrestling. Lot of em are on roids/HGH so they look like superheroes, and theyre doing hundreds of shows a year and getting banged up and hurt all the time, without any time to properly heal, so im sure painkillers/booze are used to mask the pain.
Haha, didnt know andre the giant once got pissed a young hulk Hogan and stuck his thumb in his ass during a match (supposedly) but that had to have hurt, supposedly his fingers were so big that you could have fit a hard boiled egg through the rings he wore.
So sam darnold got traded to the panthers, jets received a 6[SUP]th[/SUP] rd pick this year and a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] and 4[SUP]th[/SUP] round picks next year. Probably this is best for both parties, jets get some draft compensation and darnold gets a fresh start with some better offensive talent and coaching around him.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
yeah man, ive heard the andre the giant stories and his drinking was at at heroic level
i bet he was a really cool guy in real life, remember him in that movie the princess bride
you are right hawk that there arent a lot of options in life for someone that size
im sure he lived his life to the fullest and made the most of what he had (both good and bad)
how many people can say they fingered hulk hogan?

saw that the jets traded darnold away
it sounds like they got decent compensation from what you discribe baba and we will see how darnold does down south
cant wait till later this month when the nfl holds its draft
they are saying that qbs could go 1-3 or 1-4; this could be great for teams looking to add tallent to other spots on their rosters
anyone watch the round ball last night? it was an ok game but not as close as i was hoping for
the m&ms i got were peanut butter filled; just like the peanut m&m but with peanut butter inside instead
i like the peanut ones too but tehse are rpetty good
a little more than a reecees pieces but still filled with chocolate and peanut butter flavor

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
The NCAA men’s bball championship wasn’t a good game, baylor led by double digits pretty much the whole game. The Gonzaga-UCLA final four game was much better, went into OT and that Jalen suggs kid hit a 40ft Bankshot 3 pointer to win it as time expired.
The jets traded three 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] rd picks to move up to select darnold at #3 in the draft, so getting a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP], 4[SUP]th[/SUP] and 6[SUP]th[/SUP] isnt much but the bears got nothing for trubisky, who signed with the bills in free agency, so better to cut ties with him while he still has value I guess. Fwiw, I wouldn’t have minded the bears getting darnold for some reasonable draft compensation, despite his bad stats I still think he’s pretty talented, he’s athletic with a good arm, just needs to make better decisions for the most part…

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
So Deshaun Watson has been dropped from some of his sponsors, and might be put on the NFL exempt list soon, sort of like a suspension without a suspension, he cant play or practice. Geez, with his new contract (and supplemental income which he’s now lost), he clears 20M/yr easily, even after taxes and agent fees, etc. If he had just spent like 500K to pay these women off for being so offended by his overtly sexual behavior, then no one’s the wiser, the women are compensated and spared public scrutiny/humiliation, and same for him, he keeps his reputation too. Like, I get why he wouldn’t WANT to spend half a mill if he doesn’t HAVE to, but damn in retrospect those settlements would have paid for themselves several times over. Someone needs to tell guys like Watson and Antonio brown and tiger woods that being cheap with women you sexed up isnt going to end well and will cost you way more in the end.

So anywho I was in the mood for spaghetti and had bought a pack of hot dogs some time ago for chili cheese dogs. Of course I ate had like 2-3 meals of chili cheese dogs before getting tired of them so had a bunch left over and decided to try filipino spaghetti, which is made with hot dogs and ham as well as ground beef and the sauce is sweeter, also it’s topped with shredded cheese instead of grated parm.
Sliced up some hot dogs and ham, fried them in a pan to brown up and set them aside, then cooked some diced onions and a little bit of mushrooms and green pepper, the shrooms and peppers aren’t traditional I don’t think but I had some on hand and thought a little wouldn’t hurt. Then added about 2/3 jar of Ragu Old World Style, some water and about 5 TB of ketchup – I didn’t have tomato sauce or paste on hand. Cooked that up, added the meat back in (including some ground beef I had from making tacos a while back), then added about 5 TB of brown sugar – gotta get that sauce sweet, and the ketchup isnt enough. Then let it simmer for 15mins, it reduced a bit, then added the noodles and some pasta water and stirred it up, topping with shredded cheddar at the end.
It turned out pretty good, if you like Jollibee spaghetti it was very similar, maybe mine was better cause the ingredients were probably better (all beef hot dogs, ham off the bone, more veggies). Of course, a real Italian cook would probably be horrified at the thought of sweet spaghetti with hot dogs, but it’s sweet and savory so I thought the flavors blended well, like salty fries and ketchup, or sweet BBQ sauce on smoked meat.

https://imgur.com/a/VRzlV6g