What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah,I can't really fault bret for the painkillers.i think he was playing with a broken thumb for awhile too.but he really was doing whatever the hell he wanted and I feel bad for his wife who stood by him even though he was cheating on her.

Anyway it's gonna be interesting to see what happens with watson.seems to me the nfl wouldn't want anything to do with him but then I remembered that even michael vick came back to play for a little while after he went to prison.now vick is the worst.i was living in GA when that shit show went down.absolutly disgusting human being and he should of got a lot more time

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think with the opiate addiction crisis in America, doctors in general are much more strict with giving out painkillers. Which is probably a bad thing if you are in chronic pain and need them. I had a family member die of stomach cancer a while ago and his docs were giving him norco up until the last month of his life when they finally gave him oral morphine. I’m like, norco? What does he have, a toothache?!? Man has tumors all up in his guts, cant eat one bite of food without crippling stomach pains, and theyre giving him vicoden like he’s got a backache, lol.

With Watson the NFL can use their personal conduct policy to levy a heavy suspension on him, even if he wins his lawsuits and criminal cases (if any). His lawyer recently said they have a witness who talked to one of these girls who tried to shake Watson down for 30K for keeping silent about their consensual encounter. So maybe this is all just a big money grab. Still seems sketchy, all these lawsuits, it’s like Watson was trying to bang a different masseuse every week. And maybe some of these girls are little more than sex workers but you have to feel for the legitimate ones; I can see a conventionally attractive woman being harassed a lot if she’s a masseuse.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
that sucks baba, the stomach/ gi tract is one of the worst places to get hurt
pain like you would not believe and not being able to eat are very serious conditions
pain management and a little compassion go a long way to help the quality of life but unfortunately some drs are afraid to uphold their oath to help
i hear a lot of ex nfl players, (especially the lower tier ones) have a hard time when they leave the league and some turn to street drugs to help deal with their symptoms
a great case could be made for the league to allow marijuana for use in pain management with its ability to reduce swelling and alleviate pain
/im sure the big named guys like farve have fancy drs who write perscriptions for what ever they want
i was reading about how the watson trial isnt as bad as some of the other more recent cases because it dosent involve criminal charges, but it still could bring down league action
i tihnk that hurts his chance of being traded
/this is good for the texans
also if the sex was consentual, it should not have even gone to the lawyers in the first place
but hey, times are tough and a hustlers gotta hustle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
its funny we were talking about farv and his problems with pain pills
pft just had a post about his problems in the past and it sounded pretty bad
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ve-killed-him/
they also mention that its very likely that they are going to a 17 game season next year!
they are going to offset by dropping one preseason game
i am all for this and cant wait for one more weekend of action

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
There’s a lot of self-medication going on with athletes who played a lot of contact sports. Even without serious muscle and skeletal injuries, if they took a lot of blows to the head they could be dealing with some severe mental/emotional issues. Vincent Jackson, who died alone in a florida hotel room recently, was said to have suffered from chronic alcoholism after his playing days ended. Jim mcmahon, former bears punky QB, also said he became a raging alcoholic after he retired. Im glad favre was able to kick his substance addictions, but sounds like he just replaced them with a sex addiction, lol, but whatever.
But ur right Pop, the nfl is supposedly going to take a serious look at cannabis as therapy, but the cynic in me thinks they’ll just use it as a bargaining chip to get what they want: we’ll let you use cannabis but you have to take less revenue sharing, etc. But at least it’s a start.

I believe the 17 game season is a certainty starting this next season, and yeah having one less preseason game will sort of make up for it, although starters rarely play that last preseason game, and some teams hardly play starters at all in the preseason.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
afer this year, i see a lot more value in the pre season games for both the players and the team, but only to a point
its a good way to shake off the off season and gives the younger guys a chance to play at the enxt level ( even if its against the second string. other rookies)
but like you said, the last game of the pre season was almost a like minor league affair
plus this might be good for season ticket holders who may get one more game of real footbal
i am all for 17 games and would even like to see an expanded playoff schedule
i almost forgot about the vincent jackson think, did they ever follow up on his cause of death?
maybe the extra game will be the compensation for allowing marijuana use, but until its legal on a federal level i dont see the nfl (key word being national) saying its cool man
/lights joint and gets ready for a great weekend!

shithawk420

Veteran
I got hit by a truck when I was a kid and have had a few other concussions and I can tell you it ruined my life.maybe coincidentally maybe not but I'm also a really bad alcoholic so I feel for those guys.getting tackled by a bunch of 350lb linebackers is probably a lot like getting hit by a truck

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Well, this past season 7 teams from each conference made the playoffs instead of the usual 6, so I assume that will be the case going forward or was that a covid only thing?
But I agree with you guys, one extra week of the regular season is a good thing, not like I need an excuse to stuff my face with food and liquor but at least I now have a ‘reason’, lol.
Not sure what’s going on with the Vjax death inquiry, if they suspect foul play or he just passed from alcohol intoxication/natural causes. It’s sad anyway you look at it but it’d be even more tragic if someone killed him.

I feel you Hawk, we’re all just a bunch of slobs on this dirtball planet just trying to get by, when you come right down to it. We came to this site because of our shared love for ganja, maybe we’re all running from something, past trauma (both physical and emotional), depression, anxiety, etc etc. But we’ll get through this, one day at a time, and maybe we’ll get through the bad times and see light at the end of the tunnel? Maybe for us, that would be a Bears superbowl victory, which, considering andy Dalton is our QB1, seems about as likely to happen as winning the lottery, but at least there’s a chance…

shithawk420

Veteran
Heh, yeah.Dalton is actually worse then Trubisky according to statistics.what a waste of money.i wish I had that kinda money to play with.oh,it's only 10 million.just chump change.no big deal!

Fuck it's so aggravating to be a bears fan.its like they are trying to make they're next move worse than the last one! Good grief!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
10M for a mediocre QB is kind of the going rate right now, unfortunately, but I hear what youre saying. Athlete and coaching salaries have risen so much in the last 20yrs, like 5-10x the cost of inflation, it’s ridiculous.

There was hope the bears would try to trade for Russell Wilson or deshaun Watson but neither seems realistically available now, to any team, so yeah, bears getting andy freaking Dalton, whose last good season was 6 years ago, is just such a mediocre move. There’s still hope they could draft a QB, maybe matt jones will fall to them, but if not a QB supposedly it’s projected that Devonta smith, the Heisman winning WR from Bama, could fall to #20. He’s electric on the field but the concern with him is size, he’s like 5’11 and 170lbs, one dirty hit and he could be out for the year.

shithawk420

Veteran
I doubt it.were probably stuck with Dalton for the year.my guess is we're gonna be a little worse than last year but we can always hope I guess.it would of been awesome to get Wilson.BUT NOOO the bears ended up with Dalton.what a joke.if memory serves me right we could of had Mahomes but we picked Trubisky.doh!!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
happening fellas, hope you all had a great weekend

like baba mentioned, we all grew up in a different time
just shake it off and rub some dirt on it and you are good to go
weve all been in the shit at one point or another and seem to have turned out ok
i wihs brett farve grew weed, he would post up
/and probably play some b'ball with stormshadow

we will see what the bears have under center this season
im not a big fan of andy dalton but i dont think he sucks
the r.willson thing was a pipe dream but d.watts was the number one qb who could have hit the market
this whole sex thing therw all that on its side but we will see how it all shakes out

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Well, we still have nick foles, so I fully expect we’ll be starting a Dalton/foles shit sandwich at QB over the season, but your point stands, they’re both mediocre and unless Khalil mack has a 20 sack season, we’re looking at 8-8 AT BEST again.
Bears could have gotten Watson or Mahomes, they went 12[SUP]th[/SUP] and 10[SUP]th[/SUP], trubisky went 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] and the bears traded up (from 3[SUP]rd[/SUP]) to get him too, lol. Ah well, they swung for the fences and struck out. If not for a good defense propping up their record, both coach and GM would have been fired by now. They managed to save their jobs by making the playoffs last season, so we’ll see if they can pull another rabbit out of their hat.

My weekend was ok, saw some family, ran some errands. Going to try to sign up for a covid vaccine soon, any of youse guys planning on getting one or are you waiting for herd immunity? No judgment.

There’s a Houston-area masseuse who wants to tell her story of watson’s inappropriate behavior: she’s not suing him, is not alleging he assaulted her but did say she’s never seen behavior like his in her hundreds of other clients and just wants an apology. So sounds like Watson is just a big time philanderer, maybe one time early on a masseuse gave him a blowjob and since then his expectation is that most masseuses will do the same since he’s a celebrity. Which, no one ever said athletes were smart, eh?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
i saw that her story was posted in SI, i wonder if she was paid for talking
she dident want to sign on with the main class action suit against d.watts, but she found another lawyer to represent her
we will see what she really wants, she sounds genuine on some levels but im still kind of on the fence about the motivation behind a lot of these lawsits
you are totally right about the defense pulling your fat out of the fire and in some ways maybe it would hvae been better to have NOT made the playoffs last season
thats right, the bears traded up to draft trubinski, hind sight is always 20/20
even with a dalton/ foles combo under center i still think they will only get mediocre production from the qb spot
now that my mom has the covid vaccine i dont think im going to get the shot
the one main thing i was worried about was her getting sick at her age
but im still relatively young and health enough
plus they arent letting people my age and health get them yet in san diego

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Im going to have to read that SI story, I just got the gist of it from espn. Also I think watson’s lawyer is going to present a bunch of other masseuses (how many massages does Watson get every week?!?) or other service professionals (maybe physical therapists, etc) who will say he never did anything inappropriate with them.

That was the biggest controversy surrounding the trubisky pick at the time, before we found out how bad he really was: giving up a couple 4[SUP]th[/SUP] rounders and a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] rounder just to move up 1 spot to draft him, when it was pretty certain no one else was going to take him at #2: the niners had the pick, weren’t looking for a QB since they had garappolo, and no other team was going to trade up with them to get trubisky. So the bears got suckered twice, first trading up to get him, and two it turned out he sucks.
Speaking of trading up, the niners gave up 2 future first rd picks and a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] rd pick to move up from #12 to #3 in this month’s draft. So looks like they want to ensure they get a top QB, probably justin fields or trey lance, assuming trevor Lawrence and zach Wilson go 1 and 2 respectively. The #3 pick they traded for was Miami’s, who got it from Houston from the laremy tunsil trade in 2019.

Ive been trying to sign up for the shot but no luck so far, im not that excited about getting it, especially the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] shot, I hear a lot of people feel pretty sick after that 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] shot, but we’ll see…

shithawk420

Veteran
I'm not getting the shot.i live in the fucking country and only around people a few times a month.no need for it really.its probably gonna be mandatory in certain situations though

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
thats right, that was the year miles garrette got picked#1
i dont think anyone in the top ten went qb except for the bears and the chiefs
im not going to fall into the miami trap this season, but watch out for them coming up; they have a ton of draft capital plus a half way decent roster
if the 9ers do draft a young qb i wonder if this will light a fire under jimmy.g's ass
/i hope not and the 9ers flounder
they have a potential top defense so you have to respect that
so i was getting my hair cut today and the lady said she was going to get her shot this week
i told her i cant because they havent opened it up for people my age, but i guess because she worls for a ahir place she is higher risk (makes sence)
/she also thought she was older than i am until i told her how old i am
who knows maybe she was just working the tips but i do like the new do
its been freaking hot here and it feels ike summer outside

troutman

Seed Whore
I'm not getting the shot.i live in the fucking country and only around people a few times a month.no need for it really.its probably gonna be mandatory in certain situations though

If you don't encounter new people every day I think it's not that necessary and I won't be getting it. ;)

I keep away from Humans as much as possible. :biggrin: