No announcement yet.

NFL 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, marshall faulk, ladainian, priest holmes, they all took turns holding the title of best RB alive. I think LT's peak was better than the others' peaks though, that's how good he was. And none of those dudes were overly large people, they were actually kind of normal sized dudes.
    The giant's RB's have been a fantasy wasteland for years now, if you were starting one of their rb's you were really scraping the bottom of the barrel. The giants threw a bunch of 4-5th round draft picks at RB the last few years to try and find a gem but none ever panned out. Now they have the most hyped RB prospect since Peterson, who at the combine proved to be as strong as an offensive lineman and as athletic as a defensive back.
    Im thinking with saquon, a healthy odell, evan engram and sterling shepard, the giants offense will be set and eli may even have a good season. Their defense lost pierre paul but still has talent. I predict they'll be the 2nd best team in the nfc east, after the eagles of course.

Bears-packers open week 1 on sunday night football. Should be an interesting game, a lot of experts are predicting good things for the bears offense and trubisky. Packers havent had a good defense in years but they continue to revamp and build up their secondary, if all those guys stay healthy and play well they could be a top 5 defensive backfield. If the bears are able to move the ball against them, you'll know their offense is legit.
    M.U.R.D.A. : Midwest Underground Reefer Development Alliance

Bababooey's 600+400w grow, Coco, Smartpots, Maxibloom, Calmag.

Midwest Grower's Unite!

Trapped in a Closet! 800watt grow.

Bababooey's Mushroom Grow!

Comment

im hearing a bit of hype about trubinsky, but until i see some real speed action its hard to gauge his potential
      i bet you are hearing the hype about how hes making this throw or that read in practice,so what is your take on him,baba'?
      that sounds like a great opener and i cant wait for the regular season to begin
      it will be a test for the bears but i think its too early to tell who will be hot this season
      im sure barkley is going to be a big upgrade for the giants on offense and he sure looks like he can play
      i saw his combine numbers (a 4.4s 40 and 29 reps) and he looks amazing on paper
      he was also in the espn magazines body issue, so ive seen so much more; lets just say the kid is jacked and has the build
      but its going to take a lot for him to live up to his potential, including a lot of help from those around him
      where is eli stacking up in fantasy this year? was he ever a top 5 pick?
      so gurley just signed a big contract thats going to keep him in LA until hes almost 30
      hes making close to what bell will be making with some decent money guaranteed, so it looks like a win win for both the rams and mr gurley
      priest holmes, man he was great! one of my favorite back, i still remember the hit that most likely ended his career, delivered by sean "lights-out" merriman
      /i was a huge fan of merrimans at the time and remember being stoked when the chargers drafted him in the first round

Comment

I havent seen or heard anything from practices hyping trubisky up, mostly just football and fantasy 'experts' expecting him to have a much improved 2nd year, maybe even on par with jared goff's improvement from a terrible rookie year to QB of a high scoring team. This is due to him having a whole different receiver group and a new, offense oriented coach.
        It'll be interesting to see if they have him line up in shotgun a lot more this season, incorporate a lot more college style read option, sprint option plays, like what the chiefs did last year. Trubisky is a mobile qb (was actually ranked the #1 dual threat qb in the country in high school) like alex smith, so anything that helps stretch out a defense can only be a good thing. Last year, under fox, you'd see him do a lot of rollouts, but under nagy we should see a lot more imaginative uses of his athleticism.

I'm thinking i would take saquon if i have a mid-round pick in the 1st round, after guys like bell and gurley and elliott and johnson, and before guys like kamara, hunt, gordon. I want to see how many defenders he hurdles this season.

Eli might have had one top 5 fantasy season, 3 years ago he threw for 4400 yds, 35tds and 14 ints, only brady, cam (mvp year) and russell might have finished with more fantasy pts that year. I think that was odell's rookie year, and last year when odell was hurt for most of the season it was bad, he even got benched for one game for geno freaking smith. That led to their coach being fired. Not sure he'll be a top 10 qb this year, but should be worthy of a starting spot in 2 qb leagues, with plenty of upside if their offense gets rolling.

Gurley just set the RB market with a 4 year deal, 15M per year, 45M guaranteed. Actually those numbers are close to what leveon bell wanted, and might get when he leaves the steelers after this season. Good for him, he really flashed some elite receiving skills last year, proving he's a complete back.

Merriman was the most disruptive defensive player in the league before injuries ruined him. You ever do his 'lights out' dance after you have a big moment? Sometimes I bust it out and people think im having a seizure or something and i have to explain what im doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ_y6KyA3kQ
        Merriman was a guest on this podcast earlier this year, talking about sports and politics and stuff. Might be interesting if youre a fan.

Midwest Grower's Unite!

Comment

thanks for the link man, i was a big fan of merriman
          /his is one of the few team jerseys i have, the others are LT and an all black seau jersey
          i think it was more than injuries that ruined sean merriman, he was know to host wold parties and there was even some incident with tia tequilla (remember her) not wanting to leave when asked. of course she made it sounds like she was an innocent victim in it all abd merriman went hard on her. but i heard another side that said he was hosting a party at his mansion and she was just mad because she caught him with another girl in his bedroom; instead of expressing remorse he was a true player and invited her to join in
          i hope he is doing well for himself whatever he is up to and making the most of his life (wasnt he trying to get into mma style fighting)
          the thing gurley has going for him is hes still really young, i think hes 24y this seasonwe will see but it seems like 30 is the magic number for running backs
          rb's have a very limited shelf life , i tihnk bell will be in his late 20's when he hits the market next year, that makes it unlikely he will be seeing a long term deal; he will still get paid so im not going to worry about him too much
          dident you mention that by drafting a guy, you get the rights to draft him in the next season (keeper league rules)?
          if thats the case it might be worth picking saquon up just to have the option to draft him next season
          have you drafted yet for the upcomming fantasy season?
          who would be your top picks this season?

Comment

I hear you can get some cheap (less than $20 inc shipping), pretty authentic looking jerseys on dhgate . c o m, which is a site that sells cheap chinese made goods. Not sure if you want to buy any more chargers jerseys, but maybe they can make a san diego one for you.

Yeah, i heard he was involved with tia tequila. I thought she was bi too, so you'd think she wouldnt be that offended at the idea of a menage a trois, but maybe there were extenuating circumstances.

I think you can still party hard and be a great player, mickey mantle, michael irvin, michael jordan, allen iverson, babe ruth, all were known to party till the wee hours before a game. I think elite athletes in general are used to pushing their physical limits. But merriman had consistent lower body injuries (knees, feet, ankles), perhaps contributed to by PED use. He did fail a drug test early in his career, and like barry bonds, sometimes PEDs give you that short term burst in performance but long term make you more susceptible to injuries (too much muscle and mass on your joints).
            I think merriman dabbled in mma and wwe for a bit but never really committed to either seriously. He's made about 22M in career earnings, after taxes you figure he received about 12-14M, which isn't a lot for an athlete who likes to party but hopefully he's got some money socked away.

Some leagues are keeper leagues but none of mine are.
            I think my top picks will correlate to what most expert's rank them as, although when you're drafting sometimes there's a run on QB's, or WR's, or RB's, and you feel pressured to snag one before all the elite prospects at that position are gone.
            I have a lot of bears fans in my league, so im sure guys like trubisky and jordan howard will go way before they should, and even secondary prospects with high upside like trey burke and anthony miller will be drafted a round or two earlier than normal by a rabid bears fan.

Midwest Grower's Unite!

Comment

im glad you mentioned jordan howard, he is a really good player that dosent seem to be getting much love at this point in his career
              maybe in your area they see his value, but around the league i think a lot of people dont know what an explosive back he is
              /not a complete back, but good for some solid numbers on the ground
              its amazing what these guys can put their bodies through and still perform, one of the gifts of being young and fit
              but yeah, fast living and peds were merrimans demise
              im more worried about giving out my CC info to the chineese knock off sites than anything else
              branded football gear is super expensive, but i will treat myself (or used to) every now and then
              do you own many bears jerseys, t-shirts, etc?
              i have a few tees, long sleeves, beanies, and couple jerseys (those things are expensive)
              im thinking of picking up a rams t shirt for next season but im pretty damned cheap...
              hope your week is wrapping up nicely brother and you have a kick ass weekend planned

Comment

Yeah, Howard finished #2 in rushing yds his rookie year and #6 last year, he's the best rb the bears have had since forte, but he doesnt add much receiving value. I think in the steelers game last year, he dropped a pass that would have been a game winning td, although the bears still ended up winning in OT.

You mentioned leveon's age, he'll be 27 next season, and youre right, 30 is about the age that RB's performance tends to decline, although guys like frank gore and maybe peterson and deangelo williams are still chugging along. But if he signs a 4 yr deal next year, he'll have a good 3 seasons before he hits that dreaded 30 age, and most nfl players in general dont see the end of their 4-5 year contracts - they either get released early if their performance falls or extended early if theyre still good.

You've heard more than me if merriman was partying too much. Was it so much that he wasnt training as much, he was getting out of shape? Losing interest in football? Not studying film and the playbook?

I think dh gate is more americanized than most sites that sell chinese goods, they may be hosted and administered here. I havent bought stuff from them in years but when i did i didnt notice any shenanigans with my card. Nowadays you always hear about this big company or that big company that gets hacked, not sure if there's anything safe anymore. Maybe you can order from them using paypal, that way only paypal has ur pmt info, not the site...

I think i have a fleece with a small bears logo, but not too much in the way of jerseys. I might have to get some if they become good again.

It's supposed to be in the 70's but raining this weekend, so not sure we can do anything outdoors, but ill try to have a good weekend nonetheless...

Midwest Grower's Unite!

Comment

camp is set ot open here for most teams and there are a couple big name hold outs
                  bell isnt reporting ot the steelers camp and aaron donald is not reporting to the rams
                  a few notable injuries this past week as well and we havent even gotten to the pre season
                  yeah, it seems like almost anyone can be hacked now days and i try and keep my internet footprint small
                  i only order online from amazon and if i have to get something from another site i will have someone else order for me
                  ( i dont even have a paypal account)
                  its funny because for someone who works with computers as much as i do, i am not a big fan of e-commerce
                  i know im a relic but i still do most of my shopping in brick and mortar stores
                  so have you selected your players yet for your fantasy football teams,baba'?
                  a few friends were talking about stats at work today and i thought about this thread
                  hope you had a great weekend and your weeek is off to a great start!

Comment

I think pretty much every team is in training camp by now. Weren't we supposed to start a new 2018 nfl thread when camp opens?

Bears and ravens play this thursday in the hall of fame game. Maybe trubisky and the starters will play a series or two, see if they actually have an offense that can move the ball. And maybe lamar jackson will play a bit for the ravens too, it'd be interesting to see him run around and throw bombs.

Chargers have already lost hunter henry and jason verrett, not a good start but maybe if that's all they lose to injury not so bad.

Shopping at brick and mortar stores is nice because you can actually touch and feel what you're buying, and makes returns easier as well, although amazon had dropoff boxes for returns.

We dont draft until the last week of the preseason, it's kind of late but at least you know by then who's been injured in camp and preseason so you can avoid those guys.

Midwest Grower's Unite!

Comment

yes, camps are open and that was when we decided to start the new thread...

to be continued in NFL 2018

Comment

no new thread?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...wns-win-1-game

Is this love or is this an epic troll? I don't care.. There is free beer involved!!!

Comment

join us over in NFL2018, mrB

Comment

Working...
                          X