What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RACING 2016

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hi ICMAG Race Fans!

Going to start this thread for the 2016 Racing season. Discussion, news, whatever you want to talk about racing related. Auto, boat, plane, bike, foot, lawnmower, air boat, snow machine, etc.

I have been a race fan and racer since I can remember. My main interest is auto racing. NASCAR, F1, Indy, D.I.R.T, NHRA, World of Outlaw and everything in between. So if you are not a fan of grown men spending billions to beat another fella to a finish line, then fighting about it in the pits, this won't be the place for you. Petrol Heads only!

This NASCAR season is going to be the best racing we have seen in quite some time. The low downforce package will put the racing back into the drivers hands and the crew chiefs will earn their money. Can't run set ups at track after track any more. Back to old school baby! Now we see who can drive!

I had high hopes for Tony Stewart this year as these new rules play directly to his driving style. Unfortunately Smoke has had his share of nightmares the last two seasons on and off the track. And just this last Sunday was involved in an accident in a sand buggy that resulted in him being airlifted to the hospital with back injuries. He will likely miss first half of the season. Bummer way to start final year. Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery! Ty Dillon maybe drive the #14??

Daytona is a great race. I have been there and the track is narrow. The cars are fucking flying by. Its intense to be sure. Can't wait to watch it.

So there, yes I am a race fan and proud of it. If you are not, just move on, I really don't want bs in this thread.

So who's a race fan!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Tony Stewart going to miss this season I think. He has a burst fracture of the L1 vertabrea. Ouch. Basically a broken back. What a bummer to miss your own retirement tour.

Get well Smoke!

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Love the Dirt Track..

Love the Dirt Track..

My favorite short track was Ascot in Los Angeles

Best Dirt Track ever

P.S. I haven't raced dirt in 40 years. :party:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I havnt heard of that track. Sounds like fun though. 40 years eh? What kind of car did you run?

Just watched some Lucas Oil Desert trick truck racing. I need to get me one of those oh boy that looks like a good time right there. I don't know who would have the balls to ride as navigator, I'm certainly not riding shotgun in those trucks, or any other racing vehicle for that matter. I do the wheelman stuff.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I actually ran AMA Flat track motorcycles

I actually ran AMA Flat track motorcycles

I havnt heard of that track. Sounds like fun though. 40 years eh? What kind of car did you run?

Just watched some Lucas Oil Desert trick truck racing. I need to get me one of those oh boy that looks like a good time right there. I don't know who would have the balls to ride as navigator, I'm certainly not riding shotgun in those trucks, or any other racing vehicle for that matter. I do the wheelman stuff.

I also ran at Ross Downs (Texas) and Ardmore OK.

Raced with the Pewvey Brothers (Teddy #1 National Plate)

Some of the best times of my life :woohoo:

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...any time man, any time!

picture.php

peace, bozo

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I raced flat track on the ice. Had a TT 500, was a sweet bike. Made quite the cash with that bike on the ice. Nice!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
NASCAR got off to a nice start this season. No rain delays.

Daytona, the Camping world trucks raced hard all night, ending with a Johnny Sauter win while Bell barrel tolled 10 times over the line.

Xfinity Series action resulted in Chase Elliot, son of Awesome Bill, winning the race for Dale Jr in the 88.

The 500 was an epic race finish, closest in 500 history. Martin Truex being bested by Denny Hamlin by .01 sec. Can you imagine racing for 500 miles and having the result be a difference of one hundredth of a second?? Wow! Dale Jr crashed out, suffering a spin trying to wheel a knife edge loose car out of the treacherous turn 4 in traffic. Wadding up his beloved chariot nicknamed Amelia. That car won many races.

This last weekend NASCAR tour stop was Atlanta, double header Saturday starting with the Xfinity race followed by the Trucks. Both races were enjoyable. I was waiting for Sunday, the first race of 2016 that we get a look at the new low down force package.

The racing did not disappoint. The cars were stupid hard to drive, the drivers worn out, but with big ass smiles plastered on there faces after 500 miles of sawing at the wheel! This season is going to be excellent racing if yesterday was any indication. Put the race into the drivers hands again as it should be!

Harvick led the most laps, but was bested by a short pit strategy by the 48 team of Johnson. Jimmie Johnson won the race for his 76th win, tying Dale Earnhardt Sr. For all time wins. No small feat there. I am not a fan of the 48, but can respect the man for his talent, 6 cups and 76 wins, and bookoo top 10's. Impressive, even if he does suck co...um right..did I mention I'm biased? Haha!

By the grace of God and 800 HP, let's go racing!

xplodngKeys

I have been a race fan and racer since I can remember. My main interest is auto racing. NASCAR, F1,

Waaaiitttt a minute, you like NASCAR AANDDDDD F1 ?!!??!!?? What sorcery is this!?

I forgot to PVR Monaco the other weekend so I'm hoping I can find a hookup on one of the torrent sites. So far I havn't had any spoilers!

I'm a fan of F1, Endurance (Le Mans, American Le Mans, some of the One-Off races), WRC, Dakar, and guys like Kimi Raikkonen..... even if they're in NASCAR ;)

I'll pretty much watch almost any form of racing though. A bucket list dream would be to race in the Dakar, do an endurance event, and build a really sketchy "safe sex dangerous driving" era demon like the 2nd car shown here.... (I'd also be down for the 1st, who are we kidding then the sound of the last 2 is pure sex)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_kwxzU4wL4

cryptop

Going to be VERY interesting this weekend for F1.... Nico won't want to get embarrassed in his home race, I'm sort of expecting some more irrational decisions by him lol

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Going to be VERY interesting this weekend for F1.... Nico won't want to get embarrassed in his home race, I'm sort of expecting some more irrational decisions by him lol

The sort of irrational decisions that seeing 44 closing in your mirrors provokes ?

But not so "irrational" now that he is no longer ahead in the standings......