What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rugby

theclearspot

Anyone into Rugby? I have traditionally been more of a Football (Soccer) fan (and player!) but in the last couple of years I am more and more into Rugby. It's a multi faceted game and the International tournaments are great. The recent World Cup was excellent (won by New Zealand). If you are whats your team? Mine is Leinster in the Irish League...:) Have a soft spot for Harlequins aswell..as I studied near Twickenham.
I like American Football aswell (LA Raiders) but cant get it in Europe on the satellite unfortunately.

B

Baron Greenback

As I'm English, I was very disappointed we didn't enter a team in the world cup. The Kiwis were wonderful, amazing handling skills.
I love football, but I find myself watching international rugby ahead of football (cricket beats them all, along with the darts :)). Probably Wasps for my team as I was at Uni with Dallaglio (he could drink but not so good with a doobie :))
Steelers for the nfl - Rich from karma to burn encouraged that :)

Last edited:

theclearspot

As I'm English, I was very disappointed we didn't enter a team in the world cup. The Kiwis were wonderful, amazing handling skills.
I love football, but I find myself watching international rugby ahead of football (cricket beats them all, along with the darts :)). Probably Wasps for my team as I was at Uni with Dallaglio (he could drink but not so good with a doobie :))
Steelers for the nfl - Rich from karma to burn encouraged that :)

Baron I presume your taking the proverbial about England, I know I was very disappointed with their showing not to get out of the groups. New trainer now anyway. Thought all the home teams were pretty poor. Ireland were good in bits but poor loss to Argentina. . Have to start watching more Cricket but its just not on the TV where I am in..

B

Baron Greenback

I pretended the world cup didn't happen :)
You could try neolive.eu or streamazone.com for all your sporting needs too.
Test cricket is just the perfect stoner sport, periods of inactivity followed by intense bursts of activity and excitement, ebbs and flows, love it. Also, how civilised is breaking for lunch and tea?

RudeDog

Veteran
Yep, I don't mind watching the rugby. The World Cup was good and proved the northern hemisphere teams are a bit behind the southern teams.

As Baron mentioned, darts is where it's at though.

theclearspot

I pretended the world cup didn't happen :)
You could try neolive.eu or streamazone.com for all your sporting needs too.
Test cricket is just the perfect stoner sport, periods of inactivity followed by intense bursts of activity and excitement, ebbs and flows, love it. Also, how civilised is breaking for lunch and tea?

oh yes a live Cricket match hot summer day a few tokes cold beer. superb.
intrigued by the Darts though never thought that was a stoner sport for watching interesting....

B

Baron Greenback

With the exception of cricket, darts is the best stoner viewing game (it's not a sport in my view because in normal play, you can't hurt yourself) - there's some on now, check those links above :)
The pressure they're under, the sheer difficulty of hitting such tiny targets, the maths - it's amazing. My advice fella - make sure you get a good stream for the World Championships, starts 17/12 (although we tend to ignore the rubbish early rounds), get lean and just settle in for the most fun you can have watching fat lads chucks bits of metal about while drunken idiots try to get on the television :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts