Disc Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disc Golf

Anyone enjoy this sport as much as I do? Easy for all ages, anyone can participate in a round of disc golf. Played just like golf but with frisbees called "Discs". You throw off the tee and try and make it in the basket (instead of a hole) in as little strokes as possible. You have drivers, mid ranges, putters, etc.... Its a great activity to do by yourself or with a group.

I am absolutely hooked!

So any discers?

Been flingin for many years...insanely fun and enjoyable if you ask me!

Flied Lice

Comment

Wow, thats a cool little GIF video.

You got a PDGA number Fly by night?

Comment

Oh man, I'm gonna have to get back out and play a round now. I have't played in a while, used to be absolutely hooked. 3-4 rounds a day on average.

Got any favorite discs? I'd be hard pressed to pick... Beast or Wraith for me. Both made by Innova. Really love my Discraft Predator as well, though....
        sigpic

Comment

I love it.... just started about 4 months ago... went with my cousin, who has been playing for years...
          He doesn't burn... But come to find out most of the people he plays with do...lol
          I'm hooked!

Comment

I still remember when I first started out. Took me about 4-6 months of playing to even figure out how to throw it straight. Gotta be perfectly straight across your chest with a good snap to get any kind of distance.

I used to "raise" my arm somewhat near the end of my throw, like throwing uphill almost. As a result my disc would fade entirely too early due to fighting gravity.

Played a course in West Virginia once. Absolutely insane playing on the side of a mountain. Lost 2 discs in the first 9 holes haha.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HerbGlaze View Post
              Wow, thats a cool little GIF video.

You got a PDGA number Fly by night?
              if I can find it, I have a small "marker" disc from the guy that invented the sport. PDGA number 0001... I hope my dog aint eat it, LOL!
              smoking more pot is NOT the answer to my problems. my problem is that i need more problems that smoking more pot IS the answer to...

Comment

Checkin in , I play a lil somnsomn. Im not competitive but I do know Speedy , the guy who runs the dghall of fame , and a few other semi-pros.

I enjoy the walk with my dogs and the companionship of a round with old friends and family.

That said, Ive given away as many discs in me quiver to newbies as I have in there currently. Its fun to help spread the game around.

I went out to San Fran a couple years ago and played like 3 courses for my first ever experience. Played GGpark, a lil 9 holer in santa cruz and my favorite , Pinto Lake, down in watkinsville , I think? Reaally badass course. I have one very similar 3 miles from me thats got major elevation changes, heavily wooded fairways and very leggy. I took my brother out on it last weekend and its the hardest one hes ever played. He wont stop talking about it.

Planning a vacation , Im always looking for new courses to play while Im there. Ive probably played in 7 different states and havent found a course I didnt like.

Im rambling , sorry - but um yeah
                I love it more than regular golf!
                Upcoming 2020 Shows:
                Hunting HammerHeads Haze : A5x FlashPoint x Firestorm
                Corvette Summer: Vert Edition
                GhettoGrow 2.0: The Basement Party

_________
                sigpic

Comment

I just got out to play for the first time in about a year, yesterday.

I play all holes as a par 3 (on any course, doesn't matter) and threw for a 58 (+4). I'll take that.

Almost skip-aced hole 1 too! Imagine that, an ace on your first throw after a 8-10 month hiatus. Still no aces yet, though.
                  sigpic

Comment

shot a round at lenora today - best ever round on any course - 66 on a 54 par
                    Upcoming 2020 Shows:

_________
                    sigpic

Comment

What is the furthest you've ever flung a d?

Comment

Im not the guy to ask , i can maybe do 50-75 yards on a good drive
                        unlike nate here
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFuXiWaakiQ
                        Upcoming 2020 Shows:

_________
                        sigpic

Comment

I can throw 300+

Got a decent arm, just working on my finesse a little bit. Played a round today and finished up +2. Think I'm gonna head down to Georgia next month for a 3-day tourney.
                          sigpic

Comment

I must of been absolutely blazed when I started this thread. Zero recollection!

Haven't been playing, got strung out again and of course stopped doing the things that brought me a sense of joy..

I'm on the straight and stoned again.. Approaching five months clean off of Heroin and Meth.

Played a few rounds and lost my disc game. I was shooting under at my local course. One day I swear shot a -9 on the front nine. Lately I've been bogie-ing every hole. I introduced my coworkers to the game though and we're all hooked. Anybody been playing lately?

Comment

i laid my bike down on some ice - my knees been fucked for 3 months - 0 rounds in 6mos for me
                              Upcoming 2020 Shows:

_________
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X