What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Barclays Premier League football/soccer (BPL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonTrich

Veteran
so im sure theres a few of us on here that are into football/soccer? I played for about 15 yrs, 2yrs middle school, 4 yrs high school, 2 years on a mens league, coached 4 yrs and ref'd 8 years.

I absolutely LOVE European football. its fast paced, and the skill level FAR surpasses MLS football we have here in the USA.

my little boy (9 months old) likes Liverpool (go figure), while im a Chelsea fan. I also like Everton, as Howard (goalie) is a good keeper.

my dvr gets loaded with recordings of the games, and I/we try and watch all of them. and you have to love those rainy games. I grew up in Florida, so we played in the winter months due to the extreme heat.

currently watching Liverpool vs Aston Villa. and sturridge is out.

so whos your favorite team(s) or player(s)?

Gardening Angel

Veteran
Hey demontrich

Nice thread should be full of banter
I'm a uk grower myself and a huge arsenal fan
Love seeing the season back after a great summer of football

Thanks
GA

Chelsea fan here, cant wait to see my team kick arsenals butt at the emirates, although i do like the way arsenal played against city, a bit more character then last year.... Is ronaldo going back to manU Next year? This season is gonna be awesome. So many teams have upped their game....let the chatter begin!!!!

Gardening Angel

Veteran
Hey sticky

Had high hopes for last season
Still have faith we will win title again in the next couple of seasons

Chelsea hey ! Better than Tottenham i suppose but not much better
Glad to have the special one back I'm sure
He's a world class manager

Thanks
GA

DemonTrich

Veteran
awesome responses guys. although I do have a favorite team, I do love to watch a great game, no matter who the BPL team is. arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U, Man City, Swansea, and im sure theres a few other great teams im forgetting to mention.

I tried to sit thru some MLS (USA league), but (imo) its too slow paced, sloppy play, lazy runs, and not enough talent compared to BPL league. some may hate me for that comment, but comparing the 2 leagues, you will see the difference is quality play.

just finished the Liverpool/AV game from 9/13. was hoping LP could have at least tied it up. nope. was also glad to see sturridge come in at 70'.

Status
Not open for further replies.