What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WORLD CUP GERMANY 06

Status
Not open for further replies.

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
GoodbyeBlueSky said:
best game so far in the cup is coming up this wednesday...
argentina vs. netherlands
both undefeated, both strong teams
guarenteed to be a great watch...

GO HOLLAND!!!!!!!!
I can't wait.

Orange power
:woohoo:
and yes half time is perfect for a doobie.

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
GoodbyeBlueSky said:
best game so far in the cup is coming up this wednesday...

argentina vs. netherlands

both undefeated, both strong teams

guarenteed to be a great watch...

i agree, this will be the test of fire for both teams :D
so far the only way to compare them and speculate a bit is that
Holland scored only 1 goal against Serbia.B while Argentina scored 6.

another excellent game will be Ecuador vs. Germany.

i'm loving this cup :woohoo:

Vision of Shiva said:
One world cup too many for Zidane methinks.

LOL that was an evil comment...

Last edited:
G

:D

Paz - not evil - :sasmokin: - just wondering why the un-Zidane like performances...?

Don't get me wrong - Zizou will always be a footballing legend but you can't help but wonder what's going on with his shit. Perhaps it's the team dynamic, tired from a long domestic season or something else - but he just looks knackered to me and where are those silky passes and graceful dance like movements on the ball?

I mean look at Ronaldo from Brazil - he looks like he can't be arsed or is just a bit past it.. Compare his performance with Robinho when he came on.

I guess every dog has his day and then it's time for new dogs to have theirs. I'm sure most coaches are aware of the importance of blooding the new blood, if you like, but you sometimes wonder whether some players are just too big to be left out of their national teams? No matter what their form at the time...to continue my line of thinking.. :D

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
Vision, i know what you mean, my comment on the 'evil' thing was not serious, your zizu comment just made me laugh 'cause i have a weak spot for mean humour :muahaha:

i would go as far as saying that Ronaldinho should get seated for at least a game... my feelings these last two games of brazil were that he was too full of himself to be able play any good... you can easily seat him down for a game and give Juninho a chance. i agree about Ronaldo as well, even though he's one of the few brasilians i actually like.
harking back to Zidane, i think he's tired plus he's on his way out, retiring, and it must affect it...he's also having a lot of fights with other important french players as well as the french coach... they are all fighting each other it seems, too many egoes.
peace.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Vision of Shiva said:
Zizou will always be a footballing legend but you can't help but wonder what's going on with his shit. Perhaps it's the team dynamic, tired from a long domestic season or something else - but he just looks knackered to me and where are those silky passes and graceful dance like movements on the ball?

You're correct VOS. He's soon 34 years old and in a few games his football career is over (in fact, if France won't qualify in the next game against Togo - Zidane can't play since he's got two yellow cards - then this was Zidane's last game). I personally think he was at his best in the Euro 2000, since then his star has slowly faded, which is quite normal. The French team is a amateurish project. Every trainer in France know that Trezeguet and Henry don't really match eachother, it's well known since the days when they played together in AS Monaco. Zidane and Henry never played well together in the National team, Henry doesn't like the balls he gets from Zidane and that's perhaps why he never really dazzled in the National team (like he does in Arsenal). So you've got three key players that don't really synchronize, but since Domenech (the French trainer) thinks that to make a National team you simply take the best players IHO and make them play together, you get what you get. The French team has some of the best players in the world, but not enough coordination, speed and audacity to make it in a World Cup game.

Last edited:

GoodbyeBlueSky

PazVerdeRadical said:
so far the only way to compare them and speculate a bit is that
Holland scored only 1 goal against Serbia.B while Argentina scored 6.

yeah, this is true. a couple things to consider however will be:

A. Serbia doesn't have the defense that holland does.
B. Holland wasn't playing very well when they played Serbia.

Argentina has a strong offense, Holland has a strong defense...

either way it'll be a great game...

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
HOPP SCHWEIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOPP SCHWEIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2-0 HELL YEAH!!!

HOPP SCHWEIZ HOPP SCHWEIZ HOPP SCHWEIZ HOPP SCHWEIZ HOPP SCHWEIZ HOPP SCHWEIZ HOPP SCHWEIZ HOPP SCHWEIZ HOPP SCHWEIZ
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:wave: next is Korea. :dueling:

Last edited:

kov

Polskaaa, bialo-czerwonaaa
CalcioErba2004 said:
Im eager to see spain play again.

erm, I was too, but it doesn't look too good now! Actually I'd like to see Tunisia win, may humble up the Spaniards a bit!

Oh and CONGRATULATIONS Trichomefarmer, Swiss stand proud!
:woohoo:

rgds, kov

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
Well the end looked mighty fine for the spaniards 3-1 Spain.
:yoinks: :yoinks:
3 goals in 20 minutes.
:bat:
The swiss had better win large over Korea for I'd rather not want to see Spain ,so soon.
:joint:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Go Bra-zil!!

5166894374_XL.jpg
SOCCER1P.JPG

marimbas

Hahahahaha verite man you are the best.... and your avatar dude... its the best. Please keep posting pictures like that man!

G

PazVerdeRadical said:
harking back to Zidane, i think he's tired plus he's on his way out, retiring, and it must affect it...he's also having a lot of fights with other important french players as well as the french coach... they are all fighting each other it seems, too many egoes.
peace.

Rosy Cheeks said:
You're correct VOS. He's soon 34 years old and in a few games his football career is over (in fact, if France won't qualify in the next game against Togo - Zidane can't play since he's got two yellow cards - then this was Zidane's last game). I personally think he was at his best in the Euro 2000, since then his star has slowly faded, which is quite normal. The French team is a amateurish project. Every trainer in France know that Trezeguet and Henry don't really match eachother, it's well known since the days when they played together in AS Monaco. Zidane and Henry never played well together in the National team, Henry doesn't like the balls he gets from Zidane and that's perhaps why he never really dazzled in the National team (like he does in Arsenal). So you've got three key players that don't really synchronize, but since Domenech (the French trainer) thinks that to make a National team you simply take the best players IHO and make them play together, you get what you get. The French team has some of the best players in the world, but not enough coordination, speed and audacity to make it in a World Cup game.

Paz / Rosy - very well put - couldn't agree more. It's sad to see when players get a little bit too big for their boots and all the in-fighting starts...look at Ljungberg and Mellburg(sp?) they are like that too.

It must be massively disappointing for the French to see their team play in this way - especially after their brilliant performance to win it in France 98. I mean I'm a Brit and I get pissed off watching these prima donnas carry on. I suppose being a lifelong Arsenal fan I have an affiliation with the French national team and would still like to see them sort themselves out and go on to do well.

Anyway, what about the bloody Germans eh? :D They are getting better and better it would appear - told you not to write them off!

After England vs. Sweden tonight we'll know if it's going to be England vs. Germany next round - (this will be a massive game for England - the nation expects - big time!!) or England vs. Ecuador.

Come on the English tonight!!! Time to show the world that we can play a bit too. And if Sven is reading - we don't want any boring rubbish you muppet! :D (I like Sven really)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.