What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WORLD CUP GERMANY 06

Status
Not open for further replies.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Gypsy Nirvana said:
.....Really......just watched the Argentinian team play the Sebian-Montenegran team.......6-0 to Argentina........one goal was the result of 24 perfect passes.......OMG!

.....Looks like the Argie's are going to be hard to beat by any team this World Cup...

I think you're right Gypsy, Argentina is a monster right now, i'd put them up with the Czechs, the Dutch and Brasil. USA has a murderous game against the Italians on Saturday but if they pull off a win they could regain a little bit of their honor.

so we'll see what the US is made of tomorrow (techniclly today). Italy looked pretty strong in the last game against Ghana, but hopefully they overlook the skill in the US. If Ghana can keep up with them, then the US should damn well keep too. Looks like they are going to make some position changes... Donavan being moved back to midfielder mainly. Man, i just want them to win a game at least, shit... or i guess i have to wait four more years. If US can't pull it out, then i'm going for Switzerland and Ecuador.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
mace_ecam said:
who thinks that the british team is strong?

They've got a great team, Rooney will get into the game soon, Sven Göran Eriksson is a great strategist. They'll win their pool, although they need luck as well to make it to the finals. So far, Argentina and Spain has provided the best play IMO. I'd love to see them in the final. I meet so many arrogant asshat Brazilians sure of victory that I would like to see them fall, even though I love to see Ronaldinho and Kaka play.

yeah, even though Brazil won, they showed a lot of weakness, per say. but on the other hand they did show a lot of skillful play which is why they are always a better than average team and can never be counted out. imo, they just need to play thoroughly good games and they can do anything.

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
don't be fooled by the comments made by some italian players saying they didn't know jack about the U.S team and its players... it's all part of the game, mind games, the italians have too much football too, and i sincerly do not see the U.S winning, but i know tons of people who would like to see Italy loose because after the brazilians, it is the italians with the most boastfull mouths, although people insist it is us the argentinians, but we are most humble and wise to be doing that lol !

you can never write Brazil off, although i noticed they are not playing like a real team (like Argentina, Ecuador, Spain and Czek R. have shown), but they can pull their shit together in a matter of minutes... this is how football is played down here, usually there are no teams and you just go somewhere where people are playing and improvised teams are made, this gives you an spontaneous knowledge of the game that north americans have not yet even begun to grasp, for they all start to play in "soccer" leagues from early on... without this street culture, their game will never improve to master levels like south american football... think about it, this is the same reason why american basketball is the best.

peace!

Last edited:

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Paz, I assure you that there are lads in the streets and slums in Chicago, that could go out today and kick our own teams ass, and you are right, it is the ones that play for the love of the game. They do not even show the world cup here[except on cable], not enough commercial advertizers I suppose. I hope we do better today, we have a lot to learn from the rest of y'all.
H

G

Rosy Cheeks said:
Sven Göran Eriksson is a great strategist.

Yea, because only a great strategist would pick injured forwards.
Somehow, somewhere he got lucky and now he's a manager. I wouldn't let the guy flip my happy meals yo. He has more passion for the silicone model chicks he dates then the game.. Not to mention he fell for 'the fake oil sheikh' trick.. LoL C'mon talk about old tricks :D

Hey, if England wins the World Cup with Svennis, i'll donate all my buds, seeds and all my growgear to charity.. But we know that will never happen :chin:

GOOOO IVORY COAST! :woohoo:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Oyster Magnet said:
Yea, because only a great strategist would pick injured forwards. Somehow, somewhere he got lucky and now he's a manager.
You focused on a detail and chose to ignore his life work. Here's what he's done as a trainer (and strategist):

1979-82: IFK Gothenburg
Swedish Cup Winners 1979
Swedish League Champions 1981
Swedish League Champions 1982
UEFA Cup Winners 1982

1982-84: SL Benfica
Portuguese League Champions 1983
Portuguese League Champions 1984
Portuguese Cup Winners 1983

1984-87: AS Roma
Italian Cup Winners 1986

1987-89: AC Fiorentina

1989-92: SL Benfica
Portuguese League Champions 1991

1992-97: Sampdoria UC
Italian Cup Winners 1994

1997-2000: SS Lazio
Italian Cup Winners 1998
Italian Super Cup Winners 1998
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup Winners 1999
UEFA Super Cup Winners 1999
Italian League Champions 2000

I'd say there are less than a dozen trainers in the world that could match that. Injured forwards? If you're referring to Rooney, he's back in the game. If Eriksson would not have included him in the team, he would have been publicly lynched.

Oyster Magnet said:
Not to mention he fell for 'the fake oil sheikh' trick.. LoL C'mon talk about old tricks

If you'd ever lived in the UK, you'd know how wile and mean the British press can be. Oldest trick in the world? Yeah, maybe in your corner of the world.

Oyster Magnet said:
Hey, if England wins the World Cup with Svennis, i'll donate all my buds, seeds and all my growgear to charity.

It's been noted. I take it as an official declaration. I'm sure Gypsy can handle the distribution of your stuff to needy people, if England wins. Just saw the soccer news on TV. Seems like Fabien Barthez (the French goalie) smoked a joint the other day, German paparazzi took candid pictures of him puffing on a funny looking cigarette. He has tested positive for Cannabis at several occasions during his career and missed the selection to the national team in -96 because of it, if I remember it right.

stikky budz

mace_ecam said:
who thinks that the british team is strong?

ermmmmm,,,,,,excuse me, its the ENGLISH team. :D.

Scotland, Ireland and Wales dont seem to like taking part so much :D

Last edited:
G

Looks like i hit the spot there :)

Rosy Cheeks said:
If you'd ever lived in the UK, you'd know how wile and mean the British press can be. Oldest trick in the world? Yeah, maybe in your corner of the world.
:D I've been there and i know that, someone should have told Svennis too :D
Anyways it was just a joke, get over it.
The English FA lost faith in him with that thing too btw.. So it's not just me talking :)

How come u didnt adress the silicone bitch comment btw?
Perhaps coz it's true?

Rosy Cheeks said:
You focused on a detail and chose to ignore his life work. Here's what he's done as a trainer (and strategist):

1979-82: IFK Gothenburg
Swedish Cup Winners 1979
Swedish League Champions 1981
Swedish League Champions 1982
UEFA Cup Winners 1982

1982-84: SL Benfica
Portuguese League Champions 1983
Portuguese League Champions 1984
Portuguese Cup Winners 1983

1984-87: AS Roma
Italian Cup Winners 1986

1987-89: AC Fiorentina

1989-92: SL Benfica
Portuguese League Champions 1991

1992-97: Sampdoria UC
Italian Cup Winners 1994

1997-2000: SS Lazio
Italian Cup Winners 1998
Italian Super Cup Winners 1998
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup Winners 1999
UEFA Super Cup Winners 1999
Italian League Champions 2000

Can i get stats on how many of those jobs he got fired from?

Ok, with Lazio he did ok. Gotta give him that.. But who counts super cups?
No wait. Who even takes time to watch those pre-season shit games?
Besides the most hardcore fans and ppl who get free tickets..
Sure they might be (usually) big name teams, but i dont remember one super cup game that was anything special. :)

Benfica has done better without him. So has Roma.. Not much tho, but still..

Swede league? C'mon man, yers might be much better then ours but c'mon :D
That's where he got lucky i quess. Then some more luck outside Sweden. He's still a fuck up. '

the Daily Mail columnist Jeff Powell wrote:

"So, the mother country of football, birthplace of the greatest game, has finally gone from the cradle to the shame. We've sold our birthright down the fjord to a nation of seven million skiers and hammer throwers who spend half their lives in darkness."

That's pretty fucked up. Svennis got English news papers hating on swedes too. Doesnt taht count for anything? :)

On a more personal note.. U can pull all the facts and stats.. Svennis can come to my door and plant my Skunk#1s and rub my back and make me dinner.. I'll still be a hater. There is no changing that..
The guy loves money and thinks he is bigger then his job. Fuck him

Oh and u can count on the charity thing :D
But send stuff to Gypsy? Hell no, atleast unless u'r paying for the shipping. I have a lot of stuff.. Also a lot of friends who will be happy to take my gear.
But that is never gonna happen, coz England aint winning this year

G

Hmm? The English team have been disappointing up until now it has to be said.

OK we've done what we've needed to do and we'll probably win this group now (providing we can draw or beat the Swedes) but there are a lot of improvements to be made if we are going to compete with the Argentinas and Spains of this world or even the German or Ecuadorians - one of whom will be our next test.

I think the stats against Trinidad and Tobago said it all. England had something like - 16 shots on goal and 6 on target and that just aint gonna cut the mustard at this level. England had 70% posession as well. OK T&T stuck everyone behind the ball and just defended but people like Lampard and most worryingly Michael Owen are just not sticking away, what should be bread and butter goals for them.

On a more positive note - Gerrard scored a great goal and he is without doubt the engine of the English team....and he can play with the best of them. Beckham can always hit a ball 50 yards onto a sixpence every time - so he will always be dangerous too - in his own "I'm a celebrity fashion model/footballer get me outta here" way!

As for Lampard and Owen - they need to find form quickly. Hargreaves, I have never really rated that much but he's a Bayern Munich player and Swen seems to love him so he always plays.

As for the lanky buzzard robot that is Peter Crouch....? :D He still looks like something from an Ealing comedy but to be fair to him he's doing his best.

And then there's Rooney - the wonder kid - who can turn games in minutes usually, but he's coming back from injury and he aint gonna be brilliant straightaway as we have seen.

The English defence looks sound though.

Anyway, we could go on all day about England but the best team I've seen so far have been Paz's boys - the Argentinians. Spain look shit hot too.

Haha this Ghana vs. Czech match is going a bit mad - penalty - Czechs down to 10 men - is it gonna be 2-0 - no it isn't!!! Hahaha.

If it stays this way it'll mean the US aren't out of it if they can take something from the Italian game later.

The plot thickens.... (rubs hands :D)

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Oyster Magnet said:
Looks like i hit the spot there

Nah, it's okay. I think Svennis earns more merit than he's received by the English tabloid press (and you), that's all.

Oyster Magnet said:
How come u didnt adress the silicone bitch comment btw?
Perhaps coz it's true?

Perhaps yes, so what? The guy's horny at his old age, it doesn't bother me. Clinton getting blowjobs from Monica didn't bother me either, still it raised hell in the US.

Oyster Magnet said:
But that is never gonna happen, coz England aint winning this year

Maybe, or maybe so! Gotta get back to the game; Ghana beats the Czech Republic!

Last edited:

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
my hat is off to the team of Ghana, they won the game justly and with a lot of football. if they play like they played the Czeks, the U.S has no chance in hell.
but lets see the up-comming game... :D

i never liked Bartez (sp? the french goal keeper) but he sounds like a better person for smoking cannabis hehehe...

hey btw, who has more info on Ghana and cannabis?

peace!

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
Well the violent ones are playing... 3 red cards.

the pope getting tossed against Italy is too funny.

Congrats GHANA go red gold green.

the usa pulls a point out of the italians, even down 1 player 9 vs 10.

too funny.

:woohoo:

Last edited:
both those red cards for the US were uncalled for. that ref should be banned. that whole entire game i was literally on the edge of my seat. with the US down a man for half the game, they sure did prove that they are a more than worthy team to advance. good game, good game.. imo most bizarre and exciting game of the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts