What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WORLD CUP GERMANY 06

Status
Not open for further replies.

big mike

wtf, if everyone played the game like that, it may be different, but im sorry to say not everyone does. There are hacks out there incase youve never played against them.. I'd like to play in this magical little football league where everyone plays by the rules, cus i just dont see it.
If my opponent needs to talk trash to get the advantage, well im just not going to let that happen.. i dont feel it warrants a deliberate headbutt to the chest..

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Zidane's version of the incident is out. Materazzi was holding on to his shirt - which is a foul and should be penalized (even though everybody does it). Zidane told him to let go, and said "if you want my shirt, you can have it after the game." To this, he got insults concerning his mother and his sister, both were prostitutes according to Materazzi. Zidane's mother by the way is seriously sick and hospitalized. This is a big concern to Zidane, and during the World Cup in a TV interview, Zidane said straight out "Mom, I love you." This is something he never ever does normally, involving his private life in the media. Then he got the same insults a second time, and as he furiously ran away with the intention of leaving it be, Materazzi repeated it a third time in his back (check the footage of the incident). That was once too many. I personally think the Italians should do something about this, make sure this pile of shit Materazzi never shows his ugly face in a serious competition again. Them and everybody else will be better off without him.

naga_sadu

wtf, if everyone played the game like that, it may be different, but im sorry to say not everyone does.

It's sad to see a bunch of guys threatened w/ life imprisonment along with rigerous imprisonment if they lost display more sportsmanship than someone who has set aside enough dough to see him thru a lifetime...and who enjoys more than a comfortable lifestyle in his native place. What the fuck man?

Either ways, I hope u agree that only lame gimps use provocation and sensitivities as tools to try and press for an advantage in a fucking sports match! Till now, I thought that the most ridiculous event in football was when my home team (India) withdrew in 1950 despite qualifying because FIFA refused to allow them to play barefooted. Accepting a jerry springer like provocation as a norm in the highest level of a sport- that too football overrides this by a longshot.

Last edited:

big mike

and nothing should happen to Zidane? becuase he was provoked? c'mon now..
If i can find a way to get into my opponents head, which will inturn give me an advantage, then you better believe im going to do it. If this was a pick-up game, i could understand the friendly atmosphere and sportsmanlike conduct.. but this was a world cup final. Basically, all or nothing.. and when that kind of pressure is on the line, you need every advantage you can get, and if that means i need to push someone's buttons, so be it..
I've played on every level, all the way up to and including nationals. And as the level of play increase the dirty tactics and trash talking escalate ten-fold. When everyone is on a level playing field and your skills are as good as the next guy, youll need that mental advantage.. and imo Materazzi played it and brought his team to a one man advantage and Zidane was a poor sport who cost his team the title, plain and simple..
Have you ever heard "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"
seems Zidane could have used just a bit more discipline if he truly was the great player, which he displyed so many times before..

naga_sadu

and nothing should happen to Zidane? becuase he was provoked? c'mon now..

Who ever said that?? While I agree Zidanne should be punished but so should Materazzi. If I had it my way, I'd zap him back in time to 1966 make him play for the DPRK team...

If i can find a way to get into my opponents head, which will inturn give me an advantage, then you better believe im going to do it.

The notion of beating your opponent by honing your own skills by putting more time in field practice didn't occur to you? Or making yourself a tad bit fitter by working out more??

I've played on every level, all the way up to and including nationals. And as the level of play increase the dirty tactics and trash talking escalate ten-fold.

That's why I told you to look at the USSR Vs. DPRK match in 1966. It was the same world cup and the same FIFA. Also look at the DPRK Vs. Portugal match then. The North Koreans were smashing the Portuguese w/ a 3 goal lead. The Portuguese then clawed back to make it 5-3. With Escuebio on board. But still- I didn't either see the North Koreans or the Portuguese playing these sissy mind games. If you need a more recent example, take a look at the recent South Korea Vs. Togo match in this world cup. I'm sorry man, but your coaches seriously blow arse if they didn't teach you sportsmanship!!

Just out of curiousity, what national team did you represent?

Last edited:

big mike

My coaches all taught me plenty about sportsman ship, and i play it well. When my opponent chooses not to though, as was the case with Materazzi and Zidane. Who was the one who showed the sportsman ship? If Zidane was half the sportsman we all knew him to be(and your claiming all football players to be) he would have beat him at the game itself. but unfortunately this is real life, not that magical football league you play in. Zidane showed a complete lack of sportmanship, as did Materazzi by trash talking. BUT. we dont know the whole situation and who started it, like Rosy mentioned, so we can only speculate.

Last edited:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
I think it's chrystal clear who started it. Materazzi commited a foul by holding on to Zidane's shirt. When he was told to back off, he replied with a number of insults. The only explanation Materazzi (who admits the foul and the insults) has given so far is that Zidane looked at him in an arrogant way, to him that justified vile insults on Zidane's family. Is this Alice in Wonderland, or is something wrong here? As I've repeated numerous times, and naga sadu too, Zidane has been punished with a red card, and nobody's contesting this red card (please register Big Mike). The question is; what's going to be done with Materazzi? He commited three fouls; he held on to Zidane's shirt, he uttered grave insults, and he threw himself to the ground and faked injury (if Zidane really wanted to injure Materazzi, he could have planted that headbutt on the nose or the mouth, that would have hurt. Instead he went for the torso). Three fouls against one - morally justified IMO.

naga_sadu

not that magical football league you play in

Sorry to point it out man but the Togo and South Korea were very much in the same World Cup of 2006. The 66 team of DPRK, USSR, Portugal were also in the exact same league- the world cup.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Yes, only 693 days to go until it starts. Before that though, a replay between France and Italy in September, in Paris. I'll be there for sure. Better stuff a sock in Materazzi's mouth this time Italia, or he risks getting hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.