Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My coaches all taught me plenty about sportsman ship, and i play it well. When my opponent chooses not to though, as was the case with Materazzi and Zidane. Who was the one who showed the sportsman ship? If Zidane was half the sportsman we all knew him to be(and your claiming all football players to be) he would have beat him at the game itself. but unfortunately this is real life, not that magical football league you play in. Zidane showed a complete lack of sportmanship, as did Materazzi by trash talking. BUT. we dont know the whole situation and who started it, like Rosy mentioned, so we can only speculate.
    Last edited by big mike; 07-13-2006, 13:49.
    "I'm not going to be a criminal much longer."

Comment

I think it's chrystal clear who started it. Materazzi commited a foul by holding on to Zidane's shirt. When he was told to back off, he replied with a number of insults. The only explanation Materazzi (who admits the foul and the insults) has given so far is that Zidane looked at him in an arrogant way, to him that justified vile insults on Zidane's family. Is this Alice in Wonderland, or is something wrong here? As I've repeated numerous times, and naga sadu too, Zidane has been punished with a red card, and nobody's contesting this red card (please register Big Mike). The question is; what's going to be done with Materazzi? He commited three fouls; he held on to Zidane's shirt, he uttered grave insults, and he threw himself to the ground and faked injury (if Zidane really wanted to injure Materazzi, he could have planted that headbutt on the nose or the mouth, that would have hurt. Instead he went for the torso). Three fouls against one - morally justified IMO.

"The time has come" the walrus said,
      "To talk of many things:
      Of shoes-and ships-and sealing wax
      Of cabbages-and kings-
      And why the sea is boiling hot
      And whether pigs have wings."

Lewis Carroll

Rosy's Mugshots and stuff...

looking for the Ogre

Blueberry Buds and some Wild Thoughts

Overgrow!

-Anything said by Rosy Cheeks is made up by a person trying to make himself seem important on the internet. The pictures in the gallery are photoshopped fakes.

Comment

not that magical football league you play in
        Sorry to point it out man but the Togo and South Korea were very much in the same World Cup of 2006. The 66 team of DPRK, USSR, Portugal were also in the exact same league- the world cup.
        Smoke herb! :joint:

"....what CNN never dared to tell you." Thanx for the idea Vision of Shiva...

1. Corp watch: Please read and support!
        2. Backyard compost makers unite!!

Comment

Comment

a bit late but i was a week in Spain...
            congratulations to Italy.
            (i´m with you Zidane!)

p.s. www.uefa.com/Competitions/euro/index.html
            it´s only a couple of days away

Comment

Yes, only 693 days to go until it starts. Before that though, a replay between France and Italy in September, in Paris. I'll be there for sure. Better stuff a sock in Materazzi's mouth this time Italia, or he risks getting hurt.

"The time has come" the walrus said,
              "To talk of many things:
              Of shoes-and ships-and sealing wax
              Of cabbages-and kings-
              And why the sea is boiling hot
              And whether pigs have wings."

Lewis Carroll

Rosy's Mugshots and stuff...

looking for the Ogre

Blueberry Buds and some Wild Thoughts

Overgrow!

-Anything said by Rosy Cheeks is made up by a person trying to make himself seem important on the internet. The pictures in the gallery are photoshopped fakes.

Comment

Rosy is right on the money...

Comment

Working...
                X