This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoodbyeBlueSky
    best game so far in the cup is coming up this wednesday...
    argentina vs. netherlands
    both undefeated, both strong teams
    guarenteed to be a great watch...

GO HOLLAND!!!!!!!!
    I can't wait.

Orange power

and yes half time is perfect for a doobie.
    It wasn't me!

Comment

damn my balls hurt.

damn verite careful with those images.
      It wasn't me!

Comment

Originally posted by GoodbyeBlueSky
        best game so far in the cup is coming up this wednesday...

argentina vs. netherlands

both undefeated, both strong teams

guarenteed to be a great watch...
        i agree, this will be the test of fire for both teams
        so far the only way to compare them and speculate a bit is that
        Holland scored only 1 goal against Serbia.B while Argentina scored 6.

another excellent game will be Ecuador vs. Germany.

i'm loving this cup

Originally posted by Vision of Shiva

One world cup too many for Zidane methinks.
        LOL that was an evil comment...
        Last edited by PazVerdeRadical; 06-18-2006, 23:53.
        "spread a little love and let the blessing go around..."

...so what u rep don?

Comment

Paz - not evil - - just wondering why the un-Zidane like performances...?

Don't get me wrong - Zizou will always be a footballing legend but you can't help but wonder what's going on with his shit. Perhaps it's the team dynamic, tired from a long domestic season or something else - but he just looks knackered to me and where are those silky passes and graceful dance like movements on the ball?

I mean look at Ronaldo from Brazil - he looks like he can't be arsed or is just a bit past it.. Compare his performance with Robinho when he came on.

I guess every dog has his day and then it's time for new dogs to have theirs. I'm sure most coaches are aware of the importance of blooding the new blood, if you like, but you sometimes wonder whether some players are just too big to be left out of their national teams? No matter what their form at the time...to continue my line of thinking..

Comment

Vision, i know what you mean, my comment on the 'evil' thing was not serious, your zizu comment just made me laugh 'cause i have a weak spot for mean humour

i would go as far as saying that Ronaldinho should get seated for at least a game... my feelings these last two games of brazil were that he was too full of himself to be able play any good... you can easily seat him down for a game and give Juninho a chance. i agree about Ronaldo as well, even though he's one of the few brasilians i actually like.
            harking back to Zidane, i think he's tired plus he's on his way out, retiring, and it must affect it...he's also having a lot of fights with other important french players as well as the french coach... they are all fighting each other it seems, too many egoes.
            peace.
            "spread a little love and let the blessing go around..."

...so what u rep don?

Comment

LMAO...those pics are classics

Comment

Originally posted by Vision of Shiva
                Zizou will always be a footballing legend but you can't help but wonder what's going on with his shit. Perhaps it's the team dynamic, tired from a long domestic season or something else - but he just looks knackered to me and where are those silky passes and graceful dance like movements on the ball?
                You're correct VOS. He's soon 34 years old and in a few games his football career is over (in fact, if France won't qualify in the next game against Togo - Zidane can't play since he's got two yellow cards - then this was Zidane's last game). I personally think he was at his best in the Euro 2000, since then his star has slowly faded, which is quite normal. The French team is a amateurish project. Every trainer in France know that Trezeguet and Henry don't really match eachother, it's well known since the days when they played together in AS Monaco. Zidane and Henry never played well together in the National team, Henry doesn't like the balls he gets from Zidane and that's perhaps why he never really dazzled in the National team (like he does in Arsenal). So you've got three key players that don't really synchronize, but since Domenech (the French trainer) thinks that to make a National team you simply take the best players IHO and make them play together, you get what you get. The French team has some of the best players in the world, but not enough coordination, speed and audacity to make it in a World Cup game.
                Last edited by Rosy Cheeks; 06-19-2006, 23:15.

"The time has come" the walrus said,
                "To talk of many things:
                Of shoes-and ships-and sealing wax
                Of cabbages-and kings-
                And why the sea is boiling hot
                And whether pigs have wings."

Lewis Carroll

Rosy's Mugshots and stuff...

looking for the Ogre

Blueberry Buds and some Wild Thoughts

Overgrow!

-Anything said by Rosy Cheeks is made up by a person trying to make himself seem important on the internet. The pictures in the gallery are photoshopped fakes.

Comment

Originally posted by PazVerdeRadical
                  so far the only way to compare them and speculate a bit is that
                  Holland scored only 1 goal against Serbia.B while Argentina scored 6.
                  yeah, this is true. a couple things to consider however will be:

A. Serbia doesn't have the defense that holland does.
                  B. Holland wasn't playing very well when they played Serbia.

Argentina has a strong offense, Holland has a strong defense...

either way it'll be a great game...
                  'Convictions are greater enemies of truth than lies' -Nietzche

Comment

2 hours to go.... HOPP SCHWEIZ!!!!!!!!
                    It wasn't me!

Comment

Originally posted by trichomefarmer
                      2 hours to go.... HOPP SCHWEIZ!!!!!!!!

the swiss fans are all so polite looking...

not like the brits
                      'Convictions are greater enemies of truth than lies' -Nietzche

Comment

Im eager to see spain play again. Argentina and Spain look the best to me so far.
                        I am infectiously dedicated to the vast art of nothing...

Comment

HOPP SCHWEIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

2-0 HELL YEAH!!!

HOPP SCHWEIZ HOPP SCHWEIZ HOPP SCHWEIZ HOPP SCHWEIZ HOPP SCHWEIZ HOPP SCHWEIZ HOPP SCHWEIZ HOPP SCHWEIZ HOPP SCHWEIZ

next is Korea.
                          Last edited by trichomefarmer; 06-19-2006, 20:35.
                          It wasn't me!

Comment

Originally posted by CalcioErba2004
                            Im eager to see spain play again.
                            erm, I was too, but it doesn't look too good now! Actually I'd like to see Tunisia win, may humble up the Spaniards a bit!

Oh and CONGRATULATIONS Trichomefarmer, Swiss stand proud!

rgds, kov
                            kov's outdoor 2006

kov grows Crazy Monk's gear

Comment

Well the end looked mighty fine for the spaniards 3-1 Spain.

3 goals in 20 minutes.

The swiss had better win large over Korea for I'd rather not want to see Spain ,so soon.
                              It wasn't me!

Comment

Go Bra-zil!!

Strains by Verite .......................... sigpic
                                Holy Grail Intro, Seeds at Seebay, Private Breeders
                                Orange Diesel Intro, Seeds now at Seedbay

Comment

Working...
                                X