This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mace_ecam
    who thinks that the british team is strong?
    ermmmmm,,,,,,excuse me, its the ENGLISH team. .

Scotland, Ireland and Wales dont seem to like taking part so much
    Last edited by stikky budz; 06-17-2006, 17:58.
    Overgrow FAQ

Comment

Looks like i hit the spot there

Originally posted by Rosy Cheeks
      If you'd ever lived in the UK, you'd know how wile and mean the British press can be. Oldest trick in the world? Yeah, maybe in your corner of the world.
      I've been there and i know that, someone should have told Svennis too
      Anyways it was just a joke, get over it.
      The English FA lost faith in him with that thing too btw.. So it's not just me talking

How come u didnt adress the silicone bitch comment btw?
      Perhaps coz it's true?

Originally posted by Rosy Cheeks
      You focused on a detail and chose to ignore his life work. Here's what he's done as a trainer (and strategist):

1979-82: IFK Gothenburg
      Swedish Cup Winners 1979
      Swedish League Champions 1981
      Swedish League Champions 1982
      UEFA Cup Winners 1982

1982-84: SL Benfica
      Portuguese League Champions 1983
      Portuguese League Champions 1984
      Portuguese Cup Winners 1983

1984-87: AS Roma
      Italian Cup Winners 1986

1987-89: AC Fiorentina

1989-92: SL Benfica
      Portuguese League Champions 1991

1992-97: Sampdoria UC
      Italian Cup Winners 1994

1997-2000: SS Lazio
      Italian Cup Winners 1998
      Italian Super Cup Winners 1998
      UEFA Cup Winners' Cup Winners 1999
      UEFA Super Cup Winners 1999
      Italian League Champions 2000
      Can i get stats on how many of those jobs he got fired from?

Ok, with Lazio he did ok. Gotta give him that.. But who counts super cups?
      No wait. Who even takes time to watch those pre-season shit games?
      Besides the most hardcore fans and ppl who get free tickets..
      Sure they might be (usually) big name teams, but i dont remember one super cup game that was anything special.

Benfica has done better without him. So has Roma.. Not much tho, but still..

Swede league? C'mon man, yers might be much better then ours but c'mon
      That's where he got lucky i quess. Then some more luck outside Sweden. He's still a fuck up. '

the Daily Mail columnist Jeff Powell wrote:

"So, the mother country of football, birthplace of the greatest game, has finally gone from the cradle to the shame. We've sold our birthright down the fjord to a nation of seven million skiers and hammer throwers who spend half their lives in darkness."
      That's pretty fucked up. Svennis got English news papers hating on swedes too. Doesnt taht count for anything?

On a more personal note.. U can pull all the facts and stats.. Svennis can come to my door and plant my Skunk#1s and rub my back and make me dinner.. I'll still be a hater. There is no changing that..
      The guy loves money and thinks he is bigger then his job. Fuck him

Oh and u can count on the charity thing
      But send stuff to Gypsy? Hell no, atleast unless u'r paying for the shipping. I have a lot of stuff.. Also a lot of friends who will be happy to take my gear.
      But that is never gonna happen, coz England aint winning this year

Comment

Hmm? The English team have been disappointing up until now it has to be said.

OK we've done what we've needed to do and we'll probably win this group now (providing we can draw or beat the Swedes) but there are a lot of improvements to be made if we are going to compete with the Argentinas and Spains of this world or even the German or Ecuadorians - one of whom will be our next test.

I think the stats against Trinidad and Tobago said it all. England had something like - 16 shots on goal and 6 on target and that just aint gonna cut the mustard at this level. England had 70% posession as well. OK T&T stuck everyone behind the ball and just defended but people like Lampard and most worryingly Michael Owen are just not sticking away, what should be bread and butter goals for them.

On a more positive note - Gerrard scored a great goal and he is without doubt the engine of the English team....and he can play with the best of them. Beckham can always hit a ball 50 yards onto a sixpence every time - so he will always be dangerous too - in his own "I'm a celebrity fashion model/footballer get me outta here" way!

As for Lampard and Owen - they need to find form quickly. Hargreaves, I have never really rated that much but he's a Bayern Munich player and Swen seems to love him so he always plays.

As for the lanky buzzard robot that is Peter Crouch....? He still looks like something from an Ealing comedy but to be fair to him he's doing his best.

And then there's Rooney - the wonder kid - who can turn games in minutes usually, but he's coming back from injury and he aint gonna be brilliant straightaway as we have seen.

The English defence looks sound though.

Anyway, we could go on all day about England but the best team I've seen so far have been Paz's boys - the Argentinians. Spain look shit hot too.

Haha this Ghana vs. Czech match is going a bit mad - penalty - Czechs down to 10 men - is it gonna be 2-0 - no it isn't!!! Hahaha.

If it stays this way it'll mean the US aren't out of it if they can take something from the Italian game later.

The plot thickens.... (rubs hands )

Comment

Go on the Ghana!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oyster Magnet
            Looks like i hit the spot there
            Nah, it's okay. I think Svennis earns more merit than he's received by the English tabloid press (and you), that's all.

How come u didnt adress the silicone bitch comment btw?
            Perhaps coz it's true?
            Perhaps yes, so what? The guy's horny at his old age, it doesn't bother me. Clinton getting blowjobs from Monica didn't bother me either, still it raised hell in the US.

But that is never gonna happen, coz England aint winning this year
            Maybe, or maybe so! Gotta get back to the game; Ghana beats the Czech Republic!
            Last edited by Rosy Cheeks; 06-17-2006, 19:41.

"The time has come" the walrus said,
            "To talk of many things:
            Of shoes-and ships-and sealing wax
            Of cabbages-and kings-
            And why the sea is boiling hot
            And whether pigs have wings."

Lewis Carroll

Rosy's Mugshots and stuff...

looking for the Ogre

Blueberry Buds and some Wild Thoughts

Overgrow!

-Anything said by Rosy Cheeks is made up by a person trying to make himself seem important on the internet. The pictures in the gallery are photoshopped fakes.

Comment

WHAT AN UPSET. Ghana is a few minutes from pulling a fast one on the Czechs, and helping the US at the same time.

Comment

my hat is off to the team of Ghana, they won the game justly and with a lot of football. if they play like they played the Czeks, the U.S has no chance in hell.
                but lets see the up-comming game...

i never liked Bartez (sp? the french goal keeper) but he sounds like a better person for smoking cannabis hehehe...

hey btw, who has more info on Ghana and cannabis?

peace!
                "spread a little love and let the blessing go around..."

...so what u rep don?

Comment

Well the violent ones are playing... 3 red cards.

the pope getting tossed against Italy is too funny.

Congrats GHANA go red gold green.

the usa pulls a point out of the italians, even down 1 player 9 vs 10.

too funny.

Last edited by trichomefarmer; 06-17-2006, 22:44.
                  It wasn't me!

Comment

This world cup's getting juicy...

"The time has come" the walrus said,
                    "To talk of many things:
                    Of shoes-and ships-and sealing wax
                    Of cabbages-and kings-
                    And why the sea is boiling hot
                    And whether pigs have wings."

Lewis Carroll

Rosy's Mugshots and stuff...

looking for the Ogre

Blueberry Buds and some Wild Thoughts

Overgrow!

-Anything said by Rosy Cheeks is made up by a person trying to make himself seem important on the internet. The pictures in the gallery are photoshopped fakes.

Comment

both those red cards for the US were uncalled for. that ref should be banned. that whole entire game i was literally on the edge of my seat. with the US down a man for half the game, they sure did prove that they are a more than worthy team to advance. good game, good game.. imo most bizarre and exciting game of the cup.

Comment

yea what a freakin game huh....
                        i think the ref. gonna get banned from mls the announcers were pissed about all the red carding and throw outs. never heard announcers bash a ref(any sport) quite like they did this game.......

Comment

p.s......yes a very good game and an exciting one at that :wink:

Comment

It does appear the refs are not calling fair on the US side. Yoinking a goal calling offside because an assistant coaches arm strayed into the airspace over the field when no players were near him?

I toss the pink card and call foul until the ref is screened and checked for a vagina.
                            Strains by Verite .......................... sigpic
                            Holy Grail Intro, Seeds at Seebay, Private Breeders
                            Orange Diesel Intro, Seeds now at Seedbay

Comment

yea verite..some those calls were pretty bizzzzare.

Comment

GO PORTUGAL THIS CUP IS OURS!
                                AMAZING GOAL FROM DECO TODAY!! RONALDO IS COMING BACK TO FORM JUST WAIT FOR HIM HE WILL DESTROY EVERYONE ELSE!!!
                                NEXT TO FALL ON OUR HANDS IS MEXICO..............
                                GO PORTUGAL !!!!!!!!GO ANGOLA!!!!!!!
                                GROW BIG!!

JAH BLESS!!

Comment

Working...
                                X