What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DUKE / BUTLER

H

Hal

This is becoming one hell of a game. Butler is bringing it big time! I kind of expected Duke to dominate slowly but surely and build a big lead at the end. Those Butler boys are playing the BlueDevils even.

Anybody else tuning in to this alternate version of America's past time?

Dr.NO

I just turned it on i didn't know it was tonight. It was just pretty close but it looks like Dukes pulling ahead now and i think they'll take it.

H

Hal

I was thinking Duke was going to take it too, until seeing how Butler is playing. Butler just hit 7 points in a row, now its all tied up again.

If things continue, this will have "All Time Classic" written all over it.

Dr.NO

Butler sure did come back with that 7 really quickly and well. This game kinda sums up the whole tourny: underdogs looking like the classic great teams.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
WOW i am happy this is a good game, vegas was giving Bulter +7 1/2!!!! I really hope Butler can stay in it and shock the world

trouble

Veteran
Great first half.

Butler has one hell of a fine young coach. Lets see the adjustments he makes at half, and if he's able to out-coach the Master K for a National Championship.

:gday:

H

Hal

DUDE! Ya gotta watch this game! The refs are REALLY letting the teams play, not calling any piddly fouls, they banging inside!

Turn it on Dude!

40 to 40.....aint nobody winning now TIED!

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
Incredible game so far. Jukes has been playing a hellva game but just picked up his 3rd. I could see this game ending like the '92 UK/Duke game. ;)

GO BUTLER!!!!!!

Dr.NO

This is truely an epic game. Theyre goin at it! Did you see that Duke player swat that shot? DENIED!

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
stc9357, i couldn't agree more, you just saw a great example of it when hayward drove to the basketball and was called for the charge, when u can easily see on replay schyer moved his feet big time!

P.S. if Butler wants a chance to win the Gordon hayward is gonna have to step it up in the last 10 mins

stc9357

stc9357, i couldn't agree more, you just saw a great example of it when hayward drove to the basketball and was called for the charge, when u can easily see on replay schyer moved his feet big time!

P.S. if Butler wants a chance to win the Gordon hayward is gonna have to step it up in the last 10 mins

Yeah that was straight BS a blind man could have seen Schyer moving. To this day even though I was only 3 years old I still consider UNLV the winners of that championship game in 92.

H

Hal

The refs are just letting 'em play, and I love it! I could easily come up with more examples that Duke should have got the call.

This is just a GREAT fucking game!

stc9357

The refs are just letting 'em play, and I love it! I could easily come up with more examples that Duke should have got the call.

This is just a GREAT fucking game!

It's not just this game anybody knows that it's past history especially the game in 92 it was so blatantly obvious the refs should be on the teams. I'm not really referring to now if the game is tied going into 2 mins. Duke is going to get the calls. As a sports bettor I wouldn't bet on Butler or any team for that matter going against Duke in a title game.

H

Hal

Sounds a bit like politics getting injected here.

This is a great fucking game, being called evenly.

And to make a point at the current state of the game....HOLY SHIT!