What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UFC on VERSUS: Vera vs Jones - TONIGHT! LIVE!

Nicoli

Veteran
UFC on VERSUS: Vera vs Jones
The UFC makes its debut on the Versus network Sunday with the kind of fight card that would normally leave a Ulysses S. Grant-sized dent in our wallets. The card is headlined by a light heavyweight bout starring Jon Jones and Brandon Vera that could be the launching pad for the next big thing at 205 pounds. Joining that quality chunk of violence is a heavyweight dust-up pitting rising star Junior dos Santos against the mega-hairy and mega-talented Gabriel Gonzaga.

Main Card:
Brandon Vera vs. Jon Jones
Junior dos Santos vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
Cheick Kongo vs. Paul Buentello
Alessio Sakara vs. James Irvin

Prelims:
Clay Guida vs. Shannon Gugerty
Eliot Marshall vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
John Howard vs. Daniel Roberts
Brendan Schaub vs. Chase Gormley
Mike Pierce vs. Julio Paulino
Eric Schafer vs. Jason Brilz
Duane Ludwig vs. Darren Elkins

I would highly recommend using Winamp instead of VLC Player.. You do have to follow some instructions to get Winamp working properly.. but I have absolutely no problems with Winamp, ever. Seems like VLC player freezes and buffers alot for some reason. Winamp is just my personal preference..

Link to setting up Winamp properly for viewing H264 streams:
http://h264.mma-tv.net/index.php/WinAmp_H264_Upgrade

Stream Link:
*zap*

Alternate/Backup Streams:

All stream information will be updated in THIS POST!

Spiritu

Definitely looking forward to the first network free event from the UFC. They put a pretty decent card together for a free event as well. Vera Vs. Jones will be good, they already have it for each other in the weigh-ins. Gonzaga vs dos Santos should be good too.

Got my predictions in BOLD.

UFC on VERSUS: Vera vs Jones
The UFC makes its debut on the Versus network Sunday with the kind of fight card that would normally leave a Ulysses S. Grant-sized dent in our wallets.

Main Card:
Brandon Vera vs. Jon Jones
Junior dos Santos vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
Cheick Kongo vs. Paul Buentello
Alessio Sakara vs. James Irvin

Prelims:
Clay Guida vs. Shannon Gugerty
Eliot Marshall vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
John Howard vs. Daniel Roberts
Brendan Schaub vs. Chase Gormley
Mike Pierce vs. Julio Paulino
Eric Schafer vs. Jason Brilz
Duane Ludwig vs. Darren Elkins

Nice work on the stream for those that can't watch it on TV, Nicoli.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
should be a fun night of events.. I have had the pleasure to work stand up with bones jones. He is a very unorthadox fighter comes from all different friggn angles, he keeps you thinking about that shit while he is bringing strikes from other places then you realize he just jacked you.. lol... also rolled with brendon shaub out in colorado at nate marquardts gym.. peace n pufs..

sackO

RetroGrow

Veteran
Thanks for the reminder!
Could probably use another reminder right before fight time....stoner memory.....

Nicoli

Veteran
Starts in just under 2.5 hours... Also.. tonight, I will have Dream 13, which starts at 3AM EST.. (Yes I know late!.. but maybe for some people that cant catch UFC, they can catch Dream 13.. i'll start a seperate thread after UFC)

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Thanks again, Nicoli. At your recommendation, I downloaded winamp as I've experienced drops with vlc too. I also downloaded the dll and ffdshow. Looks like the ffdshow package already configures the H.264/VAC codec to 'libavcodec' so I didn't have to do that part. I like the turnkey aspect of vlc but if this one performs better it's more than worth the tweak.

Nicoli

Veteran
I hope it works better for you Disco, it works better for me, that's all ive used for H264 streams.. VLC while easy to setup.. seems laggier to me.

Here's the only ones I picked tonight:
James Irvin
Brandon Vera
Cheick Kongo
Mike Pierce
Gabriel Gonzaga
Chase Gormley

lukevega

thanks for the link! BUT i actually get to watch this one on tv. glad versus and directv came to an agreement. looks like it's going to be a great "free" card!

Nicoli

Veteran
Word luke.. I too have it on VS.. Just trying to help many other fans who cant view it.. :)

Link will be up in approx. 20minutes..