What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Professional Slow starts

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
I am a pretty big baseball fan

I try and watch as many games as possible, and am even guilty of watching classic games..

But one thing that pisses me off... a guy is struggling every start of the year, and they call it a "slow start"

These guys get Millions every year to be professional ball players. And they get three months off....They cannot make sure they are ready by spring? Lets see, travel to Florida or Arizona in feb, and play baseball everyday. What were you doin in Jan? Could you not have been working out? Hitting batting cages, why dont you have your own indoor batting cage?

Lets say I took three months off, I work a for a utility company as a lineman...
I get back the first day, sure it might take me a while to get back into the groove but I am sure by lunchtime, I will be back at it..

Why the hell do some of these guys get a free pass until after the All Star break?

I would be fired if I under preformed for 3 months, and said, ahh well you know, I am a slow starter after vacation.