What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any backcountry snowboarder/skiiers out there?

• Thread starter Guywithoutajeep
  • Start date
G

Guywithoutajeep

Say hello

I'm taking a hike out of Berthoud Pass, Colorado to do some riding on Friday. Pics to follow for the mountain folk on here. Nothing better than snowboarding and snowshoeing with your dog in the untouched wilderness.

I saw the Squaw thread and that picture of Heavenly made me feel very lucky about my situation. No packed hills and no tracks besides my own.

TwoOhSix!

Do you go by yourself or with a buddy or two?

I really wanna get into backcountry skiing but my friends are too poor to afford transponders and other gear, and it seems sketchy going it alone when theres avalanches to deal with.

VT_Fire

I make a few trips up to tukermans ravine on Mt. Washington in NH every spring, super fun. There a few select resorts up here (Stowe, Jay Peak, Cannon) that a little hiking above and beyond the gates/ outside the actual resort you can find some ill above treeline riding.

Latest posts

Latest posts