What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

really....... fuck the olympics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyMarsh

Seriuosly I feel like am I the only person out there that doesn't get it??? FUCK !!! When I saw the news with all those ppl cheering for a fucking hockey game I was ashamed not proud...That fucking HOCKEY!!!!! it's not like we helped the hungry or cured cancer or stopped the fucking wars FUCK!!!!!! this world is fucked up ,, have another drink boys..Suck the economy dry for sport it's not like the sick ,dying and hungry ppl of the world really need it RIGHT???Naaaaahhhh it's more about putting on a nice show for the world to see .. did you like our show?? were great... better then you ,,don't you think??.. peace out Headband707

You need a joint.

Looks like Canada got a gold in drinking this year too. Haha, good times.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I'm friggin' appalled @ the whole thing, it seemed that the news was ALL about how this was the CANADIAN(s) olympics this year, how justifiably great it was for their nation!!!!!!! oh really?

Example:
Scotty Lago's sent home early after being shamed because some chick gets on her knees and kisses his medal (very spontaneous imo) while someone snapped a picture.

Woman's Canadian hockey team disgracefully flaunts their win by returning to the ice with beer, champagne and cigars. IMMEDIATELY all is forgiven when it is declared a spontaneous celebration. yeah FUCKING right! it was planned, shitty and unsportsmanlike or are the canadian women such pigs that they always stock victory cigars in their locker rooms???????

I've never even heard of a mans team doing this so how the fuck can they write it off as spontaneous?

oh, that's right, it's the canadian olympics in 2010, except for the fact that the USA cleaned everyone's clock in the medal showdown.......

Don't worry buddy. Like Jon Stewart said last night, "Spring is coming and with it the thaw, and then you're back on terra firma, yeah, and when the ice is gone, good luck, in beating us at rollerblading or whatever it is you do then!" :biglaugh:

We'll just annex them one day anyway :D

I'm friggin' appalled @ the whole thing, it seemed that the news was ALL about how this was the CANADIAN(s) olympics this year, how justifiably great it was for their nation!!!!!!! oh really?

Example:
Scotty Lago's sent home early after being shamed because some chick gets on her knees and kisses his medal (very spontaneous imo) while someone snapped a picture.

Woman's Canadian hockey team disgracefully flaunts their win by returning to the ice with beer, champagne and cigars. IMMEDIATELY all is forgiven when it is declared a spontaneous celebration. yeah FUCKING right! it was planned, shitty and unsportsmanlike or are the canadian women such pigs that they always stock victory cigars in their locker rooms???????

I've never even heard of a mans team doing this so how the fuck can they write it off as spontaneous?

oh, that's right, it's the canadian olympics in 2010, except for the fact that the USA cleaned everyone's clock in the medal showdown.......

RandyMarsh

Wow. Abraham, you're mad at Canada so much that you gave me negative rep for being Canadian? I just posted a link to an article I found to be funny. I cant recall myself bragging, or insulting America... or really mentioning America at all.. Yet you give me this BS:

canada sucks! you realize your avatar is an American character, right? you canucks are pathetic, and you win like #1 LOSERS!

What a pathetic example of a human you are.

Wow. Abraham, you're mad at Canada so much that you gave me negative rep for being Canadian? I just posted a link to an article I found to be funny. I cant recall myself bragging, or insulting America... or really mentioning America at all.. Yet you give me this BS:

What a pathetic example of a human you are.

No you're the pathetic waste of human space for being a pussy!
You gave me neg rep first, so mine was retaliatory for your first draw. What you can dish it, but bitch when you receive? Besides, it was one neg rep. I'm not hunting you down!
Get your facts straight, punk!

L

Lloyd_Christmas

I guess I'm alone here, but I had a bunch of fun watching the games this year....

RandyMarsh

No you're the pathetic waste of human space for being a pussy!
You gave me neg rep first, so mine was retaliatory for your first draw. What you can dish it, but bitch when you receive?
Get your facts straight, punk!

See when it came to my neg rep I had good reason, your post was worthless drabble, and I rated it so. The rep you gave me is just about you being mad about my feedback. 'Retaliation' as you put it. As I seem to remember, that sort of rep dishing is against board rules as is posted HERE

I'll leave it at this, as to not destroy this topic any further.

See when it came to my neg rep I had good reason, your post was worthless drabble, and I rated it so. The rep you gave me is just about you being mad about my feedback. 'Retaliation' as you put it. As I seem to remember, that sort of rep dishing is against board rules as is posted HERE

I'll leave it at this, as to not destroy this topic any further.

Don't threaten me by exposing your narc-ability! And I didn't just mindlessly neg rep you either. Check the post I neg rep'd, it's the one where you're gloating about your country's gold medal, and also in said post you're commending the despicable acts committed by your womens hockey team!
Nice try, but stop it. Don't make me out to be a troll, you fool!

RandyMarsh

Don't threaten me by exposing your narc-ability! And I didn't just mindlessly neg rep you either. Check the post I neg rep'd, it's the one where you're gloating about your country's gold medal, and also in said post you're commending the despicable acts committed by your womens hockey team!
Nice try, but stop it. Don't make me out to be a troll, you fool!

Actually, no. My post was about an article regarding the amount of drinking that took place during the games. Nothing to do with gloating, or gold medals, or woman's hockey. Read and think before speaking.

Actually, no. My post was about an article regarding the amount of drinking that took place during the games. Nothing to do with gloating, or gold medals, or woman's hockey. Read and think before speaking.

Nice, you edited your post. Great!
Buzz off now, will you, Stalin

i feel bad for saying this but i have to agree!! i mean, i get these are professional athletes and they work really hard to be on these teams but i'm so over it!

CURLING? oh, my, GOSH. i really don't get what sort of skill you need to have to play that sport (is it considered a sport?) Janitorial skills, perhaps??

RandyMarsh

Dont accuse me of editing that. That post has been like that since this morning when I first read the article and thought someone here would find it interesting too. Not my fault you didn't click on the link until now.

Zoe: Haha, yeah curling is pretty obscure. I think retirement skills are in order too.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

thnx for the replies guys, I wasn't hoping that this would cause any infighting here though.

I was never trying to take anything away from the athletes in my rants as they deserve everything they earn. Even my comments about the woman's canadian hockey team were about the media and team forgiveness of that stunt, NOT taking anything away from their win.

I guess being an old fucker I recall and loved the old days when I watched the olympics in B&W, the coverage (by US networks) was fair and unbiased unlike the Russian & E. German judges who always seemed to favor their country's athletes heavily.

NBC screwed every other network not allowing replay coverage in their sports segments. Thank God I don't watch that network ever.

Everything is so fucking micro managed to glean every single dollar out of it that it's not really about the games and athletes anymore.

thnx again for the replies you all, I figured on catching more grief for this thread than I did, lucky me.

I'm asking a moderator to shut this thread now because of the fighting in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts