What's new

Scientists prove 5-3, America is better than Canada

iSmokeTrees

And this thread is here to remind them of it. In case the announcers on TSN forgot to remind you, like the ones on MSNBC did, USA beat you 6-5 in the World Jr Championship too.

2gydgzo.jpg

lmao hahaa @ your ferocity & thoroughness
btw that the most recent game in that pic right? just want to check b4 spreading the love

C

Classyathome

As a loyal Canuck, I have to say congrats to the US boys for a well played game...

We sucked - put more in our own net than you did, but still...

Good game - congrats...

That's nothing here is a score where we really kick Canada's ass..

Population Canada 33,311,389 .... Population USA 304,059,724 ..

Perpetual Nooch

Yeah, Canada got beat. It's never easy. Not a huge deal it's just preliminary round. It will hurt a lot more if we don't win gold. But, I see that it might be a problem as this team lacks goaltending. Brodeur is too old and Luongo hasn't proven himself in big games. I wish they'd put Fleury in but he seems to be off the radar right now. I think that will be their downfall. I hope I'm wrong.

Plus, for some reason Canada decided to include a couple old defencemen (Pronger, Niedermeyer), that are having trouble with the other teams' speed. They might be ok in the watered-down NHL, but against all star teams of the US and Russia I fear they're overmatched.

Anyway, Miller saved the game with that goal line save in the third, and Canada still almost tied it before the empty net goal.

RandyMarsh

But, I see that it might be a problem as this team lacks goaltending. Brodeur is too old and Luongo hasn't proven himself in big games. I wish they'd put Fleury in but he seems to be off the radar right now. I think that will be their downfall. I hope I'm wrong.

My biggest issue was Brodeurs goaltending. I'm not one to usually point blame at a goalie (I've been one, it's tough getting shitty goals scored on you!), but Brodeur was being wayyy over the top, wandering too much, flopping on the ice and trying to "stack them up!" every chance he could. Miller on the other hand played textbook goaltending, hmm I wonder which is more effecting in Olympic hockey.

Put Luongo in. This is where he plays! These are his fans! Looooooooouuuuuu!!!

OC80

Brodeur is in NHL 96 for N64 if that means anything, lol. I still play it...

I hope we can have another miracle this time. Go team USA!!!

iSmokeTrees

Not even close to having another miracle, don't even try to compare.

Breaking News: Team USA is a bunch of NHL players too! People seem to forget this.

I enjoy the fact either Canada or Russia will not be medaling this year, as they set to face if Canada makes it out of the qualifying round.

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Man i was so surprised seeing the swiss playing such good hockey...who knew ?

Perpetual Nooch

Brodeur is a 20 year veteran of the NHL. He has been our national team goalie since the 1996 World Cup of Hockey (of which he was not the goalie of record but did play two games). He will go down as the best goalie in history, so far. But come on, Canadian officials have to realize that Brodeur will not play forever. Next Olympics we will have a goalie with no Olympic experience. That is, unless Brodeur is pegged to start again in 2014.

And I don't think Luongo is the answer. He was terrible against Chicago in last year's playoffs. In Florida he was great but he had no pressure to win and he was an anonymous citizen off the ice. Totally different now.

Fleury is probably not in because the coach Babcock is from the Red Wings, whom he beat last year for the Cup. Sad but politics and grudges are part of hockey.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I thought the Canadians put up one heck of a fight, the last three minutes looked like a shark frenzy. So I salute the Canadian team for a formidible effort. Salute!
H

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
canada should have 2 teams. this one would crush the USA ;) probably a few players I missed

stamkos lecavalier st.louis
gagne spezza richards
doan savard carter
fisher staal smyth
sharp

bowmeester green
phaneuf robidas
phillips brewer
souray

mason
price
giguere

the tourney is just getting started. that bye into the semi is a jinx anyway.