What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

does anyone else not care about the super bowl???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I have to disagree. I was a flanker on a high school rugby team in Singapore and have played American football my whole life.

Rugby is very violent especially scrums, but the collisions can be much more dangerous in American Football and the game is much more complex IMHO.

EDIT: Long term physcial conditioning is more important in Rugby. Football is all about explosion. I always thought of Rugby as a violent soccer. In football you rest for a bit and then explode 100% for 20 secs.

well to me it looks like you are agreeing with me that you are required to be a much more well rounded athlete combining more atheletic abilities to play Rugby well over American Football primarily because the conditioning required to play Rugby well entails alot more endurance training to be able to run for the entire match.......and in American Football I don't see hardly any plays that last for 20 seconds, in fact I can't remember one play that lasted that long......most plays I see last 5-10 seconds at the most methinks.....

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well to me it looks like you are agreeing with me that you are required to be a much more well rounded athlete combining more atheletic abilities to play Rugby well over American Football primarily because the conditioning required to play Rugby well entails alot more endurance training to be able to run for the entire match.......and in American Football I don't see hardly any plays that last for 20 seconds, in fact I can't remember one play that lasted that long......most plays I see last 5-10 seconds at the most methinks.....

You're right about the 20 seconds thing. I'm retarded high at moment. Average football play probably lasts 4 secs. My Saints just won. I got all excited and started mashing buttons.

You're right too about overall athletic conditioning for rugby. Football is all about specialization of the 11 different positions/side and owning your piece of grass for that 4 secs of explosion.

Your face gets A WHOLE LOT more fucked up in Rugby too lol.

The equipment in football allows to to square your hits full force as opposed to going low on the hips and absorbing the hit in Rugby.

After playing both games I have to say the mental aspect of American Football is more involved. It's an offensive vs defensive chess game as opposed to a marathon run IMO. There is time to stop and plan your next step.

I'm wrecked.I love homegrown weed. Thanks big man!

:smokeit:

The practice intensity is about the same IMO.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A pitch for the other football ;) (pun intended)

2010-world-cup-logo.jpg

Should be good.

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
cant wait to see ya again gypsy bud, ill watch your rugby and you can smoke my sensi star but ya have to buy me a cold beer

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Who likes Cricket?
cricket-07-ss1.jpg

C'mon. I won't pick on too much. ;)

My Indian/Paki friends are crazy about that shit. I tried to watch a few live matches. Way too slow IMO.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this thread has run its course, thank you to everyone who posted. and chimed in.
:respect::wave::smoker: :friends:

Status
Not open for further replies.