What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is Pacquiao a Fraud?

JoJoDancer

I'm not saying he's a cheater. I'm just saying here we are before the fight of the decade. The biggest payday he will ever have.. A chance to prove once and for all he's the best of the best, "PFP."

BUT HE'S BALKING AT A BLOOD TEST!!!! You telling me he's throwing away this shot at megamillions for some lame ass excuse. He is either a fool, or using steriods or both.. If you have nothing to hide what's the problem. Pretty Boy will be subject to the same test so again what's the problem??? Unless there's a problem..
Again Floyd showing the people he's willing to scrap it up with the best but the best don't wanna blood test.. Hhhmmm?

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He balked at a series of random tests, which is an unusual request on Mayweather's part. Seems to have no problem with the standard testing, and offered to be tested 60 days before the fight, and again immediately after the fight.

If Mayweather wants to make weird demands, I don't think any less of Pacquiao for saying "screw that."

Maybe pac man just wants a month to toke after the standard test :D

bat1327

From what i understand the demands were quite out of the norm as far as standerd testing, I think this fight will go off because of the dollars

JoJoDancer

Lawsuits are for pVssys. Is he going to recoup 40 million from this baseless lawsuit? What court in America is going to side with him in this economy over a statement questioning steriod use. With eveything surrounding baseball and HGH who is beyond reproach? If I was on the jury I would immediatly think he's guilty. On the simple fact that.. HERE WE ARE READY TO SIGN THE BIGGEST PAYDAY OF HIS LIFE. HE CAN SOLIDIFY HIS PLACE IN THE HISTORY BOOKS OF BOXING AND SPORTS. ALL THE MEALS IN HIS HOMETOWN FREE FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE. THE STREETS ARE PAVED IN GOLD!! ALLs YOU HAVE TO DO IS "RANDOM BLOOD TESTS!!!" I dont't want to hear all the garbage and fake positioning and posturing by your managers Pacquiao.

In the hood we call this pulling your cord Manny. Not only has Pretty Boy laid down the gaunlet and firmly placed the ball in your court. He's challenged directly your manhood, saying "Prove to me and the world you can beat me clean and I'll be waiting for you."

What are you gonna do? This a man talking to a man.. Floyd is all but sitting on Pacmans porch waiting for him to come outside without his big brothers..

O

ogatec

they are just using this as a delay tactic, march 13 was too soon for such a big fight..the lawsuit & all that garbage creates more drama to keep people interested in the fght... i will bet all my $$ that the fight will happen sometime in 2010.. boxing is so dirty.

look @ the standins- mathew hatton & pauli M., give me a break! they chose 2 softies (especially hatton) so theres no chance of mayweather or pacman losing.

SuperConductor

Veteran
Yep, mountain and molehill spring to mind. He was never going to fight that early.

I dont think he's a fraud no lol will be some fight tho can't wait.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i wouldnt let that little jerkoff mayweather dictate shit to me either...right now, manny is on top of the hill and floyd has to understand that...they will fight, floyd will drop his useless, baseless demands...it is nothing more than a ploy to get in mannys head...period...well, that and the fact that floyd doesnt really want this fight..he knows what will happen, and he doesnt like the idea of getting knocked the f out in front of millions of people..

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lawsuits are for pVssys. Is he going to recoup 40 million from this baseless lawsuit? What court in America is going to side with him in this economy over a statement questioning steriod use. With eveything surrounding baseball and HGH who is beyond reproach? If I was on the jury I would immediatly think he's guilty. On the simple fact that.. HERE WE ARE READY TO SIGN THE BIGGEST PAYDAY OF HIS LIFE. HE CAN SOLIDIFY HIS PLACE IN THE HISTORY BOOKS OF BOXING AND SPORTS. ALL THE MEALS IN HIS HOMETOWN FREE FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE. THE STREETS ARE PAVED IN GOLD!! ALLs YOU HAVE TO DO IS "RANDOM BLOOD TESTS!!!" I dont't want to hear all the garbage and fake positioning and posturing by your managers Pacquiao.

In the hood we call this pulling your cord Manny. Not only has Pretty Boy laid down the gaunlet and firmly placed the ball in your court. He's challenged directly your manhood, saying "Prove to me and the world you can beat me clean and I'll be waiting for you."

What are you gonna do? This a man talking to a man.. Floyd is all but sitting on Pacmans porch waiting for him to come outside without his big brothers..

have to respectfully disagree...floyd does not have the right to question manny...no one does...floyd knows once this fight happens, he will no longer be able to have a claim to 'best pound for pound'..not that he has that anymore anyway, but when he gets beat, he will have to close that yap...

budrunners

Its simple Mayweather is SCARED of Pacq., This is part of Mayweathers game of getting into Pacq. head . . . .a mind game. . . . . Pacq. will totally roll his old butt in the ring. . . . . Mayweather will have that moment when he takes forever to enter the ring much like Michael Spinks did vs Mike Tyson, dang Spinks poopped in his shorts when the bell rang and Tyson gave him a beat down . . . Thats how I see Pac. vs Mayweather . . . Mayweather will be wearing depends underwear hehe. . . .
To call Pacq. a cheat naw, Pacq. is just a solid boxer that has not let money let him get soft.
I would not want to be stuck by needles on fight night WTF. that all plays into the mind game of the sport. testing should be conducted according to the state they agree to fight in and why is Mayweather being so picky about where to fight, is he looking for a state that has rules/ testing that could be used to his advantage ??? They had a chance to fight in cowboy stadium that draw would have made some serious money for everyone.. . . anyway bottom line is Mayweather is SCARED of Pacq. . . . they are matched up because the fans want to see the fight, when fans demand it, big paydays are there for the boxers even though they the boxers didnt want the match.

K

kopite

I'd have my money on Mayweather, has the technique for me... though Paq does remind of a Duran type with lots of heart and passion... but his charging attitude could be his downfall, its all mindgames for the moment though isn't it... guess manny files a lawsuit edit: which I see he has, to me its a bit laughable that he mentions money in the suit, ie harm to earnings, but if he still did the test and won then the money on offer to him would be extreme, guess its time to put up or shut up..

Personally I see it as more harmful to himself and earnings to respond the way he has, if Mayweather is stalling for time as someone suggested this plays right to those hands.

Slipklot

havent seen footwork and power like pacs for decades. mayweather may win pacs worst enemy is himself if he can stay focused ugly dudes a wrap.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm a boxing fan and like both manny and floyd. But this is bullshit......I blame both guys for this diaster. The mega fight/fight of the decade is now temporaly not gonna happen because of this drug testing shit. Simple test both fighters before the fight and both fighters after the fight. If anyone's test is positive then after the fight they should be disqualified and have to forfeit a big portion of there fight earnings. This is about the only big fight that boxing could produce right now and if it don't happen I guarantee alot of boxing fans are gonna be like to hell with boxing...and start backing MMA/cage fighting more than ever. Manny and Floyd could break every pay per view record ever if this fight happens and both fighters will be a HUGE payday......cmon guys drug test before and after the fight and get it on......what the probably is get in the ring and settle it.....no lawsuit no need for 5 drug tests just put the gloves on and lets see these superstars brawl

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I kinda feel like mayweather has more to lose in this fight and this maybe why they started this wanting olympic style drug testing. I think Mayweather wants to beat Manny but he don't wanna get busted up to do it. I really think Mayweather wants to stall this fight and drag it on for 3-4 years and let Manny get older and then try to fight him when he's older and mayweather stands a better chance. This is a non bias opinion from a long time boxing fan.....I'd love to see this fight.......Manny P is a fighting machine made from steel and Mayweather is a cocky flashy fast warrior. I'm just so pissed about whats happened......boxing has been on the down for the last 5-8 years or so and really needed the Mayweather/Pacquaia fight.

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of the reasons the Pac is so often underestimated is that people look in the wrong place. Watch his feet. It's not so much his hand speed or toughness that makes Manny great, it's his footwork. I'm thinking Mayweather is hip to those feets.

SuperConductor

Veteran
if Mayweather is stalling for time as someone suggested this plays right to those hands.

It's the Pac camp that's stalling for time. Right after the Cotto fight the TV guy asked Freddie Roach about Mayweather in March and he said no way they'd need until may at the earliest cos he needs to recover then train for the biggest fight of his life. He wants to win so he'll prepare properly. To be honest I couldn't call this fight it'll go right down to the wire both of them are greats.

JoJoDancer

All the woulda shoulda coulda is out the window now. It's time to put up or shut up for the Pacquiao champ.. I'd like to see Mannys rampaging bull style against Pretty Boys best boxing matador precision. I really hope for boxings sake the thing jumps off..

K

kopite

One of the reasons the Pac is so often underestimated is that people look in the wrong place. Watch his feet. It's not so much his hand speed or toughness that makes Manny great, it's his footwork. I'm thinking Mayweather is hip to those feets.

Granted he does have good feet, i just wonder if mayweathers reach would be too much its not like he has slow feet is it... I'd personally like to see what Mayweather is made of... By Paq getting nice close and personnal...