What's new

SO YOU THINK YOU'RE TOUGH?

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
I just got back from Jamaica, the day before I left I had a call from a fisherman friend telling me his brother was alive.

His brother had been busted on a boat by the US Customs off Cuba, his brother was not found on board tho' ....... the guy turned up 2 days later having swum/drifted the 90 miles to JA, landing at his home beach ..... "me just follow the stars, Jah protect me" and thought nothing much of it

90 Miles of open ocean swimming takes a very strong mind as well as body

Anyone beat that?

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
im tuff,i smoked a spliff of cheese and walked away twice in the same day.

Yes i must say hes a pretty tough/strong person mind and body swimming 90 miles thru an ocean day an night..think abt it how long would u of went before u gave up?

respect to the fishermanns brother.

:yes:

alaskan

I don't think it'd matter how fit i was, I'd be terrified trying to swim more than a mile in the open ocean...

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
He had nothing with him, no floating debris to hang onto.... he was very dehydrated but otherwise OK ..... some of the area he swam over is really deep with colder currents

E

EvilTwin

Bush Dr,
Interesting story. I'm fascinated by human potential...both physical and mental. I once had a car break down...years ago when I was in High School. I was about 20 miles from town on a rural highway at night in Minnesota in winter. No cell phones then. I really thought nothing of it...I had no choice and set out walking. Walked the whole 20 miles...took me half the night.

I'm not comparing my experience with your friend's brother...except that I got into a meditative state of mind and just kept walking. No thought about it. I turned into a walking machine. I'm sure your friend's brother experienced something like that.
ET

PS; Hey Randude, did you survive with all your parts intact? lol

Latest posts

Latest posts