What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

USA upsets Spain

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah....well it's about time that the U.S.A. got good at playing real football...(the game where the FOOT is in touch with the BALL most of the time).....

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I expected Spain to win 3=0.

The US finally came out and played with some serious heart..... This is what it's going to take to get Americans interested in this sport....

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
We'll take it seriously when they allow tackling.

Until then............Its for pansies.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

There is a new younger generation of Americans that love SOCCER fellas. Its day is coming for the USA.

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
USA played with their heart twice. Egypt and Spain missed alot of goals too.
USA has come a long way since 1994 World Cup and I believe it has to do with the resources available in the US to young players and the growing popularity of football in the USA.
Proof of this is how the USA has beaten Mexico at many matches in the recent past. It's great to see them get to the final, history in the making for sure. Today Brasil will destroy South Africa, and the final Sunday should be exciting with USA playing the GAME OF THEIR LIVES. Brazil however will show why they are light years better than any team in the World at the moment and will put USA back in their place LOL.

Landon Donovan has been a key player in this tournament, not only does he have a couple World Cups under his belt, but also carries the team with excellent passes and fast sprints towards the goal. Brazil will be champion for the second time in a row though!

36.jpg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
We'll take it seriously when they allow tackling.

Until then............Its for pansies.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

There is a new younger generation of Americans that love SOCCER fellas. Its day is coming for the USA.

..Well we do that too in Europe with a game called RUGBY.....which is a tackling game where the participants don't get all dressed up like Power Rangers.....

C

charlie garcia

..Well we do that too in Europe with a game called RUGBY.....which is a tackling game where the participants don't get all dressed up like Power Rangers.....

LOL gypsy
Congrats to USA, they played well indeed

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
......oh yeah.....BIG congrats to the USA in beating the Spanish national team.....definately not one of the easiest teams to beat.....

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
It was a really good match yesterday and Spain missed out on alot of opportunities which couldve kept them in the game. The way they had been playing i thought it was gona be a clean sweep all the way thru for them. Now today is Brazil vs South Africa. I know its a longshot but I'm gona go for the home team and see if they can pull one out like the USA team lol. Would be nice to see some teams in the finals that normally dont get there!! Final score 2-1 SA. Any one else have some predictions?

billb

Veteran
yea soccer is not real popular in USA. pretty weak. I don't think it will ever become as big as football,baseball, or basketball

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
oh i beg to differ Gypsy, the national spanish team has a history of sucking; their league is another thing though...

also, wtf is a picture of the brasilian football team doing in a thread about the usa and spain? typical spam...

peace

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
USA's defense and Spain's offense were pretty evenly matched.....The goalie for the US team was on point yesterday for sure.

Spain came out hard in the second half and tested him pretty good, that was the difference in the game.

I believe the cup is still in Rome :D <------There's some SPAM Paz

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
oh i beg to differ Gypsy, the national spanish team has a history of sucking; their league is another thing though...

also, wtf is a picture of the brasilian football team doing in a thread about the usa and spain? typical spam...

peace

....yeah understood.....but there are national teams that are not quite as good out there in the world than the Spanish.....yeah how did Brazil get into this equation?

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
what surprises me the most is that out of all people, moldy spams us with pics of dudes, i mean, at least spam us with half naked garotas or pics of flowering manga rosa, but the national brazilian team? it is so anti-unholy trinity it is not even funny

motaloca

History in sucking? European Champions 2008... 34 games unbeaten run........ 13 straight victories .....

The USA was one of the best Teams at the World cup in Germany.
Americans play in all the big European leagues.
They have come a long way since Lalas and co.
Can't wait for S.A 2010 want to see the first African World Champion.
peace

DankSide

Oh my god. All I have to say after the US took it yesterday. Keep in mind this is off the heels of another HUGE upset as they crush egypt 3-0, the only possible way they could advance was to score that many goals and have brazil destroy italy as they did.

But Spain? Euro 2008 Champions? I figured that would be the US stopping point. I watched a talented Spanish team take the victory in europe last year, despite very powerful German, Dutch Portugese and Russian teams. The netherlands were stopped surprisingly after crushing France and Italy - the 2006 world cup final teams.

So seeing this happen was amazing! This is our chance to finally garner more support for the sport.

Everyone is predicting that Brazil will walk away with the win, but wait, wasn't everyone predicting Spain for the win as well?

Either way we're coming out of this Finalists or semi-finalists so etch us out some notoriety, The USA is standing up with world class teams.

and uhh, Spain not having a good team? weren't they on a streak of not taking a loss since 06/07? You have to be smoking some serious haze to think they weren't up to the task to completely devour the US team. Iniesta has amazing prediction and passing skills, while Torres and Villa are divine strikers.

What do you guys feel about Bradley's red card? Kind of a shame that the coaches son has to miss out on playing in one of the most epic games in US footballing history. The card was a yellow at most. He was instrumental against Egypt as well.

greenhead

Veteran
Good! The Europeans and most of the world takes their soccer (or football as they refer to it) far too seriously!

:joint::wave:

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
yea I agree with u Dankside bout that red card close to the end of the match shoulda just been a yellow. It must be a huge morale boost to the US team to knock off a powerhouse like Spain and now hopefully win the finals!!!

Moldy Dreads

Veteran

peace

Because if you knew anything about soccer you'd know that your Argentinian boys suck dick! They lost to Brazil in a humiliating way and have lost most games with your Coked out idol as coach. They won't even make the World Cup! AHAHAHHA You are an angry loser, so shut the fuck up...

Why is Brazil in this thread you ask? Becasue they are playing the final with the USA on Sunday I predict, and will win the tournament. If you were less of an asshole, you would read the beginning of my post and see that I analized the game yesterday and finalized my thought with who would win, very relevant IMO..

....yeah how did Brazil get into this equation?

You'll see why on Sunday ;)