What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

any swimmers in here?

WaTerR

post up if you ever were or are a swimmer or maybe just enjoy swimming

ive swam for 11 years i believe competitively from summer swimming to high school teams and club teams ive smoked for only about 1 and a half of those years in swimming and havent really noticed a difference with lung capacity or anything like that

BoB91

Yeah...

Yeah...

I was a swimmer from 8-18 and a triathlete for a few of those later years. I wish now I would have stuck with tri sports. I was really good but my only weakness was the bike. When my daughter starts school in a few years I am going to try to get myself back into my triathlon physique and hopefully once again compete at a mere 35.

WaTerR

oh man thats cool my friend is a pro triathlete . . he beat last years ironman at a smaller triathlon in philly i think and hes like 19 or 20

BoB91

I do have to say...

I do have to say...

I think you asked in another thread if anyone thinks smoking has affected their breathing and endurance. Unfortunately I have not really done laps in like 10 years and I am only in my early thirties but lately I have been going to the pool. I dont know if its been the long layoff or the smoking but my breathing has definitely been affected. I really cant wait to get back into the pool though for some real training!

JustBlazed

I swam for 5 yrs, never for a team just for fun and fitness. Lung capacity goes when you stop swimming, as long as you swim frequently smoking daily wont really mess you up. Look at Michael Phelps he got caught with a Pic holding a Bong and he won 8 Golds last year. Look at NBA players, they smoke and their sport is all about running fast. As long as you keep training your lung capacity will stay but if you stop training and smoke more then you will start to see it go down.

SouthernGuerila

Gotta Smoke 'Em All!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I never swam for competition, or sport. I do from time to time for fun, leisure activity. I prefer to swim under the surface and push myself with how long I can stay under.

Going to go hang out with some folks tomorrow and swim at a lake.

Not a fan of murky, muddy water but eh, hopefully nothing as teeth bigger than mine.

dexter840

i'm a former swimmer. i swam for one of the more prominent programs here in fla years ago. shit up until yesterday i had a state record, damn those new suits. tons of my fellow swimmers still blaze it with me, we're talking like former college swimmers to olympians (mainly non-americans) i look back on those years with fond memories but damn i wasted too many hours going back and forth

WaTerR

hahah yooo i knew someone in here had to swim . yea man those new suits are made fast me and my friends always have good times smoking up and talking swimming hah theres nothing more interesting hahah