What's new

I hate wrestling. seriously

Mr. Burgundy

Once in 1984/5 I was riding the handlebars of a beach cruiser, and I saw Paul Mr Wonderful Orndorff, Ricky the Dragon Steamboat, and Iron Sheik walkin' down the street together, a ways away from the L.A. Sports Arena, and it was one of the most surreal experiences of my childhood.

"Don't they hate each other???" I said to my boy that was pedaling...

I wasn't the biggest fan before that, but I got clarity as a kid on what the big pic was... best thing I could do is just not pay it any mind from that point onwards... and it works just fine.
See, I was old enough to see Geraldo get slapped by Big John Stud on live TV, and the way he claimed hearing damage was just as much BS as the wrestling itself. It was up there with the fight that broke out with the Nazis..but I am dating myself.
I do like the eye candy of all the women on the roster, but that still isn't enough for me to tune in-marketing sleezebags be damned!!!!

Stay Classy!

fat-rob

Man i would be happy if my dad watched wrestling. He walked in when i was watching tna last week and told me i was queer. He stated that only chicks and gay dudes watch wrestling to see dudes in skimpy ass wrestling shorts, because thats all there is, no real fighting action.. I tried to keep him there untill a diva's match but he just walked away. Although i must say wrestling is not cool, i put it on occasionally when im stoned out of my gourd :bat: . I do have love for the old school untertaker though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDLDxu4BBPc
check this video at 50seconds, watch how the latches on that metal object retract and fall down on mcmahon, makes me laugh my ass off everytime

On a seperate note i showed my dad ufc / wec cagefights because he is a boxing fan, and he definitely likes those.

Euphrates

You could act like you where really into wrestling yourself, get all eccentric and really into it, dress the part, and try some "cool" wrestling moves on your pops, Basically over due it to the point where your dad can't take it and begins to hate wrestling himself... Note: you'll probably have to dress in wrestling paraphernalia 24/7, and maybe even make up your own wrestling persona, and stay in character for as long as it takes...

Imagine: Your dad is eating breakfeast, reading the paper, You run into the room, Body slam the table, then look your old man in the eyes, and say in your best wrestling voice "arghhh old man". " I chanllenge you to a double mania cage fest", " and if you decline I ll body slam you into hell". Never let up, and always annoy him with your wrestling antics...

If your dad takes aliking to the "new you", well then you have problems.

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
You could act like you where really into wrestling yourself, get all eccentric and really into it, dress the part, and try some "cool" wrestling moves on your pops, Basically over due it to the point where your dad can't take it and begins to hate wrestling himself... Note: you'll probably have to dress in wrestling paraphernalia 24/7, and maybe even make up your own wrestling persona, and stay in character for as long as it takes...

Imagine: Your dad is eating breakfeast, reading the paper, You run into the room, Body slam the table, then look your old man in the eyes, and say in your best wrestling voice "arghhh old man". " I chanllenge you to a double mania cage fest", " and if you decline I ll body slam you into hell". Never let up, and always annoy him with your wrestling antics...

If your dad takes aliking to the "new you", well then you have problems.

You watch too much Family Guy... haahah

I haven't watched since the whole degeneration X thing. Holy sh!t rick flair still "wrestles"? Isn't this guy like 73? lol what a joke. anyone who would believe that this old worthless heap could realistically "beat up" or "out wrestle" any of those younger guys is smoking some shit I must try.

Nugz

Euphrates

I actually never really liked that show. Just never appealed to me, though out of the few episode's I've seen, the only one I thought was all right was the last episode.

I do like "Keeping up appearances"; what I was aiming for was for the op's dad to become embarrassed of what his son has become, and to maybe begin to feel ashamed, and blame him self for bringing this into the home. It was though after all, mostly a joke, a shot in the dark.

I do see why you might think that with the scenario I gave in the last paragraph.

The best realistic thing to do is to ignore it, if your embarrassed, don’t bring your friends around when you’ll know he’ll be watching it. Maybe bust his ball’s a bit for liking it, but don’t be to mean, he is your dad after all.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I loved wrestling until I saw a live match. While one can debate whether they're athletes, they're certainly actors. Playing to a single camera is easy. Playing to a 360º crowd is impossible. I always knew it was staged but, the level of fakery in the arena was just too much.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Holy sh!t rick flair still "wrestles"? Isn't this guy like 73? lol what a joke.

He's 61, and he retired after Wrestlemania last year :smile: Still keeps popping up once or twice a year. Like they usually do..

:yeahthats

I can't lie, Ultimate Warrior cracked me the hell up though..his enthusiasm was classic:headbange

Ask your dad to watch VISION QUEST.

Stay Classy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laiZgrIpbcA
Tis true :D

I don't understand ppl that hate on wrestling tho, just change the channel or get new friends or something. Harder to get a new dad, but let's see.. Monday night RAW ~ 2hrs off your monday with dad, (the whack wwe] ECW ~ it's 45mins off on wed, TNA Impact ~ That's like 2 hrs off yer thursday and finally Smackdown on fridays, takes about 2hrs off, that's only about 7 hrs a week, plus 2 pay per views per month. U'll still have time to bond.
Unless he watches all the shows like superstars and afterburn.. Then i can see u complain :smile: J/k.

Can't believe many ppl still watch wrestling, i'm not a wrestling hater, used to be a big fan and i still do watch the pay per views, but the stuff that's on tv is just boring. Nothing new in years and all the big draws like Austin and Rock have quit or gone on to better things.. Ain't no Jon Cena or a fake Irish midget gonna keep me watching.

Check out RVD with Jack Herer tho:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ROvXhqyyCk

Might wanna check out RVD talking about his weed bust when he was the heavy weight champ, lost the titles pretty fast after that :smile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js0HGBIM0D8

Can't forget about Macho man Randy Savage. Ooooooooooooooooh yyeaaaaaaaaaaaa!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK7J0jYKpiY&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad2TelzD324&

Awesome suit :smile:

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
i did a stone cold stunner on a kid in middle school and hurt him pretty bad, got suspended, it was terrible

those were the end of my "wrestling days" lol
ArcticBlast

Mr. Burgundy

Aw man, its coming back to me..

The Boston Crab, The Iron Clutch, jumping off the bed like Tonga Kid, or Jimmy Superfly Snuka!!!

The first kid in our neighborhood tried the figure four leg-lock-the second kid got it ;)

j.guit.err

Lol @ Rick Flair. I'm a valet at different places in my city, and I park his car every couple weeks at this one restaurant. He drives a Porsche Cayenne = gay.

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
yup wrestlings pretty gay..
karyn_parsons9.jpg

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
It is gay but I used to love NWO.

I put a kid in the dragon sleeper in P.E. when I was young. No trouble though.

Remember Diamond Dallas Paige?? The Diamond Cutter? That one got me in big DooDoo. LOL!