What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NBA Playoffs '09

TwoOhSix!

Where are the hoops fans at?
I'm guessing Lakers vs Cavs in the Finals... LeBron will go crazy but the depth of L.A. will prevail.
Nuggets look sick with Billups (Joe Dumars...wtf - 2nd worst trade ever, 2nd only to Kwame Brown for Gasol) but I don't think they can get past L.A.

Predictions?

G

Greyskull

only 15 more wins....

only 15 more wins....

1 down, 15 to go, until the LAKERS regain their rightful place in the NBA - on the top.

I would love to see a Lakers vs Lebrons final.

I don't see anyone in the west really giving the Lake Show a scare. The East is a little different - its an injury away from being anyone's conference (especially with Garnett out for the C's).

Lebron can have the regular season MVP.... Kobe & Gasol will be hoisting the Larry O'Brien at the end of June.

bterzz

Veteran
Lakers all the way...obviously...but if Houston could stay healthy lol... that'd make a GREAT final.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'd love to see my Hornets do something, but I have to admit that the Cleveland Cavaliers will take it...

Im not a huge NBA fan anymore.

I stopped watching it during the 1998-1999 season during the "strike" when dozens of moron NBA players bitched and complained about how they werent "making enough money", oh boo-hoo, 7 million for 3 years not enough? oh boo-hoo.

Continue! :D :rasta:

H

h^2 O

i stopped watching/playing hoops when I realized I wasn't going to grow up to be a 7' tall black guy.

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
mellow and the noguts (nuggets) sadly we don't have a chance..unless someone takes kobe out!

i stopped watching/playing hoops when I realized I wasn't going to grow up to be a 7' tall black guy.

Lol..

Ah the good ole dreams of becoming a star. Oh yeah, been there done that, age 9, I was gona be an NBA star, age 11, NHL hockey star, age 13, NFL star.

Now im thinking about competing in typing contests. Lol jk.

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Go Blazers :D Blaze one up for the Blazers :D

I am not feeling real confident after our dismal performance against Houston.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Maybe you should have quit growin weed when you realized your last name wasn't pronounced 'Cervantes'. Fukk that, you stopped playing because you weren't very good, not cause you are short and white. I'm watchin 6'1" Steve Blake do his thing RIGHT NOW...

You'd think NBA TV would get someone other than the homer announcers for the game.

Who saw the end of the Boston/Chicago game? B.Gordon (~6'2") and RayRay (~6'4") shootin the lights out. Celts are done. MAYBE they beat the bulls. They needed 7 games in the 1st 2 rounds last year with a stronger team. This year's Celtics are the 07 pistons...

Tough to bet against either the Lakeshow or the LeBron's. Will be a classic finals if/when they both get there healthy.

Damn, Motumbo just got carted off...
Dood is a 7' black guy that has built hospitals with his owm money in Africa.

Styles P

wow that is sad to hear you can tell he just loved playing basketball to still be playing at his age(43). he even has his own smiley :noway:. :violin: the good old days...
AACV030.jpg

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
hey barletta, things would've been different had garnett stayed healthy..that's a BIG loss!!!

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
No doubt, but they still would have had real problems going through Cleveland, or even Orlando. KG does bring more than the #'s, though. Powe plays the same way, and he's out too. Rondo is a stud. Tony Parker in the making. It will be interesting to watch Orlando and the winner of the Portland/Houston series. Losing Deke hurts, cause he spells Yao big minutes.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
did ya'll know dikembe's real full name? its:

Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo

talk about one muh fuckn long name...

its hard not to pick the cavs and lakers in the finals and it will be a good series at that. great offense v. defense matchups. lebron is playing like a man possesed but the lakers i think are just too talented offensively. the only thing i see with the lakers is once they gain a lead they get way too relaxed and that just wont cut it with lebron. he was mad at himself and his team for letting the pistons cut the lead in game 2 and they still won the game by 12. if the cavs can stand up defensively i see them taking it in 7. if not kobe gets another ring.