What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MLB OPENING DAY

Sad to hear that the rookie pitcher Nick Adenhart was killed in a hit and run car crash last night after pitching a great game against my A's. 22 years old, great career ahead and struck by a van running a red light driven by a drunk driver. Truly a sad story.

Yeah, backwood, what a reminder of the precariousness of life...

I watched the first part of the game last night with my dad. We talked about what great stuff the kid had. When you've been a baseball fan for as long as I have you know the talent is just the first step. The next is learning to compete at the big-league level. The mental toughness Adenhart showed last night led us to believe that he really had a shot at greatness.

A potential rookie star BB player's life has the same value as any other human life, but a death like this, to a person on the cusp of realizing an epic potential, serves as a reminder that no one is immune from mortality.

Live today!

-dTv