What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ICMAG fantasy football 06'

G

i could give a flying phuck the way stank feels about it...i had another browser window come up when i was taking action on the trade and hit the wrong button...i emailed him literally within minutes of the trade and did the same with zepp...why is anyone surprised zepp has control of the league? he is the commissioner and set the thing up...so whatever i mean sure bitchass can have the bears defense for the rest of the year...just make sure u realize stankbud that u have it because of a mouse error rather than any grand plan of ur own...the comment i made about the trade says enough, was that the kind of comment u expect from someone accepting the trade? oh and zepp what happened to the noon/friday deadline for my response? my bad for working a 10 hour day including commute...i also want to see the email i sent u that said stank and i had a mutual agreement about anything...i wrote u that i emailed him as soon as it happened...nothing more than that....at any rate is it really worth throwing a hissyfit over and deleting ur account over? i mean are we here to grow pot or pout about fantasy football? any normal league would void the trade on the grounds that there was too much of a difference in value between the two defenses traded...

Last edited:
G

zeppelindood said:
ok.... it was my bad. thanks for the reply GMT. Since stank has issue with the deal, he will be re-awarded the Baltimore defense and you will get Chicago. I am sorry to all parties involved... as long as we get it right it's cool.

d00d seriously its not GMTs team i mean this is ridiculous....there's no way i'm going to give up the bears defense for baltimore, if i wanted to do that why didn't i offer him that instead of oakland for baltimore which is an equal points trade (which i noted as much in the transaction)...i mean how can u as commissioner think its reasonable for a team worth 100 points to be traded for a team worth 20 points? its ur job to void that kind of thing...people are trippin if they can't see the difference between posting some sketchy swap on the board for two days and a keystroke error...

KYHomeGrown

this is hilarious, you all said there were problems last years and now look at it, their back
for God sakes, smoke a little bowl sit in a corner and calm down, its fake free football

G

there are problems because its not being run like 90% of the other leagues on yahoo...trades are supposed to be reviewed by owners, the waiver order should be enforced...u know i could understand it if i had proposed the trade and then a day after it went through i changed my mind but that wasn't the case at all...i wrote both stank and zepp as soon as it happened that it was unintentional...

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
What are these waivers, I've got 15 of them I think? And why doesn't everyone have the same waiver number?

Wow Zep, looks like you've got a real headache here, 3 games in, wow.

Phat, chill man, so I didn't study the details, what can I say, I got stoned. Suprise, suprise. Instead of doing so much griping, perhaps you should study things more clearly at times yourself, or accept it a bit more readily when you don't.

G

GMT i'm not really sure what the hell u have to do with this transaction...besides making zepp think u run my team...i also didn't bring this gripe out to the boards, and maybe if u studied the details a little more u wouldn't be suRprised to know that most leagues require trades to be of similar value or else they are voided...and the teams in question are not close to equal value...

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
would you like to back that up and show everyone where I tried to make zep think i ran your team, I got involved in this to try and calm things down after you cocked up phat. This is down to you pall, I wanted to have a laugh with some good peeps from ic when I started playing this. I guess you wanted a free prize hey.

G

in any league the trades should be proposed to all. for my other 2 leagues we get sent an e-mail stating a trade has been proposed( by who- to who ) and we all get a chance to look at the trade and comment on it. if you guys are doing this thru pm or e-mail, you should all just man up and except it. why bring anyone else into it, whether it be the comish or your buddies. the way i see it anything done behind closed doors is just not our business. i know what the prizes are and could really care less, about the prizes( wouldnt mind winning). but i have 2 other teams playing for alot more and we had to pay 250 and 175 just to have a team. so im gonna play all my teams like theres big money involved. as we all should. so enough of my ranting......

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
seems to me like it was an accident gone awry... misunderstandings happen.... ppl need to chill, and reevaluate whats important... ill tell you right now, its not fantasy footbal and has nothin to do with defenses....

Were suppose to be all friends here.

my .02

G

GMT said:
would you like to back that up and show everyone where I tried to make zep think i ran your team, I got involved in this to try and calm things down after you cocked up phat.

no problem buddy why don't u take a look at post #202 and #203 in this thread? zepp clearly thinks that ur the bongrippers manager because he 'thanks u for ur response' when he had previously stated that he would give me until noon friday to respond...i never said i didn't make an error but its not like i proposed the trade and he accepted and then i didn't want to do it anymore...i let him and zepp know within minutes of it happening...super job on getting everything calmed down :rolleyes: FWIW i tried to handle all of this through PM and email, there was no need for any of this to be on the public boards and stank started that...i mean what kind of passive aggressive shit is that? if he was that pissed he could have emailed me about it but instead he decides to air the shit out in the forum?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Try reading post 205. And (no offense intended Zep) I think its been established that Zep can momentarily lose his omniscience. Your right, I failed to calm this down, does that make it my fault? I was brought into this by Stank, and if your read my posts, if the situation is as you say it is, I clearly said that I thought everyone would return your defense to you. But that I didn't know the situation. Stank has helped me out after my dismal draft, and I've reported that in the open and defended it. It was you who rather than sorting it out with stank, (who I really do think would have at least given them back to you after playing them in a game to rub in the fact that you cocked up,) went running to zep asking for them to be changed back that way. Ok zep mis read/interpreted what you said and switched them back on your word. Then Stank realises that the decision has been taken out of his hands and kicks up a fuss. Thats where my name comes in. Not put there by me, but it's there and I'm involved. Now re-read what I actually said, and please, please, take the time to show me where I am out of order here at all. Or apologise.

G

yeah well 205 came after zepp had taken action...i never said it was ur fault...i tried to 'sort it out' with stank but he chose to not reply to me and instead took it out in public...and who the hell am i supposed to talk to if not zepp about it? he is the commissioner and if there is an issue u email him...which i did...immediately...its fucking ridiculous all of it, stank gets my offer of oakland for baltimore (which he decided to LIE about and say i tried to trade him oakland for st louis) which are two teams with equal points value and turns around and makes some bullshit offer for a team that is worth 80 points more than his defense? the reason the decision was taken out of stank's hands is that it was an error and zepp is in charge of the league...once again i didn't start this shit in public but once it starts its on and if that's the way stank wanted it then he got what he wanted...

Miss Mess

and here I was worried about being an asshole *LOL*

since this is in the public forum and I'm bored at the moment, I guess I plop my 2 cents on the table.
Forgive me for forgetting everyone's names here *lol*
So dude proposes a trade and someone accepts it but does so accidentally. Then the person who accidentally accepts immediately contacts the commissioner about the error.
If this is a "friendly" league then that shoulda pretty much been where this all ended. If the person in charge of the league saw fit to cancel out the trade or whatever he did then why is this still even being talked about?
Someone made a mistake and realized it IMMEDIATELY......why on earth does he need to be taught a lesson? Is this grade school? Aren't we all adults here...??

goodness me...

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
"well, yeah", ok phat I'm taking it that that's us straight then.

Miss Mess, well, we're adults playing a game, kinda makes it a crossover point I guess.

G

yeah i thought it was that simple too...stuff like this is why they normally have the other owners sign off on trades b4 they go through...

personally i feel zepp is the commish and i respect any decision he makes...i certainly had no intention of deleting my account and starting a flamefest on the board if zepp had emailed me back and said 'no dice'...i think the level of stank's anger is indicative of the fact that he knows it was a totally unreasonable trade, showing the frustration of someone who would rather win based on someone else's error rather than their own merits...

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Thank god we're not world leaders hey, there'd be a war going on somewhere by now.