What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Which camera do you use for taking bud shots?

St. Phatty

Good question. Been thinking about buying an Apple 6 iPhone.

On the other hand I have a few thousand pics that I've never gotten around to editing.

I notice that one of the tricks with cheap smart phones is to take a few pictures, so the focussing system can do its thing.

Also some smart phones have a preferred focussing distance, sort of like an adult human who is old enough to have presbyopia (lens becomes less elastic with age).

Some of these new cameras that people are using for the killer macro shots sound a lot like Scanning Electron Microscopes.

I wood

I use an Iphone 6 and it sucks. Worked well for first couple of years but wont currently focus properly up close. Zoom in on a blurry bud and take shot as camera is pulled away is the only way ive found. One out of four or five is decent.

edt to add that camera has been serviced and is up to standard according to technician.
Interesting coincidence that it also stopped working about when operating system was upgraded.
This was at the same time that music selections all started showing wrong cover picture.
Im disliking apple more and more as time goes by.

Latest posts

Latest posts