What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Photography 101

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
picture.php
picture.php

Freyder

I decided to open online gallery of my pictures. I wanted to make cool animated video for presentation. But I am not pro in it so I found help with my task from this guys. They make cool short but quite interesting lending video content for users.

St. Phatty

Take lots of Photo's, you might end up with a few Good Ones.

Carrot Juice Crust on a plastic Yogurt cup.

Not saying this is one of the Good pics.

IMG_20200922_103736+.jpg

Just think how many VITAMINS are in that thin film !

... without thinking about how many GERMS are in it :friends:

acespicoli

This tread has laid fallow for sometime now it seems its been revived a little.
Since it was current I stopped here, as well as it being a nice title Photo 101
Reason for looking is im interested in taking quality high pixel count photo's
High magnification 60x pictures as well
Even seen some higher magnifying lens add-ons available for purchase

To start with I bought this camera....ok a long time ago but it was high end of consumer choices
ran me about 1200$ USD at the time

The Canon EOS 20D is an 8.2-megapixel semi-professional digital single-lens reflex camera, initially announced on 19 August 2004 at a recommended retail price of US$1,499.[1]

A megapixel (MP) is a million pixels; the term is used not only for the number of pixels in an image but also to express the number of image sensor elements of digital cameras or the number of display elements of digital displays. For example, a camera that makes a 2048 × 1536 pixel image (3,145,728 finished image pixels) typically uses a few extra rows and columns of sensor elements and is commonly said to have "3.2 megapixels" or "3.4 megapixels", depending on whether the number reported is the "effective" or the "total" pixel count.[21]

Pixel is used to define the resolution of a photo. Photo resolution is calculated by multiplying the width and height of a sensor in pixel.

1681304233703.png

Comparison of the level of detail between 0.3 and 24 Megapixels
Some of your cell phones today are how many megapixel ?

Last edited:

acespicoli

1681304463392.png

Year 2023 best DSLR from nikon
20.8 MP
  • 4K UHD 3840 x 2160 at 30/25/24p
35mm film is 24 x 36mm, or 864 square millimeters.
To scan most of the detail on a 35mm photo,
you'll need about 864 x 0.1, or 87 Megapixels.

Is DSLR junk?

Who makes up screen resolution broadcasting electronics standards?
1681306673600.png

Shutter speed fastest found 1/4000 but this is a solid unit
Why go retro?
Cannabis photos macros and micros whats good ?

Last edited: