What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Listening to Animals & Speaking with Animals [video discussions]

St. Phatty

Once I swam with a group of about 18 dolphins and they seemed quite accepting.

Made it a point to flash some big battle-scarred fins right in front of my face.

Another time I was swimming slowly towards a mother & baby about 50 yards away.

All of a sudden there was a boil of water about 3 feet high right in front of me.

Then a few seconds later 2 more big fins rose out of the water swimming away from me.

1 or 2 of them charged me and "buried a rail". i.e. they swam at me really fast, then turned hard at the last minute.

I thought it showed a lot of intelligence - a warning, not intended to hurt me, but showing me that they clearly could hurt me.

I always wondered what the next step would have been if I kept swimming towards the mother & baby.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
dolphins kill sharks by ramming them. bet that smarts...lots of creatures tolerate us until we get too near their young. even tiny birds will attack you if young have fallen out of the nest & you get too close...

Latest posts

Latest posts