What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sailor the bugg

Well I just him on friday and I gotta say he's an angel, adjusted really well to my home. He's a 3/4 boston terrier, 1/4 pug. Doesn't yap or bark and is so mellow just likes to lounge out all day and play after for maybe 30 min. He's potty trained for the most part ( has a few accidents, but he's only two months old so what do you expect? ). My g/f recently broke up with me and I went thru a horribly abusive (physical, mental, emotion, sexual) before that and it left me very vulnerable. I'm a recovering heroin addict of 3 years and am doing really well and my little sailor gives me more than enough reason not to use! I haven't been this happy in so long, I don't want a gf I just want to work on myself and I think a little dog will help a lot ( my addictions doc said that ). I'm completely happy my gf I don't even remember anymore, she barely talks to me but i dunno wtf her problem is, maybe the dog will help as she loves dogs.

Attachments

• 20140531_163336.jpg
    20140531_163336.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 13
  • 20140530_113913.jpg
    20140530_113913.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20140530_192916-2.jpg
    20140530_192916-2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20140530_192916.jpg
    20140530_192916.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 13

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

cute cute puppy bugg, best of luck. there's gonna be plenty of peepee accidents coming so be prepared, get a small vari-kennel and crate train your Sailor for best results.

let Sailor sleep in his kennel, a dog won't usually pee where it sleeps (unless you leave him too long) and when he wakes up you bring the dog in kennel to the door, let him outside & he doesn't get a chance to pee indoors.

best of luck on keeping clean too.......

Thanks for the advice! :D He does have a crate and is crate trained, he absolutely loves his crate. He sleeps in there like an angel as long as his special blanket and ducky chewy is in there. I put a pee pad right outside of the crate so he can relieve himself after he wakes up and he has yet to have an accidents in his pen where thats all kept in my room where he sleeps or gets left when I have to take short outings. A is starting to develop a little problem where he will whine if I leave him in the pen and decide to go out, it won't last the whole time I'm gone just for a short while. I can't blame him, he's grown really attached to me as I'm the only one he lives with and he's just a wee little guy. But if he is tired he'll just go in his crate when I leave and snooze while I'm gone. He isn't outside pee trained but he's very good with pee pads….. usually sometimes he'll have the occasional accident but for how young he is I think he's pretty good at holding his waste till he gets to one. Plus he has tells that I pick up on that let me know when to take him to one. He's brought me so much love and joy I'm just so happy with him. He loves sugaring me on the couch and I haven't even thought of down since buying him.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

wtg, you've given up a bad habit and replaced it with something joyful in your life, something that returns your love and attention intensely. an addict can hardly be expected to give something up without replacing the remaining void, I know from personal experience.

I stopped using a while ago, the dog is mainly to help with my ptsd rather then fill a void. But I defiantly see what you mean. He brings me nothing but joy, I love him so so much. I never think about using and yea I think that the void that drugs filled in me has been replaced by the lil pup. But it's so much more healthy lol. I didn't get him though because of like I'm clean there's a void, fill it. It was mainly I've gone through 7 years of a very hard life, very abusive relationships, drug use all that. And I need something that just will love me no matter what, won't judge, and will teach me how to be more responsible. All my docs agreed a dog would be very good for me to have so I thought about it for a few months and finally when I found just the right pup, I fell in love.

Latest posts

Latest posts